WebMD Employee Reviews

A great place if you're related to someone in management
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2017
Hierarchical and siloed, petty and political, WebMD does not live up to what you'd expect from such a well known brand. It's worse because it disappoints on almost every level. The company culture rewards political maneuvering and "keeping up appearances" at the expense of creativity and true achievement.

You might find the training valuable, if you're an entry level employee looking to add a big brand to the resume.

Otherwise, dare not even suggest that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.
Pros
Good brand for resume
Cons
Politics, nepotism, antiquated views on revenue, consumer experience and content.
Great People; Bad Management
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2017
The people I worked with were what made working there worthwhile. However, the executives are out of touch with their audience and employees. Short-term gains were valued over long-term success.
Pros
The People
Cons
The Executives
Great team and innovative culture
Western Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 14, 2017
We built and sold secure platforms to hospitals and physicians. Very innovative team. We won several very large contracts at major institutions across the US.
Meaningful work
Senior Producer (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
A successful brand due to the dedication of all who work there. The fast-paced environment is not for everyone, but the work is rewarding. The culture varies from team to team and depending on the city where you work, so the experience of one may not apply to all.
Pros
Compensation, flexibility
Cons
Innovation is hard to affect
Worst management
Interactive Web Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
My days at this job was spent looking over my shoulder.
I learned how politics can destroy the creativity, team, motivation, moral and innovation of a department.
Management needs improving as they allow many unqualified employees to play politics to get ahead. The office politics is a weight that doesn't allow innovation or the people who truly work hard to go anywhere unless they make "friends" with the right people. This type of culture seems to be unchecked by upper management.
The most enjoyable part of my job are some of the people I've gotten to know there.
Pros
Not a lot of late nights
Cons
Stress of office politics, upper management seems uninterested.
Good people but poor management
Information (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 7, 2017
Really enjoy the people I work with but the management is horrible. They tend to keep ineffective leaders and really bad managers to the point that the good people working there eventually end up leaving.
Director, Project Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
This place has challenged me and showed me some opportunity for advancement. It's definitely the place that you can shine if you are willing to do the work to make it happen.
Pros
gym
Cons
no free lunch
Awesome Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2017
The crew here really makes sure you know what you're doing, and if you do it well-- they'll hire you on full time. I really hated that they only do their hiring through staffing agencies. It makes it so much harder to know what you're getting up front. Plus, none of the staffing agencies pay the same, so you'll be making much less than others around you if you've gone through the wrong agency.
Good work env
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2017
Good work culture and scope to learn new technology and scope for career advancement.

good support from peers and understanding leadership
nice benefits and flexible timings.
Pros
innovative products
Cons
na
Good communication with contract workers
Contract editor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2017
My stint at WebMD was as a contract worker. The nature of the job didn't give me a lot of insight into the function of the company, but people are easy to work with and have clear guidelines of what they expect.
Innovators Beware
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 26, 2017
WebMD is a technology company that doesn't know anything about technology. They are so well positioned in the market that operations are as efficient as the DMV. The majority of the work done by any team is damage control. If they put more effort into a clear plan and simple processing steps then this would not happen. Instead, meeting a customers needs is a complicated, undocumented, 100 step process.

If you are going to work at WebMD make sure you get paid 10% more than your market value. You will need this extra income because you will not be learning any transferable skills while at WebMD or Medscape. Also, they have a reputation of treating their employees poorly. I was told this before I started. It's true and contractors are treated worse then employees.

The people you work with will likely be great. In order to do well, put your head down and learn the steps you need to perform. Don't bother trying to make improvements, your suggestions will land at the feet of an over worked middle manager who needs to spend 50 hours a week plugging holes in the ship with tape and bubble gum.
Decent
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 19, 2017
After a tumultuous couple of years, WebMD and WebMD Health Services seems more stable. Focus has been becoming competitive vs. relying on their reputation. I am hopeful for the future, although constant change and restructuring can be challenging. But, change is necessary to be competitive.
Pros
Good direction
Cons
Large company- can feel disconnected. Professional growth opportunities can be limited
Great people, no room for growth
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
The people I work with on a daily basis are great, however there is no room for internal career growth. It is a great place to learn the industry and the digital landscape.
Great stepping-stone
Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Open workspace is not the best due to noise and loud managers. Most people are good to work with, so long as they know what their responsibilities are.
Pros
Free fruit, snacks, barista bar, Dental Plan
Cons
401k match is not great, Managment is weak, Health Coverage is pricey, Vision Plan is VSP (not my favorite)
Productive and a Great Place to work.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2017
I was here for 17 years, That should speak for itself. I became a professional Field Serve Engineer through the guidance of this company. I became polished at dealing with clients, skilled at diagnosis of system problems of any kind, and very efficient at repairing an issue promptly. I enjoyed the staff and my time with them.
was able to watch Tampa Bay Bucs practing
Account Manger (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Medco was a very learning experince.My postion as Account Manger, handle of 144 doctors payroll. The carrer was very changeling and learned a lot about accounting and processing payroll insunce of doctors office
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough time in the day
Professional work environment, fun place to work, good support system.
ETL Tester (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Innovative, presents new challenges every. Allows employees to think independently and become a critical problem solver. Management is easy to approach.
Pros
Free lunches
Worked at a job I felt overqualified to have
Health consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2016
WebMD was a wonderful company for support, benefits and friendliness. I learned a lot and felt I helped a lot of people. I did not like having to be on the phone for most of the day. I realized I prefer more of a hands on face to face position.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Monotony of tasks, underchallenged
Great place to work.
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2016
Daily administrative duties and operational tasks. Learned a lot of behind the scene operational initiatives from management. Co-worker, I feel they should examine and deep dive the root cause of the unhappiness in the facilities department. Hardest part about the job was leaving anything undone or incomplete because the company is great. Most enjoyable was being able to exceed expectations and meeting deadlines.
Pros
Salary, nice co-workers on the floor, nicve location in Atlanta.
Cons
Communication could be better.
Good Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2016
Good Place to work except they did not extend our contracts. They bought pizza and always had food out. Good Managers. Hospital employees. I wish I could have been a hire up. Its a great culture to work in.