Job Title: Analyst
Department: Research/ Marketing
We are seeking a marketing/research analyst for our growing Greenwich, CT office. This position will be an integral member of the team, primarily responsible for conducting market research, preparing investor materials and private placement memorandums, and updating the company website. The individual will have direct interaction with senior personnel surrounding the sourcing, underwriting, and execution of transactions. Specific responsibilities include:
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market data for input into valuation models and market section of private placement memorandums.
- Assist with preparation of corporate presentations and various investor materials.
- Continually develop, enhance and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets
- Actively contribute to investment committee meetings with specific market insight derived from the research platform
- Utilize various government websites to obtain critical data required to assess real estate development and investment opportunities
- Conduct market research to support key assumptions. This function requires the analysis of historical and competitive market data and the consideration of comparable transactions in the marketplace.
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate field preferably including experience with apartments
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, economics or related field required
- Solid written and oral communication skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Self-starter, able to work effectively in a small team and to contribute to areas beyond the direct scope of responsibility
- Deductive reasoning skills
- Solid understanding of real estate markets and a dedication to learning local markets and business
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively manage time and workload
- Strong analytical, database and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with the following software programs: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Please do not contact Waypoint directly.