Wedgewood Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Great job!!
CCS (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 29, 2017
I love working here. I feel like we really help people and their pets. I also like how everyone tends to get along and work as a team. After my last few jobs, this is very refreshing. The benefits are great, we have free food events, and even fun contests sometimes. The supervisors are all nice and very helpful. They really make every effort to help you succeed.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
Wish we had sick time and didn't have to use PTO. Also, they could be a bit more lenient with latenesses for legitimate reasons (like traffic accidents, a lot of employees take the highway).
One of the greatest companies I've worked for. Very family oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 19, 2017
I really enjoy working here. It seems like I'm learning something new everyday. Everyone for the most part is friendly. They aren't afraid to pay overtime either. Go Team Denise!!!!!
Pros
Always about team work.
Cons
No sick days. We get PTO time but I dont want to use that when Im sick.
Always changing
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMay 22, 2017
Wedgewood is an alright company to work for. It is constantly growing and changing. opportunity for employee growth however, is minimal. Wedgewood trys to offer many employee perks. The employees at wedgewood are great to work with and always keep patient focus while doing thier jobs. I learned alot about various compounds to help all types of animals and humans alike.
Pros
Great healthcare and retirement benefits
Cons
Lack of communication between supervisors, slow technology sometimes makes getting orders out hard.
Management could be more linient with their workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 14, 2017
For the years that I worked there, I have seen people come and go. Seems that the enviroment at times is too harsh. Being written up when you have sick time. Phone call reviews are not done accurately when you take about 100 calls a day and you are scored out of 2 calls a month.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
No lunch breaks when working a Saturday
Boring with poor management
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 9, 2017
Typical day was packing items in boxes for shipping in an assembly line like fashion. Supervisors were constantly pushing you to increase speed while maintaining accuracy. Supervisors are very unprofessional and ignore problems such as software bugs that produce errors. I would not recommend this company
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, bordom
Official response from Wedgewood Pharmacy
March 16, 2017

It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your experience of working at Wedgewood Pharmacy. Our latest survey of employee satisfaction shows that the majority of our associates in the Warehouse/Shipping department agreed that they felt recognized for their contributions, were engaged and worked in a collaborative environment. Thank you for your concern about errors due to potential ‘bugs’ in our shipping software. What you were experiencing were delays in communication from our servers to the vendor, based on volume. We take pride in maintaining a solid balance between productivity and accuracy, with many of our associates meeting or exceeding our production and accuracy metrics on a regular basis.

Comment – March 21, 2017

The software errors were producing duplicate labels during the scanning process that caused packages to be sent to the wrong customer. This was documented and presented to the supervisors who did not notify IT but continued to write up people for the errors that were not their fault.

Detail oriented job
Compounding Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJNovember 1, 2016
We customize medication orders for both animals and people. We are able to help in a more direct way than the drugs provided by regular pharmaceutical companies.
Wedgewood Pharmacy
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMay 16, 2016
It's a small, privately-owned company which is rapidly growing into a medium size company and has a significant amount of a job entry level and mid-level management opportunities. Unlike most companies, we are growing and never had layoffs.
Good for an out of college job
Compounding Technician (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 19, 2016
Like that it's for animals. Management pretty good. Lowball pay rate compared to other simliar jobs. Occasionally lunches delivered. Good training team.
good call center and laboratory
Bulk Capsule Compounding Specialist (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 22, 2015
Wedgewood has a good group of people, helpful in the call center and in the laboratory with their patients well -being and health as their number one priority.
Growing company with lots of opportunity
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 18, 2015
many different types of pharmacy technician jobs and lots of work to do so the day goes fast, I have been here three years and had two different jobs so far and liked them both very much. friendly co-workers and they give you uniforms (scrubs) to where
Pros
pharmacy tech day, benefits, free coffee
Cons
very busy
Not so good, but its a job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJuly 3, 2014
It is an oppressive environment, treated like children, a lead with zero experience too many people with control issues. Customer service is excellent I just wish the employees would be treated the same
Pros
good co workers, helping customers
Cons
Favoritism, no advancement, management doesn't listen
Part time perfect fit into my schedule.
Dispensing Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMay 13, 2014
A typical day at work on a Saturday consists of either pulling medications or processing the orders, and completing the last steps before the final check by the pharmacist. The type of work I do at Wedgewood Pharmacy is similar to an assembly line type of deal, and I learned efficiency is key.
Cons
short breaks, macroscale management
Decent company with good co-workers
Materials Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 27, 2013
Very busy at work from the time I started my day to the end of the day. I learned a lot about inventory managment and coupounding multiple medications. The co-workers were easy to get a long with. The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish all the tasks that needed to be completed in a single day. What I enjoyed the most about the job was that at the end of the day I know I helped to make a quality prodoct to help a person or animal.
Pros
Co-workers, benifits and pay
Cons
Managment
Productive with nice co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 27, 2013
A typical day at Wedgewood Pharmacy is demanding and busy. I have learned to handle pressure and quality of medication that is being shipped to customers. Co-workers were very cooperative and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing management and lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job was compounding medication to help animals.
Pros
Good benefits and free lunches
Cons
Management and communication
Productive lab setting with great staff
Aseptic Compounding Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJApril 10, 2013
A typical work day consists of compounding logs printed by your lead tech or pharmacist. Talking to your co workers and laughing. A semi carefree work place. As long as your work is getting done you are allowed to talk. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay current with you logs and not let them run into the next work day. The most enjoyable part of the day is completing logs.
Great benifits, great co workers and management
General Compound Technician (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 22, 2013
I would come in and have my daily logs ( medication i was to prepare for same day shipment ) on a self with the chemicals need to prepare the drugs. I was able to listen to music while working so that was a plus. Everyone I worked with from co-workers to the pharmacists in change were knowledgeable and easy to talk to with problems or difficulty I would have with certain duties. Never a bad day or dull moment.
Pros
everybody was always out to help one another
Cons
not a bad thing i could think of
sweet people
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 25, 2012
wedgwood is where i met a good friend of mine. the people there are really like family to each other and always willing to help. if we have a very overwork day they company showed that they care each and everytime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wedgewood Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.

Wedgewood Pharmacy Reviews by Location