We Energies Employee Reviews

Telecollector
Tele-collector (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2016
This job is great, if you have a good shift, good support system and no children.

The job in itself is not very difficult but can become very mundane. A typical day is the discuss payment arrangements with customers. I enjoy my supervisors and co-workers. It's very close nit as we spend lots of time together. The hardest part of the job is waiting around to advance or be picked for special projects.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
breaks too short
No Work LIfe Balance
Electrical System Operator/Power Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 7, 2016
They demand almost every bit of your life to be theirs, granted they compensate for it, they should mandate a behavioral health meeting outside of work for all employees to make sure they can handle the stress. You are almost always awaiting a phone call for OT in which you don't want.
Industry Leader in Safety and Customer Service
Customer Service and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2016
We Energies leads the Utility industry in safety, customer satisfaction and reliability. The company does a great job to make sure all of its customers have a safe and positive transaction.
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIOctober 24, 2016
Good training, lots of work place resources. Management listens to concerns and open to feedback and changes. Recognizes strengths and achievements
Pros
fair compensation
Cons
High overtime expections
good compensation
Steam System Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2016
accessing tunnels and manholes often from the roadway in traffic to perform maintenance and replacement of steam system components, and perform new installations on service line extensions as well.
seasonal
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2016
Great opportunity to stay if you meet your metrics but the hours are incredibly demanding if you have a family and/or school
Pros
wage
Cons
flexibility
telecollections specialist
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2016
responsible for making payments and also setting up reconnections for customers in a respectful and timely matter while remaining calm in stressful situations
Variety of different occupations with opportunity to move around
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2016
Large company, divided into 2 categories of employees (Union, and Management). Many opportunities to change jobs via the Union. Management opportunities vary, yet most require a bachelor's degree. Tuition reimbursement is great. Union employees can have a hard time changing jobs, because bidding is seniority based. No development program for Union employees looking to enter management occupations. Being lean and cutting costs are clearly important here; new technology and office comforts are lacking. Safety is a high priority of all employees, which is great.
Enjoy the challenges of different obsticules of installation of utilities and finding easiest and effecient of installing gas utilities.
Advanced to Crew leader (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2016
Enjoy the challenges of different obsticules of installation of utilities and finding easiest and most efficient means of installing gas utilities in the safest manner.
Pros
Enjoy the relationship developed over years with co-workers.
Cons
Working in cold and frozen ground.
Cool Job
Field Collector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2016
Was a job that gives its employees a lot of independence. The pay is awesome also. I would recommend others to apply. As a field collector the basic description of the job is to disconnect power to customers who fail to pay their utility bill.
Fast paced fun place to work
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2016
Great experience, amazing people to work with. I learned something new every day. The position was eliminated due to downsizing, or I would have loved to continue the position.
High paced, focused enviornment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  333 W Everett, Milwaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2016
Very high volume inbound call center, dealing with irate and hostile customers that I had to relate to a satisfy their need within the company guidelines. I managed a group of 12 consultants on a daily bases, including weekly reports
Pros
Help people
Cons
No job security
If you are a people person
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 17, 2015
I've been in call center for years but this had to be the worst set of customers I've ever worked with. Just plain out rude because they can't pay the bills they made high.

Management is a bunch of snakes and there is no reason for a Union, they really don't do too much at helping the employees.

Even with my health issues I was still placed on a late 2/3rd shift, after my doctor recommended I be placed on a shift ending no later than 8pm.
Pros
Good pay and healthcare
Cons
no reason for Union or union fees
An employer that truly values there employees
Maintenance Supervisor/Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2015
We Energies is a great company to work for. Safety is stressed in every part of your work day. The management team were always inclusive of a very diverse work group.
Pros
I was valued as an employee
Pays semi well. Hectic. Management needs work
Customer Service/Collections agent (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 29, 2015
The job is really hectic. It seems to be more about who you know rather than are you a good choice for a position. The call center is similar to crabs in a barrel. Very hard to get out. Great company overall.
Excellent place to work with knowledgable professionals.
Analytics Specialist Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 30, 2015
Excellent place to work with knowledgable professionals. Very laid back atmosphere with a good support staff. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Fast paced environment with friendly co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 19, 2015
I love the job i was doing. the service that i provided to customers. Typical day at work was very busy most of the day everyday. I learned to be more appreciative of the small things. Such as a "simple thank you" or "your easy to talk to" from the customers. I learned to listen more carefully and closely to the customers. My co workers were all very wonderful and nice people. The worst part of the job was the irrate customer calls that would come in. the most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that i had helped at least one person in some way shape or form from me working there.
Pros
customer service appreciation week and other incentive also provided
Cons
no health insurance
No work/life balance
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 17, 2015
The company demands 100% of your life, which is one reason that there are so many divorces throughout the company. You are always being asked to work OT or called in and if you turn it down you end up looking like a bad employee who doesn't want to help out. However the company also doesn't want you to work a lot of OT because they don't want to pay you. The company is quick to dismiss you and blacklist you with other utilities and companies in the state. The ambiguity of your job is also concerning because of how you are not given any direction. Don't even bother reporting an injury because once you do, you are written up because it is automatically assumed you messed up and that's why you were injured. Overall, they lie about being such a great company to work for and the customers have no idea how unsecure their information is and what the employees actually think of them.
Pros
company stock in the 401k is the only dependable thing.
Cons
Very low paying utility copared to many others in the area
positive work place
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2014
I worked at We Energies for 30 years. I loved my job title and I got along with all of my co-workers. I was never wrote up and I worked alone with my truck in the field. Every day was different because I went from house to house and gave the service that was dispatched to me.
Pros
1 hour lunch break - worked alone and was trusted to make decisions regarding service to customers, excellent health care
Cons
making sure that I made the right decision when it came to giving service to customers
Great company to work for.
Telecollector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2014
A typical day at work for me was assisting customers with pay arrangements for their energy bill. The management that was there were very approachable and helpful. My co-workers were awesome. The helped me out with things that I didn't understand and we all worked well as a team. The hardest part about the job was to not take it to the heart. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to help and provide the necessary resources for a customer.
Pros
Public park was outside and farmer's market during the season
Cons
Downtown and had to pay for parking let alone find one that wasn't blocks away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Energies. Our community is ready to answer.