Webster Bank Employer Reviews

Depends what you want out of the position
Branch Manager II (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 14, 2013
Asking for big-bank sales numbers with limited staffing. Their main priority is centrally focused around operations. Webster's team of branches in RI is top-notch, but it seems as though no matter how well you perform, there are limited promotional opportunities within the RI/MA market. I am someone that is very sales and results oriented and felt boxed in with respect to advancement within the company.
A typical day at work
Bank Operations- Deposits (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIAugust 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: often short handed and have a lot of extra work because some just dont show up
A typical day at work would include entering a large volume of incoming deposits that are mailed to us from all over the USA. Not only do I enter deposits, but I do research requests, and also do Accounts Receivables, which are invoices that are being paid from companies. I have learned to work very quickly and efficiently with this position. I am able to work independently which is great also. The management at HSA are very flexible, and always work with our schedules to accommodate our needs. My coworkers and I work very well together and always help each other out where needed. I would say the hardest part of the job is the monotony at times, most of the time it doesnt bother me too much. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flex time, and the people I work with are generally very friendly and helpful.
Webster Bank is a great place to work
Bank Teller/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTJuly 29, 2013
I would recommend Webster Bank for anyone interested in banking. It's a wonderful environment with lots of new things going on.
Productive and a fun work place.
CSR / Teller (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch at times.
Cons: short luch breaks but it balanced the day out.
I loved working there and being able to help my customers was number one too me. My co- workers was wonderful.
A typical work place environment.
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee), Swansea, MAMay 23, 2013
Pros: enjoyed my job
Cons: re-organization eliminated my position
Enjoyed a different level of work, more in the process and budgeting of the department.
AWESOME COMPANY!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIMarch 30, 2013
Pros: hours, management
Cons: short breaks, pay rate
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR WITH AWESOME MANAGEMENT. WISH PAY WAS HIGHER THOUGH!
Teller Supervision (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMarch 8, 2013
A typical day at Webster Bank was constantly filled with many customers in a very fast paced environment. Management and co-workers worked well together to make the branch goals. I learned many different ways that customers will have problems and concerns that they need addressed. Not every customer has the same problem and need to be handled in a calm manner no matter how upset the customer is. I also learned that by staying calm the customer will eventually calm down as well and be able to have their probllem handled the way that they want it.
Energentic & Personable
Trainer & Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMarch 1, 2013
• Responsible for the delivery of initial new hire as well as ongoing training for the Webster Bank Customer Care Center. This included but was not limited to business, loan and online banking training classes to ensure that all employees have the knowledge to perform their position at optimal levels.

• Developed high quality materials including participant guides, worksheets, job aids, and facilitator manuals to aid in productivity and efficiencies.

• Reviewed, updated, and continuously improved new hire training curriculum, evaluation tools, activities and documentation that streamlined development while shrinking on boarding time.

• Communicated policies and procedures to the Customer Care Center; maintaining and updating procedures which kept staff informed of ongoing procedural changes.

• Provided coaching and guidance utilizing “best practices” which aided in employee growth to provide superior customer service delivery.

• Evaluated customer calls, online e-mails and chats that are received by the Customer Care Center bankers and scored them accordingly using our service standard guidelines that created a VIP experience to every customer.

• Facilitated calibration sessions to ensure that we a maintained consistency amongst the department while aligning ourselves with corporate objectives.

• Dedicated to ensuring employees were providing superior customer service by being an available resource and expert.
Fun
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Bristol, CTFebruary 9, 2013
good place to work. Grt cluture. Team is small but cooperative.
Competetive, great service, and opportunity in management
Personal Banker (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: sales, growth, etc
Cons: delay in advancement, etc
I believe there is growth in the company but, I would like to expand my options in other trades of work to seek challenging positions.
Customer Care Center
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: pay is decent, location convenient
Cons: work life balance non existent
This is good steady work if you do not have any other responsibilities.Benefits are great, pay not too bad. The center is open 7am-10pm 7 days a week. You must be at work, your job will be threatened if you want some time off even if you literally have a family member brought to the hospital in an ambulance. No one will switch hours with you either. There is also an invasive "wellness assessment" but it is optional. I opted out.
nice work enviroment
Packaging (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 24, 2013
cold worplace, its in a warehouse, nice people.. they had some great hours, monday- friday
Great work place
Assistant Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: drove to swansea a lot for meetings from stoughton
A typical day at work was always busy for me as I had a lot of responsibilities being that I was a tell supervisor. Got along with my fellow employees very well and my manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customers. I left as Harbor One was hiring for a CSR position which is what I always wanted and they offered me a higher salary'
Receptionist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 5, 2013
My typical day at work is pretty slow, I'm not given much work to do being a receptionist. I have learned at look of new things at Webster Bank besides just answering phones. The management at Webster can be a little better. My co-workers are nice. there is nothing hard about my job.
Teller II (Former Employee), East Windsor, CTDecember 19, 2012
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: wages
A typical day involved processing deposits, checks, etc.. It was a fast pace environment and was very enjoyable. The staff was very friendly as well as management.
No such thing as work/life balance at Webster Bank
Management (Former Employee), ConnecticutNovember 23, 2012
You work open to close and these are not banker hours. You can meet all your goals and it is never enough for upper management. And everyone is out for themselves, just saying watch your back.
Webster bank is a great place to work
IT Intern (Former Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 13, 2012
Pros: no free lunches, but it is a very friendly environment
Cons: break time is just normal
I was an intern at their datacenter in Bristol this past summer, Great place and great people to work with as well, your hard work and endeavor is also appreciated. But above all, you must have the right attitude.
Great person that I directly reported too.
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTAugust 30, 2012
Pros: if you needed a day for something, there was not an issue.
Cons: too many chiefs and too few indians.
Company has potential, but political correctness runs amuck here. Over-all a pleasant place to work at.
Productive Environment
Teller (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2012
I've learned a lot not only from the job itself but from my fellow co-workers.
Professional Place to Work
Senior ER Compliance Analyst/Officer (Current Employee), New Britain, CTAugust 21, 2012
A profession relaxed work atmosphere, business casual. Flexible hours for work life. Working directly with federal examiners.

About Webster Bank

Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, N.A. With $20 billion in assets, Webster provides business – Read more