Webster Bank Employee Reviews

Float Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 9, 2017
Pretty nice place to work. All the branches are managed very well. The only exception would be some regional areas where the regional managers really try to force Teller's to sell CC and accounts. Never a good thing but no retail position in existence doesn't have CC to sell now.
nothing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2017
The staff is childish the supervisors are not that helpful or HR when you have a problem they allow you to work in a hostile work envorminent and tell you to wait on change to happen with people who have poor speaking skills who they promoted
Very challenging
Vice President / Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 1, 2017
I worked in banking for many years, and enjoyed it, until it became a sales industry rather than a service industry.
We were required to sell financial products simply to achieve goals set by the bank whether they were appropriate for the client or not.
nice place to work but they show have constant tranning
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  1515 RiverfrontMay 30, 2017
It was a nice company to work for and some of the coworkers were very helpful. Some leads werent helpful to the new people.
A typical day at work you are taking incoming calls and it very busy because it is tax stime. Customers wants copies of their 1099 statements and customers also need help on their transactions. The customers always needed help on online banking with resetting passwords.
One of the worst job experiences I've ever had.
Customer Care Center Banker (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMay 29, 2017
Would not recommend this place of employment to anyone...NOT even an enemy, Never enjoyed one day of working there. The supervisors assigned to help assist agents on the floor refuse to do their job when asked. Customers ask to speak to supervisors and they don't respond. A lot of push back is given when assistance is requested. Customers are rude and have NO idea how to manage their money. Bank wants agents to push credit cards on customers that consistently have negative balances. I could go on and on and on...
Pros
Cons
Poor manangement, Lack of respect for call center agents, Everything is sales based & customers are allowed to disrespect call center agents.
i feel that they need continous traninning for the employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 26, 2017
I was taking incoming calls on Health Saving Accounts and helping clients close accounts,go through their transactions.I also helped the clients register online with HSA Bank and gave their passwords and reset passwords. During tax season the phone lines where very busy and the clients needed their 1099 s, 5498 s emailed to them. I also helped with Brokerage accounts and did research on accounts.
Pros
They need to have contionous trainning.
nice place to work
Customer Contact Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2017
I do not want to write a review. The job is good. Its a job that i like. I am happy i started working here. I would reccommend this place to friends. It is a good job to have.
it WAS a good company to work for
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 12, 2017
Sales pressure has definitely been overwhelming. We mostly working 6 days a week with only Sundays off. Most branches have extended hours but even working 8-6:30 two days in a row can be exhausting. You cannot balance work and life working at this place
Pros
friendly management
Cons
horrible healthcare
Crazy sales goals and a lot of pressure
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, MAMay 11, 2017
cold calling customers and non customers to offer baking products and credit cards. Branches with no structure. everyone is a teller no matter you position, evaluation is only base on you sales not how you take care of the customer
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 8, 2017
It has been many years since I worked for Webster. It had a lot of room for growth. I started as a PT teller ending my time with them as an Operations Asst.
Fast paced environment and excellent team members
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for HSA Bank (subsidiary of Webster Bank) and leading a team of customer service agents. It was a daily challenge and privilege to support the agents and customers. It is an industry leader in health savings accounts.
Pros
good people and steady work
I enjoyed helping people especially if it could resolve a problem
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work involved opening branch, working with customers answering phones, opening accounts, closing accounts, making deposits etc. The workplace culture is very sales oriented and they seem to have forgotten to put the customer first although they say we should.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
benefits are not to good, healthcare, wages
Work Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 21, 2017
The culture behind Webster is good also the work life balance. Unfortunately its all about politics, and impossible to get out of a bad working environment.
Pros
good pay and work life balance
Cons
management and politics
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 13, 2017
Initially, I enjoyed working here, but when they made changes to the schedule, which called for longer hours on Saturday, it made it harder to balance work and family.
Incredible Sales Pressure & Old Tactics
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 2, 2017
They want you to call a ridiculous amount of customers a day via the phone numbers on file. I would work from 8 to 2 for a minimum of 30 hours a week and they would want me to call 10-15 customers to try and cross-sell. I asked if we could email instead because it is the much more preferred method these days and my manager said no. We were in a retail business plaza but my manager never wanted to visit any business then complained about how we didn't have any of the businesses in the plaza. If you don't mind harassing people on the phone while they are trying to relax then go for it.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Everything else
No Internal Promotions
Sr Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Somers, CTMarch 29, 2017
Employees are leaving because they are not being appreciated and external candidates are being considered for positions instead of promoting from within and building your talent pool and boosting morale.
Webster in Boston
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2017
No connection with Webster bank in CT. Poor work and life balance. Numbers drive/ lack of sales support. Except result with little brand awareness. Products are good.
Fun Work Environment
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Larchmont, NYMarch 21, 2017
Amazing team to work with. The Manager and assistant manager is amazing. They genuinely wants you to succeed and be the best you can be. Overall a great company to work with if you are looking into banking.
Fast paced and fun!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2017
Great fit for me, as I am familiar with high call volume call-centers. I learned to communicate with customers through online chat messaging as an alternative to phone calls to answer quick questions.
Minimum hours given.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CT 06010February 25, 2017
Minimum hours given. I like the environment but need to grow and there isn't growth available.

No hours to gain a full time position. However I did go to school so it worked out for me atm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webster Bank. Our community is ready to answer.