Weatherford Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Family first, but we all work together to get the job done. Very supportive in furthering education for advancement.
Coder (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 16, 2016
Everyone works together to get charts completed by HIM staff, physician's and coders. Management is very supportive in education and balancing family and employment. HIM staff have a great relationship with the clinical staff to get information needed to complete all processes required.
Valuable Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great internship experience. It was full time - 40 hours/week. Hospital leaders were very helpful in shaping my knowledge of healthcare administration. As with any internship, it was for a specific amount of time (summer). I had the opportunity to showcase my skills, with the possibility of earning a future position at the hospital or another CHS hospital.
Not a fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 14, 2016
Upper management provides no support to the lab staff
Lousy pay
Lots of drama amongst phlebotomists
Horrible phlebotomy turn around
Loved working here.
Front Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXFebruary 3, 2017
I worked for Weatherford Regional for almost 5 years loved the people and the atmosphere. Looking forward to possibly returning.
Great place to work in non-management position
DIRECTOR OF NUTRITIONAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 5, 2013
I received no training when I began my position since my predecessor was terminally ill. I learned to do all paperwork with just a due date to work with and copies of previous reports. Upper management (CEO changed 3 times during my tenure and CEO changed 2 times) was seldom involved in departments other than direct healthcare(money makers). Most of my co-workers were hard working and super intelligent. The hardest part of the job was being salaried and on call 24/7. I almost always brought work home with me. I really enjoyed interacting with patients and customers. Pride in the quality of meals provided was a number one priority. Once I began having mobility issues (knee surgery and pending replacement) it was evident I would not not be around long.
Pros
Free meals, free hospital care, good benefits
Cons
No job security
..at least I helped patients by freeing the hospital of germs.
Full time EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 21, 2014
Typical day at work... cleaning up anything and everything and then sanitizing it. The job alone was not that bad, the way I was treated as an EVS tech was just not right. I learned to be humble, that is for sure. I went in to this job wanting to get a feel of the hospital experience and I certainly did! I loved the hospital atmosphere, seeing everyone work together was a neat experience. The most enjoyable part was interacting with patients and helping them in little ways. The most difficult part wasn't the emergency clean ups but instead, the long hours on the feet doing manual labor and sometimes going hours without positive interaction with the coworkers, other hospital employees or the manager. I did learn a lot about what it takes to run a hospital.
Pros
The cafe cake.
Cons
The pay and managers attitude.
shows preferential treament for some employee.
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 13, 2014
•Processed patient specimens include blood and body fluid.
•Performed routine and stat tests in clinical laboratory for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard
•Techniques and equipments (Dimension RXL, Beckman Coulter ACT 5 Diff CP, LH500, CA500)
•Work with Pathologist to prepare slides for Bone marrow specimen.
•Accurately read, interpreted and recorded the results of laboratory tests in Meditech, data check, and review critical reports.
•Prepared related duties in laboratory include storing and labeling specimens and performed analytical tests.
•Prepared sterile media and plates and test tubes for use in growing bacterial culture.
•Prepare solution, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
•Maintained detailed records of tests performed and reported test results to appropriate personnel.
•Cleaned/sterilized equipment and corrected instrument problems.
•Performed routine maintenance on equipment and quality control for all reagents, and troubleshooting
Hospital of Long Standing Medical Care and growing more everyday
Employee & Occupational Health & Infection Control (Current Employee) –  Weatherford TXMay 4, 2013
I worked at several hospitals in my career, the first thing that impressed me was the feeling of acceptance as soon as you walk in the door. Overall there is a teamwork environment.
Pros
Teamwork, extensive medical care insurance
Cons
some difficulty with behavior change
Good patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 29, 2015
Typical day of work involved taking x-rays and going to surgery. Enjoyed the doctors I worked for and my fellow co-workers.
Excellent employees
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Busy in the Emergency department everyday.
Learned how to splint among many things.
learned how to input information in the electronic medical files
Pros
Long hours that flew by
Cons
the night time hours.
Great small lab enviroment
Lab tech PRN (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 29, 2012
I rotated sections and loved it. There was a steady work load but not overwhelming. Management was solid and personable. Co- workers were great
stable place of employment
patient care tech (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 23, 2013
management could be better
the work environment was rather like its who you know not what you know kind of employment
Great place to work!!!
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TexasSeptember 16, 2012
This hospital is part of Communiy Health Sysem. CHS has worked very hard to turn this once so, so hospital into a facility that can now compete with any hospital in Fort Worth. One of the best run hospital organizations in the US. Keep your eye on WRMC...it's a winner!
Pros
all good
Overall learning experience for all medical professionals
Patient Care Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 16, 2012
it kept us all on our toes,with everyday different challanges.
Pros
free lunches, caring and loving coworkers
Cons
short or no breaks, and on call.
okay place
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 10, 2014
okay place to start your field of work but managers are rude, but besides that loved going to work everyday
Pros
loved helping people
Cons
bad work place
Toxic Culture
Telemetry Technician, Unit Secretary & PCT (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TexasMay 24, 2013
Patient Care Technician to Secretary. Average day consist of helping RN's with any part of patient care. To putting in physicians orders and answering the phone.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMay 1, 2012
Learned about credentialing and initial appointments, tracked and updated practitioner licensure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherford Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Weatherford Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location