Wedbush Securities Employee Reviews in United States

No Incentive
Reorganization Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
There is no incentive for your hard work.

No raise, No bonus, The benefits are expensive, $900 or more a family a month.

People have worked here for years without a raise to their salaries. I have to work two jobs to both compensate for my salary and to have affordable benefits.
Pros
I can work two jobs as I do right now.
Cons
healthcare, and salary
A decent place to work, good work environment but management leaves alot to be desired.
Vice President, Sales / Trading (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
A 2nd tier investment bank. We provide a fairly good research product to the institutional investment community for which we are compensated in the form of commission dollars.
Need Management Training
IT Purchasing/Allocating Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2016
My job was fine, I was usually left alone to get it done. But when I did need anything from my managers, it took a long time for them to get back to me, if they did at all.
Pros
Most other employees are very friendly.
Cons
Bad management, some dishonest people.
Depends on analyst
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  NY, SF, Los AngelesSeptember 27, 2015
Day to day will depend on analyst. A good senior analyst can make this job a dream

Awful IT - things just don't work surprisingly often. Everything is done in the cheapest way possible.

Comp is on the small side but probably typical for this size bank.
Job Review
IT Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2015
Great place to work but they treat you to be thick-skinned which not all companies should do. Not everyone wants to be teased at work then get let go for unprofessional reasons.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Fires employees for invalid reasons
Productive and fun environment. Managers enjoy coming to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2015
day to day was basic as an intern, just helping anyone that had a large deal of work. Filing/organizing was minimal. No pointless tasks for upper level employees such as coffee runs or lunch runs. co workers were very nice and helpful. most enjoyable part of the job was management, they were a great group who all enjoyed being/doing work so they were willing to help others and made you want to work a little extra for them. Ed Wedbush (CEO) walked and talked with everyone in every department and does a great job of connecting with people, I never felt that he looked down on me being an intern. Ed would walk through the office every week or so and catch up with everyone.
Pros
good lunch break timeing, never disrespected, helpful management
Great work environment. My manager is a great leader and teacher
Retirement Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2015
My days are busy and productive. There is a lot to learn in the brokerage industry and my manager is great at teaching what he knows and encouraging his team to learn more and provides the tools to do so.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
healthcare benefits are kind of pricey
Co-workers are a pleasure
New Accounts Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2014
Co-workers are great
Some of the managers are ok
Most managers are approachable and have an open door policy
The CEO/president is very personable and friendly
The job is not hard, a lot of computer and phone work
The managers and company as a whole are understanding about family emergencies and allow time to take care of these issues
Job security is excellent but advancement is static
Upward mobility seems to be an issue with this company
Pros
a bit flexible on hours; understanding about emergencies
Cons
pay
Great palce to sharpen software developing skills
Quantitative Market Strategy Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work. Learned a lot about trading strategy, micro market structure and algorithmic trading. Coworkers and supervisors are all super nice and professional. Did two projects there and had a great experience.
CEO is very cheap
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Owner of the company is very cheap and does not offer any 401(k) matching. The company does not do COLA adjustments so you can be making the same amount of money for years to come.
Pros
located in downtown so lots of places to eat
Cons
owner of company is cheap. pay is very low
Excellent place to work...great culture!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 1, 2013
Worked here for over 7 years. love the company and my coworkers. I would have still been there if I didn't move. My typical day was from 7-4 with almost no overtime. My boss was awesome, great mentor and a leader.

The company really values its employees and promotes from within. I would go back there anytime.
Pros
people, culture, pay
Cons
parking is not paid
Great place to learn new skills
LAN / System Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2015
A typical day starts by checking servers remotely before I get to the office. Once I get into the office I check the backup processes and ensure files/databases/mail stores have been backed up. I will also check server logs for any system errors and just generally make sure the LAN and WAN isn't experiencing any issues

Next I'll check my email for outstanding user hardware software or system issues. After email is answered I will sweep the office and take the chance to physically stop in the server room to make sure its cooling appropriately. Next Ill see if I have any outstanding vendor follow up that I need to do. For example I sometimes need to do user upgrades of financial software used internally (i.e. Bloomberg), I typically will do my desktop management with the help of scripting and PowerShell so I can touch as many machines simultaneously as possible. My day will typically end with me checking to make sure all overnight tasks are scheduled and ready to go before I leave
Pros
I am forced to learn on the fly, its the way I teach myself new technologies. I am a self starter and independent worker
Cons
Always on job. As I am the sole IT pro at the office I am always on, always monitoring systems and user requests.
unfair and Unprofessional
junior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the work is to learn and implement new skills. Co-workers were friendly but the bosses are rude and unprofessional. In addition, they reqire you to work overtime without proper compensation.
Pros
good payment
Cons
no breaks or lunch
Great teams and growth opportunities
Administrative Assistant- Temporary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2012
This was a great opportunity with a great company, however they did not have positions available on a consistent basis.

They have a great Equity Sales and Marketing Support Team -- I would work with them again anytime.
Solid company with a history of caring for employees, comfortable and challenging
Mail Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
Wedbush was a great experience, and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to learn from working with them.

A normal day would start either at 4:30 or 7am, processing reports from the company server for various departments, then handling incoming stocks, bonds and checks and uploading their images and data, sending outgoing mail through the postage and sorting machines or via Fedex and UPS programs, and delivering packages throughout the building.

Management and coworkers were very comfortable to work with, always helpful while still raising expectations of and adding responsibilities to my work load.

Difficulties certainly included often pulling twelve hour shifts starting early enough to beat the New York Stock Exchange opening, though the satisfaction of having worked a full and busy day was also quite enjoyable.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I will be happy to carry new skills and abilities to the next opportunity.
Pros
continuous responsibilities made it easy to know i was progressing well
Cons
some of the 430am start times would not be scheduled until the night before
Its a terrible place unless you need a "first" job to get into investment banking or sales & trading
vp institutional (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2014
dont work here unless you are absolutely broke and can go nowhere else.
Cons
benefits, comp, career advancement
Good starting point
CreditPlus Clerk (Current Employee) –  CreditOctober 24, 2014
Wedbush Securities is a great work to start your career. The co-workers are mostly great and the atmosphere is quite good.
Good work life balance
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
good size company to work for. I'm not interested in publically submitting any other information about working at Wedbush.
N/a
Proprietary Trading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2014
Learned more about markets. In my specific case, advancement opportunities were limited, but that does not apply firm wide.
They had a ping pong table
FINANCIAL SERVICES-JUNIOR BROKER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2013
I liked the way the water tasted. they never served coffee and the manager looked at she male stuff.

2.9