WCA Hospital Employee Reviews

not a good place to work
Registered Nurse - Cardiac Telemetry Floor (Current Employee) –  jamestown, NYOctober 12, 2017
poor management
poor staffing
poor doctors
un experienced nurses
large patient to nurse ratio

hardest part having 6-9 patients daily with little to no help
best part nice co workers
Pros
Cons
no breaks, little pay
Very stressful
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NY 14701August 28, 2017
None. They did not care about employees. They only cared money, money and more money. You never heard from upper management on progress of the new features of wca
Unorganized
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 26, 2017
The management team as well as some of the providers there are not organized and knowledgeable of situations. They do not care about the employees. They rather let you go then help you.
Excellent
RN - Sr. Staff Nurse, Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 13, 2017
Excellent community hospital. Talented doctors with competent and caring nursing staff, dedicated to providing quality health care to the Southern Tier region of New York State.
Pleasant work environment
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 18, 2017
Overall a nice place to work. Co workers are friendly and work well together. Worked there for over 7 years and learned many different tasks and various duties.
Great place to work. Staff is very friendly. Co-workers easy to work with.
Contruction/Painter, Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 15, 2017
Work starts early and keeps you going all day. The good thing is you never stop learning new things. Management is always available if you have questions. The diversity of people at work makes the job more intriguing.
Employment was very educational
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYDecember 7, 2016
It was an ok place to work Co workers are great. Raises only when insurance premium went up , so that employees could cover that. No reviews for going above and beyond , no advancement if you were doing a great job where you were, it would have caused management to replace you in the position you were in.
Pros
Learned a lot in my field
Cons
no room to advance even with some experience.
Very busy ED
Staff RN Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 19, 2016
Very busy ED with wide range of clientele. High volume with high acuity patients. Many psychosocial issues. Exhausting at times
Pros
Close to home
Cons
High volume with low staffing
It's a job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 16, 2016
I honestly love a lot of the people I work with but I am not happy with the company I work for or my department. There is a lot of unfair treatment and problems often go unsolved no matter how many times they are addressed to the supervisors
had a great supervisor who truly cared.
Coder III (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 2, 2016
Became stagnant here wages were very low. Felt like I could not advance. Benefits were not very good. A lot of rules for employees.
Amaizing work enviroment with amaizing coworkers and trainers.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 27, 2016
amaizing place to work and grow in.
Trainers are very helpful and the staff is friendly.
A place that keeps you on your feet. Always go in with a smile and you leave with a smile.
Positive environment.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYFebruary 2, 2016
WCA is a very nice place to work. The supervisors are honest and exhibit integrity, which is important to me. The work environment is friendly and the job is not difficult.
WCA is generally a pleasant place to work, however the pay is poor and the pay grade format needs updating
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 30, 2016
A typical days include billing and reconciliation of patient accounts, along with appeals and correspondence with co-workers and other departments.

I have learned different billing software and how to get most accounts paid by learning the terminology to determine what the denial may be.

Currently the management team is overwhelmed with their work loads.

The hardest part of the job is having a very strong working ethnic for very little pay and no recognition. There is little incentive to promote within due to how the current pay grades are formatted.

The most enjoyable part of my day is without doubt my coworkers. Everyone works very well together. The other enjoyable part of my job is that it's very busy and I'm never bored.
Enjoyed being able to work outside of the office.
Warehouse/Storeroom Courier (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 25, 2015
My co-workers and I had a good working relationship. I grew from this position in working with others outside of my department.
The hardest part of working at WCA was when your co-workers were let go from their position with little or no warning. The administration made decision that did not benefit the workers of the hospital.
Pros
Working with people in other departments who enjoyed their jobs but know they could not get ahead.
Cons
Benefits were to high to even think about getting. There was no room for job growth.
Run as fast as you can, and don't look back
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medical RecordsJanuary 17, 2015
a back stabbing Peyton place, full of people who do not know their jobs!!!! Very Rude!!!! Would not recommend as a reliable health care facility, if you can call it that.
Calm and Collective workplace with Employee Gym
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYSeptember 2, 2014
While Working For the company, I learned my way around the hospital. learning how to assist People with their needs. through out a day of work I am usually, making sure that the areas in a hospital are cleaned and sanitized. also helping guest or patients find their way. co workers there were very polite and helpful. the hardest part of the job was having such a small team to cover such big areas. the best part would be having a supportive team that helps in everyway possible to get the job done.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Dinner, Decent Break TIme, and caring Super Visors.
Cons
N/a
Clean patients rooms
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 28, 2014
I worked my best to my abilities. I would wish it was for me. It was a good experience.
great eperience working with dedicated staff in the rehab unit
Occasional Staff Nurse Medical Rehab (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 14, 2014
great experience working here in the medical rehab unit which I feel is a wonderful rehab unit
good place to work with good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 5, 2014
arrive at work, find cleaning supplies and load cart, following list of rooms to be cleaned,
Pros
great healthcare, better for working 2nd shift
Cons
having to work 2nd shift
High stress work environment
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYDecember 18, 2013
Answered telephones, transcribed MD orders, kept watch over telemetry monitors, acted as a receptionist. computer order entry.

I learned a lot about cardiac medications and procedures.

I had a good relationship with both my Nurse Manager and charge nurse ,and had a good rapport with the doctors and staff in other departments.

I enjoyed working with the staff

It was sometimes difficult keeping up with the demands and multiple requests.

Ability to work independently
Pros
Pleasant work environment overall. cohesiveness of staff
Cons
Frequent changes in duties of the positition, unsatisfactory pay rate.