Webster Bank Employee Reviews

The ability to speak with many different people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoy most the satisfaction of solving the customer's problem/questions they may have. I enjoy working with such a great team, however I feel management needs improvement.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER/TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Extremely demanding position, great incentives. Upper Management recognizes your work.
Great company to work for. Loved the customers!
Work and life balance no longer the same
Market Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford County, CTJanuary 6, 2016
Bank was diversified and appreciated family relationships in the past. Since going commercial that has been lost.

Employees are no longer recognized for great success and has become a numbers game.
Pros
Team is like family
Cons
Work and life balance is not possible
Excellent work environment
Sr. Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WADecember 14, 2015
Enjoyed working at Webster Bank. Excellent training and staff. Worked 8 - 5 Monday thru Friday. Very busy office. Underwriting turnaround time was 24 - 48 hours.
Webster Bank
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTDecember 4, 2015
Typical day at office in at 8am sometimes you miss lunch, work until 530pm mon, tue, wed, and thur, fri 8am to 630pm and sat 800am to 230pm. no family time. long hours.

learned how to multi-task teller line to platform when we had enough help. company is eliminating the tellers completely

Co-workers were great but no power to do anything.

doing everything, jack of all trades and not getting payed what you are worth.
Pros
two weeks vac, no sundays
Cons
long hours, your just a number, low pay
Webster Bank
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 1, 2015
A typical day consisted of over 8 hours of phone answering phone calls. Providing all aspects of information in regards to an HSA, to include but not limited to, the Tax laws. I leaned how to type messages in regards to each phone call while still beig on the call. Plus, their computer system. The hardest part of the job was having to work late nights and mandatory overtime. I have a 13 year old son that I like to be for late night. The best part of the job the deversity of the customers that I helped.
Pros
Customers and Co-Workers
Cons
Late Nights
Good company
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 23, 2015
Depts work and support each other .Management works with you and helps resolve any issue you may have.
Will work with employees on work issues and time off or work hours
Interesting work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 12, 2015
Grateful for the experience. I was able to develop a greater sense of professionalism and work ethic throughout my employment at Webster bank
Demanding & fast paced environment
Associate Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 7, 2015
Customer service oriented, company has a strong sense of community. Strong employee retention rate. Employees with exceptional skills get quarterly recognition.
great place to work
market operations coodinator (Former Employee) –  ct & maNovember 4, 2015
Actively involved in the communities that they serve. Concerned with the customers not just a number. Very compassionate in what they do and offer to customers and employees

Want to know more about Webster Bank?

Ask a question
Not bankers hours
Vice President/ Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 26, 2015
holidays and pto are great, long hours and high pressure sales. Not a good work life balance, mangers required to work 6 days
Pros
time off
Cons
micro managed
productive
Call Center Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2015
Supervisor not trustworthy, and want courtesy for clients/ customers but not for employees. Temporary employees needs more support and recognition.
Pros
perks for permanant hire.
Cons
Temps are temps for awhile
Great place to work and learn.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2015
Webster bank has it pros and cons just like any other company. In my own opinion they have a big opportunity when it comes to management. They should be more professional and better organized and have better goals and training procedure. I like the fact that I'm learning and developing myself in the finance industry.
Pros
work life balance is great or a least better than my previews jobs
Cons
Management is not so professional
No structure
Operations Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 6, 2015
Spend more time tracking the work you did & double checking other people's work than you do actual work. Work hard all year, complete goals & exceed expectations and only get a nickel raise. Pay is not fair for the work load. Business is growing faster than the company can handle because they can not keep employees. Huge turnover.
Pros
Lots of nice perks. Very flexible.
Cons
Pay, work load, no structure
Hectic and unbalanced work place
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wolcott, CTOctober 2, 2015
Poor upper management within branch. Company itself had a positive outlook and feel to it. Teller staff and assistant manager were great. Very number orientated, days were short which was the nice part of the job.
Very stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 28, 2015
Company is about increasing their revenue verses the customer experience. over worked employees that are very under paid. the expectation or job responsibilities change the longer you work there but no increase in pay only work load.
Pros
you can possibly make up for underpayment with over time and incentatives
Cons
monitored breaks and lunches, micro managed by your supervisor, not flexible with schedule
Productive and fun working environmnet
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 21, 2015
Staff was really great to work with. Everyone was friends and worked really great as a team. I had a fantastic store manager who taught me how to manage the staff once I became an assistant manager. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the entire job. The least enjoyable part of my job was people stealing from the store.
Great place to work but limited chance for advancement. Management staff was great and good working environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2015
The company has changed ownership several times so this review is only based on my personal experience. Excellent training program and fun place to work.
Pros
Great team experience, Comfortable work environment, and the pay was average to above for this type of collection position.
Cons
Unstable company ownership due to sales and mergers.
Strong regional bank with excellent reputation
Mortgage Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RISeptember 9, 2015
Enjoyed the flexibility of working from a home office.Management was supportive and available when needed. The customer interaction was the most fulfilling part of this position.
Non traditional bank
Assistant Trainer/ Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2015
Good place to work at if you enjoy working the banking and financial industry. Opportunity to grow and advance in the company. The company is growing at a face pace which causes policies and procedure to change almost daily so it's very important to be willing to adapt and change when need be.The best part of my job is training new hires to become contact center associates. I enjoy helping others and I feel its very important to be knowledgeable when in a contact center so customers are not receiving the wrong information.
Pros
Great management, great opportunity to advance