Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

Very relaxing layed back environment
Rotary Steerable Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Everyone had great attitudes I was happy to come to work. Everyday was a new but yet better day. Learned and took on new task and mastered them with no problem thanks to the great training I received.
Great company to work for.
service technition (Former Employee), corpus christiMay 19, 2015
great company to work for.... gas prices shut us down. management is great. overall its a good place to work. the hardest part of the job was the long hours but it was all worth it.
Great 7 years
Global Asset Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
Weatherford was a great place to work until the oilfield industry to a major hit.

The company's personnel are always willing to assist and to teach.
Good company to work for when service is in demand
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Company truck with paid gas, insurance.
Cons: On call Nights weekends and holdays
Learned Oil field operations, Had a company issued vehicle and phone, competitive salary, needs improvement on training courses.
Great Work Environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Broussard, LAMay 14, 2015
There is a lot of management problems. Which causes delays in production and errors.

The people that work there are great and have an unbelievable experience.
Good overall work experience, enjoyed the training and personnel.
MWD/LWD Level 3 (Former Employee), Casper, WYMay 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent Trainning and safe work environment.
Cons: None to discuss at this time.
My tenure at Weatherford Intl was cut short due to the falling prices in the gas and oil industry. With experience brought with me from Baker Hughes INTEQ, I was brought in as a Level 3 MWD/LWD in December of 2014. Spending December and January in the field, I was asked to attend schooling in Houston through out February for their Resitivity, Neutron Density and Hazardous Environment Logging (HEL) tools. Making it through the first 2 rounds of layoffs, the time finally came on the 7th of April to join the unemployed due to lack of rigs working.
In closing, I'd like to say the time spent at Weatherford Intl was professional and knowledgeable. I only look for the industry to become alive again.
I was told I could come back anytime due to I was beneficial to the company
Q.C.Inspector (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: poor management
Poor Company agreements with employees- example: was hired in as level ll and second day at work was lowered to level l reason given was not level ll at weatherford
Productive fun place to work.
Field Technician (Former Employee), Roosevelt,UTMay 12, 2015
Pros: Solid place to work for the right person.
Cons: There is definately a nitch, if you don'tfit in you are done.
Good company to work for, good benefits. Ten hour workdays. Not a lot of advancement opportunities, unless you were related to someone or knew someone.
The oil and gas industry is by nature unstable. It's chicken one day and feathers the next. But we get the chicken with all the trimmings!
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Bridgeport, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: we are not micromanaged; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; decent benefits
Cons: venerable work environment due to industry
laid back atmosphere, most times, where everyone gets along; when we are busy, it can be very hectic, but that is to be expected; management works well with employees
Production
Apprentice (Current Employee), Houston TxMay 8, 2015
I enjoy working for this company but the business has slowed down.. I thank goodness for the experience that I have had with this company. I moved up in the company to better myself but the pay raises were not increases to my stardards.
Billing Clerk/Inventory (Former Employee), Elk City, OKMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: none
This is a very progressive company that is committed customers as well as their staff. They offer great benefits. They have skilled people working for them with many years with the company.
Culture of growth
Technical Writer (contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 6, 2015
Pros: Open and friendly access to all information necessry
Cons: Contract ended
Open access to experts
Learned new Wiki skills
Worked with more advanced Visio projects
Editing of existing White Papers
Coauthor of new White Papers
Extended my knowledge of oil and gas procedures into the drilling arena
Very supportive management
Group activities
Very friendly and supportive coworkers
a great palce
Shop Tech (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMay 6, 2015
a place to learn about the oilfield operations. a great staff and a challenge for anyone that is strong enough. a lot of hard work.
great insurance
Reverse Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Snyder, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: subpar equipment
great when there's an abundance of work, but when it slows down you get laid off. Don't have very good salesmen. A lot of lazy workers in the shop.
Good pay no life great benefits
Wireline Field Operator/Gun Loader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Pay, and Benefits
Cons: Managment sucks only care of themselves., some will stab you in the back
Good company to work for until the crash,hope I get another opportunity with Oil field service work.
very technical,must have a clean record!!(work with explosives)
Room for advancement.
Service company that is growing at a very fast pace, Productive Workplace
Contracts Engineer IWC (Former Employee), Al BaşrahMay 2, 2015
Service company that is growing at a very fast pace, having gained more experience in a wide range of areas related to the oil and gas industry
learn new laws
office manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 1, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: na
Enjoyed meeting new clients. able to assist what they needs. learning what need to process to complied to file with the court.
Working for Weatherford was very exhausting, and local management was very poor at their job, but it paid well and benefits were great.
CML/Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Sense of accomplishment
Cons: Work Hours, Time away from home, Local Management
Working for oilfield service companies is very stressful, and often requires long hours/days away from home with little to no sleep. The pay and benefits are good, but for people with a family, this is often not enough to put up with what you have to put up with. Local management was quite horrible and was not proactive in any way, which made things quite stressful on top of the normal.
NA
Training and Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 27, 2015
Was laid off due to reduction in force, oil industry has taken a hit. Loved my job, management needs to be more supporting of people who are assets.
Good place to work.
INVENTORY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAApril 27, 2015
Worked 10 hrs. a day Monday thru Friday. On call every other weekend. I learned a lot about Liner Hangers with Weatherford in the last 16 yrs. with them. I'm going to miss a few of my co-worker which are very good people to work with. Hardest part of my job was mainly the long hours I had to put in, but it was all good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more

Weatherford Salaries