Web.com Employee Reviews

Position offered great opportunities to work independently
WEBSITE EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working independently to provide oversight of spelling and grammar for website content. I provided feedback to correct any deficient areas as needed.
Great Place
High-End Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2017
Management is great. Really intelligent people. Even in a sales environment its not high pressure as others in my area. Positive environment. Benefits are fantastic.
CW Smith
Web Designer/ Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2017
Workplace is friendly and inviting. I was able to enjoy my work and life through out the day. I recommend this to all entry level designers. Web.com also has monthly events.
Pros
The creative freedom
Cons
Health Care
Was a decent environment.
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 8, 2017
Web.com is the typical call center. You maintain accounts o clients that are using web.com for advertising their business through websites and other products. I learned what SEO is. I learned how search engines work. The direct management was very supportive. The workload was very high. The culture was very laid back. Their recognition for your accomplishments. I received gift cards, tickets to Golf tournaments and cash rewords. The toughest part was not having the ability to fully assist the clients with what was given.
A Stepping Stone...
Enterprise Search Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2017
It's a decent starting point. You can learn quite a bit, but don't expect competitive salaries. Quality of life heavily depends on the department. More parallels to a call center than an internet marketing agency.
Informal workplace
Website Builder Coach (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Chat with customers looking to build their website.
I'm constantly learning new things about websites and marketing.
Management tends to dismiss any complaints about how things are done

The job is not hard, but meeting the metrics for the Incentive Payout is difficult. The parameters change frequently, and often apply to other departments more so than ours.

The best part of the job is the people that work with me, we keep each other entertained.
Pros
Free Keurig Coffee, On-site Clinic, Great Peers
Cons
High-cost Healthcare, Poor Communication from Management
great products,great service,good management
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 9, 2017
Great job, been transferred to a market in which isn't up to digital mentality. Afraid of losing my job because of negative energy in the market. Trying everyday pulling doors,can't break in
Pros
freedom
Cons
no raises
Looking for existing book of business
Digital Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2017
great company. They are looking for an existing book of business to carry over. I came with a lot of experience in the industry but an outdated book. This is hampering my success but I am generating a lot of new business.
Get your experience and go.
Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I was at Web for 4 years in two departments in fulfillment. If you figure out a system and where to cut corners (which is unofficially encouraged), it can be an ok job. When it comes to building a career, though, there's little room for advancement if you are a writer, designer, or in qc. Not the worst place to go right out of college, but you can't grow, and management was absolutely frustrating.

For example, on multiple occasions, people in various departments compiled data to help fix common, unrelated issues. Management often acknowledged they received this data, but nothing was done with it. Instead they assigned kiddie projects like logo design contests or fluffy meetings to increase morale. This simply wasted time and made us feel like we were in kindergarten. Some of us had to even deal with problematic managing styles, including snide comments in official meetings about employees and even downright yelling at them. Many of us who work/worked there have had horrible stress from dealing with this. Incidents like this weren't common or out in the open, but it illustrates the toxic undercurrent running through things.

Pro
-Flexible schedule if you worked in fulfillment (Copy, Design, Quality Control)
-An ok place to gain experience right out of college if you can keep your head down
-Casual attire
-Listening to music while working is acceptable

Con
-You get a one-time raise. That's it.
-Lots of micromanaging.
-If you get sick and have a doctor's note, you still have your pto taken and get attendance points.
-Many people are hired without proper experience
  more... (ex: copywriters who have no writing experience), which ends up making jobs harder for others in fulfillment who have to fix their errors without fair compensation.
-Speed is often rewarded over quality to the point where those who have poor quality scores can become t2 agents and train other employees.
-Upper management refuses to listen to real issues that affect employees every day, and make decisions that hurt them. Middle management does what they can to keep upper management happy rather than deal with what's actually going on with their teams.
-Copy, design, qc standards constantly fluctuate and often do not reflect general industry trends.
-Incentive plans also fluctuate frequently and are below average (having a speed-based plan alone is a bad idea for creating websites).
Good if you prefer selling things instead of helping people
Website Hosting Technician (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAJanuary 7, 2017
The overall company atmosphere is sympathetic and helpful, but that is about the only positive here. The upper management could care less about how helpful the agents can be as they are only concerned with coming up with creative ways to get people to pay more money. The advertising is somewhat misleading and there are many agents that take advantage of it in order to sell products to meet a sales quota to earn an extra payout. Some departments aren't available on the weekends which further compounds customer frustrations. Overall, a regular hosting agent can barely help a customer out without having to mention that there is a paid service to fix their issue since regular agents aren't allowed to fix anything basically. It's basically a cycle of sympathy statements and trying to get the customer to pay even more money to fix an issue they may or may not have caused. Advancement is easily achieved laterally between departments, but extremely difficult to move vertically. Almost zero advancement opportunities exist vertically. They bill this as a great place to work, but fail mention how little it is you can truly do until you're already in and getting training that doesn't even come close to what you need to do the job successfully.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Poor Management, Focus on selling to fix a problem intead of helping
Great company despite critical issues
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2016
Would probably see this job as a long term solution if it weren't for the ridiculous job instability. Average of 25% of the sales force sells nothing each month. Sales cycle is way too slow for company demand each month (which is because we are selling a high end service...too important of a decision for business owners to just pull the trigger on quickly...which makes it too easy to render our jobs in peril)
Pros
everything else
Cons
management lack of understanding (or even ignorance) of sales team's challenges
Decent work place
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NSDecember 15, 2016
Web.com overall was a decent place to work. The middle management really felt like they cared and listened to their team to try and make them feel heard. The compensation was okay given the local compensation geographically and the workload though at times felt overbearing there was enough excitement and variation to remain enjoyable
The company does not care about its employees
Modification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2016
The management will play with your paycheck even though your salary is already low. They put policies in place to reduce your pay instead of increase it. The company does not offer raises. The company hires outside before it promotes within. I do not believe this company follows its values when it comes to its employees.
Pros
Flexibility, you work with passionate people
Cons
Punishment mentality, management is not highly trained
management was all over the place. not so great. no communication
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flSeptember 29, 2016
A lot of miscommunication and they don't keep their word when time is requested off. managers are against everyone and do not want to help their employees. when things would change the managers would not tell us what the new goals are for achieving goals for the month. I would NEVER recommend WEB to anyone.
Good work enviroment.
Senior Operation Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Great company I really enjoyed working there. Unfortunately I came into some hard times, and even with my five years in company they didn't help me. They let me go Web.com will forever be a great company to me. I just wish they could have worked with me.
Pros
Stability
Cons
No raises
Great Company
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Overall I highly enjoyed the atmosphere though the opportunity for advancement was simply not available. also the management in our department was lacking any interpersonal ability and was simply a revolving door my duration there.
Pros
Great peers and colleagues
Too much play
Business Consultant/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2016
Reach out to small business to effort to increase online presesnce, through online marketing, and management of online presence.
Excellent Company Culture
Senior Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2016
Very Progressive , client orientated company Culture

Id like to see more interaction between field sales and upper management
Pros
Earning Potential
Cons
Not fast to react to market changes
Sales, Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2016
I loved working for this company. Great benefits and compensation with advancement opportunities. I was there less than 6 months and they moves me into a field more befiting my degree after starting out in sales.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Not in Las Vegas
Worst place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAJanuary 31, 2016
I believe that this company was created to beat people down. There is no positives to this company at all.

No raises, no promotions, horrible benefits, the depression is palatable, management and up are encouraged to beat you down.
Pros
you get a paycheck that is right 95% of the time
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Web.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9