WDS Global Employee Reviews

WDS Global
Verizon Wireless Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 14, 2016
Signing into the phones starting applications to lookup customer accounts. Providing billing information or Technical Support.

What I learned was that call centers bring people together and that they can be a stressful environment for some. I however enjoyed the experience meeting new people.

Management was alright, they didn't have all the answers when faced with difficult problems which rarely arose. The problem we had was getting tossed together with different teams and supervisors frequently but I managed.

My co-workers are still some of my closest friends, all in all the people I meet were very pleasant and while some had their difficulties performing their duties I did my best to train them more thoroughly during my downtime. ex, lunch breaks etc.

The hardest part of the job was high call volume combined with malfunctioning software at times but it wasn't much of a challenge for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to work in an environment which I was already familiar with that being dealing with cellular devices and billing questions or problems. I know what it's like being on the other side of the phones.
Pros
Occasional Free Pizza
Cons
Nothing really
Happy Customers
Verizon Wireless Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 11, 2016
Helping our customers equipment running smoothly,
Great Leadership creates great working environment,
Caring about your employees opinions, "opinions do matter",
Having a fun team with fun employees creates enjoyable environment,
Don't assume before you hear it fully slogan that helps employees make right decisions for their customers.
Call Center Heaven
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 6, 2016
Through WDS Global, I was able to work for Verizon Wireless in the tier two technical support department. Answering in coming calls daily, building with rapport with customer to resolve their reason for calling.
Dont expect to have a life
Tech support agent for Verizon wireless (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 23, 2016
in truth working here is great for someone if they dont plan on having an active social life. but if you're a busy person with plans on the weekends then this is not the job for you.
Pros
good work cultule, paid training.
Cons
very little negotiating schedules.
Training is ideal
Verizon Wireless Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 22, 2016
Training was very thorough and informative. Plenty of tools available to do your job. Lacks reliable management and job security.
Pros
Not a difficult job but is challenging enough to hold intrest
Cons
Poor management
ran out of business
tech agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 15, 2016
I do not have much to say about this company as I did not work there long. I did not like the pay or how things were ran. Needless to say they closed down in my city not long after I left them.
Very stressful place but was always worth it.
customer Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 6, 2016
A normal day for me a WDS Global would be sitting at a desk for 9 hrs consulting and being a specialist with many different phones. The most difficult of my job would be the late hours but the most amazing part of my job would be hearing the customer on the other line with relief as i do everything to make both of our lives better.
Its call after call after call
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 1, 2016
I would take calls for a phone company. Didn't really learn much here. The management he was there just to be there, meaning they didn't so anything. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management. Most enjoyable part was the people you worked with.
Pros
great people who worked there, great break room
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Its not too bad
Tech Agent for Verizon Wireless (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 22, 2016
This wasn't a bad job it got me on my feet and there is a lot of good to go against the bad you will hear. One thing I liked is that hard wor got rewarded which I always respected about this company. Its just more for single people because its hard having and maintaining a family life outside of this job because it demands a lot of overtime and different hours.
I had strange hours and I didn't enjoy my time there a whole lot.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 11, 2016
I would come into work and immediately start taking calls to support people with their problems. I was given 2 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch everyday. My hours were 11am to 11pm.I learned how to use an 10 year old system that the company uses to provide support and I learned the coverage areas of Verizon's network.
Productive work enviroment
Cell phone tech (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 2, 2015
long hours and everybody get along for the most part management is organized and prepared. Seeing everyone you work with and knowing that they are friendly.
terrible from the ground up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 5, 2015
In a world of lacking customer service, terrible pay structure, poor training and nonexistent corporate values, WDS Global takes the cake. It was a horrible company that I wouldn't have remotely considered for if I didn't need the money at the time. However, most of the people working there were in the same predicament as me. We all bonded pretty well, and even participated in a lot of after hours activities. People didn't just call you to tell you they are having a great day, so for the most part the negativity could get to you. But good coworkers can get you through the day.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, poor hours, poor management, lack of structure
Not a good company at all.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 24, 2015
Did not like the management or handling for the company. Needs more than personal one on one communications. I will not ever apply or work for this company again
High volume fast paced work environment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 23, 2015
This job is stressful for the person who can not handle an angry customer it is not suitable. The call volumes were extremely high and we were reviewed on calls. I enjoyed the problem solving and the actual working the solution to the problem.
Pros
Great team and benefits great pay.
Cons
Angry customers, Swearing, yelling, screaming
Good place to work for people who like to work independantly
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 4, 2015
The hours were pretty rough but that is to be expected for a customers support center. Company was willing to listen to employee input and implement new ideas. shifts were up for bid so we did not have to always work the unwanted shifts
Great while it lasted.
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TexasAugust 18, 2015
In Wichita Falls, WDS had a reputation for being that place that would fire you for nearly any reason.
That simply wasn't true.
Though being my first Call Center job, it really wasn't that hard of work. Co workers were friendly, and sticking together with your training class was like family.
Sure, the job is emotionally taxing if you can't take being personally yelled at by a customer who has gone through hours of being given the runaround and not getting the help they want or need.
But as long as you keep a professional distance on your feelings, it is a great job troubleshooting cellphones for people.
The feeling of satisfaction, however, when you make someone's day by solving their problem or getting a good deal is totally worth it.
Of course, I suppose that goes for any other call center job.
I wish the place didn't close down, there was a lot of opportunity for advancement that I didn't get to take advantage of.
Pros
Opportunity for Advancement, fairly easy work, technologically oriented, healthcare and 401k benefits, lots of overtime opportunity
Cons
Closed down on the 28th of August (The Wichita Falls center), stressful if you take customer interaction personally
Poor
Tier II Technical support (Former Employee) –  wichita falls, txAugust 5, 2015
The management and training team were poor. It is no wonder the company did not last. I would not recommend anyone working here if they keep the current training and management team. HR was good to be honest, that was the only management team that was.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad management
Poor place
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 26, 2015
not a place I'd recommend, I had a bad experience, place has high rate of firing and letting go of people, they demand way to high calling percent, don't even give you much a chance to transition from training, discremative place
I had a summer job there.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 24, 2015
The company has a tendency of firing a lot of people for no reason. On the other side of that it, it is a good paying job that helps get experience.
disorganized, constant turnover at all levels so difficulty keeping employees and management trained to appropriate standards
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 15, 2015
hard to properly assist customers when you cannot depend on management to assist when you get stuck or in the event of an escalated call due to lack of training or experience. Other than that was an excellent place to work, good incentives, motivation, lots of opportunity to receive job recognition,
Pros
games and incentives
Cons
lack of tenured reps leading to poor customer service

2.9