Web.com

Web.com Employee Reviews

Great entry level position
graphic designer (Current Employee), jacksonville, flMay 23, 2015
Opportunity to learn for the entry level candidate. High volumn; high stress environment. Opportunity to learn for the entry level candidate. High volumn; high stress environment.
A heavily managed enviroment, with intense pressure and high turnover
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Producing the lowest turnover of sales reps and highest customer retension in the company
Cons: An enviroment or culture that excepts a 70% turnover rate
This position requires an aggressive sales presentation and cold calling requirements. The industry is the most challenging of all, the nature of the industry is flooded with individuals all claiming to provide the same services and businesses owners with relations with family members or attempt to do it them selves.
My task has been to equip my reps with power dialog and examples to support our services.
Good daily incentives but overall not much else offered to want to stay. Poor management, low commission, unfair t
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Daily incentives like 5 dollar gift cards and other gift items.
Cons: Management, low commission, unfair treatment from management
Every day I took inbound calls and chats online to sell website design and marketing packages. Fast paced work environment. Learned how to be effective with communication and one call closing. Strong team environment.

Management was unstable and played favorites. The floor supervisors were unfit to lead people. It made for a toxic work atmosphere.

In 2014 they drastically

Co-workers were great. Mostly everyone was supportive and helpful.
Steady, quiet and productive work environment
Web Consultant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2015
My typical day consists of building rapport and capture detailed business information during the hour long or more interview process in order to build customers Website(s) and/or Visibility Online services. I have learned so many things about different businesses and future inventions to help better communities all over the world. Management is good and my co-workers are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is trying to find more creative probes to pull information out of the customers for a more effectively marketed website, it all works out once the customer understands the process. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the connection with the customer throughout the interviews and hearing how excited they are about their business.
Work from home 26 markets. Headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. SEO, SEM, Website, Social Media, Mobile
Digital Media Consultant II (Current Employee), Fort WorthApril 3, 2015
Pros: No long term contracts to clients
Cons: Limited products & price points
I enjoyed the concept of the job, hunter mentallity. Seeking SMB's looking to grow their business with new qualified leads. No contracts (with the exception of PPC). All consultants are home based.
Work place was clean and does have ping pong table
Account Specialist Operations (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free tickets for events footbal games and tpc
Cons: united health care, and what the company does not cover for prescriptions, the company seems to be worried only for its investors benefits, and not the benefits of the small to medium business owners.
I honestly can say depending on what department and floor you work on and who your supervisors and managers as well as the coworkers on your team the experience at web.com will vary from employee to employee .I truly prefer not to say anything about my company that can already be read online and seen as well as the Web.com's stock's
A very up beat work place
Sales Representative/Web Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i was able to learn so much about building websites
Cons: there was no overtime available
I loved working at Web.com. It was very interesting interviewing small business owners and learning about their business. I also liked providing assistance.
Not a leader in anything.
Design & Fullfilment (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: some great people!
Cons: low-end factory and production mentality
There are some fantastic people working there with wonderful ideas and talent. Unfortunately, there is no strategy, little direction and zero communication between departments resulting in sub par products and high customer turnover. It's a fantastic place to learn and about poor business practices and how not to run a company.
Focused daily on how to match my products and services to potential client needs
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: independent work, satisfaction of knowing your helping others
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work for web.com was servicing new and existing clients with recommended products and services that could benefit their company.
What I learned while at web.com was that clients in business for them selves want help on innovative ways to grow business. However the sales and close ratio depends on the delivery of the person offering the goods. Preparation and presention is the key to success.
Management was very helpful at all times.
My co-workers were very pleasant and enjoyed team bonding on many initiatives
The hardest part of the job was knowing when to call it a evening. I always wanted to keep going, none stop.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was changing lives just by presenting potiental clients with products and services I believed in.
Company needs a complete makeover
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: micromanaged inappropriately
Very inexperienced management with a flare for inappropriate behavior. Micromanages staff. Services are not reliable so there is no client retention.
A fun working environment.
customer service (Current Employee), 12808 Gran Bay Pkwy, WestJanuary 3, 2015
A typical day is answering calls listening to the customer to identify the problem or problems they are having and to correct or fix the issues at hand. I help mentor new employees with the daily calls. I also help assist the supervisors with taking corporate escalations.
Outside Sales /Set my own hours
Lead Generation Specialist (Outside Sales) (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: set my own hours / helped a lot of people build buisiness
Cons: temporary assignment
Developed marketing strategies for turnaround, startup and mature SMB clients;
Product mix included: Social Media Marketing, SEO/SEM.
Conceptualized new and enhanced business opportunities presenting defined objectives, formulated strategies, necessary resources, benchmarks and feedback points to decision makers.
Identified market potential by qualifying leads.
Initiated sales process by cold calling and networking.
Delivered presentations; developed strong understanding of account requirements.
Closed sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
Expanded sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
Accomplished marketing and organization mission with a track record of success.
Great if you love money
Customer Service, Search Engine Optimization (Former Employee), JacksonvilleDecember 15, 2014
Cons: no raises, poor benefits
My mother taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Great place for your first sales position.
Sr Business Consultant (Current Employee), Jacksonville FlSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: prior to fcc changes strong leads.
Cons: compensation
High energy & a fun, youthful place to work. I learned details about web design & SEO.
Relatively stress free, but not worth it.
Specialist, Developer II (Current Employee), Drums, PASeptember 22, 2014
The environment is great. There's almost no pressure to work beyond business hours and the socialization is relaxed and open. Micromanagement is everywhere and there is a raise policy that essentially guarantees you will never get a raise. They will tell you there are annual performance reviews and regular pay adjustments. Those just aren't for you. I don't know anyone who has received a raise in the last 5 years.
Loved the people
Outbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers were awesome
Cons: management sucked!!
The employees at Web.com are amazing. We were all family. We worked hard to achieve our goals and to help each other out anytime we could. The management will be the downfall of the company. When a company puts more focus on keeping the stocks up than compensating its employees then there is a problem. The sales department and the customer service department are the "front line" of the company. Without these two departments the there would be no company. When you cut sales commissions four times in less than a year because you have to keep the board of directors and Wall Street happy then there is a serious problem. The cost of living is going up every day and pay was steadily decreasing. It's very counterproductive, not to mention the fact that the upper management team creating a hostile work environment.
Professional Job Experience
Client Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2014
Day to Day: Get to Cubicle on time, Log on, complete calls by assisting customers with A+ customer service while meeting and exceeding metrics set by company. Clocked out on time.

Learned: Organization, Multitasking, Empathy, Advanced Marketing skills and more.

Management: Split into teams. I was on the advanced team under my supervisor. She was just amazing. Not only did she tackle her job to help/support her team but she went out her way for other teams, 1 on 1 training and even personal matters..professionally.

Co-Workers: Family basically. everyone working efficiently together and as hard as possible to exceed metric standards to obtain our intensives and awards.

Hard Part: Use to be taking on supervisors escalation calls when I wasn't at that level yet. I made it through although took more time then wanted although the more I took the better I improved.

Enjoyable: Everything, hiring, training, learning, taking on responsibilities, pay, hours, my supervisor. Most likely my favorite job I've had thus far.
Productive and a wonderful place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaJuly 14, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company with the staff and the ways it allowed me to advance from one position to another.
Fun work place
Csr sales (Current Employee), Drums PaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: healthcare
Taking inbound calls, enjoy working with people.
Billing, sales, escalate calls, adherence to schedule.
There is no hard part of my job.

Everyone is like family
Inside Sales
Senior Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 4, 2014
Cold Calls, Lead Generation, Follow Up Calls/Emails, Proposals, CRM, Full Sales Cycle Management

1 2 3

About Web.com

Web.com Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: WWWW) Web.com is one the most dynamic, fastest growing companies serving small business on the internet – Read more

Web.com Salaries