Weathermatic is a leading provider of water-conserving irrigation technology and services. Based in Dallas, TX, Weathermatic products have been installed in over 70 countries and in high profile properties like the U.S. Capitol Building, Buckingham Palace and the College Football Hall of Fame. We are the leader in Smart irrigation control with more than 250,000 installations. These systems save 20-60% in landscape water on most properties.
We have recently launched SmartLink, a web-based irrigation control system that is the most intuitive and affordable product in the industry and rapidly becoming the industry standard. http://www.smartlinknetwork.com. Through our Save Water, Give Life program, we donate $1 per month for every SmartLink connection to global clean water projects. These contributions will bring safe and clean water to thousands of the world's neediest children in the coming year.
Our code is written in Ruby and runs on the Rails stack backed by a MySQL database. Our infrastructure is hosted on Amazon via cloud services. We are looking for a programming superstar to join our team of gifted hardware and software virtuosos. You have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of helping transform an industry with web-based software while making a profound impact on water conservation and helping support our Save Water, Give Life cause.
- Develop new SmartLink application features that support the expanding business opportunities and requirements
- Help maintain existing code base and optimize for maximum scalability
- Work with the hardware engineering team to optimize hardware and software integration.
- Help identify new software features that can drive additional revenue growth
- Coordinate with contract software developers to maximize development efficiencies.
- Motivated, driven and possessing a desire to achieve success.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to take on additional responsibility as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, team oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ruby on Rails 3.x experience
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Functional knowledge of Ruby socket programming
- Evidence of good user experience design skills
- Candidate must provide examples of functional Ruby applications and clean code
- Amazon AWS experience, EC2/S3/SQS/SES
- Resque / Redis
- API Design using Rabl
- Base salary plus bonuses
- Full benefits – medical, dental, 401k
Weathermatic is an equal opportunity
Indeed - 15 months ago