Webster Bank Employee Reviews

N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 8, 2017
Horrible management! Horrible management! Horrible management!! The manamgement team was horrible and did things out of spite. I wouldn't suggest HSA Bank to anyone.
Wonderful
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 8, 2017
If you are going to work at a bank, work at Webster. It is competitive with sales, but relaxed enough where you are not micromanaged and don't have to worry about being fired if you don't meet your goal. Everyone is extremely friendly and supportive, and you can absolutely make a career here. However, you do start low on the totem pole, and it does take time to advance. Working on the teller line sometimes makes me feel like I'm practically working at McDonalds, which is frustrating for someone with a degree. It is also frustrating to see managers above you without degrees... so Webster is a great option for someone who skipped college and wants to work their way up. Lastly, I like that Webster is regional, and the headquarters are right here in CT!
Pros
Salary, benefits, company culture
Cons
Slow advancement, practically retail
Great Company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTDecember 5, 2017
Webster Bank has a great atmosphere and it is a pleasure to work for them.

All lines of business are collaborative.

Senior management is fantastic. They want us to do what is best for our customers!
fooze ball and nice refridgerators
Receptionist - Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Webster, however as a temporary employee I did not receive any benefits or any paid holidays. The culture is friendly, but the management leaves a lot to be desired. They promote from within, no matter what great accolades and skills you may possess. You may receive from fellow employees, unless you work in their call center, and still there are no guarantees. Also no parking and you must pay for your own as new employee.

Overall the employees were very nice and easy to work with.
The management needs to have improvement regarding communication, and what is expected of their employees
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
communication isn't good between managers and dept heads
Banker
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 1, 2017
Working at a regulated institution for 5+ years got to be pretty rhythmic, meaning that the prior thirty days looked a lot like the next thirty days, and the next, etc. Very repetitive, minimal change.
Cut throat and competitive
Teller/Member Services (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 25, 2017
You are expected to up sell all the products and meet a quota every week. If you didn't meet the quota you were basically told the next person can do better than you. Not very good job security if you can't sell.
If you like to sell products that people don't need. This is the job for you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longmeadow, MAOctober 24, 2017
We had to call companies from the yellow pages. I had to ask every customers if they had a credit card. Offer them our Credit Card. At the end of the day we had to go on a conference call for the entire Market and report what we had in sales. If I was paid like a sales person that would be one thing but they did not. You hit your goals for the month then you could get a pay out. If a customer did not keep enough money in the account by the 3rd month then the payout you received would be sub-tracked from that months payout.
You were not aloud to disagree with anything management said.
Pros
free checking account, co workers
Cons
unattainable sales goals
Terrible experience
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTOctober 18, 2017
They lack leadership at the regional level. This place was a micro management nightmare. Everything is about sales not personal at all. Very difficult to achieve incentive. Attrition rates are skyrocketing due to the lack of direction.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Comment on Interview Process - HSA Bank
Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2017
They are interviewing you, you are not interviewing them. They lack empathy, and to me that means zero work-life balance. I went through 5 interviews and then nothing..
HR paints this picture of it being a great company, there job, but every moment I spent time with the interviewers, they each disclosed drama going on. The marketing manager was aggressive and dismissive. I dodged a bullet
Productive and engaging workplace
Contract Writer (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CT, and homeOctober 6, 2017
great place to work. exceptional culture stemming primarily from bank's leadership. entire organization very committed to customers and surrounding community
Pros
exceptional cutlure
Cons

Want to know more about Webster Bank?

Ask a question
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2017
Great, faced paced, Great pay and flexible hours private work station, great managers, cafe downstairs, mandatory overtime. Worked Mon- Friday shift opened 24-7
Very nice company to work for.
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2017
My typical day consists of answering incoming calls with very minimal outbound calling. I learned how to be very patient and listen to customers concerns. The most enjoyable part is the fellow employees. Very friendly and helpful "team" environment.
Pros
Free drinks all day. Excl sofa
Cons
Management recognition.
Gets stressful at times
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RISeptember 14, 2017
I would recomend this employer but I fell that you must be able to adapt because the job is always changing. You must be able to think on your feet and have a sales backround
Pros
hours
Cons
understaffed
It was something new
Packer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 12, 2017
It was something new and different I never work at this place before but it was easy and I coauthor on real fast and the people out there were very nice
Pros
Something new
Cons
Worked at night
Bank is okay
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 6, 2017
The bank offers good benefits and a solid system in place to train employees and try to help them succeed. The problem is they will force sales pressure down your throat no matter if you do well or poor.
Benefits
Cons
Sales Pressure
Micromanaging Nightmare
Banking Center Manager I (Current Employee) –  Somers, CTSeptember 5, 2017
When I first began at Webster it was just like every other financial institution I had previously worked at. Then suddenly, everything changed. I was part of the Boston expansion which was an incredible opportunity. After this event, was when things changed. No work/life balance, mandatory call nights, stretch goals, an overwhelming amount of stress and zero direction. This has made it very difficult to lead my team and maintain my sanity as not only a manager but a wife and mother as well.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Upper Management
Community Culture
Universal Associate Banker Float (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 26, 2017
Like one big family and very in to the community, and giving back,,, Good environment and culture to work around... Very competitive environment.. sales driven but also customer service driven...
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2017
Its a great company if you have the right people behind you. Things change quickly constant updates so its important to keep up. Good PTO and good benefits.
Pros
if you are lucky you will get a good manager
Cons
not all management is consistent
very fun a good learning experience
Part Time teller as well as rotating teller (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CT 06770August 15, 2017
I got a job here working only on Saturdays as a teller, then during the summer I would rotate working in place of people that where on vacation. when I turned 18 I began looking for something more permanet and didn't find within the company, thats when I got the job at bank of American and they told me that I would have to quit due to conflict of interest.
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
not enough hours
Webster Bank
Senior Systems Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 15, 2017
Overall a good place to work for. Flexible around work/life balance. Some opportunity for advancement. Sometime difficult to get resources needed to work effectively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webster Bank. Our community is ready to answer.