WDS Employee Reviews

currently shut down world wide
Warehouse Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJuly 14, 2017
work for them for most of my younger years. great atmosphere strong team work ethic. management could have been better with commutation but overall id be with them if not for the company wide shut down.
Pros
great team effort
Cons
lack of commutation for manager
Sales
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMarch 23, 2017
Great company for incentives.
The more you sold, the more you worked and the more you made.
Inconsistency in schedule.
Customer service and sales of advertised product.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Schedule
fun place to work
Demonstration Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 9, 2017
typical day: cook, talk, and clean.
I learned what it takes to sell different products. I learned more about food allergies, cleanliness, and what it takes to make sure people don't get food poisoning.
I had great co-workers who helped me by showing me what I may have done wrong. Co-workers also showed me how to do my job better.
Closed business down October 31, 2016
CFO Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Wylie, SCNovember 21, 2016
It was a perfect job and the people were like family, but they had to close their doors do to a big contract loss. They have closed their doors but are still there if we need anything and have reached out to me to see if I got a job yet or if they can help in anyway.
it was one of my best jobs and i liked being there
Food Server/cook/sales (Former Employee) –  costco in oremOctober 4, 2016
Working with this company I had the best times of my life with . First company I've ever signed my 401k with! They were courtious and kind but stern and understanding with the coworkers. Nobody ever made me feel out of place there.
Pros
cool work oportunitues, friendly coworkers, good envuronment, flexible
Cons
free food. dollar raise.last min in call.
unclean with poor management
customer service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 15, 2016
the supervisors were inappropriate and unprofessional often belittling the employees under them. It was a very negative environment and not accommodating to people with medical accomidations
Cons
very small selections for food, outdated systems, inadequate training
easy going, great hours, good pay.
Warehouse Operations-Driver (Current Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEAugust 22, 2016
I worked for wds for their final 1.5 years. I was paid well to be a warehouse operations person. Everything was very casual, they were a quickly growing, very young business.
The cons, I feel I was never really accepted into their loose structure. I did not get computer access or a company email. All of my communication with corporate and regional managers was via my own personal email, or through my coworkers email.
Fun place to make sales
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 7, 2016
I would love going to work because I would be able to sale a product and talk to people. I was able to be free to be me and help others at the same time. I think the hardest part was standing on concrete for the whole shift.
building customer service
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 26, 2016
.hardest part of the job was to stay focused and figure out the customers problem. i learned how to communicate and build a relationship with the customers.
server
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 4, 2016
it was an amazing place i had great managers i made a lot of money and the server were cool it wasn't a lot of dram the shifts are very easy to deal with and the food i amazing the only thing i didn't like it was a joke free place meaning i couldn't go outside to smoke
Great for a young employee
Technical support (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 24, 2016
I like the atmosphere on most days. It is a great job for a young person who does not have a family and is okay with working nights.
Pros
fairly flexible schedule
Cons
drama filled work environment
Really Enjoyed working there
Tier II Tech Support for Verizon Wirless (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company just didnt like some of the supervisors there,they didnt want to do their job and so it was difficult to deal with it.and then the company closed a year later.
Learning experience, and i felt like i was part of a team.
CSR/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Beardstown, ILApril 23, 2016
A typical day was emailing, making order, filling and delivering them.
I learned many things about customer service and many other things. The management and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was probably all the emails. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was a valuable part of a team.
Pros
I was basically my own boss.
Cons
I had no restroom on the facility had to use the one next door.
Friendly employees, problem with the insurance
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 4, 2016
There is an insurance issue when adding a spouse to your insurance and there is an undisclosed amount that when it starts coming out of your check it is too late to change and you have to payout 49% of your check for the first year until open enrollment to fix the situation, or quit, I wish I didn't have to but I could not afford to stay.
Pros
group support
Cons
short lunchs, insurance
management will BBQ for you
Tier II Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 11, 2016
Not such a bad place, other than leadership's lack of interest in developing agents for management positions. Only evening shifts are available. Fun competitions and it's easy to get involved with shaping the culture. Difficult to feel supported as an individual. No dress code so unbelievable what is considered appropriate work wear by employees.
Pros
Food shares, parties, very spirited
Cons
Only one shift is available: evenings. Lack of enthusiasm of leads
Productive and flexible work environment
Cellular phone support (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 9, 2015
The work is straight forward and simple to understand, your basic call center set up cellphone support. Management is pretty non existent, You'll see a manager on your first day, after that team leads are your only link to assistance.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
You are on your own
A mild call center.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2015
This is technical support, Boise. This is not customer care or retention. I could work here until I retired, if I wanted to. There's generally no possibility of getting fired as long as you don't intentionally try to do so. WDS still has metrics, but it's a completely different animal than customer care or retention. Nice place, nice people. Believe it or not, the managers and supervisors here actually have some experience in leadership.
Pros
Easy to get the job.
Cons
Wow. That's a tough one. Can't think of any, honestly.
Very slow and or fast at times depending on the day.
Lead Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 2, 2015
Very slow and or fast at times depending on the day. Great co-workers. Great management. and amazing regular customers. long periods of standing. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Standing for such long periods of time.
Stressful and challenging
TECH SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 30, 2015
This job can be very stressful at times and can be upsetting as well. I really love the people that I work with and enjoy the fact that I meet new people everyday. Interaction with the customers can be very upsetting or stressful, however, there are times where it is very enjoyable.
career growth
Regional Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAAugust 27, 2015
• Operational oversight and supervision of 3+ facilities.
• Oversee and ensure office management are focused on providing consistent, excellent patient service
• Meet annual Sales and production goals of $7.2 million
• Placed Customer Service standard to insure happy employees and great patient experience
• Oversee compliance with federal, state, and local regulations that impact business operations
• Collaborate with experienced professionals in corporate and operations offices
• Analyze business and financial data to recognize trends, build on strengths, improve weak areas, and identify anomalies occurring in the facility
• Provide feedback and address performance issues quickly and thoroughly
• Oversee departments to ensure that priority projects and initiatives are executed and brought to completion