WeConnect Employee Reviews

Love doing installs and meeting new cuatomers.
Home Entertainment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 30, 2017
I enjoyed meeting new people fixing there problems and giving them the best install they could get. Making people happy and know that everything was done right is what I love about the job. But unfortunately I would never recommend working for We Connect themselves cause they promise and promise but never give. They also care more about you working then being sick or your family not a care in the world. So sad I know of many techs there trying to get out they would rather train new then please the great ones they have.
Pros
Can make allot of money
Cons
So many to list
Run run run as fast as you can!
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 8, 2017
Dishonest, untrustworthy and unemphatic superiors. Zero work/life balance. Long hours and no respect. Life is short, definitely not worth it. Quitting in very near future.
Pros
Free migraines and ulcers.
Cons
Too much to list.
fast paced cable installation work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Seymour, WIAugust 23, 2017
The pay was low but the work was balanced and management was good. The most difficult was dealing with the cable technicians as they all wanted their product first.
Horrible
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 16, 2017
Send you hours away from home starting at 5am till your done with your list of houses possibly 10pm end time. No matter the weather you will be out side usually on a ladder or roof...EVEN BLIZZARDS.
Pros
decent pay and self paced with easy overtime
Cons
10+ hour shifts and weather
Terrible
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2017
Was told that I would be hired for specific area and.that was a lie. Dispatch would send you hours away from home (free) and you wouldn't get paid for it. You may or may not get a lunch break but they will automatically deduct a lunch break. You have to check in early morning and you may or may not work as they may change it at any time. Company is really messed up
Management.sucks
live to work, not work to live
Technician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 12, 2017
Long days, work you so far from home that you can drive out to area 2 hrs plus and drive home 2 hrs plus without pay either way. You have to get the job done no matter how ridiculous the situation even if it means safety for yourself or conditions. Always sell, job comes second
Pretty rough...
Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 30, 2017
The job isn't hard, but the managers make it difficult. There are rules and regulations that they don't make you aware of until you can get int trouble.
Run! Don't waste your time.
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  WIMay 21, 2017
You are a statistic to the company. Disposable. They don't care about you, compensation is questionably ethical. Change how they do things monthly. Clueless on how to treat people. Expect you to drive all day, redo work and attend meetings without compensation for your time it only included in each job you complete or after you get overtime. So if you drive for 8 hours and only put in 2 jobs you only get paid for those 2 jobs. Then you have to sell at the installation. Got to hit the statisics.
Pros
Changing environment
Cons
Everything, no defined work hours, mandatory 6 day weeks
I signed up to install dish and cables and they wanted me to sell also.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 1, 2017
I would drive from customer to customer homes and install dish and cable to their televisions. I learned how to install cable and point the dish at the satellites. Management started out ok, and went down hill quickly. The work culture was not good as they over scheduled the technicians daily and you had to finish all jobs assigned even after it was dark out and then come right back in the morning after some 16 hour days. The hardest part of the job was when they expected every technician to up sell more equipment to customers.
Pros
working with some good customers
Cons
Not enough technicians to do the work
Not a family orientated employer
Installer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 20, 2017
They stress the ability to make money and that they have good family values, but you have to work ridiculous hours to make good money which takes away from family time.
Manager not very helpfull at all.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, WIApril 9, 2017
Manager not very helpful when running into issues with installation. Lots of traveling witch you don't get paid for, only for installation. I did enjoy talking with customers.
Cons
Lots of travel
Great place to work for
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIFebruary 9, 2017
They are full entertainment company. If you are looking for hard work with ability to make extra money I sales, plus enjoy technology, than this is the job for you.
Great place to work if you dont mind hard work!
Feild Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 24, 2016
AEI/Weconnect is a great place to work. Just like every job, you have to roll with some punches. Untill you have built up some seniority weekends off is pretty much a no go. If you take pride in your work and like to meet new people every day, its definitely the place for you! As a trainer for the company I strongly recommend giving the company a honest chance for employment.
Pros
Company vehicle/ freedom/ pay rewarded with hard work
Cons
Early morning/ late nights/ bad office communication(sometimes)
Awesome company to work for
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIJuly 28, 2016
Company incentives profit-sharing and pension. Company vehicle to take home every day. This is the most rewarding job I've had in a long time! Great people too!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Some Weekends
Great company, treats employees well
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 28, 2016
Good benefit and compensation. Culture focused employee engagement. Employee resource groups. Nice cafeteria on site. Socially responsible and diverse company.
Pros
Good leadership. Ethical. Development and continuous learning opportunities.
Cons
There are really no major cons overall.
WeConnect was a good company to work for but, we moved from the area.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, MEJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work was scheduling appointments for customers in many states across the United States. A typical day also included typing spreadsheet to keep a record of appointments made.

I learned better telephone etiquette and improved my typing skills.

Management was good

Co-workers were friendly.

Hardest part of the job was the travel.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Distance I had to travel
Like Family
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 25, 2016
Great company. Great atmosphere. Great benefits. Great leadership. Beautiful call center in Green Bay, Wi. Opportunity to grow and move up (with hard work...you can't just sit on your arce and expect everything to come to you). Now, if you are happy earning an hourly wage, with monthly incentives and good benefits...and you are great with customers this is the place to work!
Pros
Cons
I should have never left. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but when you are recruited for an opportunity...one has to spread its wings. However, look at the grass in your own yard.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 2, 2016
This is the best job I've ever had. As a female Satellite Installation Technician I thought I was going to have an up-hill battle as the only woman installer. Many years later I look forward to work every day & I enjoy the company of my co-workers ... AEI Dish takes care of me and I do the same for them. Great culture and great benefits! If you're looking for a job where you can make good money this is the place.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits of all kinds, No expense to go to work, they pay for gas, Company is ever growing.
Cons
Weekend work hours, Lots of driving.
Avoid, you can do better
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIDecember 9, 2015
Management is terrible, turnover rate is excessive.

Training provided is excellent, instructors know their stuff.

I don't recommend, its a horrible environment to work in.

If you are efficient, dispatch will continue piling on the jobs to cover for those techs that are purposely going slow or failed to show for the day.

Turnover rate is in excess of 60% yearly
Cons
Management is clueless
Overall an okay place to work.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 4, 2015
The management was okay, there was not a lot of opportunities to excel in this job. As a technician you could make extra money selling equipment and services, but as a warehouse employee, there was no advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeConnect. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7