Waypoint Homes

Waypoint Homes Employee Reviews

Highly Demanding Environment
Superintendent/Asst Const Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, company events
Cons: High stress, very little appreciation, low pay
There was never a typical day due to the number of different tasks I had to do. My day started out reviewing metrics, going through emails, planning out my day. Depending on what fires needed to be put out and prioritizing my day I would drive to various houses and perform a myriad of tasks. The house could be 2 miles or 45 miles away.

I learned how to be a good manager of time and a strong leader. I also learned how to be an effective communicator with staff, contractors, vendors and distributors. I was also able to sharpen my negotiation skills.

There was a huge divide between the office staff and the field staff once the old Regional Manager Left. The office comprised of all women who had intimate knowledge of how to manage residents but very little if any knowledge in construction or the challenges with single family homes. This made it extremely hard to meet their demands or to satisfy their expectations. They were not supportive or helpful to the field in any way. Additionally they all worked together in the past so it really became a click and a club of the have's and the have not's.

I loved my job more than any job in my life. I loved the daily challenges and loved solving problems. I really enjoyed hosting meetings and training new staff. Prior to the new regional manager I also enjoyed the TEAM aspect. We worked well together like a well oiled machine. When I went to work I felt like a very intricate part of that machine and I loved going to work.
Great internship opportunity
Intern (Former Employee), Irvine, CaJune 23, 2015
Internship offers a lot of learning in a corporate setting.
I was able to learn many valuable skills that is helpful in any office.
Co-workers are great people to work with.
Home Service Associate/Property Manager (Current Employee), SacramentoMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Job security found questionable
Waypoint was a great place to learn quickly of many different traits for Real Estate from purchasing, construction, vacancy, advertising turns, to occupied, collections, to selling.
Cheap company that doesn't value their employees!!
Leasing (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Very low pay, treat employees badly, everyone is replacable in their eyes and not valued
This Company is constantly having layoffs and people quitting. They so underpay and don't appreciate their people. If you win a contest it take a couple months to get a $10.00 gift card to Starbucks or Target and you have to keep asking when you'll be getting it. They have outsourced so many positions to India and Utah to save money and have laid off many people with no severance packages or notice. Since they got bought out by Starwood that's all they care about is the dollars. May managers have moved on to better companies.
Unorganized, high stress environment
Leasing Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros
It's a growing company so there's a lot of potential for growth in the future. A lot of talented, intelligent and committed empoyees. The company is also working on making the workplace a happy environment, aiming to become a company of choice.

Cons
Very long hours... cost cutting is always aimed at headcount. Workload is growing so huge but company does not recognize the need to add more people. Always relying on temp employees which eventually becomes more expensive.
Horrible Start Up.
Area Coordinator (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: everything. they oversell the position.
Ft.lauderdale office is a mess. There are no consistent rules in place. Meaning 1 day there's a certain protocol to follow and the next day is something completely different. Not enough employees. Worked 50-60 hour work weeks, to pick up slackers work.
Drove 100 miles a day.( 3-4 days a week).
Management has no respect for your vehicle, or time. Majorly exploited!
Nice place to work, a lot of good people and good mangament.
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: construction department was on the way out
WayPoint is a high tech remodel company they buy foreclosure homes and rehab them, then rent them out I very munch enjoyed this job however, the market changed and they went to a property management only company.
Summary of my last position
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: meeting move in quota
My typical day at work with Waypoint Homes would be that I would log in in my computer and answer phone calls.
Work from home
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 26, 2014
A typical day at work was answering phone calls, provide details of what we as the company provide and then schedule at least 8 viewings inside our homes.
The workplace is enjoyable but the pay vs the long hours will demotivate you
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee), AnonymousMarch 23, 2014
Pros: if you enjoy meeting new people and are lucky enough to get into a good branch this can be a fun job
Cons: the job does not stay fun when you equate the long hours required vs. the pay
A typical day at work involves scheduling appointments with clients to view the properties of the company. The days will go by fast and you are always meeting new people which is definitely a plus if you like variety in your work day. Agents operate on their own accord and are required to meet a monthly quota consistently. I also enjoy the staff that I work with as well. Everyone is friendly and it is definitely a nice atmosphere.

This job can be a great learning experience if your new to the real estate field. This company buys and rehabs properties for a return. As an employee you are getting hands on knowledge of how to purchase a home, renovation cost, and what appeals to the customer to move the home as fast as possible. This is great to learn moving forward if you decide to invest in property yourself in the future.

Now the downside.

The Management of this company is all over the place . Be prepared to do allot of trail and error on this job. Procedures change at a drop of a hat and you always have multiple managers dictating the policy in different ways in which you will not know which one is correct. The company is growing so rapidly that it has yet to put in a system that fits a universal mold throughout the company which is not necessarily all bad. Depending on what office you are in you may have a laid back manager or a micro-manger which is always annoying. The company also have a few very annoying micromanagement protocols in place that can be very cumbersome and keep you from moving the product.

The pay is not all that great for the long hours and demands of this job but the benefits package is exceptional. Be prepared to have your commission effected due to an error from another factor outside of your control. The company does not recognize their top performers and only rewards management.
Productive and fun place to work. Great sense of Team.
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch on tuesdays and gym membership if you qualify.
Fast paced environment. I coordinate real estate transactions for 3 agents. Properties are purchased, rehabbed and leased out. Many tasks are time sensitive so you must be able to multi task and prioritize. Co-workers are awesome, great sense of teamwork and everyone is always willing to step in and help as needed.
Inovative and fast growing company
Area Manager for Riverside County (Former Employee), Riverside, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: great trainng, and the pay was comprable
Cons: not enough work and life balance
A great company to work for. Fast growing, great team, and great culture. I learned how to constantly accept change and that change is fun, exciting, demanding and helps employees see their full potential.
Interesting company without its issues.
Evaluator/Analyst (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 13, 2013
Start-up company that underwent various structural and management changes during my tenure (which is normal for a young company that is evolving.) While my position was extremely interesting and management was, for the most part, helpful and enjoyable, job security, due to its transition from an acquisitions company to more of a management company, during my tenure, was not exactly ideal. I have nothing negative to say about the people I worked with nor the company culture.
Excellent work environment
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
GREAT COMPANY WITH CARING STAFF. PROFESSIONAL ATMOSPHERE.

Waypoint Homes Salaries