Weatherford Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Full time // Lead Technologist X-ray/CT (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXNovember 11, 2017
This is a nice place to work, but they're chronically understaffed and no door way to more employees. Greatly enjoyed my time there, look forward to rejoining eventually.
Good Experience
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 17, 2017
This is a good job for recent graduates and local employees. All basic benefits are provided and the pay is competitive. Also a great teaching hospital for new employees to receive training.
Loved my job here
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 2, 2017
Working for this place was great. Yes, it was fast paced and can become stressful at times. However I believe that it was overall a great place to be employed. They CEO and all of management took the time to listen when there was a concern. The staff is happy go lucky and very friendly
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Could be stressful at times
great palce to work
EVS director (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 1, 2017
staffing to meet requirements
learned to keep up with fast paced environment
management was supportive
maintaining floors be cause of how busy it stayed
no real issues
working with a great team
Pros
good palce to work
Cons
no issues
Stressful and cut throat environment
NRCMA (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXAugust 14, 2017
At this company everyone is expendable and they have no problem telling you. You will be blamed for physician errors and terminated if you speak up about it. Good employees brought to tears and they have no issue disciplining workers in front of patients, other employees and physicians. They will shame and embarrass employees at any given moment.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment
Weatherford regional
Mental Health Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 21, 2017
Weatherford regional was a good working environment. I loved the people i worked with. The patient care was great. Job security is not good. They had to lay off a whole unit.
Helping patients and learning more and more every day
Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 14, 2017
I enjoy coming to work every day because helping patients has always been very important for me. I love the interaction with not only the patients but the staff and physicians. The hardest part of my day is seeing the patients who are suffering and dealing with life changing events. I have always had a passion for the medical field and helping others ever since I was a little girl. I have recently switched from family care to a specialty clinic and it has been a rewarding change. I do not want to leave but I am going to be moving and need to find a new job in the new city.
Pros
Free lunches, friendships, knowledge
Cons
Pay and benefits
Productive and a Great Place to Work
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 1, 2017
a typical day was calling providers to resolve billing issues, I learned a great deal of how hospital billing is worked. Management was good, they always communicated to the employees and was equally fair. The Culture was diverse and we all worked well together. The hardest part of my job was, if I was ever sick and missed work, it was very hard to catch up. I liked to stay on top of my reports. the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with great people.
Pros
Great Workplace Enviroment
Cons
Playing Catch up
I enjoyed learning new skills.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 27, 2017
I worked the night shift, inputting doctor orders, going down to the lab to pick up or drop off specimens and blood. I also made rounds every four hours taking patient vital signs and reporting to the nurses on staff with me.
Pros
learned new skills, met new people
Cons
worked full time, some of the time I would be on call, but would not be compensated for being on call.
great time management elarning environment
Nurse Manager Medical/Surgical Units (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 24, 2017
great place to learn time management the leadership is great to learn from and the amount of work that you are required to do in a days work will prepare you for any place you choose to be a nurse,
NIce Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 4, 2017
Great team. Management works hard at staffing and insuring that each floor is properly staffed and that the team works well together. Nurses are great team players
Average Place to work
Patient Acess (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Super fast paced ER where I worked, Great for getting Experience! I enjoyed the people I worked with, not so much the management department.
Loved working here.
Front Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXFebruary 3, 2017
I worked for Weatherford Regional for almost 5 years loved the people and the atmosphere. Looking forward to possibly returning.
Valuable Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great internship experience. It was full time - 40 hours/week. Hospital leaders were very helpful in shaping my knowledge of healthcare administration. As with any internship, it was for a specific amount of time (summer). I had the opportunity to showcase my skills, with the possibility of earning a future position at the hospital or another CHS hospital.
Family first, but we all work together to get the job done. Very supportive in furthering education for advancement.
Coder (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 16, 2016
Everyone works together to get charts completed by HIM staff, physician's and coders. Management is very supportive in education and balancing family and employment. HIM staff have a great relationship with the clinical staff to get information needed to complete all processes required.
Not a fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 14, 2016
Upper management provides no support to the lab staff
Lousy pay
Lots of drama amongst phlebotomists
Horrible phlebotomy turn around
Good patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 29, 2015
Typical day of work involved taking x-rays and going to surgery. Enjoyed the doctors I worked for and my fellow co-workers.
..at least I helped patients by freeing the hospital of germs.
Full time EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 21, 2014
Typical day at work... cleaning up anything and everything and then sanitizing it. The job alone was not that bad, the way I was treated as an EVS tech was just not right. I learned to be humble, that is for sure. I went in to this job wanting to get a feel of the hospital experience and I certainly did! I loved the hospital atmosphere, seeing everyone work together was a neat experience. The most enjoyable part was interacting with patients and helping them in little ways. The most difficult part wasn't the emergency clean ups but instead, the long hours on the feet doing manual labor and sometimes going hours without positive interaction with the coworkers, other hospital employees or the manager. I did learn a lot about what it takes to run a hospital.
Pros
The cafe cake.
Cons
The pay and managers attitude.
okay place
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 10, 2014
okay place to start your field of work but managers are rude, but besides that loved going to work everyday
Pros
loved helping people
Cons
bad work place
shows preferential treament for some employee.
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 13, 2014
•Processed patient specimens include blood and body fluid.
•Performed routine and stat tests in clinical laboratory for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard
•Techniques and equipments (Dimension RXL, Beckman Coulter ACT 5 Diff CP, LH500, CA500)
•Work with Pathologist to prepare slides for Bone marrow specimen.
•Accurately read, interpreted and recorded the results of laboratory tests in Meditech, data check, and review critical reports.
•Prepared related duties in laboratory include storing and labeling specimens and performed analytical tests.
•Prepared sterile media and plates and test tubes for use in growing bacterial culture.
•Prepare solution, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
•Maintained detailed records of tests performed and reported test results to appropriate personnel.
•Cleaned/sterilized equipment and corrected instrument problems.
•Performed routine maintenance on equipment and quality control for all reagents, and troubleshooting