Who We're Looking For
We are looking for a front-end web developer to come on board and help build our initial prototype while keeping in mind the larger picture of building a solid front-end architecture your friends will envy and copy. Working closely with the CEO, CTO and Design Lead, you'll be empowered to build an amazing user experience through the use of core client-side technologies including jQuery, Mustache/Handlebars and backbone.js, targeting both desktop and tablet user experiences.
Key Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience as a professional front-end web developer
- Passionate about good web design and clean code; solid knowledge of CSS
- Master of jQuery, closures and callbacks
- Knowledge of client-side visualization libraries (highcharts, D3, etc.) a plus
- Eager to learn new technologies; enjoy trying out new frameworks and coding in your spare time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CS degree from a top-tier institution (or equivalent level of ability)
- Experience with server-side development a plus (node.js, Ruby, Java/Scala)
- iOS development a +5 bonus
We are a small new startup in the personal investment/finance space looking to build a company and brand that will become a household name. There are currently 55 million US households with meaningful investable assets, representing 11 trillion dollars, and 80% of them are not on track to meet their long-term financial goals. After aggregating their existing assets into a single portal, we start by creating a sound financial plan based on both their needs and their risk tolerance. This is followed by an assessment of their current situation and a series of recommendations to help get them on the right track. Our software then works proactively to keep them there.
This is a ground-floor opportunity to build something amazing. You would be joining us as employee #3 and working for a CEO who is an accomplished entrepreneur with two successful, high-value exits under his belt. We are looking for someone with the skills and, most importantly, the passion to build a top-tier user interface that will be above and beyond anything else out there in the personal finance space. If you are interested, please send us your resume and we'll be in touch.