Weed Man Lawn Care Employee Reviews

Fun yet professional
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Albion, NYMay 23, 2017
Out of the jobs I've had this was by far my favorite one. Everyone I worked with was so polite and outgoing. If you needed help with something they were there for you. Everybody made the job worth coming to everyday. There was always a time to have fun and practice your lines before we got to the job site.
Productive company with great experiences.
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAMay 10, 2017
I loved working at Weedman as I was able to work with people I knew. I was able to become more comfortable talking and working with strangers. The worst part of working there were the days that were very cold and the best parts were meeting new people and trying to convince them to sign of for quotes.
Lots of opportunity
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 8, 2017
Weed Man is a great place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed and grants employees independence in their pursuit of success. Also, the payment system and culture combine to motivate workers to achieve individual success.
Pros
Good hourly rate & commission
Cons
Seasonal work
n/a
All fields (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 24, 2017
Pretty good place to work. its very competitive and very relaxed. Its a great job with lots of opportunity within the company itself. Weed man lawn care to me was the best lawn care service in all of the St. Louis metropolitan area
long hours/ very physically demanding
Technician/ spray technician (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 13, 2017
I think perhaps a quick growth spurt allowed for some unforeseen problems to arise with staffing and production. hours became extremely long. If not for being a single father I would have considered helping them gain control of some of their problems and potentially grow with the company, but the main concern I have to consider is the work/life balance.
Pros
Good mangement. very likable people
Cons
It's a good lawn company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 4, 2017
The staff at Weed Man are very nice and respectful. The company does a great job at getting your lawn healthy and ready for family events and casual get togethers.
Overall a fun environment.
Door Knocker (Current Employee) –  East Dundee, ILMarch 29, 2017
I learned how to speak to people and overcome objections. The culture is based on competition. It's a very competitive workplace. You would split up in groups and knock on doors for faster progress.
Pros
Fun Enviorment
Cons
Low Pay
fun workplace
Customer Outreach Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 21, 2017
I enjoy working there and lots of opportunity to grow. The management allows for flexibility while in school and give valuable insight on knowledge and growth.
Unorganized at best
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 8, 2017
It seemed every day that there was some sort of technical difficulty that caused us from meeting our goals and the sales system made it difficult to even make a sale even if the system did work properly.
Pros
Good pay. Good Hours
Cons
Inconsistent sales results, misplaced blame
Excellent Company, great place to cut your teeth.
Director of Sales/Co-Owner (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIFebruary 13, 2017
Weed Man-Madison is an amazing place to work with fantastic people. They will teach you and train you to be an amazing employee, whether that be a lawn tech, sales rep, entry-level manager, or Branch Manager.

The pay will not likely be great, as there are just not that many high paying positions in the company. I will say that the cream does rise to the top here and usually your contributions will be rewarded.

The owners are great people and will take good care of you. They do see you working for them as your opportunity and not theirs, so remember that when you go to work each day. Work/Life balance is probably the worst part of the job. There are times when people will be asked to work 50-60 hour weeks for several months, and there will be many Saturday's worked as well.

For the right person, hard working, flexible, and looking or something to prove, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Advancement, Culture, and Training
Cons
Low Wages, Hours/Work-life balance

Want to know more about Weed Man Lawn Care?

Ask a question
What a Joke
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Horrible management, training is non-existent, and overtime is half; rather than, time and a half. Different rules for different people. Don't waste your time, find another landscaping/lawn care company that will know how to treat its employees.
Pros
Freedom of handling your own routes
Cons
Everyone
Horrible management
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJanuary 19, 2017
This is the worst company ever. Really bad. The manager acts like hes one of your homies. He changes his mind about everything and acts like its nothing. Just annoying overall.
Pros
Outside all day
Cons
Horrible, horrible management ! Unprofessional office!
Certainly hardships, but it will help you as a person, and your pocket.
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 10, 2017
While it's something I've no plans to continue doing, it was an acceptable job. The biggest issue you would ever come into contact with is having to meet some of the rudest people you'd ever know, and deal with threats and being yelled at, along with obscenities on a daily basis from customers, but the staff and co workers were exceedingly nice and caring, and did what they could to help push you though the day.
Pros
Bathroom break, Drivers may occasionally go to nearby gas stations and get you something if you had money for it, always had someone to talk to and worked in teams, along with meeting some fantastic people.
Cons
Some people you met would just ruin your day attitude wise, and it was a lot of walking door to door.
not a good place to work
Helper (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2017
they work you like a slave and they treat you bad not a good place to work the manager is racist. I learned how to treat grass for weeds the co-workers all felt the same
Pros
you have to eat your lunch in the truck
Cons
no breaks
Confusing Commissions
Lawn Tech (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 28, 2016
OK in Bridgeton- Commissions are confusing with overtime. The pay can be more for job required Management ok. Co workers are nice. The job can be extra long so you make more in commissions.
djcnv
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR 72764December 14, 2016
Not hard work just was't typically for me. Pay was pretty good but unless you're pretty good at day to day sales then it isn't a job for you
Productive place to work great people
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 8, 2016
Great place to work! Get there Set up your truck put Fertilizer or your pesticide spray in tanks. Then go lawn to lawn spraying to putting down fertilizer. Management was great everyone there is reasonable an nice. My co-workers were awesome too great people not a single one i didnt like. Hardest part of your day would probably be dealing with grubs.Most enjoyable was most likely working with friends!
Pros
the money an management
Cons
Lay off Season
Good Start To a Career.
Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 8, 2016
Good job right out of college to build experience and sharpen professional skills. Opportunity to move up in the company is there.
Nice People
Weed Man Agent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2016
Nice people to work with, professional yet relaxed environment, I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to earn some extra cash. Only because this job is seasonal
Not eneough family work balance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 30, 2016
The techs were great to work with and very knowledgeable about their jobs. t you want a job that you need a day off it won't happen. The only time off is in December for two weeks.
Pros
Techs GM
Cons
Limited family work balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weed Man Lawn Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9