Waypoint Homes

Waypoint Homes Employer Reviews

Work from home
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 26, 2014
A typical day at work was answering phone calls, provide details of what we as the company provide and then schedule at least 8 viewings inside our homes.
The workplace is enjoyable but the pay vs the long hours will demotivate you
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee), AnonymousMarch 23, 2014
Pros: if you enjoy meeting new people and are lucky enough to get into a good branch this can be a fun job
Cons: the job does not stay fun when you equate the long hours required vs. the pay
A typical day at work involves scheduling appointments with clients to view the properties of the company. The days will go by fast and you are always meeting new people which is definitely a plus if you like variety in your work day. Agents operate on their own accord and are required to meet a monthly quota consistently. I also enjoy the staff that – more... I work with as well. Everyone is friendly and it is definitely a nice atmosphere.

This job can be a great learning experience if your new to the real estate field. This company buys and rehabs properties for a return. As an employee you are getting hands on knowledge of how to purchase a home, renovation cost, and what appeals to the customer to move the home as fast as possible. This is great to learn moving forward if you decide to invest in property yourself in the future.

Now the downside.

The Management of this company is all over the place . Be prepared to do allot of trail and error on this job. Procedures change at a drop of a hat and you always have multiple managers dictating the policy in different ways in which you will not know which one is correct. The company is growing so rapidly that it has yet to put in a system that fits a universal mold throughout the company which is not necessarily all bad. Depending on what office you are in you may have a laid back manager or a micro-manger which is always annoying. The company also have a few very annoying micromanagement protocols in place that can be very cumbersome and keep you from moving the product.

The pay is not all that great for the long hours and demands of this job but the benefits package is exceptional. Be prepared to have your commission effected due to an error from another factor outside of your control. The company does not recognize their top performers and only rewards management. – less
Productive and fun place to work. Great sense of Team.
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch on tuesdays and gym membership if you qualify.
Fast paced environment. I coordinate real estate transactions for 3 agents. Properties are purchased, rehabbed and leased out. Many tasks are time sensitive so you must be able to multi task and prioritize. Co-workers are awesome, great sense of teamwork and everyone is always willing to step in and help as needed.
Inovative and fast growing company
Area Manager for Riverside County (Former Employee), Riverside, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: great trainng, and the pay was comprable
Cons: not enough work and life balance
A great company to work for. Fast growing, great team, and great culture. I learned how to constantly accept change and that change is fun, exciting, demanding and helps employees see their full potential.
Interesting company without its issues.
Evaluator/Analyst (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 13, 2013
Start-up company that underwent various structural and management changes during my tenure (which is normal for a young company that is evolving.) While my position was extremely interesting and management was, for the most part, helpful and enjoyable, job security, due to its transition from an acquisitions company to more of a management company, – more... during my tenure, was not exactly ideal. I have nothing negative to say about the people I worked with nor the company culture. – less
Excellent work environment
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
GREAT COMPANY WITH CARING STAFF. PROFESSIONAL ATMOSPHERE.