Web.com Employee Reviews

Loved it
SEO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2017
Loved working at web.com, very educational and helpful in the advancement of my interests in marketing online websites and businesses. It might’ve been a little confusing at first but once we trained on new systems or new strategies, everything was easy to understand from there.
Pros
Hour lunches, Educational, Relaxed
Cons
Confusing, Competitive
Productive and growing work environment
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2017
If your looking for a fast pace and competive work environment Web.com is the place for you. The management doesnt have a lot of professional experience and they do seem to promote based on favoritism vs actual job performance but the pay is good.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of work with over time and bonus incentives
Cons
Management isn't always the best or most professional candidates
Can be a fun Workplace.
Lead Stream Web (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2017
Web is a very fast work environment and if you handle rejection and it just rolls off your shoulders and have an overall attitude of "I don't care" you will do fine at this job.
You are connected to your chair and headset all days long, 5 days per week.
It is very stressful, especially if you do not make your numbers or sales quota every pay period.
Pros
Free Lunch/ Happy Hour Friday afterwork
Cons
not making the sales quota- they walk you out the door- no one ever sees you again.
Cold calling
SALES REPRESENETIVE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2017
Great, supportive people surrounding me. The managers motivated me. I really like the staff and was very said to find out that I had to leave for school purposes. Would recommend to a friend.
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2017
I haven't been with Web.com very long but so far it is amazing. The staff is fun, we always have a competition going on to make employees work harder. The compensation is fair, let's be honest that's the main reason people leave and stay, For one your base pay is 9.62 there is no denying it that's low for anybody. But once you make a sale or actually stay involved with the competitions then you'll love it. I left a job that was $13 hourly because with all the incentives here i make more at Web.com. Also nobody is at Web.com for the base pay everyone is here for the potential of making anywhere 2K - 10K monthly
Pros
Free Lunch, Commission
Cons
Low base
Hunter Role
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
Hunter Role for Online Marketing - there is no stop for searching for new. CRM issues are a slow down. Your pipeline better be full of little jobs that will close in 2-3 calls
High paced and higly competitve
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
I would give Web.com a A- if I ere a teach and Web was my student. Its a great and fun environment. The compensation can be great but if you're a high performer, the client cancels can come back on you and accumulate quickly to where your trying to pull yourself out of a hole every pay cycle. If you're an average performer, making 5-7 sales a month, then you might be okay.
Pros
Fun environment, good people, quick compensation
Cons
bad client services, not confident in product, big hit on compensation when clients cancel
Fun place but lack of vision and support.
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work for low level sales you can make a lot of money but is an incredible grind to do so as well as dealing with multiple misaligned managers. Due to the high turnover rate management provides very little development and support.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Low base salary, Surprise lunch meetings, lack of career development and company vision.
Great Place to Work
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 6, 2017
Great Place to work highly recommend. Never a Dull moment, high speed and money driven. The management team is always looking to help you grow and become better at your job.
Pros
money and culture
Cons
needed a new challenge
Great company in flux
National Brand Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2017
Web.com is a fantastic company with great benefits and an overall welcoming atmosphere that is easy to thrive in, but it lacks career development opportunities as of late they have decide to hire from the outside for many of the rolls.
Pros
Great people, awesome benefits, and an amazing office.
Cons
Lack of growth potential
Good introduction to call centers
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2017
This was my first call center job. I had some amazing managers during my tenure there, managers that really fostered growth in terms of being able to speak on the phone and be able to mitigate difficult situations. The problem I experienced was with upper management. There was a specific situation where a bunch of agents were promised raises for handling phone calls related to a new product, signed paperwork for it, but were not given raises. When they attempted to contact HR about it, the forms they signed mysteriously disappeared. So there were sketchy things about the company, and basically if you complained too much you were told to sit down shutup and take more phone calls. Everyone was made to feel very replaceable
Pros
Decent pay with opportunity for commissions
Cons
Upper management
not for everyone
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2017
unless you are a top performer, you probably won't be able to pay your bills with their pay structure. they also deduct money from your paycheck if you are a smoker.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
big egos
Great Company
Internet Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Great Product, awesome pay, a lot of support and tools provided to the team. Very aggressive sales goals and a streamlined process in submitting sales paper work.
Pros
Fun and great pay
Cons
aggresive sales goals
Flexible Hours
Designer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2017
A typical work day would be coming in and designing about 3 websites a day. There are weekly meetings but otherwise if you don't feel like talking to anyone you don't have to. You can come in and just do your work and leave. After you've been working for the company for a while and your management can see that you are productive, you can be put on flex schedule. This means you can come in any time from 7am -11am and as long as you work 8 hours it doesn't matter which time and it doesn't have to be consistent every day. You can also (with permission) work a weekend to get time off during the week if you need.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Hard to move up
Best Place I Have Ever Worked
Email Specialist (Current Employee) –  Drums, PASeptember 22, 2017
Knew I loved it here right from my first day training is very long, but a bit extensive - that is my only qualm. Otherwise, the hours are great, amazing work environment, kind management, and AMAZING pay! There is also a lot of opportunity for growth within the company anms well as fantastic benefits.
Pros
Lucrative, relaxed environment, lax dress code, much more!
Cons
High sales goals (this does ultimately benefit you)
Favoritism
Editor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Not a bad place to work. You can make a lot of money, but there's stuff no one will ever teach you--like how to maximize your incentive profits. Editors who find out keep it to themselves or only tell their friends. If you're slow on the uptake, or not quick to make friends, you're out of luck.
Some managers work you like a horse. Depends on who your manager is. I went through several during my time there. Not everyone is treated equally.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short breaks, have to clock into everything. some managers are clueless
Web Consultant/Edits Department (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99201September 14, 2017
Great place to work. Good commission and great benefits. The company has a lot of fun activities for employees. They also give a lot of paid time off starting your first day.
I enjoyed my time there.
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2017
Web.com treated me well and I would consider working there again. I was a top performer so things were pretty easy with management for me. Overall I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Good pay, respectful managers
Cons
Constant change in policies, punishing successful reps for the failure of weaker reps
Good job for the ambitious and confident
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Drums, PASeptember 2, 2017
Web.com is a company that rewards you well for being the best, but you will find it hard to be rewarded for anything less. Be aware that all jobs are sales jobs.
Pros
great payouts for people who can make them, slow days are very slow
Cons
extreme pressure to always make payouts, days where theyre busy you will not be able to rest for more than a minute
Low Pay, No Raises
Web Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2017
The company has had resounding results in the last few years, however, they do not give raises. Senior management received great raises in February, but staff has been told via email that Web.com does not give raises. They offer incentive programs to some, but not all. In the last few years incentive goals have risen while opportunity has decreased. The PTO benefits were recently reworked and instead of receiving s 3rd week at 5 years you earn a day a year. If you are starting a career this may be a good place to get ecperience and move on. I do not recommend this company long term.
Pros
Benefits and Christmas Party
Cons
Lack of opportunity, low base pay, difficulty in maxing incentives, the total lack of comprehension that their emploees generally do not make enough money to live on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Web.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9