Webster University Employee Reviews

love to spend time with family and meet new people i work with
Dishwasher ,utility and cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2016
i like to work hard and get along with other people.once i know the job its not as hard.i get along with management as well with co-workers.just learning the job.working with good people.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
people dont like to work
no leadership
facilities (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJanuary 15, 2016
no accountability. zero effort from supervisor, lies and is really sketcy. expect you t be on call for snow removal even when you are not on call. super egos in management, lots of little man syndrome going on there. Really no follow through on the way work is handed out. threatening manor from supervisors. Do not apply here, nobody is happy and the university is going down hill fast, everyone is jumping ship.
Pros
free schooling
Cons
extremely low pay
Part time instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 14, 2016
Good employer; academic environment. Part-time, so not much to say - enjoyed the opportunity. Class sizes were very reasonable. Students were dedicated and interested. Only down side was classes were too easy and the organization could strive to instill more rigor and higher expectations of students in the course design.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Could use more rigor in courses
Enjoyable atmosphere
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2016
Collaborating with colleagues and staff. Networking with other professionals in the field of education. Military education including VA.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
workload
Excellent Work Environment
Senior Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Greater St. Louis MissouriJanuary 4, 2016
As an adjunct faculty, I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and teach students from many countries and across the US. Although the timing for testing and grading was tight, the staff support coupled with excellent facilities and equipment allowed me to never miss a deadline in 28 years.

As a perk for being a highly rated instructor, I was twice given an assignment to teach courses in Bermuda with all expenses paid by the university.
Pros
Facilities, staff support, independence
Cons
Tight schedules
Wonderful Co-workers, students and faculty!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2015
My time at Webster University was educational and enjoyable. From the Main Campus in St Louis, MO to the everyday interactions with folks from all walks of life at the campus, Webster is a class institution with the desire to see the student body and faculty rise to the needs of a global community through education.
Productive, Fun Co-Workers
Heating and Cooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MONovember 20, 2015
Typical Day - First thing in morning speak face to face with supervisor go over daily work orders. Any questions your super or you may have are answered. Pretty easy no work order to big to be accomplished by oneself. If help were ever needed you'd call your supervisor and either he'd get you help or he'd help you himself.

What I learned - Learned to work together with the guy's I worked with even if they were a different technical trade than myself and worked as a team. I furthered my knowledge of the HVAC trade and occasionally would work alongside outside contractor's on campus and would learn more about the equipment I maintained.

Management - My manager was really cool guy to work for. He is a retired Army Vet, which would help explain the work as a team leadership I learned. He was a pretty knowledgeable guy and if he didn't know something he would do everything he could to get you the right answer or information.

Co-workers - I had a lot of fun working with the guys at this University, everyone was pretty knowledgeable in their various trades and skills. If at anytime you were asked to help any of them out with a work order if the trade is new to you or have question's about the task at hand everyone took the time to explain what was going on. Great team work skills

Hardest part of my job - Snow detail, every winter didn't matter if you were a Technical Tradesman or worked for the Grounds Dept. when snow or icy weather fell it was all hands on deck. Reason being all it take's is for one student to slip fall god for bid break a bone or dislocate a joint and
  more... pretty much the University as a whole would get an ear full of it. Student are the bread and butter of Campuses everywhere if their safety becomes an issue there goes a College/Universities budget. Have to keep student's, faculty and staff safe from slippery weather condition's.

Most enjoyable part of the job - The friends I made working for Webster University made going to work everyday enjoyable and didn't feel like work. Graduation at the end of the school year was also something I actually really miss. It was a joyful time not only for the student's and parents but for the University as a whole. Faculty, Staff, and anyone and everyone in the background that keep the place running ship shape.
Pros
Free lunches, Holiday treats, Occasional BBQ's weather permitting, Paid in full time off between Christmas and New Year's
Cons
Snowy and Icy weather those salt bag's get heavy after 8hrs
Enjoyable
Fort Leavenworth Admissions Representative/ VA SCO (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSNovember 16, 2015
A typical day at work for me is working with students to get registered for graduate classes. I also do VA certifications as the school certifying official. I am also responsible for answering phones, filing paperwork and any other office duties that may arise. We are a small office and work very well together. The hardest part of my job is helping an upset student understand the policies of Webster University are not my policies but those of the university, when they dont get an answer that they like. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the students succeed and complete their degrees. Being able to help students along the way and see them graduate makes it all worth it.
Pros
Good hours, great co-workers, flexible time off.
Cons
I was made a part time employee and really need the benefits of full time.
Review of Current Position
Academic Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MONovember 5, 2015
Acedemic Success Coach has brought both victories and challenges to my professional career. While many students bring extremely difficult circumstances to my attention to solve with them. I have created an environment for them to focus, locate, and implement various approaches to their academic career, based on their individual personalities, to encourage success as well as a better standard of living in many cases.
Pros
Positive interactions with student body
Professional Organization
Director of Public Safety (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2015
Nice place to work and ability to grow within. Friendly environment and ability to interact with students and help them grow as individuals was rewarding.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Organization is growing and space is at a premium.
A place to learn and help Undergraduate and Graduate students
Peer Tutor, Academic Resource Center (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2015
Very supportive Supervisor and a good learning place. Meeting with students and able to assist them and learning more in the process
The morale is great around the office.
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work is answering the phones and dealing with student questions, enrollment, recruitment and other office duties.
We have a great campus director. He will go the extra mile for his team members. The co-workers are great too. We are a team.
The hardest part of my job is my work hours. I work the evening shift due to downsizing. This doesn't fit well due to I have a 5 year old daughter and I'm a single parent so we don't get to spend much family time together during the weekdays. I am looking for a day position.
Loved Webster University.
Management & Leadership (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2015
Enjoyed my years at Webster University. I gained a lot of knowledge and it made me more marketable! The faculty and student were amazing and extremely helpful in me attaining my masters degree.
Too much work for the number of employees
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 22, 2015
Higher management at main campus is out of touch with the demands of an extended campus. Typical day consists of coordinating with faculty, staff and students.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Does not have the students best interest in mind
Productive and very helpful boss
ARC Testing Center - Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2015
I love the place I work. She helps me alot and I am really learning alot from her. I love Webster university and the professor and the entire curriculum
Webster University is a great place to work!
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 23, 2015
I had an amazing time working for Webster. They hire open minded Staff and Faculty that are great fun to work with. Working with the students was always challenging and satisfying. I loved watching the students change from the first day of their graduate program until the day they walk for graduation getting their Master's degrees.
Overall Rating
Faculty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Webster University, Rolla, MOMarch 26, 2015
I have always found Webster University a pleasant place to work with excellent professional and academic support. I have taught with the school, fulfilled an academic advisor position for a time, and now serve as the faculty coordinator for the Rolla Campus. Webster University administration has always been encouraging to me to continue with the campus and to share my clinical expertise.
Pros
Academic and professional support stands out.
Cons
Communication between main campus administrators and the Rolla campus sometimes lags.
Great place to work as a Student worker
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2015
Provided a balance between studies and work. Flexible work schedule to match up with classes. Good remuneration and scholarship benefits
Change
Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2015
The company is changing for the better which was needed. I enjoyed working at Webster University but it was time for me to move on and spread my wings.
Great job culture
Academic Resource Center, Finance Tutor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2015
Great job culture with a laidback personality. Focuses on working in teams and groups to achieve goals and deadlines that are given.

4.2