Waypoint Homes Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2016
Nationwide company. Good to work for. Plenty of work. It is a company that buys high end homes and rents them out. Good pay and benefits. You get issued your own work van but must provide your own tools.
I enjoyed this job. Everyday was a different project. I worked with a great group.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
I am hoping to get on with the company that Waypoint merged with. Some of the Equity staff that I worked for is with this company. I really embraced the new challenges from Waypoint Homes.
A great company to work for.
Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 16, 2015
A typical day at waypoint is working on accounts and delinquency making sure all payments are in. Over the years I've learn to enhance my management skills, waypoint is a company that you can very much so learn from.

This team helps you to expand your growth in management, most important part to me is interacting with the residents doing move in's and giving them financial counseling.

I enjoy my stay with Starwood/Waypoint.
Good place to work with a great bundle of benefits and support
Senior Leasing Agent/ Realtor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 29, 2015
Waypoint Homes is a good place to work, with very responsive and supportive management. A typical day at work: Placing ads in local and national real estate publications, taking calls from our inside sales team to set immediate appointments for home showings. Meeting prospective clients at the home to convey the benefits of leasing with Waypoint homes, and to collect holding deposit fees via Credit card or Money order. Collect their relevant documentation to help with the approval process. Upon approval, confirm lease terms and send out lease agreement to be fully executed by both parties. To complete the move in process, I will meet clients at the home and perform a move in inspection and orientation.
The hardest part of my job, is dealing with the public and having to deal with all the challenges that that presents.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is dealing with the public and helping people reach their personal goals.
Pros
Great salary and commission, company car and supportive staff
Cons
Dealing with the public, and having the majority of income depended upon getting people approved.
Good compensation and good insurance
Home Services Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJuly 22, 2015
Waypoint is a great company to work at. the compensation and insurance really takes good care of the team. I did like the team I was working with at the tampa office.
Pros
good pay, good insurance, good company moral.
Cons
no stability, to many changes to programs .
Highly Demanding Environment
Superintendent/Asst Const Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2015
There was never a typical day due to the number of different tasks I had to do. My day started out reviewing metrics, going through emails, planning out my day. Depending on what fires needed to be put out and prioritizing my day I would drive to various houses and perform a myriad of tasks. The house could be 2 miles or 45 miles away.

I learned how to be a good manager of time and a strong leader. I also learned how to be an effective communicator with staff, contractors, vendors and distributors. I was also able to sharpen my negotiation skills.

There was a huge divide between the office staff and the field staff once the old Regional Manager Left. The office comprised of all women who had intimate knowledge of how to manage residents but very little if any knowledge in construction or the challenges with single family homes. This made it extremely hard to meet their demands or to satisfy their expectations. They were not supportive or helpful to the field in any way. Additionally they all worked together in the past so it really became a click and a club of the have's and the have not's.

I loved my job more than any job in my life. I loved the daily challenges and loved solving problems. I really enjoyed hosting meetings and training new staff. Prior to the new regional manager I also enjoyed the TEAM aspect. We worked well together like a well oiled machine. When I went to work I felt like a very intricate part of that machine and I loved going to work.
Pros
Benefits, company events
Cons
High stress, very little appreciation, low pay
Great internship opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaJune 23, 2015
Internship offers a lot of learning in a corporate setting.
I was able to learn many valuable skills that is helpful in any office.
Co-workers are great people to work with.
Home Service Associate/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  SacramentoMay 23, 2015
Waypoint was a great place to learn quickly of many different traits for Real Estate from purchasing, construction, vacancy, advertising turns, to occupied, collections, to selling.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Job security found questionable
Cheap company that doesn't value their employees!!
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 26, 2015
This Company is constantly having layoffs and people quitting. They so underpay and don't appreciate their people. If you win a contest it take a couple months to get a $10.00 gift card to Starbucks or Target and you have to keep asking when you'll be getting it. They have outsourced so many positions to India and Utah to save money and have laid off many people with no severance packages or notice. Since they got bought out by Starwood that's all they care about is the dollars. May managers have moved on to better companies.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Very low pay, treat employees badly, everyone is replacable in their eyes and not valued
Unorganized, high stress environment
Leasing Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros
It's a growing company so there's a lot of potential for growth in the future. A lot of talented, intelligent and committed empoyees. The company is also working on making the workplace a happy environment, aiming to become a company of choice.

Cons
Very long hours... cost cutting is always aimed at headcount. Workload is growing so huge but company does not recognize the need to add more people. Always relying on temp employees which eventually becomes more expensive.
Horrible Start Up.
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Ft.lauderdale office is a mess. There are no consistent rules in place. Meaning 1 day there's a certain protocol to follow and the next day is something completely different. Not enough employees. Worked 50-60 hour work weeks, to pick up slackers work.
Drove 100 miles a day.( 3-4 days a week).
Management has no respect for your vehicle, or time. Majorly exploited!
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
everything. they oversell the position.
Nice place to work, a lot of good people and good mangament.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2015
WayPoint is a high tech remodel company they buy foreclosure homes and rehab them, then rent them out I very munch enjoyed this job however, the market changed and they went to a property management only company.
Pros
good environment
Cons
construction department was on the way out
Summary of my last position
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 20, 2014
My typical day at work with Waypoint Homes would be that I would log in in my computer and answer phone calls.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
meeting move in quota
Work from home
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 26, 2014
A typical day at work was answering phone calls, provide details of what we as the company provide and then schedule at least 8 viewings inside our homes.
The workplace is enjoyable but the pay vs the long hours will demotivate you
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 23, 2014
A typical day at work involves scheduling appointments with clients to view the properties of the company. The days will go by fast and you are always meeting new people which is definitely a plus if you like variety in your work day. Agents operate on their own accord and are required to meet a monthly quota consistently. I also enjoy the staff that I work with as well. Everyone is friendly and it is definitely a nice atmosphere.

This job can be a great learning experience if your new to the real estate field. This company buys and rehabs properties for a return. As an employee you are getting hands on knowledge of how to purchase a home, renovation cost, and what appeals to the customer to move the home as fast as possible. This is great to learn moving forward if you decide to invest in property yourself in the future.

Now the downside.

The Management of this company is all over the place . Be prepared to do allot of trail and error on this job. Procedures change at a drop of a hat and you always have multiple managers dictating the policy in different ways in which you will not know which one is correct. The company is growing so rapidly that it has yet to put in a system that fits a universal mold throughout the company which is not necessarily all bad. Depending on what office you are in you may have a laid back manager or a micro-manger which is always annoying. The company also have a few very annoying micromanagement protocols in place that can be very cumbersome and keep you from moving the product.

The pay is not all that great for the long hours and demands of
  more... this job but the benefits package is exceptional. Be prepared to have your commission effected due to an error from another factor outside of your control. The company does not recognize their top performers and only rewards management.  less
Pros
if you enjoy meeting new people and are lucky enough to get into a good branch this can be a fun job
Cons
the job does not stay fun when you equate the long hours required vs. the pay
Productive and fun place to work. Great sense of Team.
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Fast paced environment. I coordinate real estate transactions for 3 agents. Properties are purchased, rehabbed and leased out. Many tasks are time sensitive so you must be able to multi task and prioritize. Co-workers are awesome, great sense of teamwork and everyone is always willing to step in and help as needed.
Pros
free lunch on tuesdays and gym membership if you qualify.
Inovative and fast growing company
Area Manager for Riverside County (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 5, 2013
A great company to work for. Fast growing, great team, and great culture. I learned how to constantly accept change and that change is fun, exciting, demanding and helps employees see their full potential.
Pros
great trainng, and the pay was comprable
Cons
not enough work and life balance
Interesting company without its issues.
Evaluator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 13, 2013
Start-up company that underwent various structural and management changes during my tenure (which is normal for a young company that is evolving.) While my position was extremely interesting and management was, for the most part, helpful and enjoyable, job security, due to its transition from an acquisitions company to more of a management company, during my tenure, was not exactly ideal. I have nothing negative to say about the people I worked with nor the company culture.
Excellent work environment
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 23, 2013
Great company with caring staff. Professional atmosphere.
Pros
free lunch once a week

2.7