Weatherford Employee Reviews in United States

was a good place, sad to leave.
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
Pay was fair, good people, good management, clean a/c shop. wasn't expected to know everything, encouraged to learn. no room to advance in my section.
Great company with great benifits.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2016
enjoyed working there for as long as I did. Had great co-workers and managers. The benefits package is great only down fall is oilfield and you never know what could happen.
Pros
great pay home everynight
Cons
oilfield never know what will happen during a down turn...
Hazardous work environment not compensated for environment
Head Chromium Operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 14, 2016
I worked in chromium platting area. The air was full of chrome and we had to wear respirators, aprons, gloves, and safety boot's while in that area
Pros
Got boots from a boot truck once a year
Excellent Benefits
Field Service Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Sonora, TXJuly 14, 2016
Would like the opportunity to work for Weatherford again Since our location closed the doors in Sonora Tx. Willing to Relocate
Pros
Advancement Oportunities
Cons
Have to be ready to go on the job at anttime
Great Work enviroment and benefits, management can improve
Product Development Engineer (Completions) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
There is a very nice work enviroment where all team members supports each other and are easy to work with. There is an area of opportunity to improve upper level management and communication with employees on company matters like, financial situation, bussines strategies, work processes and more.
productive and fun
Engineering Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
A very busy work place. But lots of fun and lots to learn. Every day starts with a meeting outlining expectations for deadlines to be met for the day, I was never confused about what need to get done. The management team was A1.
Pros
All and all a great place to work
Cons
The oil and gas industry can be a bit unstable.
not a fun place to work and no ping pong tables
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 4, 2016
You will not get paid the first month you work there. Overtime and safety bonus's are "lost" and never paid. Management is toxic.
Stable work
machine operator in Oil and Gas or Aerospace (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 29, 2016
Balanced flow. Fair maintenance dept. Some dissention among Lead employee not corrected by upper managment. Low pay scale even for the East Texas area
Pros
Good upper management, Birthday recognition, frequent company meals and occasions for apppreciation lunches
Cons
Hot working conditions
Good people to work with
Petroleum Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
Good company and good benefits. Most of the people is very friendly. An extensive multi-cultural team. Great work/life balance.
Pros
Medical insurance, 401K, work/life balance, coworkers
Cons
Dubious work ethics from management, obvious preference for some employees.
good place to work
QC Technician (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAJune 23, 2016
Good place to work but bad work environment and supervision. Typical day at work was hurry up and do nothing type of environment .
Great to see different geology of the west.
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Wyoming,Utah,Colorado,Montana,North Dakota, AlaskaJune 16, 2016
Worked in a different part of the country every job. Got to meet many different people in the industry. Hardest part of the job was being there from start to finish sometimes lasting several months.
Terrible
Mechanical Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2016
Bad place to work, company plagued by corruption and devious business practices, laid off 80 percent of workforce in one day. Called in cops to escort workers out.
n/a
Mailroom Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 16, 2016
The company was ok because I worked through a third party that was contract with them. A lot of back and forth with no gratitude towards keeping us as well as the customers happy.
Weatherford
QUALITY INSPECTOR II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
Great place it work for. Slow work due to the oil prices being down. Everyone is great to work with.
Training was lacking
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXJune 13, 2016
There was a lack of job training. Because of this, employer would constantly yell about things not being done right, yet nobody would train me in anything or show me how it should be done. Being called vulgar names among other colorful words on a nearly daily basis by one person in the office. Filed complaint and nothing was done.

Inner office politics was a game to be played and if you weren't in you just weren't in. Most people in the office made work life uncomfortable and miserable on a regular basis.

It was the most miserable job I've ever worked and I would /never/ work for this company again no matter how much money they offered.

I would give this company ZERO stars if it were possible.
Great job to launch career after college.
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKJune 12, 2016
I started with Weatherford directly after college, and it is a great way to start your career. At Weatherford, you will work long hard hours to help advance Weatherford service company hydraulic fracturing line. When starting, there was great benefits offered- per diem, company truck, bonus, and a salary, all enticing perks of the job.
However, there is limited mobility within the company when starting off as a field engineer. There is not much advancement as District Engineers don't often relocate and other opportunities are difficult to come by. Look outside the company for career advancement.
Perhaps the hardest part of the job comes with the fact that this is an oilfield job, subject to booms and bursts. I feel that Weatherford could have done a better job at protecting its employees in this current bust. Most perks were cut, swapped me from salary to hourly, forced furlough on us, change my hourly rate multiple times, and then limited my hours so that it drastically cuts my yearly income.
Management is dedicated to providing a better service to the customers, even at the expense of the employee at times.
Regardless, they will give you experience in not just oil field, but in customer relations, fiscal management, data entry, personnel management, and other tasks.
Great for starting out, with good salary, demands a lot of personal time and effort to be put in.
Pros
Great starting career
Cons
Time, Driving, Oil Field Culture
Career
Field Supervisor/ Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2016
A typical day at WFT....Hectic, but that's any workplace when the main objective is to satisfy customers, but on the other side being safe doing it. I spent 10 years so I became a man at WFT. Taking care of my belongings was the best thing I learned. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting off days and being able to provide for my family.
Pros
Stability
Cons
hostile work enviroment at time of layoff
Quality Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2016
I guess this is to be expected when they bring in a hatchet who doesn't know what they are doing. only going after high pay checks to layoff no matter what worth they are to the company. His name is Dave College if anyone is interested.
the last year was high stress due to the current condition of the oil drilling market. Before that it was acceptable but now the company is reaching for straws and is out of control. Bad upper management. I mean up to and including the CEO.
Pros
none except co workers
Cons
too many to list. I would not recoment this company to anyone.
The best job I ever had
Weatherford ALS (Former Employee) –  White Oak, TXMay 31, 2016
Great job
Great supervisor
Good co-workers
I learned how to operate a forklift, air tools, power tools, cutting torch, and a little bit of welding.
The hardest part may be the weather but some days it can be enjoyable too.
Pros
Cons
Its closed down
Where Careers Go To Die
Global Catalog Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2016
Top heavy company with a lack of management, stuck in their old ways, slow pace, struggles to have employees adhere to processes, high turnover rates.

I had a few great co-workers that helped with working in a culture-less environment.