Webster Bank

Webster Bank Employer Reviews

Customer Care Center
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: pay is decent, location convenient
Cons: work life balance non existent
This is good steady work if you do not have any other responsibilities.Benefits are great, pay not too bad. The center is open 7am-10pm 7 days a week. You must be at work, your job will be threatened if you want some time off even if you literally have a family member brought to the hospital in an ambulance. No one will switch hours with you either. – more... There is also an invasive "wellness assessment" but it is optional. I opted out. – less
nice work enviroment
Packaging (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 24, 2013
cold worplace, its in a warehouse, nice people.. they had some great hours, monday- friday
Great work place
Assistant Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: drove to swansea a lot for meetings from stoughton
A typical day at work was always busy for me as I had a lot of responsibilities being that I was a tell supervisor. Got along with my fellow employees very well and my manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customers. I left as Harbor One was hiring for a CSR position which is what I always wanted and they offered me a higher salary'
Receptionist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 5, 2013
My typical day at work is pretty slow, I'm not given much work to do being a receptionist. I have learned at look of new things at Webster Bank besides just answering phones. The management at Webster can be a little better. My co-workers are nice. there is nothing hard about my job.
Webster Bank
Teller II (Former Employee), East Windsor, CTDecember 19, 2012
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: wages
A typical day involved processing deposits, checks, etc.. It was a fast pace environment and was very enjoyable. The staff was very friendly as well as management.
No such thing as work/life balance at Webster Bank
Management (Former Employee), ConnecticutNovember 23, 2012
You work open to close and these are not banker hours. You can meet all your goals and it is never enough for upper management. And everyone is out for themselves, just saying watch your back.
Webster bank is a great place to work
IT Intern (Former Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 13, 2012
Pros: no free lunches, but it is a very friendly environment
Cons: break time is just normal
I was an intern at their datacenter in Bristol this past summer, Great place and great people to work with as well, your hard work and endeavor is also appreciated. But above all, you must have the right attitude.
Great person that I directly reported too.
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTAugust 30, 2012
Pros: if you needed a day for something, there was not an issue.
Cons: too many chiefs and too few indians.
Company has potential, but political correctness runs amuck here. Over-all a pleasant place to work at.
Productive Environment
Teller (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2012
I've learned a lot not only from the job itself but from my fellow co-workers.
Professional Place to Work
Senior ER Compliance Analyst/Officer (Current Employee), New Britain, CTAugust 21, 2012
A profession relaxed work atmosphere, business casual. Flexible hours for work life. Working directly with federal examiners.
A relaxed environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Hamden, CTJune 5, 2012
Personal Banker in a relaxed environment tending to customer service needs of the many account holders at the bank. I worked with a couple of other personal bankers and the tellers. It was a slower paced bank and was a pleasure to work at.
GREAT JOB TO GET CAREER STARTED.
Customer Service Representative, Platform Teller (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTMay 21, 2012
A day at work included, money handling, processing trancations, deposits, withdraws, transfers. I learned a plethra of things about the retail in banking, consumer financing etc. Management and coworkers were a pleasure to work with. Hard part of the job disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable, the customers you assist.
My day starts with Inbound calls from customers requesting assistance with their account .
CSR (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIMay 20, 2012
Pros: i don't have too commute very far.
Cons: no room for growth.
I have learned with this job to be very patient and listen to what the customers is asking for. I have learned 10 key and type over 40 WPM . Excel is not used on a daily basis , I do plan on becoming more familiar with it.
My co-workers are good people.
The hardest part of my job is working the 12:30pm to 9:00pm shift and there is no room to move up – more... to another position.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having the weekends off. – less
it was a great place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 9, 2012
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: company restructuring voided my job
I enjoyed working there for many reasons. I would open some banks in the morning. I did all repairs needed inside and outside.
a great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTApril 6, 2012
Webster is a great company to work for. I wish I stuck with the changes and decided more wisely to stay with the company.
great place to work with promotional capabilities
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 5, 2012
Cons: long hours
Webster is a company that focusses on growth and promotion from within.
good place to work except management/HR will lie to you
assistant manager (Former Employee), maMarch 11, 2012
Pros: coworkers are great, pay and benefits was great
Cons: upper management, hr has no integrity, values or honor
Was forced to transfer locations with the promise of multiple raises and a promotion, 4 months later when i had received nothing i was instructed to send an email to my manager who would them forward it to a market manager and further on to HR. after waiting weeks for a reply and receiving none i was then informed that "HR had no knowledge" of anything – more... that was promised to me and shortly thereafter i was asked to leave the company for and EXTREMELY minor error. – less
Awful place to work
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAMarch 4, 2012
Webster Bank is a terrible place to work. The turnover of employees there is unbelievable, whether you have been there for 2 or 20 years. The branch that I recently resigned from, lost their entire full time staff within a span of 2 months. The management team treats their people like small children. The workweek is from Thursday to Wednesday, so you – more... might just work 50+ hours from Monday to Saturday, without a day off, EVER. Terrible place to work. – less
Small feel - big footprint
AVP Sr. Workout Officer (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTFebruary 29, 2012
I have been in the special assets department since i began at webster bank - it's interesting work but very challenging at times.
Enjoyable place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Shelton, CTFebruary 11, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working every saturday.
Webster Bank provided basic banking needs. It allowed me to work flexible hours while returning back to college to get my BS Degree.

About Webster Bank

Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, N.A. With $20 billion in assets, Webster provides business – Read more