Weatherford Employee Reviews

very much a man's world
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2017
oil and gas, not much place for advancement for females, after the 911 incident, much job loss and uncertainty during that time. the environment was very political.
is a fun place to work
Quality Assurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
Weatherford is one of the most reputable company I had ever enjoyed working for. although the oil and Gas industry is unsuitable. But the ethic moral and treatment of workers by the weatherford management is awesome. I wish I could go back and work again in WEATHERFORD.
Pros
Free lunch, enough time for fun, looking at workers needs and concerns
Cons
enough break time to regroup
Not very structured
Manager- Category Management-Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
Very fractured operations. Not all operations are on the same page making it difficult to ensure standards are followed.Internationally is was a challenge to conduct procedures for operations.
Pros
Lot of opportunity
Cons
Work load increases
Serious Management Issues
Tax Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
The internship was great for the first few months - I learned valuable tax planning deck building skills as well as a few excel skills I had not previously been exposed to. However... management had some serious issues in the tax department. The number of managers that came and went in my time at the company was too much to handle and tasks were not doled out appropriately, nor were expectations fully explained.
Good Company
RRL Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mukhaizna, OmanJune 12, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, they have good benefits and a good work environment. I enjoyed my time with Weatherford and would work for them again giving the right opportunity arose.
Laid back enviroment
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 12, 2017
Working for a company like Weatherford that is large is a great feeling to be able to interact with so many people everyday. Weatherford has many benefits that are perfect for many families.
Great Place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Weatherford was a great place to work, had I not relocated for family reasons I would still be working for them. Management communicated with their employees and made you feel like you made a difference within the Company.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
TECHNICAL ASSEMBLER I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
depending on your coworkers a typical can be enjoyable, Iearned so many techniques of fabricating the bends that were used to make the product that was being put out
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
low peaks lay-offs
Good People
Gage Technician/Dimensional Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
Lots of fun, and safety was a plus. Overtime was great and QC and FAT's were great to work with, travel was a minimal and great experience, and people greated us with great respect.
Pros
Holiday lunches were great
Cons
Breaks and lunch were fair, although many times i worked through them which was great.
long days, hard work , heavy equipment
Pumping Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 2, 2017
The job requires you to work as team, performing JHAs as a crew, installing pump jack units, preform maintenance routines, transport various parts to job locations.
What I learned was the proper steps to setting a pumping unit, use of air and hand tools, lifting and rigging techniques.
Management tells you how to operate the correct way but then ask what is taking so long and wants the job done in half the time and half the steps.
The hardest part of the job is being out in the weather conditions, load noises from tools, compressors, equipment air impact tools are used on most jobs as well as 16lb. hammers, and working at heights.
The most enjoyable part is the paycheck only if you keep track of your own hours to cross check the time card system.
Pros
Good pay, and benefits
Cons
management was as good as there is
Completions Repair and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 31, 2017
work hard play hard as they say, all the supers i ever had at weatherford were very hands on if you needed anything it was a phone call away, really good about helping out the needs of the workers.
Pros
good schedule, understanding bosses
Cons
not stable, oil field life
Great Company that is world wide
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 31, 2017
Meet with customers at their office and well locations. Provide them with down hole solutions and surface equipment. Build a relationship.
We were a 24 hour service company and we were committed to providing solutions and products to the customers.
Great people to work with and they were committed to we the people of WTF.
Pros
Gave us the tools to preform our job. Had a great manager.
Cons
logistic
IT Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2017
Overall, Weatherford is a good place to work. It gives employees a good work life balance and allows them to work from home as needed. The management tries to look after its employees and even took paycut to reduce layoffs.
Outstanding company
Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
Outstanding company, Individuals as managers work hard and many hours but always rewarded for the hard work & dedication to the organization.Honest & reliable leadership
Buen ambiente con los compañeros
Demolicion (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2017
Bien organisada , lonche puntual, ambiente bueno pago puntual
Pros
Seguro medico vacaciones
Cons
No daban cafe
very well managed work place
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 20, 2017
Accurately filled orders: prepared, wrapped, weighed and loaded items for,
shipping according to packing slips. Processed all invoicing, freight forwarding and packing slips
Used computerized system to verify and pulled inventory. Shipped high volume of orders daily; followed all procedures and kept accurate records. Ran forklift.
Not terrible
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2017
I've been with the company 6 years. I've been promoted, demoted, tossed into odd positions that didn't suit me...but at least my pay has generally stayed the same.
8 years with Weatherford
Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKMay 16, 2017
This company has been the same for me in multiple states, working for different types of oilfield services they've worked with me in every way during personal hardships. In return I've felt very comfortable making sacrifices to keep my job and have been fairly compensated over the years.
Pros
Laid back but very sharp management
Cons
Some benefit perks being temporarily cut over the years
Worked hard but away a lot
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CoMay 15, 2017
I worked out of the Vernal, Ut office and Grand Junction, Co office. Spent a majority of my time in North Dakota. Shown respect for my hard work. Only left the company to be closer to family.
Great Company
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
I was with them for 5 years till they out sourced the AP department. Weatherford was a great company to work for.Great hours, you could changed your duties within AP so that you could learn more within AP.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Being out sourced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherford. Our community is ready to answer.