Webster Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work and learn.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2015
Webster bank has it pros and cons just like any other company. In my own opinion they have a big opportunity when it comes to management. They should be more professional and better organized and have better goals and training procedure. I like the fact that I'm learning and developing myself in the finance industry.
Pros
work life balance is great or a least better than my previews jobs
Cons
Management is not so professional
No structure
Operations Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 6, 2015
Spend more time tracking the work you did & double checking other people's work than you do actual work. Work hard all year, complete goals & exceed expectations and only get a nickel raise. Pay is not fair for the work load. Business is growing faster than the company can handle because they can not keep employees. Huge turnover.
Pros
Lots of nice perks. Very flexible.
Cons
Pay, work load, no structure
Hectic and unbalanced work place
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wolcott, CTOctober 2, 2015
Poor upper management within branch. Company itself had a positive outlook and feel to it. Teller staff and assistant manager were great. Very number orientated, days were short which was the nice part of the job.
Very stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 28, 2015
Company is about increasing their revenue verses the customer experience. over worked employees that are very under paid. the expectation or job responsibilities change the longer you work there but no increase in pay only work load.
Pros
you can possibly make up for underpayment with over time and incentatives
Cons
monitored breaks and lunches, micro managed by your supervisor, not flexible with schedule
Productive and fun working environmnet
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 21, 2015
Staff was really great to work with. Everyone was friends and worked really great as a team. I had a fantastic store manager who taught me how to manage the staff once I became an assistant manager. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the entire job. The least enjoyable part of my job was people stealing from the store.
Great place to work but limited chance for advancement. Management staff was great and good working environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2015
The company has changed ownership several times so this review is only based on my personal experience. Excellent training program and fun place to work.
Pros
Great team experience, Comfortable work environment, and the pay was average to above for this type of collection position.
Cons
Unstable company ownership due to sales and mergers.
Strong regional bank with excellent reputation
Mortgage Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RISeptember 9, 2015
Enjoyed the flexibility of working from a home office.Management was supportive and available when needed. The customer interaction was the most fulfilling part of this position.
Non traditional bank
Assistant Trainer/ Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2015
Good place to work at if you enjoy working the banking and financial industry. Opportunity to grow and advance in the company. The company is growing at a face pace which causes policies and procedure to change almost daily so it's very important to be willing to adapt and change when need be.The best part of my job is training new hires to become contact center associates. I enjoy helping others and I feel its very important to be knowledgeable when in a contact center so customers are not receiving the wrong information.
Pros
Great management, great opportunity to advance
Cons
People are good, but company is struggling to find vision.
NET Enterprise Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 9, 2015
People are good.
However, company is struggling to find its vision.
Lack of transparency.
A lot of growing pains.
No clear direction.
Fun Place to work
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 30, 2015
Webster is becoming more and more prominent in this area. They are always looking to recruit fresh and positive bankers to help their customers. The needs of the customers are more important than the sale that can come from them.
Really great place to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIJuly 21, 2015
Too bad theres no job advancement. I've seen people stay tellers for almost 7 years. Other than that it's alright.

One of my favorite banks to work at.
Call Center
Call Center/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 14, 2015
Not a good place to work if you expect to be treated like an individual with a life outside of work. Extremely customer based without consideration for employee needs. You can expect to work 1:30 - 10:00 pm as a new hire. Earlier hour consideration given to employees with seniority. Be prepared to work long hours and weekends.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hard to meet center expectations without the threat of being let go.
umprofessional and lack of leadership at the branch level
(BANK)- Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 12, 2015
Do not go near. Webster bank is all about who know nothing is based on merits. Total nepotism and a very biased company. Every one is covering for his friend. .
teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2015
making deposits and withdrawal checking checks helping with clients accts. working the ATM helping with paper work. working with great co-works
Good Bank but too many downfalls
Senior Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2015
Webster bank is limited due to the fact it really only services the NY area and is limited to NJ residence only if they open a account. I feel that the bank has many defects as for out of date equipment and the customer service there is not good
Overall good place to work
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 28, 2015
I float which means I travel from branch to branch. People are friendly not much room to advance as there corporate offices are in CT.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Half hour un paid lunch even with a 10 hr day
Poorly Run
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2015
I have worked in more that a couple call centers, and this is by far the worst one I have ever worked in. The upper management has their heads in the sand as to daily issues and problems with computer systems and standards of customer service. The focus is not on taking care of the customer, but on average handle time and making sure not to tell customers the truth about issues that are purely within the company. Representatives are left to make up excuses for problems customers experience. I always found it easy to work in call centers because for every one irate customer you would get, there would be 10 that you would be able to make happy. Working in this call center is just the opposite. For every one happy customer, you have to deal with at least 10 irate customers, try to smooth things over, and come up with an answer that will appease them. The pay leaves much to be desired for the amount of work that is expected, and the amount of responsibility that is put on workers. Mandatory over time causes reps to get burned out quickly, and the quality of people that have been getting hired in order to fill seats is also less than acceptable. I had high hopes when I took this job, but less than a year later, am being forced to look elsewhere.
Very unorganized work env.
Customer Service Rep. (temp) (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WiJune 17, 2015
The company is making huge changes, too quickly. Hiring unqualified persons and not properly training new hires. Overall a below average company in regards to health benefits and management.
Pros
Some very nice coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, low pay for the position, management lacking proper knowledge
Cash Handling and Account Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJune 13, 2015
Routine banking transactions included deposits, withdrawals, and transfers. I learned how to maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations as well a adhere to Webster bank policies and procedures at all times to ensure company image remains in proper standing. Management was difficult considering we were short staffed during my entire employment. This caused stress on mine and my co-workers growth and development. The hardest part of the job was being able to have a genuine conversation with a customer when there was almost constantly a 10-15 person line waiting. The most enjoyable was when I did finally have the time and ability to really get to know our customers.
Pros
Schedule allowed for nights and Sundays off
Cons
Poor Management and constantly understaffed
Excellent work environment for entry level Banking
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work consists of Processing teller transactions and assisting customers with their needs by offering products and services that will benefit the customer. I have learned an abundance of knowledge at Webster Bank including sales and face to face interaction as well as outbound calling efforts. I believe that the management at Webster bank is the best I have ever worked for. They are friendly, approachable, and understand concerns as well as push you towards your goals in a positive uplifting manner. The Co-workers at Webster Bank makes the work environment fun as well as professional. The Hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, however I have learned that putting yourself in that person's position and understanding their needs helps to resolve any issues more often than not.
Pros
Flexible Work hours
Cons
Sales can sometimes be an issue during slower times of the year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webster Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9