Webster Bank

Webster Bank Employer Reviews

Great coworkers always willing to help eachother
Bank Teller (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 29, 2014
This was a part time peak teller position where the branch location changed and the job position was dissolved. I'd would work for Webster again if given the opportunity in another department.
Outsourcing IT
IT (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 20, 2014
IT department is being dismantled and off shored piece by piece. Office filled with contractors, temps and vendors. No long term security whatsoever.
Fast paced environment with productive and friendly working culture.
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Bristol, CTMay 5, 2014
Currently I am working in a fast paced work environment with a friendly and fun working culture which helps for a quality product.
Great first job
Teller (Current Employee), SeekonkApril 17, 2014
Pros: food, customers
Cons: not enough hours given
Honey Dew Donuts was my first job when I was fifteen up to seventeen years old. I learned basical skills for any workplace; how to handle customers and the start of customer service. The co-workers at this job were great and managment as well. Hours were had to get at this job however, which caused me to leave some time after. The job is itself was – more... good. – less
Working at Webster Bank was an expereince to understand the banking domain
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTApril 4, 2014
My typical working day would depend upon what Software Development Life Cycle I am in, I would typically start my day by reviewing my outlook and see if there are any meeting to attend.
The challenges which i faced at the project was to understand the changing business dynamics.
Fun, Fast pace enviroment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Ansonia, CTFebruary 8, 2014
Short days
Every other Saturday off
Great experience
Open All Types of account
Get to know regular customer by their first name
Busy work environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WI 53081December 31, 2013
Nice people to work with. Good training program. Never ending opportunities to learn. Sometimes hard to manage your time with increasing call volumes, but it is good to be busy. I enjoy talking to people all over the country.
great work place, great people to work with.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), New Bedford, MANovember 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits as soon as you hired. paid holidays, vacation, and company match of 401k
Cons: sales back in 2008 after economy crash was very difficult.
Loved working in customer service. responsible for large amounts of cash. Maintained customer confindentiality. The team at the branch always worked together and we had regular training to keep up with rates and policies.
ability to advance my knowledge of the financial field
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Newington, CTNovember 5, 2013
Pros: able to benefit my customers with recommendations that best fit their needs
At Webster Bank, I was provided with the opportunity to advance my career based on my ability to perform with attention to detail and leadership skills. Developing the ability to follow requirements required by the bank and government entities.
I learned about many products and was able to recommend products and services that would benefit my customers.
BANK
Teller (Former Employee), East Windsor, CTOctober 28, 2013
GREAT FOR THOSE JUST OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL OR STILL IN COLLEGE OR MORE STEADY IN LIVES
I like when at the end of the day my cash draw is accurate.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), New Britain, CTOctober 28, 2013
Pros: i like when i am recognize for the great job that i did.
Cons: when i misplace cash not in the appropriate place in the register.
It is like any other job I punch in and get started for the day. I realize there are many routine to cover as a teller to get the customers out the door and serve them well. My manager was very understandable and fair. And set a great example for all of us as workers. The hardest part of the job was to make sure everything in the draw and dealing with – more... the customers is always accurate. Furthermore, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting things right all the time. – less
I needed a change from the scanning of documents. I needed variety in a position.
POST-CLOSING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Cheshire, CT 06410October 24, 2013
Pros: the position needed variety.
Cons: departments were being transferred to a locatio not very good to drive to.
I was applying to other departments, since this position needed some variety.
Good career path
Senior Teller Operations (Former Employee), CTOctober 14, 2013
Pros: workable company balancing life styles
Cons: it can be unsafe at times
Very fast paced environment
Have mastered many skills
Good customer service experience
fun atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTOctober 1, 2013
great team due to branch manager
tenure employees
hardest part of job is meeting goals. Goals are constantly being increased.
the most enjoyable part is the face to face interactions with customers
Great Company
Inbound Call Center Acct Specialist (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great benifits, helping people, working with a team
Cons: extreme performance time expectations to give excellent customer service
A very fast paced job with extreme expectations on call times and in between time expectations.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTSeptember 24, 2013
Webster Bank is a great place to work. They have a good product lineup, with something for everyone.
Webster
Teller (Former Employee), Riverside, RIAugust 30, 2013
Not a bad place to work. The major issue is the managerial inconsistency between branches. Mostly, this company has great values, fantastic co-workers, and great benefits.
great experience
Commerical Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), west hartford center ctAugust 29, 2013
Pros: can learn alot excellent work ethics
Cons: always having to push customers to open accounts
I loved working there always doing something learning new things, however if you did not meet our goals for opening new savings and checking accounts you will get written up and it does effect your yearly raises
Productive work environment, friendly co-workers.
Team Leader/Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTAugust 28, 2013
Pros: was able to train new employees. great benefits and healthcare.
Cons: dealing with the stress of agitated customers
Training new employees was most enjoyable part of the job. Having to take over highly stressed and escalated calls was the hardest part of the job. Learned if treat the customer the way you would want to be treated an enjoyable experience will happen.
poor management
ACH Representative (Former Employee), Bristol, CTAugust 26, 2013
Pros: the work was fun (to me)
Cons: mean supervisors
I worked in two different branches of this company and in both places my direct supervisors were rude and condescending and several times just outright mean. I left the company because of this.

1 2 3

About Webster Bank

Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, N.A. With $20 billion in assets, Webster provides business – Read more