WCA Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Long hours but overall great company and great ownership. I truly enjoyed working for this company. definitely 5 star corporation that is micromanaged which has its pros and cons
Do NOT work here!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 8, 2015
This company is an absolute joke. The management is drunk most of the time and it pays it's employees NOTHING! They buy small companies constantly in different areas to keep business going since they lose business so often.
Cons
Bad pay, drunk management
trash truck driver
refuse collector/ driver (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 17, 2015
i started offf on back of truck.. eventually got the pleasere of a route driver and then graduated up to a one man container route driver
Pros
respect from comunity
Cons
smell and sometimes a customers attitude
No job security, poor upper management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  okc,okJune 28, 2015
Upper management has no faith in their employees and everyone in the Oklahoma city office is consistently walking around waiting to see if they will be losing their job there is never anyone telling the employees that their doing a good job or a feeling of security.
productive day
Scale Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spencer, OKFebruary 15, 2015
Working with trux 7 was a great experience for WCA.The whole day you basicly enter trucks in the system and make sure you have the right customer account for each driver
Great team, overall good enviroment
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
good people, nice environment. Site support was a little difficult because many of the users had very limited experience with technology.
Pros
strong team
Cons
department to small
An last resort
control hooper (Former Employee) –  houston,TexasNovember 6, 2014
A bad place to work. I wouldn't recommend any one to work there. Also if you show up every day your not going to work every day.
Pros
pay every week
Cons
work in all type of weather
Very Unorganized
Sales (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 16, 2014
This company is in transition and has a lot of growing to do. Roles are not defined, commission structure changes, just initiated Salesforce but hasn't abandoned the two other crm systems leading to 3 redundant reports daily. High turnover, very spotty service. Nice co-workers but management and company in general need an over haul.
Pros
decent base, good immediate co-workers
Cons
spotty service, no stability, unreasonable expectations
Does not take good care of their trucks.
Sanitation Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMMarch 30, 2014
Driver safety was not a high priority. Trucks were not pulled and repaired as needed.
Work in progress
Outside Construction Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Hillisborough and Polk CountiesDecember 16, 2013
I have a bias review as I have not been with the company over a year. I will say they have great potential and I enjoy what I do and I am good @ my job. For the most part this is a good position. I enjoy closing sales and working in the field
For me
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 14, 2013
I think it was just that place that was like that...When I first started I liked it but then I couldn't get my days because someone's family had started working up there.
I am an early bird
Driver (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARAugust 26, 2013
It`s a quiet morning until u start those engines up at 3 in the morning. I get to wake people up with the banging of those dumpsters. my day starts early so I get off early. Mondays was the hardest, but down hill from that. You are out there with your route sheet picking up the customers, and listening to the radio, by then your job is completed and you are home before rush hour.
Pros
starting early and finishing early
Cons
breaking down anytime during your route
Nice work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gain, A1June 12, 2013
This is a good job if you are looking for a challenge. Great group of people to work for, the hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather.
Pros
hours
Cons
weather
Fun place to work
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 29, 2013
Great people great cause. Non-profit organization providing help to the community.
Trash truck driver
truck driver (Former Employee) –  SEMINOLE, OKMarch 2, 2013
I went to work at 6am m-f and some saturdays and off most holidays.
I learned how to work with customers to get their bills paid. How to best handle situations when I had to repo a trash can due to none payment...The proper way to deliver a trash can
How to drive a rear load and a side load on routes
The hardest part was all the driving which was also the easiest part..I did enjoy my job there
garbage pickup
Driver (Former Employee) –  floridaNovember 19, 2012
i enjoyed working with this company. I was able to keep in shape. management was ok.. co-workers were missed. the hardest part of the job was adjusting to the bad smells. the most enjoyable part of working, keeping a fast and safe pass to finish early to enjoy the rest of my day home.