We Energies Employee Reviews

nice people
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2017
Just nice and friendly people to work with. I had fun working with these people and the staff was very very friendly. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
long
Cons
not alot of money to start
Day in a Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIOctober 6, 2017
During my employment at We Energies I would come log into my pc and phone system every morning. During this time at We Energies I learned how to communicate with customers via phone daily utilizing a multi line phone system. I learned how to deal with customers questions and concerns regarding payments, setting up pay arrangements, negotiating different budget types that will benefit a customer. I also received and became certified in other areas of my job to become a full customer care consultant. At the end of my training I was certified to handle all calls including gas and electric emergencies. The work place culture was very calm, relaxing and mature environment. The hardest part of my job was understanding that I needed to adhere to the guidelines when required payments were needed to keep our service when I had mothers on the phones crying about their need for service because of their children.
Pros
Career advancement, great pay, flexible hours, great employees
Cons
Mandatory overtime
A Great Company to work for
TELECOLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2017
It was great pay, great environment, and you learn about how to save energy. it was a seasonal position reason why I left however working hard and having a direct communication with your leads and supervisors, you will love it.
Pros
Lunches, cafeteria, people, coworkers
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 5, 2017
For the most part the OT is unlimited but the mandatory can become overwhelming. The time isn't always a good fit for those who have children or are in school.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Production
Great place to gain experience
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2017
Its a great company overall. But your firstvyear may be rough. Not covered by a lot. And no emergency time off is offered in Customer Service dep for the 1st season.
We Energies
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 17, 2017
Great company but wrong people are in management.
They are against running your people like people / family but as robots.
Great hours, pay and location.
Productive and motivated staff.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2017
Self-motivated staff. Works with little to no supervision. Educate about credit counseling and negotiates terms and arrangement that's agreeable to both parties.
n/a
Tele collector Representative (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 8, 2017
Good Place to work, enjoy every minute. If you looking for overtime, this place have it. You will never work another job again because of opportunities here.
Fast paced
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2017
If you're up for mandatory overtime during the busy season then this is the place for you! This is a fast paced environment, I wish the company would have offered better advancement opportunities and better benefits to its seasonal employees.
being apart of the team.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 27, 2017
I understand your establishment is a great one, but I believe I can contribute my work ethic to the team. With that, making an already great company even greater. Us working together could and will be great; I would love to be apart of your team.
Great pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2017
It is like an everyday call center, it is at an high pace as well.. Lots and lots of over time with good pay . but can't have a life with your family.
telecollector
telecollector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2017
I worked for WE Energies for several years. I have to be honest.Had I not had great mentors and people looking out for me the job would've been a lot harder. Its a very demanding environment in which your every moment is tracked through out the day, Great way to make extra money on overtime but don't over do it and get stressed out because you are expected to perform at a certain level at all times. Great opportunities depending on who you know and who likes you.
Pros
opprunities for advanacement
Cons
strict tardy and attendance guidelines, long summer hours
Ha.
Telecollector (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2017
WE literally does not care about their employees. Better not sick or you'll get written up. Even for an ER visit and documentation. Because and I quote, they don't know you so how can they trust you? The only saving grace is the union who has representatives so cold and icy you shouldn't bother trying to get anywhere because they're gonna shrug their shoulders and say oh well.
Nice and friendly
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 21, 2017
The people I worked with are great and friendly. It is clean, quiet building. Learned about gas meters and exchanges. the ins and outs of Gas emergencies.
Good people
Telecollection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2017
The staff is very helpful and respectful. Good working environment. Needs to improve on manager to supervisor relations. Culture is well managed and under good supervision.
Pros
Very company
Cons
Seasonal
Great place
Meter Servicer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 8, 2017
Opportunities to advance, good place to work, good benefits, fair treatment and good management and employees. Good work atmosphere. Varied duties in my almost 40 years there
Pros
Benefits, pay
Very antiquated company
Project Assistant, Energy Efficiency Programs (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 28, 2017
It feels like the company is still operating in the '70s. Many of the employees are over 40 and have worked at the company their entiree careers. Considering how profitable th company is, there are very few perks for the employees.
Pros
stable company
Cons
very old school; set in their ways, not alot of room for creativity.
Great work place but tough if you have a heart
Tele-collector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2017
Its hard to tell people that there is nothing that you can do to help them keep their lights on.; They give you sad stories and I'm a sucker for that so it was hard. Overall, the people are amazing and polite. I loved my time there aside from small things with supervisor.
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
Benefits aren't good at all and mandated OT
Coal fired power plant
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIMarch 3, 2017
Great job... good pay and benefits, great people to work with. Opportunity to advance, make lateral movements. Management willing to work with represented.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The plant is closing
Culture not the greatest
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2017
There was separation based on hourly people vs management. The management team was very unprofessional and unproductive. The position I interviewed for was not what I was actually doing. They also announced an integration after I accepted the job and everything was up in the air at that point. I did not stick around to find out the results.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Culture was not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Energies. Our community is ready to answer.