Web.com Employee Reviews

Outstanding people who are extremely helpful. Excellent products and services. I am seeking to leave due to the constantly evolving pay plan.
Territory Sales Professional, Web.com (Current Employee) –  Nashville.July 12, 2015
I called on small to medium sized businesses in the Nashville area (surrounding 100 mile geography). I typically hit the road at 7:00 a.m., as I like to start my day early. I was tasked with calling on a minimum 30 potential customers per day...or 150 per week. I cold called on more. I also reserviced, grew, and renewed exisiting customers.

I earned that digital sales is a longer sales process than print sales...which is fine, as it is a higher end sale...i.e...more baby sitting, not a 1 to 2 call close. I had to be on top of my digital products, as I was the teacher. Great sales is simply great teachng, great coaching. I learned to be myself...my own personality...which is to be a great Teacher/Coach! To motivate others!

Management at Web.com are fine folks. They are good folks!

My co-workers...much negativism...I don't like negativism...this was a rotating door.

The hardest part of the job was selling a complicated digital product, investing many hours with a customer, then having I.T. drop the ball, which equalled non delivery to the customer. I have a hard time accepting others not doing their job.

I DEEPLY LOVE meeting strangers/business owners...learning about them and their businesses. I truly love learning about people. I enjoy making friends. I spent a great part of my life in college coaching...coaching others - to sometimes do what they don't initially want to do. To teach them, earn their trust, to see them grow into young me. To provide OUTSTANDING products and service to my customers......products and services which will grow their
  more... bottom line, is paramount to seeing a young man score a touch down in a big game, when he initially didn't want to do what I asked him to do. It means much to me, to help others. It meant the world to me, to see my former players grow...It means the world to me now, to see my business owners grow. It is the most rewarding, most enjoyable part of my professional life.
I TRULY LOVE OUTSIDE SALES!!! I get to be a Coach every day...I get to Coach up my customers..and I do!
Pros
Good pay...Great folks, great ideas, good brand initially.
Cons
Inconsistent pay plan, IT, Developers could not deliver the product consistently
Great Salary & Benefits!
Retention/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2013
The job is somewhat routine, meaning it is easy to learn & catch on to what you're doing to resolve customer issues. Training consists of 2 weeks in a classroom & 2 weeks nesting on the actual floor. Having a customer service background and call center experience will help you go far with this job. If you learn your job well, you can advance to other departments after 6 months in whatever department for which you were originally hired. I had questions about certain aspects of the job, but the number of employees compared to the number of supervisors made it difficult to fully understand the proper steps to resolve customer concerns, so that repeat calls can be avoided. The work environment is AWESOME, & looking at my paychecks made me very happy to be employed with the company. The only reasons I resigned were that whenever I would ask a question about how to resolve a complaint, I couldn't get efficient help & the answers were always different. Going through the training, nothing that the customers were calling about on the floor were actually covered. I knew my strong points & what I was good at, but was constantly told by management that I'd have to remain in Retention for 6 months before I could transfer to another department, but employees who finished training AFTER me were already being moved to the departments they wanted to be in, such as Tech Support, Copywriting, etc. after only 2 weeks in Retention. I would not consider working for the company again (at least not in Jacksonville), because I was good at my job, even to the point of being undocumented Floor Support  more... for the area I sat in, but was told I'd have to "stick it out" for 6 months before even being considered for another position.  less
Pros
great salary, great benefits
Cons
ineffective training, poor customer service record
Professional Job Experience
Client Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2014
Day to Day: Get to Cubicle on time, Log on, complete calls by assisting customers with A+ customer service while meeting and exceeding metrics set by company. Clocked out on time.

Learned: Organization, Multitasking, Empathy, Advanced Marketing skills and more.

Management: Split into teams. I was on the advanced team under my supervisor. She was just amazing. Not only did she tackle her job to help/support her team but she went out her way for other teams, 1 on 1 training and even personal matters..professionally.

Co-Workers: Family basically. everyone working efficiently together and as hard as possible to exceed metric standards to obtain our intensives and awards.

Hard Part: Use to be taking on supervisors escalation calls when I wasn't at that level yet. I made it through although took more time then wanted although the more I took the better I improved.

Enjoyable: Everything, hiring, training, learning, taking on responsibilities, pay, hours, my supervisor. Most likely my favorite job I've had thus far.
Copy Mill Where Cut and Paste is the Norm
Copy Writer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2015
The management of this company sacrifices quality for quantity. This work ethic leads to copy writers having no other choice for survival than to cut and paste from previously written sites. Creativity is discouraged and "factory" writing on every site is the norm. Very talented pool of writers however, they are treated terribly.
Typical day consists of pulling assignments from a cue and writing as frantically as possible in order to turn out eight to nine sites a day. Once you reach this level you will be told to produce ten site daily or face the executioner i.e., the manager of the department. This pleasant individual will ceremoniously pull you into his office where he will humiliate you and threaten to fire you if you don't improve your stats. Adding to this denigration are your supervisors who take on good cop, bad cop roles to get you on track.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough pay for what is expected.
A great first stop
Quality Control Editor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
-Job was extremely flexible on time off, even allowing me to work an irregular schedule when necessary (does not apply to customer-facing employees); fringe benefits (sports tickets, etc.) made off-hours life enjoyable.

-Compensation is enough for entry-level professionals, but industry vets will not be impressed. Insurance is sufficient.

-Job is very secure, and management is patient in employee development, but advancement bottlenecks abound. However, the right opening can be meteoric.

-By far the best management I've worked with, across multiple departments. Patient, involved, knowledgeable, and collegial.

-Culture differs greatly between departments. Operations is very laid-back; more customer-facing roles have been more intense. Enforcement of the company dress code is almost non-existent, the appeal of which is a matter of taste.
Focused daily on how to match my products and services to potential client needs
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work for web.com was servicing new and existing clients with recommended products and services that could benefit their company.
What I learned while at web.com was that clients in business for them selves want help on innovative ways to grow business. However the sales and close ratio depends on the delivery of the person offering the goods. Preparation and presention is the key to success.
Management was very helpful at all times.
My co-workers were very pleasant and enjoyed team bonding on many initiatives
The hardest part of the job was knowing when to call it a evening. I always wanted to keep going, none stop.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was changing lives just by presenting potiental clients with products and services I believed in.
Pros
independent work, satisfaction of knowing your helping others
Cons
healthcare
Deceptive job
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 16, 2014
I normally do not write about such things, but ... RUN AWAY, RUN FAST, RUN FAR

Run from this job.. Or at least in Spokane, WA.

Okay co-workers, horriable management, poor un-qualified Trainers..deception is their game..
Joke HR Dept and IT Dept.

Expected to make sales with defective equipment and support staff. Embrassing!

Top Executives are only concerned with collecting the stocks shares while the Minions work the lies off. The product is a fair to poor product at best. This is truly a product for people that absolutely know nothing about marketing.. Its amazing that the stick price is what it is..

In closing: if you want to lie, cheat, steal and sell to people and not help businesses than this is the job for you..

Lossing this job was the best thing that ever happenened in my life.. Again..
RUN AWAY...
Pros
empliyment
Cons
everything else
Loved the people
Outbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2014
The employees at Web.com are amazing. We were all family. We worked hard to achieve our goals and to help each other out anytime we could. The management will be the downfall of the company. When a company puts more focus on keeping the stocks up than compensating its employees then there is a problem. The sales department and the customer service department are the "front line" of the company. Without these two departments the there would be no company. When you cut sales commissions four times in less than a year because you have to keep the board of directors and Wall Street happy then there is a serious problem. The cost of living is going up every day and pay was steadily decreasing. It's very counterproductive, not to mention the fact that the upper management team creating a hostile work environment.
Pros
co-workers were awesome
Cons
management sucked!!
Outside Sales /Set my own hours
Lead Generation Specialist (Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
Developed marketing strategies for turnaround, startup and mature SMB clients;
Product mix included: Social Media Marketing, SEO/SEM.
Conceptualized new and enhanced business opportunities presenting defined objectives, formulated strategies, necessary resources, benchmarks and feedback points to decision makers.
Identified market potential by qualifying leads.
Initiated sales process by cold calling and networking.
Delivered presentations; developed strong understanding of account requirements.
Closed sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
Expanded sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
Accomplished marketing and organization mission with a track record of success.
Pros
set my own hours / helped a lot of people build buisiness
Cons
temporary assignment
Call center with incoming sales and web consulting calls.
Web Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spokane,WAFebruary 6, 2014
Daily:
I take incoming calls from 6:00AM-2:30PM for clients looking to renew their services with us. The goal here is to convert them into a customer for other services. Our managers will keep track of our sales and improve them when they see fit. My co-workers all try to make as many sales as possible within their shift. The hardest part of my job is the commission structure. It is rather difficult to make commission for veterans and new sales members as this structure does constantly change and paychecks are not ever the same. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I learn about how to interact with different types of people.
Pros
computer skills, people skills, weekends off
Cons
inconsistant paychecks, inconsistant coachings
Steady, quiet and productive work environment
Web Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2015
My typical day consists of building rapport and capture detailed business information during the hour long or more interview process in order to build customers Website(s) and/or Visibility Online services. I have learned so many things about different businesses and future inventions to help better communities all over the world. Management is good and my co-workers are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is trying to find more creative probes to pull information out of the customers for a more effectively marketed website, it all works out once the customer understands the process. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the connection with the customer throughout the interviews and hearing how excited they are about their business.
Good daily incentives but overall not much else offered to want to stay. Poor management, low commission, unfair t
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2015
Every day I took inbound calls and chats online to sell website design and marketing packages. Fast paced work environment. Learned how to be effective with communication and one call closing. Strong team environment.

Management was unstable and played favorites. The floor supervisors were unfit to lead people. It made for a toxic work atmosphere.

In 2014 they drastically

Co-workers were great. Mostly everyone was supportive and helpful.
Pros
Daily incentives like 5 dollar gift cards and other gift items.
Cons
Management, low commission, unfair treatment from management
Worst place you can work!
Peon (Current Employee) –  Drums, PaMarch 7, 2013
If you enjoy being lied to, treated as if you are irrelevant, and you like to work hours of unpaid overtime, web.com is for you!

The benefits are awful. There is a strict "no raise" policy even though the Chief People Officer will tell you that "web.com gives raises everyday." What she doesn't tell you is that only the top 5 people that run the company get raises, including herself.

Management's only concern is their jet and great tee times. The name of the company should be changed to, take the money and run inc.

Run for your life or you will be sick like the rest of us.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
Work place was clean and does have ping pong table
Account Specialist Operations (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2015
I honestly can say depending on what department and floor you work on and who your supervisors and managers as well as the coworkers on your team the experience at web.com will vary from employee to employee .I truly prefer not to say anything about my company that can already be read online and seen as well as the Web.com's stock's
Pros
free tickets for events footbal games and tpc
Cons
united health care, and what the company does not cover for prescriptions, the company seems to be worried only for its investors benefits, and not the benefits of the small to medium business owners.
productive, always a call to take to assist customers
Customer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2014
Take calls all day, assist customers with minor modifications to their website, billing, retention, minor tech support

I learned how to manage Google Ad words, how to manage a Facebook Business page correctly and effectively

Management assists as much as possible but they are sometimes too busy to help agents. I believe we need a floor support or team lead to assist with agents who need help

The agents do try to assist one another as best as possible when we have issues or are confused about something on the account
Pros
free events, football games, bbqs
Cons
nonrecognition, raises
Chained to the desk
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2015
In customer service we spent all of our time tied to a headset with calls coming in back to back with 5 seconds between each call. You get compensation if you say all the scripts right. Your job is to lie to customers and fix other department's mistakes. The hardest part of the job is the lying to people and getting yelled at. Also having to ask your manager in a chat
room if you can go to the restroom, if it's not your scheduled break. I once held it for an hour and a half waiting on a response.
Pros
Money
Cons
Chained to the desk being yelled at
Productive and friendly work enviroment
Modification Specialist Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Talking on the phone with the customer and making comestic changes to their website, for example text changes, font colors and backgrounds, pictures, slide shows, added videos to the customer's website through HTML coding that has been provided, and changing colors in the CSS coding.

The hardest part of the job is trying to upsell customer with various different products that I think would help benefit their business.
Pros
friendly co-workers and plenty of work to do
Cons
not paid enough and some false expectations set by sales associates
A heavily managed enviroment, with intense pressure and high turnover
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
This position requires an aggressive sales presentation and cold calling requirements. The industry is the most challenging of all, the nature of the industry is flooded with individuals all claiming to provide the same services and businesses owners with relations with family members or attempt to do it them selves.
My task has been to equip my reps with power dialog and examples to support our services.
Pros
Producing the lowest turnover of sales reps and highest customer retension in the company
Cons
An enviroment or culture that excepts a 70% turnover rate
Awesome competitive work environment!
business consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 14, 2015
They are fun to work for... I miss it! I came into work we did a motivating cheer then began calling business owners. I learned how to communicate with people and close deals effectively. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a high percentage of sales to keep up on the bonus structure, but I did well as the company kept it consistent with quality assurance. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to different types of people!
Pros
Incentives
Cons
short breaks
Relatively stress free, but not worth it.
Specialist, Developer II (Current Employee) –  Drums, PASeptember 22, 2014
The environment is great. There's almost no pressure to work beyond business hours and the socialization is relaxed and open. Micromanagement is everywhere and there is a raise policy that essentially guarantees you will never get a raise. They will tell you there are annual performance reviews and regular pay adjustments. Those just aren't for you. I don't know anyone who has received a raise in the last 5 years.