Wedbush Securities

Wedbush Securities Employee Reviews

Solid company with a history of caring for employees, comfortable and challenging
Mail Services Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: continuous responsibilities made it easy to know i was progressing well
Cons: some of the 430am start times would not be scheduled until the night before
Wedbush was a great experience, and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to learn from working with them.

A normal day would start either at 4:30 or 7am, processing reports from the company server for various departments, then handling incoming stocks, bonds and checks and uploading their images and data, sending outgoing mail through the postage and sorting machines or via Fedex and UPS programs, – more... and delivering packages throughout the building.

Management and coworkers were very comfortable to work with, always helpful while still raising expectations of and adding responsibilities to my work load.

Difficulties certainly included often pulling twelve hour shifts starting early enough to beat the New York Stock Exchange opening, though the satisfaction of having worked a full and busy day was also quite enjoyable.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I will be happy to carry new skills and abilities to the next opportunity. – less
CEO is very cheap
Former employee (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: located in downtown so lots of places to eat
Cons: owner of company is cheap. pay is very low
Owner of the company is very cheap and does not offer any 401(k) matching. The company does not do COLA adjustments so you can be making the same amount of money for years to come.
Productive and fun environment. Managers enjoy coming to work
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good lunch break timeing, never disrespected, helpful management
day to day was basic as an intern, just helping anyone that had a large deal of work. Filing/organizing was minimal. No pointless tasks for upper level employees such as coffee runs or lunch runs. co workers were very nice and helpful. most enjoyable part of the job was management, they were a great group who all enjoyed being/doing work so they were willing to help others and made you want to work a little extra for them. Ed Wedbush (CEO) walked and talked with everyone in every department and does a great job of connecting with people, I never felt that he looked down on me being an intern. Ed would walk through the office every week or so and catch up with everyone.
Great palce to sharpen software developing skills
Quantitative Market Strategy Research Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work. Learned a lot about trading strategy, micro market structure and algorithmic trading. Coworkers and supervisors are all super nice and professional. Did two projects there and had a great experience.
Good starting point
CreditPlus Clerk (Current Employee), CreditOctober 24, 2014
Wedbush Securities is a great work to start your career. The co-workers are mostly great and the atmosphere is quite good.
Co-workers are a pleasure
New Accounts Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: a bit flexible on hours; understanding about emergencies
Cons: pay
Co-workers are great
Some of the managers are ok
Most managers are approachable and have an open door policy
The CEO/president is very personable and friendly
The job is not hard, a lot of computer and phone work
The managers and company as a whole are understanding about family emergencies and allow time to take care of these issues
Job security is excellent but advancement is static
Upward mobility seems to be an issue with this company
N/A
Proprietary Trading Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2014
Learned more about markets. In my specific case, advancement opportunities were limited, but that does not apply firm wide.
Good work life balance
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
good size company to work for. I'm not interested in publically submitting any other information about working at Wedbush.
Its a terrible place unless you need a "first" job to get into investment banking or sales & trading
vp institutional (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2014
Cons: benefits, comp, career advancement
dont work here unless you are absolutely broke and can go nowhere else.
They had a ping pong table
FINANCIAL SERVICES-JUNIOR BROKER (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2013
I liked the way the water tasted. they never served coffee and the manager looked at she male stuff.
Excellent place to work...great culture!
Operations (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 1, 2013
Pros: people, culture, pay
Cons: parking is not paid
Worked here for over 7 years. love the company and my coworkers. I would have still been there if I didn't move. My typical day was from 7-4 with almost no overtime. My boss was awesome, great mentor and a leader.

The company really values its employees and promotes from within. I would go back there anytime.
unfair and Unprofessional
junior Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: good payment
Cons: no breaks or lunch
the most enjoyable part of the work is to learn and implement new skills. Co-workers were friendly but the bosses are rude and unprofessional. In addition, they reqire you to work overtime without proper compensation.
Great teams and growth opportunities
Administrative Assistant- Temporary (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2012
This was a great opportunity with a great company, however they did not have positions available on a consistent basis.

They have a great Equity Sales and Marketing Support Team -- I would work with them again anytime.

Wedbush Securities Salaries