Weed Man Turf Ops

Weed Man Turf Ops Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Truly a great place with many fond memories, Great staff and it was awesome to be able to see all the local parks. i didnt mind the cold too much because all the walking made it easy to warm up.
Horrible
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 30, 2016
I worked there for about 6 months and my supervisor never ever worked resulting in me being unable to get full time hours. The company was going under and the owner didn't even know it was because his technician didn't work ever. I got laid off because the company couldn't afford to keep me, the hard working technician...
Positive work environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 20, 2016
It was easy work but the hrs were bad and they were pushy for no quota. The set up for the office was bad and they had very out dated supplies. It was a very cramped work space as well.
this place sucks to work
app, driver (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCJune 12, 2016
You have a route that included over 200.000 thousand square foot a day, u need to detail your truck every night, lowpay, bad leadership, mix chemicals without proper safety gear, you had to call your next day customers, and customers u missed that day, then do the math of your route, way way to much work, for little pay!
Pros
Cons
long, long, work day pay u on salary
Bad company
A slave (Former Employee) –  Far driveJune 23, 2016
If you are hired , and you mess up, they won't give u a chance. They will fire you. Won't even give u a chance to fix it or even a written warning. They don't care about people. Not a good career choice
Ok
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 9, 2016
It wasn't great. The manager wasn't very good. Told me he would call back after I had to go back to school, then didn't call.
Pros
Some commission
Cons
Bad leadership
Good people, outdoor work, but can be financially challenging.
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 12, 2015
Technicians are on their own, so you need to be a self-starter. But there's a lot of potential for individual growth through sales. Sometimes the customers need a little "handling" because they are largely "numbskulls" when it comes to "anything", so it can be frustrating at times.
Pros
Lots of freedom and trust
Cons
Low pay - and struggling economy makes it more iffy.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 21, 2015
was great. I had a very good manager that took all employees needs in to consideration. He worked hard, always helped us when we needed assistance, and always thanked us for our dedication.
Pros
Strong communication
Cons
Benefits were not available
Great staff and always fun
Door Knocker (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 24, 2015
I love working for Weed Man for many reasons. They have great staff and management, work great with my school hours, and they have a ping pong table for us to use whenever we would like. The only problem is, my school schedule and their work schedule do not allow me to work as many hours a week as I would like.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Schedules collide
Outstanding Fast Growing International Lawn Care Company
Lead Generator, promoted quickly to Lead Salesman (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 29, 2012
At first my day consisted of 100% door to door residential lead generation. I was responsible for being initial contact with clients and inform them of the services we provide along with a walkthrough of the lawn to point out issues and provide estimate for year of the best lawn care money can buy. I was promoted to being the lead salesman for the franchise where I excelled and was named leading salesman for renewals and retention for the Mid Atlantic territory. The management was great, they cared about their employees and did everything in their power to assist with anything that arises from helping close deals to teaching us the advanced technology and knowledge they possessed about anything lawn care.
Read this before you even think about applying
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAAugust 5, 2016
DO NOT APPLY!!! Please read all of this it is the truth that they will try to hide from you. For starters the job ad is a lie, you do not make $15 an hour, it's commission based, they will claim it says $15 an hour because that's about you will make, that it is very inaccurate. 6 days a week 8-10 hours a day and you will not make $15 an hour. Also they tell you that there is 2-3 weeks where you won't work, I'm on week 8 of no work, I have on countless occasions called, texted even went into the office to ask when I'm working again and they kept pushing the date back farther and farther even stopped responding to me.

The working conditions are very poor, I had to wear the same dirty uniform for 2 weeks because they wouldn't get new uniforms nor clean the uniforms we had. The trucks you drive are in poor condition, some don't have working AC and there are issues all over the place the equipment is even worse! Rough patches and fixes are used to hold these old broken equipment together. There is no reliable management, they are more concerned about sales than their employees. There is little to no safety equipment for techs to use and there are plenty of dangerous chemicals that you will come into contact with daily.

During my time there four people quit their job, to put that in perspective that is about half of the technicians that work at that location.

I lost a whole summers worth of work and greatly needed that income.

There is no possibility of promotion and no raise in pay.
Cons
unsafe, bad management, bad working conditions, poor equipment
Terrible management
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAFebruary 12, 2015
I would go door knocking and advertise their company to gain leads(phone numbers). They used me for a short time and said i could no longer work due to budget cuts. I noticed people work there for a short time, almost like they just recycle through people.
Cons
compensational pay
Annual work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHJuly 20, 2015
A typical work day is busy. I learned how to take better care of a lawn. Management was great. Co-workers are great. Hardest part is the lifting of the fertilizer and seed. People are relaxed and owner is reasonable.
Former employee
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 7, 2013
They expect a lot out of you as an employee and even when you succeed they change their pay scale. I saw every employee get their pay cut because the owner felt they were making too much money, while the company was receiving record profits.
very friendly and family oreniteated
Spray Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 12, 2015
great place to work at hate to leave but reloating to florida great management and supervisor pay is really good the people that run it r very nice
Commerical/Residential
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2012
Pesticide Technician applying service to customers. Daily route throughout Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and Dayton, Ohio.
Easy Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOOctober 31, 2013
Nothing about this job was difficult. I just thought the management was very unorganized and VERY unprofessional.