WCA Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Positive environment.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYFebruary 2, 2016
WCA is a very nice place to work. The supervisors are honest and exhibit integrity, which is important to me. The work environment is friendly and the job is not difficult.
WCA is generally a pleasant place to work, however the pay is poor and the pay grade format needs updating
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 30, 2016
A typical days include billing and reconciliation of patient accounts, along with appeals and correspondence with co-workers and other departments.

I have learned different billing software and how to get most accounts paid by learning the terminology to determine what the denial may be.

Currently the management team is overwhelmed with their work loads.

The hardest part of the job is having a very strong working ethnic for very little pay and no recognition. There is little incentive to promote within due to how the current pay grades are formatted.

The most enjoyable part of my day is without doubt my coworkers. Everyone works very well together. The other enjoyable part of my job is that it's very busy and I'm never bored.
Enjoyed being able to work outside of the office.
Warehouse/Storeroom Courier (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 25, 2015
My co-workers and I had a good working relationship. I grew from this position in working with others outside of my department.
The hardest part of working at WCA was when your co-workers were let go from their position with little or no warning. The administration made decision that did not benefit the workers of the hospital.
Pros
Working with people in other departments who enjoyed their jobs but know they could not get ahead.
Cons
Benefits were to high to even think about getting. There was no room for job growth.
Run as fast as you can, and don't look back
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medical RecordsJanuary 17, 2015
a back stabbing Peyton place, full of people who do not know their jobs!!!! Very Rude!!!! Would not recommend as a reliable health care facility, if you can call it that.
Calm and Collective workplace with Employee Gym
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYSeptember 2, 2014
While Working For the company, I learned my way around the hospital. learning how to assist People with their needs. through out a day of work I am usually, making sure that the areas in a hospital are cleaned and sanitized. also helping guest or patients find their way. co workers there were very polite and helpful. the hardest part of the job was having such a small team to cover such big areas. the best part would be having a supportive team that helps in everyway possible to get the job done.
Pros
free lunch, free dinner, decent break time, and caring super visors.
Cons
n/a
Clean patients rooms
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 28, 2014
I worked my best to my abilities. I would wish it was for me. It was a good experience.
great eperience working with dedicated staff in the rehab unit
Occasional Staff Nurse Medical Rehab (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 14, 2014
great experience working here in the medical rehab unit which I feel is a wonderful rehab unit
good place to work with good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 5, 2014
arrive at work, find cleaning supplies and load cart, following list of rooms to be cleaned,
Pros
great healthcare, better for working 2nd shift
Cons
having to work 2nd shift
High stress work environment
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYDecember 18, 2013
Answered telephones, transcribed MD orders, kept watch over telemetry monitors, acted as a receptionist. computer order entry.

I learned a lot about cardiac medications and procedures.

I had a good relationship with both my Nurse Manager and charge nurse ,and had a good rapport with the doctors and staff in other departments.

I enjoyed working with the staff

It was sometimes difficult keeping up with the demands and multiple requests.

Ability to work independently
Pros
pleasant work environment overall. cohesiveness of staff
Cons
frequent changes in duties of the positition, unsatisfactory pay rate.
Everyday was a rewarding and somewhat different even though the job was the same.It was a constant learning by means of New Technology and Advancement
Phlebotomy Technician/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 18, 2013
A typical day at work was never the same there were new blood tests, requirements and equipment. There was always so much you could learn by teleconferences, educational quizzes, and mandatory education also. We all worked as a team which made the job enjoyable. The Laboratory was a very demanding and busy job all the time, but the best part you knew you were helping diagnosis patients illness and keeping people healthy in the community.
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 15, 2013
Well as an employee at WCA Hospital as a Phlebotomist, i have learned that healthcare is definitley where i belong. I love what i do for a living. My coworkers and i get along very well and actually they look up to me. I seem to be the one everyone relys on for difficult draws and questions they have reguarding ordering required tests. Hardest part of my job would be the fact that i am on second shift and as a second shift phlebotomist there are only 2 of us working at all times, one for the ER and one for all the floors and sometimes also covering the Outpatient Lab as well. Very busy! What i enjoy most is getting to interact with patients. Its also rewarding when you are told on a daily basis you are very good at what you do. I love what i do and wouldn't change it for anything.
Pros
helping out others and being a leader for them
Cons
not enough help when needed
Nice place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 28, 2013
Nice place to work. Co-workers are friendly. Steady work flow.
Everyday in a challenge to meet the needs of our patient population.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 7, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy working at WCA. The hospital has given me many opportunities to advance. I have the best staff to work with. I learn something new everyday and am able to teach something daily to my staff and or patients.
The most difficult challenge is meeting the needs of our complex patient population, not because of the facility or staffing, but because of the patient's overal condition.
Pros
great staff.
Cons
difficult patient population
its ok
houskeeper (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYFebruary 23, 2013
I learned that u have a set items to do at that job. I learned that I have to do things for myself. I guess u could say managment is alright I just wish they where more hands on with the company then they where. Co workers are good workers and u just have to go with it sometimes. Trying to find the strength to keep going and find a reason to keep trying. Getting acknoledgment for when I do a good job.
Pros
benefits and insurance to cover my medicene.
Cons
really short breaks
it was a nice place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 12, 2013
it was rewarding helping people recover .
and working with a great team.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Place
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 13, 2012
Over all great place from housekeeping to Management. Great teamwork with all staff. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people interaction and being able to see most the patients get healthy and go home.
Great people to work with
employee (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 9, 2012
Although the job was rarely challenging, the people are great