Webster University Employee Reviews

Job, not a career.
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2017
Not a place to come to develop professionally or advance in your career. Innovation is slow, no real investment is made in the employees. Teams value one another, which is a plus.
Fun workplace
Research Librarian, Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2017
Working at Webster University Library has been fun and interesting, i had a lot of interactions with students and visitors and the workplace is conducive .
Education has direct rewards
Adjunct Instructor - Computer Science (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOOctober 21, 2017
This is a University and as such has the typical politics. With those put aside the support from management was good. Program curriculum was developed by teachers as long as it meant course goals. Then there is the immediate reward of enlightening students.
Pros
Location, facilities
Cons
Part time, no benefits
Great job with lots of variety, however little room to grow
Global Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOOctober 7, 2017
I enjoy the variety of video projects I'd work on in any given week. However, any given day a new request could come in that requires you to drop what you're working on and focus on something else. This adds a lot of stress to the job. Also, I hardly have any time to pursue professional development opportunities, and the size of our video team is small. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing projects completed to the end, and watching a video get a positive response from an internal audience and viewers on social media.
Pros
variety of projects, paid time off
Cons
low compensation, poor management, stressful
I was a student worker
Groundskeeper and Recycler (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 23, 2017
I was a student worker, and as a student worker I had to work jobs that were for students. If I didn't work, I didnt' eat. pretty simple really. How can you not understand this.?
Adjunct position. Course load depended on student enrollment
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed teaching at Webster. Adult students were usually very engaged. Would have liked more latitude in choosing textbooks, which were set by the main campus in St. Louise, MO.
Productive and pleasant place to work
Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2017
Working at Webster gave me an opportunity to help students by providing them with the information they needed to make informed decisions when it came to their educational goals. On a typical day at Webster, along with preparing registration and admission reports, I provided students with information about their academic standing, assisted them with course selections, registered them in classes, contacted perspective students to remind them of deadlines and about documents needed to complete the admissions process. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I gave each student useable and correct information. The hardest part of my job is when I realize that I will be unable to help a student. Management was fair and direct, and the workplace was friendly and pleasant.
Giving back to Soldiers
Department assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOSeptember 12, 2017
I work with a lot of military soldiers who are obtaining their Masters while here for Captain Career Course. As well as Veterans and Spouses and Civilians. This is my way to give back working in higher education for a total of six years. The work load is fast, steady and not really difficult if you can multitask and pay attention to detail.
Pros
37 1/2 hr. work week off at noon on Friday
Cons
tramendous amount of work for just two people, there used to be seven.
productive and wonderful place to work.
assistant women's basketball coach (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriAugust 31, 2017
Webster University is located in the heart of St.Louis, and is a premier division III institution. I had a wonderful boss, and the supporting staff were very kind and a pleasure to work with. I worked as an assistant coach, and really enjoyed my job. The hardest part of the job is losing basketball games. It was a great experience, and wish them all the best.
Webster
INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Gemeente LeidenAugust 10, 2017
Great work-life balance. Difficulty gathering consensus between managers. The location was fantastic, and coworkers were lovely people. The staff was diverse, allowing for multiple new ideas to flow into various administrative and academic meetings.
Pros
great co workers, good work-life balance.
Cons
Inflexible management
Monkey Wrench
Art Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOAugust 9, 2017
I was tossed around from professor to professor. Most of whom never had work for me, I didn't have any steady pay and it sucked since it was my first year of college. I quickly left this job.
Campus Diniing
Supporting Chef (Former Employee) –  Webster Croves, MonAugust 8, 2017
Campus dining is a very rewarding opportunity to be involved the nutritional needs of our future leaders. My first opportunity at multi- station along with action. Great experience.
Pros
Learning Opportunity
Enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2017
I enjoy having the autonomy to conduct my classes the way I want. I feel very supportive at Webster. I have not had any really bad experiences over the 8 years that I have been employed with them.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Graduate school adjunct professor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJuly 31, 2017
I very much enjoyed my classes at Webster University. The students were great and came from a wide variety of ages, and the subject material was very interesting.

Long classes - four hours once a week for nine weeks. Adjuncts do not get paid well, nor do they have any connection with the full time faculty or even the administration. But if you like to teach, it's a good job.
Pros
Great students. Interesting classes.
Cons
Low pay. Hired hand status.
Bordered on Cruel
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 29, 2017
The word day was long with little or no appreciation of the job accomplished. The management needs to be removed. The workplace culture was threatening.
Pros
The pay for me was OK.
Cons
Very Poor Management, Standards for some not all, No courage to stop the nonsense
Great work/life balance
Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 23, 2017
It's a great atmosphere with a lot of diversity Doctoral prepared staff which is always a plus And you and your dependents get a free education.......
Pros
Time, free schooling
Cons
Small Staff
I really enjoyed working there
OFFICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. It was my first job and it didn't ask too much of me. I would defiantly work there again, even in positions of management. It has great benefits as well.
Pros
Very welcoming place
Cons
The outdate computer systems
Working at Webster
Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAJuly 19, 2017
I get to work with amazing students! Active duty service members and their spouses, as well as retired service members. A very different feel from the traditional college environments I've worked in before.
Relaxed and easy atmosphere
Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJuly 17, 2017
I worked at an off site campus that catered to the military. The office was busy but very relaxed and efficient.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get started with furthering their education.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Pros
- First company I've ever worked for that truly loves its Members and Employees
- Salary is mid range (actually took pay cut to come here) but is made up for in yearly bonus
- Amazing work life balance