WCI Communities

WCI Communities Employer Reviews

Excellent employer
Purchaser/Estimator (Former Employee), Eastport, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: unlimited training to further your knowledge of residential construction, excellent benefits, excellent management team
Cons: sometimes a little too much red tape but this was understandable for a public company
Although most people were overloaded with work and responsibilities, this company went above and beyond to ensure the overall content of it's employees. Fast paced environment as there were many deadlines to build and complete homes.

Loved, loved, loved everybody even when the going was tough. When this company closed it doors, they left many heartbroken – more... people thrown to the wind.

If more companies treated it's employees as WCI did, the working world would be a much better place to be in. – less
decent company
Construction Manager / Warranty Manager (Current Employee), Parkland, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: long hours
publick owned company very schedule driventhis is rediculess I dont
't want to rate any of these companies.
Energetic and Fun place to work
Office Manager of Design Studio (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 27, 2014
Working with the designers and maintaining their schedules with home buyers was the most enjoyable part of the job. Trying to maintain constant communication with the job site construction supervisor was challenging, especially when their construction schedules were moving forward regardless of whether the home buyer had completed their design selections. – more... I met with the designers on a daily basis and the supervisor on a weekly basis. I implemented a spreadsheet that tracked all home buyer selections so the designers and supervisor were always up to date on what needed to be ordered and installed. The work environment was excessively fast paced with frustration mounting when home buyers couldn't make up their minds or weren't available to proceed with design selections in a timely fashion. – less
National and International clientele was the best for me
Executive Sales Assistant & Development (Former Employee), Country Club, Parkland, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches at the golf club
Cons: colleagues
Excellent
Always Punctual
Dress Code
Greeting person
First impression officer
Excellent Customer Service
I Learned a lot relaxed environment. Great experience
Senior Draftsperson (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 24, 2014
I Learned a lot relaxed environment. Great experience I Learned a lot relaxed environment. Great experience I Learned a lot relaxed environment. Great experience I Learned a lot relaxed environment. Great experience
My life was balanced and enjoyed my job.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLDecember 25, 2013
I moved down to Florida, my mother had cancer. I enjoy working with people and helping them find what they feel good about. I managed multiple tasks and helped other associates when needed.
Great company in spite of an extremely fast-paced environment.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: excellent bonuses
Cons: freezing cold weather in the winter on the hudson river
I really enjoyed working for this company. Unfortunately, my spouse was relocated out of state.
Typical day was very fast paced to meet company deadlines. Many construction projects going at the same time led to a tremendous volume of transactions to record.
I learned much about the construction industry, which I found great interest.
My co-workers – more... ranged from professional management to construction workers...very interesting mix of people. I completely enjoyed working with most all of them.
The most challenging part of the job keeping up with the fast pace, but I thrived in that environment. – less
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), Venice, FLOctober 24, 2013
Open and close front end sales office for the Venetian Golf and Country Club in Venice. Answered phones, greeted and signed in Guests and home owners. prepared kitchen area for meetings with coffee, sodas and cookies.
Great Company to work for
Covered phones for receptionist (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 26, 2013
Great company wish I was still employed with them, boss was great and the people where out of this world
Job Duties
Director of IT Services / Project Manager (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLAugust 1, 2013
Provided leadership and oversight for a multi-location internal and outsourced IT service delivery team in the operational support of enterprise network data and voice services for a luxury residential developer, including corporate offices, sales centers, golf club facilities, food & beverage operations, construction offices, and real estate services – more... offices; covering core business applications, point of sale systems, telecommunications systems, PCI compliance, and
software / hardware requirements. – less
all above ratings were 5 per your scale
CSR (Community Service Rep) (Former Employee), Sun City Center, FLJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: sales team was very well rewarded. training, awards, travel
Cons: nope!
WCI was a wonderful company. I worked in a fun and challenging environment and had a beautiful financial opportunity.
Regional Coordinator (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: free gym membership, black friday off
Cons: too many big fishes in the sea
Answer a lot of complains
That rich people think that they should be treat like God
The management was exelent
my co-workers! what can I say?!? it was a very diverce place (mulitcultural)
The hardest part of my job, when I didnt have an answer for my clients
The most enjoyable part of the job, was when I fullfilled my clients expectetaions and more
Very Family oriented place
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLSeptember 3, 2012
Flexible Hours
Great Pay
Family Oriented
Freindly Environment
amazing company
Punch out supervisor (Former Employee), palm beach gardens, flAugust 27, 2012
Pros: too many to list
the best job i ever had, very good atmosphere and good quality construction.
Ownership and fiscal responsibility
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJune 22, 2012
Great company to learn, growth and really make a difference.
Very pleasant environment
Customer Service and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sun City Center, FloridaJune 6, 2012
Pros: residents and management
Cons: salary
Dealing with residents, vendors and managers, billing. Obtained an understanding of the retirement community, activities and needs of senior residents.
it was good for a part time job
First Impression Officer (part-time) (Former Employee), east fishkillApril 24, 2012
it was good for a part time job. the pay was great. i had a lot of free time when there was no customers. other then the fact that I had a new manager every 3-4 mo. it was good
Great place to work and meet new people
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Fort Myers, Fl.January 31, 2012
Pros: training, pretty good work schedule
Cons: depending on postion hard to move up
Overall, a great place to work, they have alot of beautiful communities that really have the residents in mind. Beautiful landscapes and great golf courses!! Have all the benefits you could need.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Sun City Center and Bradenton, FL (Current Employee), Graphic DesignerNovember 7, 2011
Pros: salary, benefits and personnel
Cons: instability of the housing market
I still work as a freelancer for WCI Communities. My experience with WCI Communities has been wonderful. While it is a very fast-paced environment in the Marketing Department, it's always been very positive for me. I've worked there at the housing market boom and at the fall. WCI has made necessary cutbacks in order to survive, but I cannot say anything – more... negative about it from an employee standpoint. Salaries were generous and benefits great. But the people made the greatest difference. Some of my coworkers will be my friends for life. – less

About WCI Communities

WCI Communities develops luxury residential communities and homes in Florida. Founded in 1946, it caters primarily to┬áretirement – Read more