Waypoint Homes Employee Reviews

Great Environment Awesome Energy. Very Professional
Acquisitions Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2017
Waypoint took care of their employees. Very professional with great benefits. We traveled throughout the U.S meeting some interesting people in the field. Waypoint went public, and changed their entire buying strategy purchasing more build to rent rather then distressed assets, which is why I am no longer with the company.
A joyful place
A great place to work (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 23, 2017
This was a small property that was sold shortly after starting. It was a very lovely place to work. I did all the showings, payroll, processing rent and evictions.
June 14, 2017

Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with Waypoint.

Growing Pains & Loads of Potential
Solano Area Mgr. / National Resident Service Mgr (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 3, 2017
I grew a lot from my experience with this company. I became more resourceful, self reliant and determined than ever. Unfortunately the work culture only rewarded workaholics as many completely skipped or worked during their long awaited vacations. I learned to be more efficient, focused and tenacious in every occasion. This allowed better work life balance for my team and I.
Pros
Office location was Bartable and close to the lake
Cons
Unessaraly long meetings
June 14, 2017

Thank you very much for providing your feedback on Waypoint. We strive for a healthy work life balance, and hope that all of our employees do too. We're happy to hear that you were able to grow while at our company.

Office environment
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 7, 2017
There is a small staff. The office works as the managing office for single family homes. We rent out homes around the chicagoland area. I handle a rental payments and issues.
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your review! We noticed you only left 3 stars, so if you have any questions or concerns, please email the HR department so we can hopefully help oyu out.

Fantastic work culture
Admistrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I would arrive and open the office. Then I would sort through the mail, work on invoices/receipts and answer the phones. The management was wonderful and always willing to teach you if you needed any assistance. The employees all brought such unique talents to the team. The hardest part of my day was staying seated (my first non-retail position) but I did enjoy learning the administrative aspects and assisting not only my coworkers but the residents as well.
Pros
Tuesday lunches, Thursday activities, helping the community
June 14, 2017

What a great review! Thank you so much for sharing. It can be a busy job working in a local office, so we're happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

Intersting and positive work environment
Inside Sales Agent qualifying app's for rentals (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to work before sold to Starwood Homes. Employees were treated like family and friends. Loved company lunches once a week and quarterly updates.
June 14, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, and apologize for the delay in our response. We work hard to reward our employees with lunches and bonding, and hope that you are enjoying your time at Waypoint.

Leader of the Industry
Renewal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Outstanding training program with better tools than any other Broker out there, perfect for new agents as well as established professionals. Highly recommended!
June 14, 2017

We're happy to hear this! Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear when our employees are able to grow within their positive and learn new skills.

Productive and Fun Candidate
Office Manager/ Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 19, 2016
From 9AM to 5PM I work at HavenBrook Homes with the following Oversee Repair and Maintenance for my portfolio of properties; correspond with an assortment of vendors for properties that are in-turn and/or under construction to schedule and complete a work order, as-well-as correspond with residents in need of any home repairs or maintenance. Manage and schedule in house maintenance technicians for applicable problem descriptions, readiness checks and New Home Orientations, submit required clerical duties to the Director of Operations and property management in reference to vacant properties and vendor payment.
Ping Pong
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 15, 2016
There are so much fun on this workplace that every one of us participate on during our happy hour at work. I feel less stress due to everyone are family oriented and friendly with each other.
Pros
free lunches and no pressure
Cons
healthcare was costly
Good Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2016
Nationwide company. Good to work for. Plenty of work. It is a company that buys high end homes and rents them out. Good pay and benefits. You get issued your own work van but must provide your own tools.
I enjoyed this job. Everyday was a different project. I worked with a great group.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
I am hoping to get on with the company that Waypoint merged with. Some of the Equity staff that I worked for is with this company. I really embraced the new challenges from Waypoint Homes.
A great company to work for.
Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 16, 2015
A typical day at waypoint is working on accounts and delinquency making sure all payments are in. Over the years I've learn to enhance my management skills, waypoint is a company that you can very much so learn from.

This team helps you to expand your growth in management, most important part to me is interacting with the residents doing move in's and giving them financial counseling.

I enjoy my stay with Starwood/Waypoint.
Good place to work with a great bundle of benefits and support
Senior Leasing Agent/ Realtor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 29, 2015
Waypoint Homes is a good place to work, with very responsive and supportive management. A typical day at work: Placing ads in local and national real estate publications, taking calls from our inside sales team to set immediate appointments for home showings. Meeting prospective clients at the home to convey the benefits of leasing with Waypoint homes, and to collect holding deposit fees via Credit card or Money order. Collect their relevant documentation to help with the approval process. Upon approval, confirm lease terms and send out lease agreement to be fully executed by both parties. To complete the move in process, I will meet clients at the home and perform a move in inspection and orientation.
The hardest part of my job, is dealing with the public and having to deal with all the challenges that that presents.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is dealing with the public and helping people reach their personal goals.
Pros
Great salary and commission, company car and supportive staff
Cons
Dealing with the public, and having the majority of income depended upon getting people approved.
Good compensation and good insurance
Home Services Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJuly 22, 2015
Waypoint is a great company to work at. the compensation and insurance really takes good care of the team. I did like the team I was working with at the tampa office.
Pros
good pay, good insurance, good company moral.
Cons
no stability, to many changes to programs .
Highly Demanding Environment
Superintendent/Asst Const Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2015
There was never a typical day due to the number of different tasks I had to do. My day started out reviewing metrics, going through emails, planning out my day. Depending on what fires needed to be put out and prioritizing my day I would drive to various houses and perform a myriad of tasks. The house could be 2 miles or 45 miles away.

I learned how to be a good manager of time and a strong leader. I also learned how to be an effective communicator with staff, contractors, vendors and distributors. I was also able to sharpen my negotiation skills.

There was a huge divide between the office staff and the field staff once the old Regional Manager Left. The office comprised of all women who had intimate knowledge of how to manage residents but very little if any knowledge in construction or the challenges with single family homes. This made it extremely hard to meet their demands or to satisfy their expectations. They were not supportive or helpful to the field in any way. Additionally they all worked together in the past so it really became a click and a club of the have's and the have not's.

I loved my job more than any job in my life. I loved the daily challenges and loved solving problems. I really enjoyed hosting meetings and training new staff. Prior to the new regional manager I also enjoyed the TEAM aspect. We worked well together like a well oiled machine. When I went to work I felt like a very intricate part of that machine and I loved going to work.
Pros
Benefits, company events
Cons
High stress, very little appreciation, low pay
Great internship opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaJune 23, 2015
Internship offers a lot of learning in a corporate setting.
I was able to learn many valuable skills that is helpful in any office.
Co-workers are great people to work with.
Home Service Associate/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  SacramentoMay 23, 2015
Waypoint was a great place to learn quickly of many different traits for Real Estate from purchasing, construction, vacancy, advertising turns, to occupied, collections, to selling.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Job security found questionable
Cheap company that doesn't value their employees!!
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 26, 2015
This Company is constantly having layoffs and people quitting. They so underpay and don't appreciate their people. If you win a contest it take a couple months to get a $10.00 gift card to Starbucks or Target and you have to keep asking when you'll be getting it. They have outsourced so many positions to India and Utah to save money and have laid off many people with no severance packages or notice. Since they got bought out by Starwood that's all they care about is the dollars. May managers have moved on to better companies.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay, treat employees badly, everyone is replacable in their eyes and not valued
Unorganized, high stress environment
Leasing Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros
It's a growing company so there's a lot of potential for growth in the future. A lot of talented, intelligent and committed empoyees. The company is also working on making the workplace a happy environment, aiming to become a company of choice.

Cons
Very long hours... cost cutting is always aimed at headcount. Workload is growing so huge but company does not recognize the need to add more people. Always relying on temp employees which eventually becomes more expensive.
Horrible Start Up.
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Ft.lauderdale office is a mess. There are no consistent rules in place. Meaning 1 day there's a certain protocol to follow and the next day is something completely different. Not enough employees. Worked 50-60 hour work weeks, to pick up slackers work.
Drove 100 miles a day.( 3-4 days a week).
Management has no respect for your vehicle, or time. Majorly exploited!
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Everything. They Oversell the position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waypoint Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8