Do you dream of transforming the Web with quality content and taking over the SERPs in an ethical and non-violent fashion? Does the very thought of taking a deep dive into a website's analytics send shivers up your spine (in a good way)? Are you sharper than a Samurai sword (meaning really, really smart), funny like Paul Rudd or Zach Galifianakis and passionate about getting things done while having fun? Can you handle multiple projects and tasks at a time, and do you enjoy doing so?
Do you seek a company that will notice and appreciate your talents? If so, please read on!
We Do Web Content is a fast-growing and successful search marketing agency. We strive to provide our clients with the best and most advanced search marketing strategies and techniques in the legal and medical spaces.
We pride ourselves in being a young, bright and energetic company. We aim to stay ahead of the curve and do our best to be thought-leaders in SEO and SEM.
We foster an open, supportive, fun and laid-back work environment. We don't bat our eyes at hard work, but always work smart. We offer competitive pay, a generous amount of paid time off and flex time -- because we all have lives and passions we like to pursue outside of work.
We encourage you to read more about our company and get to know us socially on Facebook, Twitter and Google +.
About the Position:
With our SEO Director you will develop cutting edge SEO/SEM strategies for our clients. This includes managing SEO/SEM projects from planning to deployment.
Your SEO/SEM skills will have you implementing methods to improve our clients' organic search rankings. This includes keyword research and growing our clients' keywords portfolios, analyzing our websites and those of our competitors, documenting SEO changes, and communicating changes to management and other departments.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating business requirements and developing solutions to improve our SEM process.
- Monitoring, on an on-going basis, our clients' SEO/SEM results and starting/managing projects to ensure continued high rankings.
- Working with our management and SEO copywriting team to implement SEO strategies and integrate with other marketing efforts (i.e., email marketing/promotions, etc.).
- Presenting deliverables/results to our clients on a monthly basis.
- Proactively performing ongoing research, analyses and tests to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Participating in SEO-related client calls.
- Educating clients on best SEO agency practices and overall education of SEO.
- Staying up to date and transferring knowledge of best practices and latest developments in SEO to our staff.
- Executing in-house link building efforts.
- Making continuous improvements to our clients' sites as a means of continually improving SEO.
- Producing SEO-friendly and engaging copy for our company's blog.
- Optimizing and maintaining our company's and clients' directory listings.
- Optimizing our clients' keywords portfolio through testing with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywording, etc.
- Tracking, reporting and analyzing PPC initiatives and campaigns.
- Utilizing bid management tools and data modeling to maximize the effectiveness of PPC campaigns.
- Monitoring campaign results, analyze key metrics, and optimize click-through and conversion rates.
- Developing and optimizing landing pages for search engine quality score.
- A "Can Do" attitude.
- Be a self-starter.
- Confidence, not arrogance.
- High level of organization (we hate micro managing as much as we hate cubicles!).
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of SEO agency experience.
- Previous experience executing SEO campaigns for large brands/sites.
- Experience with keyword research/data mining tools and competitive analyses.
- Presentation capabilities and comfort meeting with clients in-person and by phone.
- Solid understanding of redirects, user-agent detect scripting, XML sitemap feeds and other related technical tactics.
- Previous link optimization/acquisition (link building) experience.
- Understanding web analytics software (Coremetrics, Omniture, Google Analytics).
- Content strategy as it relates to search and the consumer decision process.
- Excellent knowledge of search engine criteria/algorithms.
- Ability to manage and communicate SEO as a business strategy.
- Experience integrating SEO into other marketing channels (SEM, social, display, offline).
- Experience in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project).
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- SEMPO (Advanced SEO) certification.
- Previous digital agency experience.
- Previous experience with site migrations.
- Understanding of Content Management Systems and the issues they create for SEO.
We're offering a competitive salary for this position (based on experience and past, as well as recent successes), in order to attract exciting candidates. In addition, we also provide:
- 50% paid medical (dental and vision benefits also available).
- 10 days paid time off.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Opportunities to travel and attend/speak at industry events.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Paid Internet access for your home.
- Generously stocked fridge, cereal bar and pantry!
- Annual performance bonuses based on goals set in bi-annual review.
- An enthusiastic group of professionals who love what they do.
Think this job is perfect for you? Introduce yourself and send us your resume and desired salary. Be prepared to demonstrate your previous success in SEO/SEM in your interview.