Are you passionate about working with the latest networking technologies? Do you have the skills to take on and conquer any problem before you, big or small? Are you dedicated to making sure customers are singing your praises for going above and beyond? Does the sound of thousands of servers purring around you fill you with pleasure?
Webair is a leading global technology company, providing managed hosting and infrastructure to our customers in a really cool environment. Our multiple data center locations worldwide, coupled with our robust cloud computing services, allow us to stand out in the global managed web hosting & professional services sector. We promote a work life balance through flexible scheduling, a generous salary, full benefits package, gym memberships, and a team that has your back!
We are seeking a candidate to be part of a team that manages our network infrastructures worldwide. You will be part of a very small team who:
- Help maintain dark fiber networks and DWDM gear that span multiple locations.
- Maintain Edge, Core, and Distribution routers and switches that provide Internet connectivity to thousands of servers that host millions of websites
- Manage BGP links to multiple providers and peering points in a multi-homed, multi-location environment.
- Manage and configure Firewalls, load balancers, and other network devices in redundant and highly available configurations.
- Maintain a network with over 200,000+ public IP addresses.
- Work with public IPV6 configurations and spread the adoption and integration of IPv6 internally within the organization.
- Write and maintain automation scripts and software to manage network resources.
- Work with a large cloud infrastructure configuring public, private, and hybrid cloud configurations.
- Work on cross over projects involving HA Unix server configurations, clouds, and networking.
- Establish documentation and procedures regarding network best practices.
Experience supporting LAN and WAN environments in a 24x7 commercial setting
Ability to work well with application developers, customers, operations staff, and business units
Ability to work under pressure
Desired Technical Skills:
MUST HAVE Knowledge of Cisco Catalyst switches in redundant configurations (35xx/45xx/65xx/76xx)
MUST HAVE Working knowledge of a UNIX platform (Linux/BSD)
Experience with basic twisted-pair wiring (patch panel and cable wiring)
Exposure to network monitoring and management tools
Experience with Internet networks
Experience configuring and managing routing protocols such as; BGP, STP, HSRP, OSPF, VTP
Experience configuring and managing firewall appliances
Experience configuring VPN configurations
Experience configuring and managing load balancer appliances and software
Exposure to highly redundant networks using HSRP and multiple layers of redundancy
Knowledge of WAN environments based on both public and private carrier solutions (physical and virtual circuit-based)
Exposure to network security systems and designs
Advanced Unix/Linux operating system experience
Ability to write Linux/Unix scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, shell)
Network Security Administration/Engineering
Experience with L3-L7 load balancing appliances (F5, A10, etc, Nortel, HAP)
Exposure to Cisco PIX/ASA devices and IPS systems
VMware, XEN, or KVM experience