Webster University

Webster University Employer Reviews

Webster is a great organization to work for!
Professor (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDJune 18, 2014
The staff training is outstanding. They provide their instructors with all the tools they need for the best outcomes for the students. They allow you, as an instructor, to have class outside the classroom and are very supportive.
There is always work to do. The Employees are family oriented and easy to get along with.
Coordinator for Military and Academic Affairs (Current Employee), St LouisJune 12, 2014
Pros: paid education to family and self
Cons: low ceiling: advancement opportunities are minimal.
My job changes regularly and is fulfilling. I get the opportunity to help all individuals which i enjoy; students, staff and prospective students. I enjoy working with the Military and learn more each day about my position, the University i work within and i am able to take advantage of additional training opportunities made available to me. I enjoy – more... my work and look forward to using my skills, knowledge and training acquired to propel my career forward in a new and exciting direction. – less
Awesome
Program Manager- Campus Activities (Current Employee), St LouisJune 3, 2014
Awesome. Fun loving and enthusiastic. Great place to work at.
Fun work enviroment
Athletic Department Crew Member (Current Employee), Webster Groves, MOApril 30, 2014
Come in for work and go over the sporting event that needs to be set up.

Includes setting up tables, chairs, bleachers, volleyball courts, among other sports.
Great place to work.
Fire Safety Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2014
Great environment and employees. Benefits are great but some areas do not have the room for advancement and wages can be lower than that standard.
Webster is a great place to work!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2014
Webster University, Capital Region is a delightful place to work. I have alternated between teaching at 3 military bases over the last 6 years and have have the administrative staff to be supportive , the faculty to be collaborative, and the students to be stimulating.
Exceptional learning environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), St. LouisMarch 2, 2014
University provides environment that encourages student learning with high standards for both instructors and students.
Productive and positive work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Webster Groves, MOFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: comfortable environment
I worked in an office of one of my professors as their assistant. I answered calls, made spread sheets, graded student work, helped organize and plan fundraisers and other events.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty, Film Department (Former Employee), Webster Groves, MOJanuary 26, 2014
Solid film department with fine teachers and bright students.
FUN! Best Experience of my Life!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: resident community building, communication building, friendships/family
Cons: being on-call, confrontations, some extremely long nights, paperwork
- I really enjoyed working every day with residents! They became my family and I'm so happy I made the decision to do 2 years being a resident assistant. The good definitely outnumber the bad. I loved it and recommend this opportunity for everyone!
wonderful to enrich others
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2014
I have been working as an Adjunct Professor for 20 years and have taught master's level counseling courses and for licensure for the State of Florida. It has been an awesome experience to bring my counseling experience to the classroom. I have watched so much enrichment and growth inn my students.
Excellent private international university
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 17, 2013
I've worked with Webster faculty and administration for over 12 years, and have found the work environment and culture to be the best of any place I've ever been employed.
On-line adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Webster Groves, MODecember 2, 2013
The hardest part of my job was the lack of support Webster gives in regards to their adjuncts. My classes were consistently full of students who had little or know technological experience, plus were international and therefore not able to even gain access to our texts!
AWESOME!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2013
I loved working at the university that I actually attend. They respected my course and at the same time taught me new things and made me apart of their office
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Centennial, COOctober 5, 2013
I enjoyed interaction with students at the graduate within the Webster framework
Productive Learning Environment
Practicum Student (Former Employee), Webster Groves, MOSeptember 25, 2013
I enjoyed learning about the day to day tasks of a music cataloger. My supervisor was very helpful in instructing me on how to correctly catalog music materials.
Wonderful University with student centered mission and focus
Senior Director (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 17, 2013
Responsible for management of all aspects of extended campus for thirteen years. Lead successful start-up campus by recruiting, training and developing a dynamic and competent faculty to provide quality education to graduate students. Represented WU in a wide variety community and leadership roles, while also successfully identifying and recruiting – more... students and faculty for the MBA, MHA and five Master of Arts Programs. – less
Selling graduate degrees to help executives improve their life!
Community Relations Director (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 4, 2013
Pros: i have had the opportunity to complete the dale carnegie classes
Cons: when a student would drop out of their graduate program
The best part of the being the community relations director was all the great networking events I attended. Also seeing all the students I recruited receive their graduate degrees.
Financial strategy and Business strategy experiences with Capstone simulation projects
Financial Strategy, Capstone Simulation Project (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2013
Financial Strategy simulation project:
I played a role as a CEO at one company to make a purchase or sell decision. I determined some evaluations whether or not to merge or acquire with other companies to make more profit in my company. In doing so, I forecasted the target's company's income statement, balance sheet, and future free cash flow. There – more... were two critical methods that put into consideration, Discounted Cash Flow method and Adjusted Present Value method.

Business Strategy simulation project:
I also played a role of the CEO who managed to run a $100 million company and determined tactical decisions to make the company profitable and gain competitive advantage over the competitors. – less
Empowering Students
Coordinator- Academic Resource Center (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2013
Pros: dynamic work environment, autonomy and support
I work with an awesome group of people who empower students through writing, tutoring, ADA services, testing and academic mentoring. My department takes a vested interest in every student that walks through our doors, calls, emails or Skype. We service students in the St. Louis area and 150 campuses domestically and internationally.