WDS

WDS Employer Reviews

It's work and it pays a bill
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: sales advisor
My typical day on the job is making sure i have enough work to get me thru the day, remain a busy bee while my management and co-workers are happy doing what ever makes them feel good. The hardest part of my job is lack of work and goofy around, i dislike wasting gas when i could have been productive in other areas. Once my job is complete now the fun – more... has began. – less
fun and productive work place
agent (Former Employee), wichita falls, txJuly 17, 2014
Pros: always someone around to help if needed
A typical day at WDS consisted of a numerous calls coming in about problems I had to help fix. I enjoyed helping and making customers happy. My co workers and Supervisor always had a positive attitude and helped me with a call or gave me advice. I'd have to say the hardest part about working there was of course the unsatisfied customers. Even though – more... you tried your best they still remain unhappy. I enjoyed the people I was working with and the things I learned about customer service and working with tech support. – less
HR does not function correctly!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 4, 2014
Cons: change schedule w/o notice
The WDS (Zerox) HR department does nothing to the supervisors for inappropriate conduct!
I complained several times about my supervisor using foul language, racial slurs and even a direct threat to "pop me in the face" which was overheard by a customer on another call who complained. A five day suspension was given to him but the unacceptable behavior – more... only disappeared for a week then came back with a vengeance!
I ended up QUITTING over this as HR would do nothing not even changing supervisors!!
WDS is a HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT and owes me unemployment compensation for they FORCED me to quit! – less
Great experience
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee), Montclair, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: being able to help people discover new products
Cons: not enough product
Go in with a positive attitude to give the best customer service. I learned that I can interact with people of all walks of life. I am self motivated and can follow instructions. The hardest part of the job was not having product available at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
very conssistant place to work
Tech Support/Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 24, 2014
Pros: nice coffe shop in the lunch room
Cons: a bounse system that you don't have much controll on
I would clock in and start taking calls for 2hrs then clock out for break(15 min) then calls 2hrs lunch(30 min) calls 2hrs break(15 min) calls 2hrs leave. some days we would have a team meeting and once a week we would have a 1 on 1 with our team leader. the calls were about 40% tech support that I could fix about 30% account based problems I could – more... fix and 30% that were account based problems I was not allowed to do anything about.
I learned a great deal about how to talk to customers that are varying from happy go lucky to raging mad. I also learned a lot about how cell phones can make calls and transfer data.
Management was usually not involved out on the call floor they would call in a team leader and leave it to the leader to correct or change.
The hardest part of the job was trying to calm people down when the company policy stops me from fixing a problem and I can't tell the customer why.
I enjoyed being able to help people get their phones working and accounts straightened out. – less
Busy job working with the public.
Food server (Former Employee), Lehi, UTApril 8, 2014
Pros: a clean environment to work.
Cons: always feeling that upper management was watching youl
You get a food cart, take onto the floor of Costco, set it up, start cooking. Serve food when ready to Costco customers. You learn how to sell items to the public. It's not just handing out food or dry products. You must know the product and sell it to the customers. The hardest part of this job was standing for 6 hours per shift. We had breaks and – more... a half hour lunch break, which was nice. I enjoyed explaining to the customers about the product I was handing out. The WDS manage was pleasant to work with. – less
an awesome job
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: there really are no cons to this job.
this is a fun job to do! the atmosphere is amazing and getting to learn about different products and making customers happy its fun. the pay is good and the hours are okay as well. you get to meet new people everyday and even acquire everyday customers who will come back just to see you. i would recommend this job to anyone.
Sample different kind of food on a tray to customers
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work was to come in check the demo car to see if all the dishes we need it were in the car other wise we were suppose to look for it in the office before our shift started. once out shift begin we we had to look for a spot inside of Costco Warehouse store, sometimes we had to be next to our product.
The management was really poor. The – more... Managers were no professional with the employ's. There was a few times they threat us by giving us less days to work and use bad words.
The job was not to hard all we had to do was talk about the product and the quality and what it contain, for example like how many calories it contain and the ingredients. The most enjoyable part was that i lean a lot of different things i never new about different kind of food and beverages also that i got to see different faces and work with a lot of different people and make customers happy every time they ask me for help. – less
Answer calls for Verizon
CUSTMER SERIVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Answer calls and solve customer problems. They really were not a very organized company.
little knowledge but word spreads
sales specialist (Current Employee), Redding, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: going on lunch was a breath taker
Cons: not enough work days
doesn't take someone the iq of 10 to figure out how to do the job, but once you get the hang of it. It sure is fun. I like how I get to inneract with customers and represent the foods im demonstrating. I learned that patience is a virtue and tho some times people can be snappy, if I just represent myself holding a smile and a good attitude I can be – more... the positive influence on someone being moody. Tho seems like management doesn't seem to appraise us for what we do, they treat us alright. I love the people I work with. Tho ive seen many faces come and go. The hardest part of the job is putting myself out there for the company but not seeing any praise for the job well done of working hard and giving such great efforts of giving more than I could to the tasks they ask of us. The most enjoyable part was being able to be myself and learn new things as I had to accomplish making my sales. As long as I was friendly and welcoming to the custiomers, my sales were great. – less
fun work, talking to public
product demonstrator (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: working with general public, get to taste samples during breaks
Cons: work schedule changes without notification.hours have been cut. management is very disorganized.
training consisted of 4 hours of walking along side of lead worker, distributing product, and cleaning of demo carts, and filling napkin holders! it is a fun job, as i expected, but hours have been cut signficantly, to 6-8 hours per week after the new year holiday. co workers are fun and friendly, and very helpful, always willing to help me do a better – more... job. Management is pretty disorganized, new manager on site, but with help of co-workers we manage to get job done. hardest part of job, when i do second shift, and there is not enough or proper equipment to do job properly. the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the public and handing out samples. – less
RUN!!
Technical Support (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXNovember 15, 2013
THIS PLACE WAS HORRIBLE!! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! THEY WANT YOU TO PASS SURVEYS THAT YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OF IT YOU DO NOT TELL THE CUSTOMER WHAT THEY WANT TO HERE AND THEY FAIL YOU, YOU COULD THEN BE FIRED!!
A productive work place
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Kailua-Kona, HISeptember 30, 2013
Pros: customer service skills
Cons: n/a
The typical day at work would be to go into work at 10, get our stations ready for the floor, hear our briefing, and get out on the floor and get to work. I learned some customer service skills. How to talk to the guests and show the positive thing's about the product that I was selling.
The management was nice, friendly, and easy to talk to. If you – more... ever needed help with anything, they would help out. While were on the floor, they would walk around just in case we needed help, and supplies.
The co-workers was very nice and friendly. They were always there if needed anything. They would always know what to do when I needed help.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with friendly people, having nice conversations with the locals and tourist, and just having a nice time. – less
grate way to get into Costco's radar
Demo Person (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: well payed, and grate work.
Cons: have to work weekends, and a 6.5 hour shift standing on concrete the whole time.
Grate Place to work, pays above average. we go in at the first of the shift, set up our table, make and serve samples all day. Generally have a 6.5 hour shift.
Try something new - Daily
Demonstrator Lead (Current Employee), Livermore, CASeptember 12, 2013
There is always something new going on at your Livermore Costco. The most enjoyable part, to give your customers the opportunity to do the same.
Family away from your family
FACILITIES MANAGER/ WORKCOMP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Boise IdahoAugust 9, 2013
Pros: benefits, wages and bonuses
Cons: the buy out
From the start up of WDS I built relationships with my peers easily, was an enjoyable company to work for 99% of the time. WDS was very involved in the community and helping others and I was proud to be part of the team in more ways then one!
WDS
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 21, 2013
Pros: co works easy work
Cons: low pay poor management and bennifits
Terrible place Rude management poor pay
taking calls for tech for cell phones. Poor training do not prepare you for hitting the floor taking calls.
Great place to work! Was definitely sad to leave
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Warrenton, ORApril 4, 2013
Fellow employees were very friendly great team work. This is a job that allows you to have a very flexible schedule as long as you give notice at the appropriate time. I found this job to be very enjoyable for the following reasons I loved the staff, My boss was very sincere and understanding and helpful if there was a problem, Very good if you enjoy – more... working with the public, Accomplished feeling when you see how well you've done on sales, and a very fun slightly competitive atmosphere. I would gladly work with WDS again if given opportunity!! – less
Good people
Content Author (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAFebruary 28, 2013
Entry level positions consist of very repetitive easy work, but the management and other employees are top-notch, easy-going, likeable folks.
Good job but searching for great opportunities.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: great schedule which caters to my young children.
Cons: no advancment opportunities no matter how hard you work.
Overall this a good job but I am looking for great and I don't want to settle for less being that I am driven to be successful in whatever I do. Just having that one opportunity to show a potential employer what kind of dedication and ambition pushes me to find that right job in todays struggling job market.

1 2 3