WDS Global

WDS Global Employer Reviews

I enjoyed my time at this facility until I worked with irrate customers, I do not feel that they adequatelytrained me to be the best I can be
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: plenty of time for lunch, over-time is always an option, made friends along the way with co-workers and customers
Cons: not enough training to perform the job at my best confidentally
A typical day at work consists of sitting at my own personal desk with a computer, office chair, and drink at the ready waiting for any and all calls that come in. I would answer every call with confidence that I can help resolve the customers issue. If the issue was beyond my own personal control as a technical support agent, I told them about the network repair team and how they are the best of the best. It would take a little while for the ticket to go through, but that could fix the issue if I could not. If this wouldnt resolve their issue, I directed them to the supervisor and stood on standby to make sure that things went smoothly. I found that I am very good with people because even the ones that weren't having the best of days before on the phone with me enjoyed their time with me, gave me the best score I could possibly get on my surveys and asked if there was a way that they could reach me again. On my last day in particular, I had one of the worst experiences in my life. Not at all due to my customer, more so with the poor management that seemed to have other things taking priority over helping me. The minute I showed my concerns about my customer on the other end of the phone, my supervisor told me to get back on the phone or quit, which is the reason for my quitting the job. I would have stayed, had I gotten help when I was uncomfortable. I left the place very disappointed in my supervisor, the main one I looked up to while working there.
Do it for the people, not for the money
Knowledge Analyst (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJanuary 26, 2015
WDS is a company that is fun to work at because it has some of the most innovative and creative minds in the industry, but it consistently fails to recognize that or retain talent. Benefits are, at best, mediocre and compensation is often far below the regional average for similar duties.
Good people
Verizon Prepaid -Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: not that great management
Great people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment.
Horrible
customer service / tech rep (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 16, 2015
this place is a very unorganized place to work you go through 4 weeks training 2 weeks transition than when your on the floor your practically being thrown out like a pack of wolves NO HELP AT ALL which lead to angry customers! Also the supervisors act like they are better than everyone else, play favortism, & dont want to help thier team members. When you go into weekly coaching its suppose to be about making you a better representative not making you feel down about yourself or making you feel like you're less than anyone else!!!! I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE!!! AWFUL PLACE! Needs new management ASAP.
enteraining
Customer Care/Tech Agent (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: the crazy phone calls and management to try and make it fun for you
Cons: too many chiefs not enough indians
The phone calls can get a little bit nerve wrecking.You have to have thick skin. They used to allow employees have a little fun at their cubicles til the take over. then it became bland.
Poor work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Boise, IDDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed the people i worked with overall, however, the environment and opportunities for advancement were not good.
buisness closed
Representative (Former Employee), nampa idahoDecember 3, 2014
Pros: business closed
Cons: business closed
business closed
good place to work
far drive from main center
pay was worth it.
excellent job
Food was Amazing and desserts were even better
Fun Workplace
customer service representative (Former Employee), Kirkland, WADecember 1, 2014
everybody is in a good mood and a team player management is always there to help you in any problem you may have,the hardest part of the job will be when your not able to help a customer because you don't have the right information, but 98% of the time the job es enjoyable....
Fun place to work
Data Tech Support (Former Employee), Kirkland, WANovember 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, benfits
Great place to learn tech skills, customer service, great people to work with. They give you the skills you need to know for the job. Management is always there when you need them.
Tech Support
Tier-3 Data Card Support Agent (Former Employee), Kirkland, WANovember 4, 2014
Just a basic tech support company for mobile companies such as T-mobile, Verizon etc. I worked as a Tier 3 data card support specialist that provided network, phone, and data fixes.
No job security.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kirkland, WANovember 3, 2014
Pros: cool and smart co-workers, pay.
Cons: management, training, hours, job security
The training is ok. There are some very smart people that work for this company and some of them know it and are A-holes because of that. They pay is pretty good. The hours can be crazy. When I worked there it seemed like parking was always an issue but they have moved locations since then.
There are two very bad things about WDS. The first is the advancement. You get to be supervisor if you smoke and if you are buddy buddy with the other supervisors, regardless of qualifications. So...that sucks.
The second being the job security. There is none. Because it is a contract company they hire and lay off people depending on what new contract they just landed or lost. So if you have a family that depends on a steady paycheck, steer clear. On the other hand, if you are a single 20-30 something technophile with no real ambition, then this is the place for you. They don't fight your unemployment claim and if you did well or average they will invite you back once they have a new contract.
One more thing, it is a meat factory. Lots of single people (and not single people) trying to get laid.
honesty
Customer Care Rep, Technical Support Rep. (Former Employee), Boise, IDOctober 13, 2014
When i worked for the company the benefits were terrible the only way to advance was if you became friends with someone higher up. The mere fact that they portrayed themselves as family oriented and fired people for having to be home with their family or if the higher ups didn't like you they wouldn't give you what you deserved or were promised. not to mention the only reason they raised their pay was due to the fact that they lost most of their employee's to maximus due to higher pay.
Complete lack of professional atmosphere.
SMartphone / Network Technician Tier 3 (Former Employee), Boise, IDOctober 11, 2014
Cons: benefits, poor management.
This company makes it workers feel like they are worthless. They do this with the lack of compensation, benefits, and support.
Very mondane
Agent (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXOctober 3, 2014
I was in a 6 week training class, during which we learned how to navigate the operating system on the computer. Once training is complete, you're released to a manager, who oversees you taking incoming calls from customers, regarding their cell phone bills. The managers are former agents, who were promoted based on whatever reason was deemed ample at the time. However, when confronted with a problem, they were typically the last one to know how to handle it.
Great benefits and great overtime
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits and overtime
Cons: needed coffee pot closer to work stations
Very fast pased call center. Too long of a wait to get a manager's approval. Great co-workers. Training was not the best, it didn't prepare you for real time questions from the customer.
Interesting and Challenging
Customer Care (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: flexibile schedule, overtime
Helped customers with Verizon Wireless phones
Tier I assistance with cellular phones
Advised customers of balance
hostal enviroment
Customer Service/ Tech Agent (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 25, 2014
clock in pull up your screen you will be needing then start taking calls
Call center with pool table in break room
Tech Support/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 18, 2014
Pros: pool table, friendly coworkers
Cons: stressful for first job.
This was my first job. Taking calls, troubleshooting customer's phones/devices with them. Most of the problems were the same or easily solved. If it's too stressful to handle for someone, there's always a pool table in the break room when they take their break to take a bit of the stress off. I learned how to deal with a majority of the problems with smartphones. Your co-workers are going through the same thing with you, so you can talk it out with them and they'll understand exactly how to help you. The hardest part of the job would probably be the angry customers accusing you even though it's not your fault. I suppose all customer service jobs have this. The most enjoyable part of the job would be resolving the device's problem with the customer and we both end up happy.
refuse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 1, 2014
This company had a high burn and turn rate and did not value their employees.
call center
tech support agent (Former Employee), meridian idahoJuly 16, 2014
Was a good place to work for, until you get sick and they set a dead line for when ur hours have to be completed and made up, makes things really stressful on the agent

1 2 3 4 5