WebMD

WebMD Employee Reviews

Contract jobs are no fun
HTML/XML Content Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: It was a job
Cons: We were seperated from other groups, and teams
I worked through an agency. Right after we finished updating the website they let the three of us go. This was a project that we migrated content to a new website so they hired a team of three to use XML and photoshop to update the new content. I loved the hour breaks. I was escorted by security out of the building the day the contract ended, it was embarrassing that they did it that way. They could have just told us the contract ended. The project was tedious because we had to strip and parse content so that useful information could be used for the new website. It was monotonous after a while but that was what we were hired for and we did it well.
Very laid back but professional environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2015
A typical day at WebMD for me was taking inbound calls from customers with inquries regarding their personal accounts and resolving account issues. Working at WebMD I learned alot about Sharepoint and Health Questionnaires. I absolutely loved my management team! They were all really down to earth and professional. My co-workers were also joyable to work with. Everyone treated each other with kindness and proper respect at WebMD. My job was very smooth sailing, but if i had to say if there was anything difficult starting out I would say the lengthy questionnaires and having being the scheduler and also doing the questionnaires could get a little hectic sometimes. I overall loved every single part of my job! I really enjoyed going to work everyday.
Productive, health conscience, and fun environment.
Health Educator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Workout room and discounted membership to an offsite gym.
Cons: Sitting down the majority of the day.
WebMD is a very diverse environment. A typical day involves challenges geared towards productivity, quality and sometimes employee health/fitness. Management is always looking for new ways to motivate employees.
Big highly recognizable name & company, but disorgnaized and poorly managed
Senior Director of Government Services (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2015
WebMD does not function as most online web companies/portals and they are still stuck in the old mold of just trying to sell advertising to bio/pharma.
They did not understand many new business segments/lines of revenue and would not accept advice from experts, whether internal or external.
Productive and fun place with Free Starbux coffee
Sr. Data Analyst (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 8, 2015
Fun place to work, Good Team mates good technology , flat management, no offices , all cubicles. Typical work day is 9-5.
Abundant tea and coffee and choices including fresh free starbux coffee.
Laid back, non-stressed working environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Carmel, INMarch 6, 2015
This is a great job for healthcare professionals that want to branch away from insurance or clinical settings. Patient education is encouraged for health coaches and rewards program.
Easy Going
Specialist/Proposal Writer (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2015
Working at WebMD was a breath of fresh air coming from Life & Disability Insurance.

The team is small enough to get to know everyone; had a startup feel which is very different for Portland, OR.

Not a ton of room for advance unless someone quits. Lack of communication.
Enjoyed working for this company, the co-workers and managers were nice and fair people
Consumer Support Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Very professional place to work, If you work hard there were opportunities for advancement. They had flex hours for the employees. They gave weekly training sections on any new changes in the company. The hardest part of this employment was, we were not given any warning that the business was closing, and I had to look for other employment.
enjoyable position
Property Inspector (Current Employee), West Memphis, ARJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: interesting
Cons: weather
Enjoy being out from house to house inspecting property. Seeing new homes. Meeting new people. Finding new homes on the market..
fun workplace, productive
Health and behavioral coach (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 13, 2015
The work environment at WebMD was a lot of fun. Employees were great, management was great, overall it was an enjoyable job. It was great that each employee was in charge of his or her productivity, hours, and schedule. There was always opportunity for improvement and compensation for adding credentials and for making quota.
The hardest part of the job would be having to be on the phone and seated at the desk all day. It can get a little monotonous some days but getting to speak with different people all over the country and in different parts of the world makes for some fun conversation!
Excellent place to work at
Project Coordinator & Lead Performance Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
Excellent culture and I have nothing but fond memories working here.
Good Place
Health Coach (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2014
Fun environment when working the call center. Co-workers are great and they help you adjust to the fast pace easily.
Fun Place to work, nice environment
Associate Campaign Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 3, 2014
Learned how to manage and produce complete projects, nice fast paced environment, great atmosphere.
Cold corporate culture
Director of Strategic Accounts (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2014
Very matrixed & siloed organization. General attitude of arrogance and being out of touch with the market.
Front Office Manager
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great hours, great locations, great co-workers
Cons: temarary position
Answer phones, greet guests/costumers, invoicing, ordering facility and office supplies, meeting arrangements and catering orders, various miscellaneous projects as they arose.
call center environment
Electronic Data Interchange Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2014
continuous phone contact inbound and outbound, customer service, resolving issues and problems in regards to electronic billing, educating provider offices and hospitals about electronic billing
Great teams
Data Center Operations (Current Employee), New York City, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: too many managers
Teams within WebMD are extremely knowledgeable and willing to reach out and help.
WebMD is fantastic
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2014
Great work environment. Wonderful people. Pretty good work/life balance.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INAugust 4, 2014
I enjoyed going to work everyday, it was like working with family.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Indianapolis,INJuly 17, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: temporary, work hours
I loveeee working for WebMD I wish it was automatically a full-time position. Its the most laid back easiest(once you get a hang of it) job I ever worked for. Great people, team leads, senior reps etc!

1 2 3

About WebMD

House calls are a browser click away thanks to this online doctor. WebMD Health Corp. is a leading Web publisher of health information – Read more

WebMD Salaries