Webster Bank

Webster Bank Employee Reviews

Really great place to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Riverside, RIJuly 21, 2015
Too bad theres no job advancement. I've seen people stay tellers for almost 7 years. Other than that it's alright.

One of my favorite banks to work at.
Call Center
Call Center/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Hard to meet center expectations without the threat of being let go.
Not a good place to work if you expect to be treated like an individual with a life outside of work. Extremely customer based without consideration for employee needs. You can expect to work 1:30 - 10:00 pm as a new hire. Earlier hour consideration given to employees with seniority. Be prepared to work long hours and weekends.
umprofessional and lack of leadership at the branch level
(BANK)- Universal Banker (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 12, 2015
Do not go near. Webster bank is all about who know nothing is based on merits. Total nepotism and a very biased company. Every one is covering for his friend. .
teller
Teller (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2015
making deposits and withdrawal checking checks helping with clients accts. working the ATM helping with paper work. working with great co-works
Good Bank but too many downfalls
Senior Universal Banker I (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2015
Webster bank is limited due to the fact it really only services the NY area and is limited to NJ residence only if they open a account. I feel that the bank has many defects as for out of date equipment and the customer service there is not good
Overall good place to work
Universal Banker (Current Employee), Cranston, RIJune 28, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: Half hour un paid lunch even with a 10 hr day
I float which means I travel from branch to branch. People are friendly not much room to advance as there corporate offices are in CT.
Poorly Run
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2015
I have worked in more that a couple call centers, and this is by far the worst one I have ever worked in. The upper management has their heads in the sand as to daily issues and problems with computer systems and standards of customer service. The focus is not on taking care of the customer, but on average handle time and making sure not to tell customers the truth about issues that are purely within the company. Representatives are left to make up excuses for problems customers experience. I always found it easy to work in call centers because for every one irate customer you would get, there would be 10 that you would be able to make happy. Working in this call center is just the opposite. For every one happy customer, you have to deal with at least 10 irate customers, try to smooth things over, and come up with an answer that will appease them. The pay leaves much to be desired for the amount of work that is expected, and the amount of responsibility that is put on workers. Mandatory over time causes reps to get burned out quickly, and the quality of people that have been getting hired in order to fill seats is also less than acceptable. I had high hopes when I took this job, but less than a year later, am being forced to look elsewhere.
Very unorganized work env.
Customer Service Rep. (temp) (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WiJune 17, 2015
Pros: Some very nice coworkers
Cons: Healthcare, low pay for the position, management lacking proper knowledge
The company is making huge changes, too quickly. Hiring unqualified persons and not properly training new hires. Overall a below average company in regards to health benefits and management.
Cash Handling and Account Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJune 13, 2015
Pros: Schedule allowed for nights and Sundays off
Cons: Poor Management and constantly understaffed
Routine banking transactions included deposits, withdrawals, and transfers. I learned how to maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations as well a adhere to Webster bank policies and procedures at all times to ensure company image remains in proper standing. Management was difficult considering we were short staffed during my entire employment. This caused stress on mine and my co-workers growth and development. The hardest part of the job was being able to have a genuine conversation with a customer when there was almost constantly a 10-15 person line waiting. The most enjoyable was when I did finally have the time and ability to really get to know our customers.
Excellent work environment for entry level Banking
Universal Banker (Current Employee), Manchester, CTMay 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work hours
Cons: Sales can sometimes be an issue during slower times of the year
A typical day at work consists of Processing teller transactions and assisting customers with their needs by offering products and services that will benefit the customer. I have learned an abundance of knowledge at Webster Bank including sales and face to face interaction as well as outbound calling efforts. I believe that the management at Webster bank is the best I have ever worked for. They are friendly, approachable, and understand concerns as well as push you towards your goals in a positive uplifting manner. The Co-workers at Webster Bank makes the work environment fun as well as professional. The Hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, however I have learned that putting yourself in that person's position and understanding their needs helps to resolve any issues more often than not.
Excellent place to work. Great CEO and Executive Staff
Loan Review Department Manager (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMay 22, 2015
Pros: Congenial atmosphere.
Cons: Long Commute
Excellent work environment. Strong team players. Executive management well respected. Conservative institution with solid performance over the last several years.
Webster
Branch Representative (Current Employee), CTMay 20, 2015
Will be better off working at a Credit Union. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out. The hardest part of the job is management.
Enjoyed working there
Lawson Specialist (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 11, 2015
Pros: Many
Cons: None
I had a great manager and was offered opportunity to not only work on Lawson application but also to support the Lawson Admin. I met a few very nice people. and enjoyed working for Webster Bank
Dead end
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYMarch 14, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: many
Company is definitely going to be eaten up by a larger bank in the near future. The way this place runs, I am surprised it has made it as long as it has. Everyone is out for themselves, and leadership is non-existent. It's a numbers game that is forced on everyone, but the only incentive to do so is to do it or lose your job. This place is beat and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Construction Lending
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Western Region USJanuary 8, 2015
A great program for construction to perm mortgages. Expanded from the Northeast to the Pacific Northwest and Southwest. Program was unique to industry at time of rollout.
fun
Cash Management Specialist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: nice co
I loved it nice people good environment
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Productive and fast paced environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WINovember 6, 2014
Supervised the operation department for HSA Bank (Health Savings Accounts) in Wisconsin office, evaluated processes for streamlining.
Nice place to work
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTNovember 2, 2014
Great people , good work life balance , great benefits , overall a great place to work.
great work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: no benefits
on a regular day packing and unloading the trucks and stuffing bags made into boxes on the line.
Typical phone support atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTOctober 23, 2014
Pros: camaraderie with fellow employees
Cons: working nights and weekends
The people I work with are the best part. There are a lot of good people here. Certainly, learned a lot about banking. Only bad part is the hours, working nights and weekends.
Industry