WEBCO INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews in United States

Typical Manufacturing job
Aco Operator (Former Employee) –  Mannford, OKJanuary 19, 2016
12 hour days, rotating schedule. decent amount of responsibilities in this job. a lot is expected of you. quality is second only to safety
Great company for someone just starting out
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mannford, OKNovember 5, 2015
This is a good company if you are just starting your career. There is little opportunity to move upwards and the pay is very low in comparison to competitors. I also don't feel like they put enough emphasis on professional development or training.
Pros
Bosses are generally easy to work with and good opportunity to learn if you have the right boss.
Cons
limited vacation time, little or none 401k match, low pay, minimal professional development, and lack of opportunity to move up
Good and Well
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2015
Webco, is definently a place to make money and I love working here, but it can get stressful. It is a minnumum of 40 hours a week with good pay and paid vacation, so I cannot complain.
Pros
Pay, Vacation
Cons
Stressful
Warehouse duties with overhead cranes
Inventory Clerk/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 7, 2015
I learned warehouse duties and inventory. shipping and receiving products coming the warehouse. Not much incentives and turnover in workforce.
A good place to work.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAJuly 15, 2015
This is a steel tube manufacture that has some really big customers in the Automotive industry. The tolerances are tight and the work load is steady except in the winter where it slows down.
Challenging place to work but worth it.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 15, 2015
Often you hear about places that will give you as much as your are willing to put in. This company is one such place. Here are a few points about the company.

First thing you have to understand is every plant is ran differently. This shows if you drive a fork truck and must re-certify per plant. So your experience will be different per plant.

Second is you'll be on your feet for 12 hours a day unless you have a job in the office or are a yard worker who gets to sit down. This is a no exception rule as chairs are not located anywhere on the production floor.

Third you'll move up as much as you work towards it. This company doesn't want a mindless bee worker. They want you to be educated and will pay for you to go to school. They do high level training and it shows. If you need to change your schedule due to school they are very accommodating

Fourth they are one of the few companies that you'll find that put their employees first over profits. However don't be surprised with a lay off. While they will try to keep you employed as much as they can if you work in a non skilled area and haven't put time or effort into the company you won't last.

Fifth the main plants operate 24hrs a day. Don't be surprised if they move you to nights after working a few months. At least they didn't lay you off so they like you enough to keep you,

Sixth they operate an old school mentality when it comes to time off. You'll read that people don't get a lot of time off. This is true as you won't get paid time off until a year then you'll get a weeks worth of vacation to act also as
  more... sick time. You'll then get an option to buy a weeks worth that will work out like "Your weekly pay"/52 taken out of your check. You'll get 10 points to use for non paid time off and being late. Late for this company is 6:00:01. Ideally they want you clocked in 15 minutes before your shift. FYI you won't get paid for doing so unless you actually work.

Seventh don't expect your boss to know more than you. Your boss is put in the position he is because he can manage people. You'll end up knowing more about the machine than your boss and you should be okay with this. As Webco is at the forefront of automation the machines maybe from the sixties but the mechanics will be new and improved. So much so that you'll have to keep on your toes when the engineers come to make the machines work faster, better, stronger.

So remember these points: Your experience will vary per plant, you will be on your feet for 12 hours a day so get comfy insoles, you'll get as much as you put in, they will work with you until the end if they lay you off, they run 24hrs a day so be prepared to work nights if needed, they are old school with old school benefits, Don't expect the guys above you to know more than you just remember they are there to take the blame if something goes wrong.
Pros
Old school company values, Tuition reimbursement, Promotions, Personal HR depending on plant, Automation, Big company small company values
Cons
Old school company values, Long days, Lay offs
Fast paced work environment, no focus on family
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2015
At their Tulsa Distribution warehouse, they have various tasks you may do, from cutting steel/copper nickel tubes, bending heat-exchanger tubing, creating fin tubes, or various quality checks of said tubes. It is is a fast paced work environment, but lacks a balance between work and home life. Work weeks are typically around 40 hours, but during high-production times can go up to 72 hours a week and can last months on end. Vacation is allowed based on company needs and if a long planned event may interfere with production, vacation can be denied up to the the day before. For a 12 hour work day, there are 2 breaks; one 15 min break and a 30 minute lunch. Upward mobility is difficult to obtain. They work on the buddy system and not who would be better fit for a particular job.
Pros
decent pay and healthcare is reasonable.
Cons
no upward mobility for hard workers
Long work weeks with very little upward mobility.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 29, 2014
Depending on the facility, work weeks can be 60-72hrs in a fast paced, demanding environment. There is very little upward mobility and the opportunities to move into managerial positions are slim to none. The emphasis of work over family life is always present, as taking time off for holidays or family events(such as one's own wedding) is never guaranteed even when planned months in advance.
Pros
decent pay and healthcare is reasonable.
Cons
little room for advancement and no emphasis on family.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Orange TexasNovember 6, 2014
Good people, management could use some work. People work well together, employees treated good and the pay is decent.
Clean
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  MannfordNovember 5, 2014
12 Hr. Days
Learned how to make tube.
Awesome people.
Hardest thing was standing 12 Hour a day for 4 or 5 days on concrete.
Most enjoyable was the 3 day weekends.
Pros
willing to train
Cons
pay is low
Fun workplace, Comfortable workplace
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXSeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of hard work and dedication. I learned how to operate an over head crane via remote. Learned how to bend tubes using a machine. Learned how to tell the difference between different types of elements and different heating temperatures that was needed to heat the material. My co-workers were nice,easygoing people that didn't mind helping out when i needed help. The hardest part of the job was really nothing. The job wasn't hard at all if you like to work. The most enjoyable part was getting paid and working for my money.
Great Local Employer
Tube Bender Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2014
Aside from working nights enjoyed the typical day at work, completing bend orders for heat exchangers.
Enjoyed the experience.
Fin Tech (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 13, 2014
I enjoyed my time at St John. They have a good support staff. My coworkers were always helpful.
NDT Technician
Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kellyville, OKApril 26, 2014
Perform Non-Destructive testing utilizing EC/ET, UT, and RT to locate and eliminate flaws in tubing.
Great Place to work
Traffic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2014
Webco is a great place to work. I started off as a Warehouse Tech and in less than a year I became a Traffic Analyst for the Tulsa Distribution Center. I enjoy the people that I get to work with everyday and they are very flexible with your work schedule.
Stable Work Environment
Team Representative/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKJanuary 27, 2014
Excellent management, must invest time in company to advance, good pay for work required
Pros
set schedule, great management
Cons
12 hour shifts, 401k matching weak
A decent place to work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKOctober 19, 2013
Webco is a good place to work if you like stability and enjoy the exact same environment everyday. The people are great to work with, and the management could be better. In the time i have been here I've had the pleasure of learning and experiencing the manufacturing world, but unfortunately I feel as if I've hit a ceiling on how far the company will take me. The hardest part about working here would have to be the 12 hour shifts on your feet, the work its self however is very easy.
good team on c shift
orbital welder (Former Employee) –  Kellyville, OKSeptember 30, 2013
edit/weld stainless tubing,learned orbital welding,how to use SAP to document all activities,enjoyed working w co workers,hardest part of job was working under staffed,best part of job were the people
Pros
indoors, clean work environment
Cons
understaffed, medium pay scale, was topped out at 16 /hour
human resources nightmare down with the tyrant
material handler (Former Employee) –  Reno paMay 8, 2013
I liked the job & people I worked with but if u happen to apply there in venango county work in Reno u still have to deal with oil city office though.My only complaint the person who is the Head of human Resources is not professional she's loves showing her power firing people for petty stuff too so if u have family problems & have to miss to bad my manager told me I could have off since we were slow & they were trying to get volunteers so I did my son was sick went in the next day she fired me even though it had nothing to do with her but guess they like to throw you out after u bleed for them
S.H is still running things there apply elsewhere
Pros
profit share ok pay
Cons
work i hard, stress, human resources, 12 hrs a day no life outta work
long hours 5 days a week 12 hour days 120 in shop
Weld Mill Helper (Former Employee) –  Mannford, OKMarch 18, 2013
this place was not at all what i expected its not a easy to do job lots of heat and if you were not carefull and stand back you could get hurt quick
Pros
days off
Cons
long hours little rewards