WCA Waste Corporation Employee Reviews

great place to work for
waste disposal helper (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXMay 27, 2017
Enjoyed working there, I also enjoyed having something productive to do everyday. it was a good work environment to work in and good people to be around.
Very good place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
I was one of the younger dispatchers and learned more than i could have hoped for, there is patience from the people teaching but must be a fast learner as the work day is very fast paced.
Pros
huge learning experience
Cons
high stress environment
Great and stable place to work with supportive management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
I loved working for WCA and the waste industry. My superiors were beyond supportive of my desires to learn as much as possible. I was allowed to take part in any project I expressed interest in. WCA also put me through all types of training in order to enable me to expand my skills in areas that include but are not limited to Excel and taking meeting notes. I felt valued, cared for and depended on. One of my favorite things about my job there was the wide range of duties I had. I did everything from put on a yearly charity golf tournament to ordering toner. There was no task too small or insignificant. I set out to do each task as efficient and organized as possible. Each day brought about some of the same, but also some new. I learned so much at WCA its difficult to account for it all. I wore so many hats. I've been a purchaser and a graphic designer just to name a few. The most difficult part of the job was the workload. There was just too much to do and not enough time to get it all done. The most enjoyable part of the job was mastering new skills that I trained myself on. That is an extremely satisfying feeling. I'll close with this. WCA was my home away from away home, my extended family.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Workload overload
Former Employee
Mid Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2017
My review of the over culture is at the lowest possible standard - there is no sense of employee value. The executive leadership team is extremely biased and will determine favorites and all others will be deemed replaceable despite of work, work ethic or departmental need
Professional and learning experience
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Knowing that I was essential to the progress of the company made me feel needed and the work that was doing was going to be put to use. They make you feel welcome there and you go in do your work and go home.
Pros
Lots of learning, good people to work with
Easy job, good pay, bad management
Scale Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2017
Management needs to realize that their employees make the company. They need better policies to prevent issues. There is high turnover because the management is reluctant to see the issues arising in their offices.
Dont hit submit application
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2017
It was nothing to work 70 hour weeks. Especially if they want you to work the city routes. 22 an hour sounds nice until you realize you will be working from 6 am to 9 pm daily. Takes a special type of cyborg to accomplish this. If you have any family, any problems it is looked as a personal problem and no reason to take a day off.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything besides money
Don't do it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MONovember 7, 2016
This company (at least the branch in Harrisonville, MO) is seriously the WORST company I have ever worked for in my life!!! 98% of the calls coming into the office are customers complaining and screaming at you. There is no compassion for customers who's trash, recycling or yard waste has been missed several times in a row. They sit behind their desks and call people profanities as soon as they hang up with them. They laugh at the customers and make comments when muting the calls "It's only TRASH... get over it!".

There is no credit for customers, even those renting a dumpster and paying $57 a month for service and not ONE TIME being serviced in that entire month. There are people waiting 6 and more months to receive a trash can, being pushed to the side and told they'll get it as soon as they can. REALLY??

I'm telling you, unless you want to work in a completely hostile environment and be screamed at all day by people you really do feel bad for... but because you work for this company you will catch the brunt and be told you don't care at all... then go ahead! I was happy with the amount they offered me for pay, but after working there I have to tell you. NOT WORTH IT!!! Research this companies reviews, and make your own choice. But honestly, I would seriously recommend that you do your research first. At least, if you value your customers and people in general.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Does not value their customers
Good Company, with areas of improvement needed
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 22, 2016
It's been a few years since I was employed with WCA - things could have changed, of course.
I left due to a lack of work/life balance - I rarely take a day off but when I request one, it's for good reason. Though I had time/leave available I felt like I had to beg and plead for it and present a case for why I should be allowed to take it - my family comes first and this was the only job In all of my years of gainful employment that I felt like I had to argue a couple of hours off.
No real room for advancement in the small office, but I enjoyed my time at WCA and was sad to leave.
Pros
The checks clear
Cons
No work/life balance
Hostile work environment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 1, 2016
I work at the wca in joplin mo as mechanic and like the title says it's a stressful place and always hostile work environment. You are going to work your life away and get harassed everyday and if you complaining it's preaching to the choir. I filed a harassment and it got push off as horseplay and you get pick on more. If you're not in there click your but is gone along with a lot of heavy workloads
Pros
Cons
A lot of agony
Stressful
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Trafford, ALDecember 2, 2015
Trucks were not maintained, management is poor. They overwork and under pay. They want you to stay under hours, but want you stay out all night to finish. Each pull has to go to their landfill to dump.
WCA is a growing company
A (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Excellent work environment and Management. WCA is a growing company so there are plenty of growth opportunities for someone
Poor
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 17, 2015
The company was severely mismanaged whereby drivers as well as route managers were mistreated. The work and life balance was absolutely horrible. Route managers worked 70 hours plus each week and made to pick-up garbage, yard debris, and recycles on a daily basis as a result of routes being left on the ground due to the incompetence of the general management.
Pros
Very good benefits.
Cons
Incompetent general and hierarchy management.
Great environment and growth opportunities
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Start the day cheking and inspect machine.Learn more about the machine.Enjoy working with co-workers.Cleaning the tracks on the dozer.Operating the machine.
to much drama
waste management (Former Employee) –  nation wideMay 31, 2014
the management could be better in area,but yes the company
is great nation wide company.
Pros
needs house cleaning
Cons
nedds hachet man
WCA allowed me to broaden my expertise and horizons
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 18, 2014
Start at 4:00 a.m. over at 6:00 a.m. most days must be prepared to wear many hats but its not a big issue in that it gives you freedom to run your operation and make decisions without a large amount of over site.
Pros
Stay busy and time flies.
Cons
Turn over up top
inquiries beware
Sales (Current Employee) –  USFebruary 24, 2014
Beware applying for positions and working for this company
Company in major overhaul, new Managment and changes for the better.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasDecember 13, 2013
The company is in the middle of a major overhaul, there has been a total turn over of management but things are looking better, the structure is different than what has been in place and it is taking time to get use to the changes, the company has seen major growth and things are looking bright for WCA. My staff and employees are some of the brightest and best in the industry and I am looking forward to having them be a part of this growth. I have seen several managers let go so the stress of what's coming in my direction is the hardest to deal with, of course we are a customer service industry so dealing with customers and drivers on a daily basis can be taxing but also has it's rewards as you meet new people and deal with different situation daily.
Pros
Freedom to make desicions
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent
Regional Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  AL, AR, NC, SC, TNApril 2, 2012
Senior Management Excellent, creating a great workingenvironment
Pros
good compesation and enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WCA Waste Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9