Webster Bank Employee Reviews in United States

A company growing with ethical standards
Associate Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, CTFebruary 17, 2016
Working for webster has been one of the best experiences I have had in my professional career. My coworkers and management are invested in your success and the teams success. They are willing to teach step by step and assist your development in any way. Sales can be tough to come by at first but your management will not stop coaching you until you succeed and even then they will still help you hone your skills.
No structure
Operations Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 6, 2015
Spend more time tracking the work you did & double checking other people's work than you do actual work. Work hard all year, complete goals & exceed expectations and only get a nickel raise. Pay is not fair for the work load. Business is growing faster than the company can handle because they can not keep employees. Huge turnover.
Pros
Lots of nice perks. Very flexible.
Cons
Pay, work load, no structure
This job could go either way
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2016
The thing that kept me going was my nice manager, co workers ,money, and benefits. This job is so much about selling company services, that every day you come to work, you feel the need to product push to every single customer you take because this seems to be the only way to ensure you make your quota. If your quota is not meant, beware because you will be harassed and made to feel like any day could be your last never mind the operation side of it all. Even if you are good at keeping your impossible quota, most of the time it still feels as if your walking on eye shells and you feel a bit uneasy because there is the need to try to keep it going, which sometimes feel like a far reach. On top of it all just to keep your motivated you are able to witness tons of your co workers either quitting or getting fired, another words everyone around you are dropping like flies.
Pros
DECENT PAY DECENT BENEFITS
Cons
SALES DRIVEN BUSINESS ONLY NUMBERS MATTER
Webster is struggling with their new culture
Connecticut- Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  WinstedApril 26, 2016
A new career awaited me at Webster after numerous years in retail.
Management at Webster assumes if you were in retail, you would be a great branch manager. Product training, support from upper mgmt, clear expectations set, disgruntled team were all part of my lack of success in this company after 3 months.

New Managers need a lot of training..NOT throw them in and make the goals. The goals are never available before the quarter begins.
Senior mgmt makes their own goals above and beyond what each banker needs to hit. Very topsy turvey. No consistancy.

I would not recommend pursuing a career at Webster while they are in this transition and confused as to what they want to be.
Pros
I now having banking experience
Cons
Management at all levels/pay for perfomance not objective.
Great place to work and learn.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2015
Webster bank has it pros and cons just like any other company. In my own opinion they have a big opportunity when it comes to management. They should be more professional and better organized and have better goals and training procedure. I like the fact that I'm learning and developing myself in the finance industry.
Pros
work life balance is great or a least better than my previews jobs
Cons
Management is not so professional
It's all about the sales.
C3 Banker (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 24, 2016
There is a disconnect between what they tell you during the initial interview, and what the organizational culture is like. They advertise "some sales", but a majority of what they're looking for is for you to make sure you're offering a sale on EVERY call.They are willing to work with you, but unless you can get the sales down, be prepared to get comfortable in your position.

The work day is routine, and easy to get used to. The customers are lovely, as is management and the staff.
Pros
Nice people, safe environment
Cons
Pushing sales above customer service
not a good place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2016
As I was employed there the store was going downhill with threats of closing down. The work days were long and dragging to to lack of customers partaking in shopping there. Merchandise was very scarce the hours were being cut dramatically.
Pros
I w as employed for 8 years there
Cons
needs new management and marketing strategies

Comment – March 8, 2016

I don't believe you have the correct company. HSA doesn't have store customers can shop at, it is a bank.

Awful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 16, 2016
This regional bank has looked to become sales aggressive but has failed to implement a strategy to back the managers when it comes to coaching, and developing the staff in terms of sales. As long as the bank continues to be confused with no clear direction then it will not grow to what it aspires to be. Big bank managers will not succeed in this environment being that sales is such a natural way of thinking for the larger banks.
Cons
Management, Strategy, Staff
Webster Bank
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTDecember 4, 2015
Typical day at office in at 8am sometimes you miss lunch, work until 530pm mon, tue, wed, and thur, fri 8am to 630pm and sat 800am to 230pm. no family time. long hours.

learned how to multi-task teller line to platform when we had enough help. company is eliminating the tellers completely

Co-workers were great but no power to do anything.

doing everything, jack of all trades and not getting payed what you are worth.
Pros
two weeks vac, no sundays
Cons
long hours, your just a number, low pay
Poor Leadership
Ops coord (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 17, 2016
This company has grown too fast for its small town management. You are better off applying at a small company in Sheboygan. Take my word, dont work here.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Everything else
Nice people, weak systems, low compensation
Portfolio Manager / Underwriter (Current Employee) –  New Haven CTFebruary 12, 2016
Nice people, weak systems, low compensation. Bank underinvested in systems and is still paying the price for that. Expense ratio too high.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Still has the DNA of a savings bank
The ability to speak with many different people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoy most the satisfaction of solving the customer's problem/questions they may have. I enjoy working with such a great team, however I feel management needs improvement.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Non traditional bank
Assistant Trainer/ Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2015
Good place to work at if you enjoy working the banking and financial industry. Opportunity to grow and advance in the company. The company is growing at a face pace which causes policies and procedure to change almost daily so it's very important to be willing to adapt and change when need be.The best part of my job is training new hires to become contact center associates. I enjoy helping others and I feel its very important to be knowledgeable when in a contact center so customers are not receiving the wrong information.
Pros
Great management, great opportunity to advance
Ehh
Associate Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 24, 2016
I worked for Webster for almost 6 years and it had its ups and downs but more downs than ups. My goal was to meet my 5 year mark and I did that and then left. Its rare that you find a good manager. My manager was TERRIBLE!! She was lazy and wasn't knowledgeable at all. In the matter of 2 weeks myself and 3 other employees put in our 2 week notices.smh
Pros
good benefits
Cons
terrible management
Productive and excellent learning environment
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 17, 2016
parttime employee. Learned the banking industry. worked iwell with my team in a team and group setting. The job was challenging and I learned banking skills. The most enjoyable part of the job giving access to customers using Oracle program
Standard Benefits, but difficult to advance
Associate Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 26, 2016
This is your pretty standard retail bank job. The benefits are standard for the industry. I joined this bank for the supposed opportunity to move up/move to different departments, but in reality it's very hard to do.
Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER/TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Extremely demanding position, great incentives. Upper Management recognizes your work.
Great company to work for. Loved the customers!
Awful
Associate Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CTJune 14, 2016
Too aggressive and sales focused. Not enough focus on the customers well being. Disconnect between Lower level associates and Market/Regional Managers.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Short breaks, Too aggressive with sales.
Great Experience
Associate Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2016
If your looking to get into banking then this would be a job for you. Hours that I worked not to bad. There is plenty room for advancement if this is your type of field.
Great Company
Senior Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2016
Citibank was a great place to work and great benefits. The employees were well taken care of. Management, if it hasn't changed, was very supportive and noticed hard work.

2.9