Full salary, 3 Day Work Week possible. Web Hosting Groups Corp. is growing and looking for a proactive, positive, and passionate Customer Support/IT Systems Analyst for our Columbus, Ohio data center. Our family of hosting service providers includes established and successful web and application hosting brands that require knowledgeable and motivated staff to grow with us and achieve common goals. We are a customer-focused business and interacting with our clients to assist them in meeting their needs will be a key component of the position. Candidates with prior web hosting work experience are preferred.
The Customer Support/IT Systems Analyst will perform duties relating to the technical support, management and provisioning of various aspects of our data centers including but not limited to the following:
- Network: monitor and manage the network, diagnose and repair network problems
- Servers: diagnose and repair server hardware problems
- Operating systems: diagnose and repair OS issues on servers (Linux, Windows)
- Provide technical support to clients as needed
- Monitor the cooling and power systems in the data center and oversee their maintenance
- 3 or 4 day work week: Standard work week for this position can be either Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon 11pm to 9am EST or Fri, Sat, Sun 7pm to 8am.
The Customer Support/IT Systems Analyst needs to be comfortable and able to work as part of a global team as well as independently when necessary. The Customer Support/ IT Systems Analyst must be proficient in communicating with clients via telephone, our electronic ticketing system, email and live chat, in a positive and helpful manner to resolve problems and answer questions to the clients' satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Network Management: provision and configure the network as required by the needs of our clients and our business. Diagnose network problems when they present themselves.
Systems Administration: Daily administration and support of the Linux-based servers, including /or software installation/upgrade, shell scripting, system performance monitoring, system sizing, system integration, and hardware diagnostics within a physical and virtual environment.
Capacity Planning: Ongoing reporting and analysis of systems and applications capacity planning and remediation. Improve the overall performance of systems by tuning systems parameters to achieve better performance.
Documentation: Responsible for maintaining system documentation including build documentation, systems/network diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures, and asset management.
You will be responsible for the monitoring servers, networks, and storage equipment and the troubleshooting and correcting problems therein.
You will need to handle escalated calls outside normal work hours on a rotating basis with other staff.
You may be required to assume other duties other than those specifically mentioned above as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum 3 years of experience of network administration and Linux system administration, configuration, and troubleshooting, including but not limited to:
- Good experience with hosting panels such as Hsphere, Virtuozzo, Plesk, HSPC/PBAS, cPanel
- A working knowledge of various flavors of Linux including CentOS (system administration)
- Apache configuration and troubleshooting
- mySQL configuration and troubleshooting
- Email services: SMTP, POP, IMAP (configuration and troubleshooting)
- Experience with server-class hardware (configuration and troubleshooting including software and hardware RAID)
- Cisco switch and router configuration (VLANs, STP and switching required, OSPF and BGP routing optional)
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals and diagnostic methods
- Good understanding of DNS with working knowledge of BIND
- Some experience with shell scripts and/or perl and/or PHP
Additional Expectations and Requirements:
- You will need to be self-motivated and have good diagnostic and problem-solving skills in a technical environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, are required.
- Vehicle and valid drivers license.
- Cell phone.
Compensation depends on experience. Health and vacation benefits included.