Webster Bank Employee Reviews

Great crew
JLL - Mobile Mechanic - Metro East Region (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 11, 2017
Excellent bunch of individuals to work with. I learned a lot and gain valuable experience which has aided me in today’s work force.
Pros
Cons
Conpensation
Great company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Larchmont, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed woking at webster bank. The staff was easy to get along with and everyone worked as one. The benefits were great alone with the compensation. Great company to work for.
Productive place to work in.
Associate Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  North Quincy, MAFebruary 3, 2017
Its culture and work environment is effective for employees to build grow mindset. We respect, trust and help each other. Its teamwork is significantly effective.
It was okay
TELLER I (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Being a teller was not that bad of a job. Unfortunately, the staff I was under was not great. I wanted to learn more and wasn't given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
location
Cons
no help to move forward
Fast Pace work environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 23, 2017
I would work very hard insuring that the customers were provided with excellent customer service. With the amount of work thats put in I don't think its appreciated by management
Pros
customer interactions
Cons
management was horrible
A typical day at work
Senior Coordinator - Operations (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 23, 2017
My high priority tasks for the day included reviewing potential fraud risks and freezing debit cards so a fraudster was unable to secure further funds.
Pros
The job itself, co-workers, and management that helped employees to succeed.
Great Company
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 23, 2017
Team environment, good values. The bank is growing with other markets to expand in the banking centers different products and services.
Exhausting
Sales and Service banker (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 17, 2017
No opportunity for advancement, the managers don't know what each other are doing, the HR team is abysmal, and the policies that they have in place are atrocious. I was let go due to a chronic illness that they knew about before hand, but because it broke their "attendance policy" they had no choice. I had hospital documentation, and dr. notes that were clearly from hospitals, along with all the bruising from the IV and blood draws, but 3 weeks before it would have been coverd under FMLA, they decided that it was too much, and I was no longer needed. Just a couple days before My birthday, and just before thanksgiving. Heartless group if i do say so myself.
Pros
Vacation time and competitve wages
Cons
everything else.
n/a
Associate Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT 06114January 17, 2017
Great place to work depending on location of bank. You have to enjoy sales since of course it is a be sales driven environment.
Great place to work.
Sr. Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIDecember 30, 2016
Great place to work with really good managers and great work life balance. Great location with a lot of awesome customers who trust you and your ability to make good decisions for their financials.
Pros
Short work days
Cons
Have weeks you work 6 days instead of 5.
Bank Teller/ Platform (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTDecember 29, 2016
I had a wonderful experience working at Webster Bank. My associates were awesome and we had a great team. I was sad to leave, but do keep in touch with a few.
Didnt like my supervisor
PERSONAL BANKER/ASST MGR (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYDecember 13, 2016
My co worker we wonderful people. we looked out for each other and we tried hard to make the day go by very well. My supervisor wasn't pleasant and didn't want me to do well she was very competitive and mean spirited. I love Webster Bank but not that particular person Yvette Layne.
Great coworkers, very dedicated
Vice President/Treasury Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 9, 2016
The best part of Webster was the employees. I have never worked with a more dedicated and terrific group of people.. The customer always came first.
Pros
Great employees/coworkers, my office was close to home.
Cons
very conservative company
Fun Place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 12, 2016
I was fortunate enough to work for this company. I learned a lot of new things especially work ethics in this company. People around were of friendly nature and management was strict but professional.
Friendly atmosphere for working
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 6, 2016
I love the ambiance around this company. Its been my pleasure to serve this company. In fact, Webster helped me a lot to achieve a significant goal in my career.
Unsettled
EVP (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 25, 2016
Many changes and work environment is unsettled. Too many changes for the sake of changing. Management seems not have a strong vision of the future.
This job could go either way
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2016
The thing that kept me going was my nice manager, co workers ,money, and benefits. This job is so much about selling company services, that every day you come to work, you feel the need to product push to every single customer you take because this seems to be the only way to ensure you make your quota. If your quota is not meant, beware because you will be harassed and made to feel like any day could be your last never mind the operation side of it all. Even if you are good at keeping your impossible quota, most of the time it still feels as if your walking on eye shells and you feel a bit uneasy because there is the need to try to keep it going, which sometimes feel like a far reach. On top of it all just to keep your motivated you are able to witness tons of your co workers either quitting or getting fired, another words everyone around you are dropping like flies.
Pros
DECENT PAY DECENT BENEFITS
Cons
SALES DRIVEN BUSINESS ONLY NUMBERS MATTER
Good work/life balance, heavy sales
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2016
Good place to work initially. Extremely heavy sales focus. Upper management can be intense. Difficult to advance within this company, especially to Branch Management level.
Pros
hours
Cons
upper management
N/a
Job (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 29, 2016
I do not approve of having to write a review of Webster Bank. I am only doing this because it is required to continue to the next section of the web site.
Great Experience
Associate Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2016
If your looking to get into banking then this would be a job for you. Hours that I worked not to bad. There is plenty room for advancement if this is your type of field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webster Bank. Our community is ready to answer.