WeedMan Lawn Care Employee Reviews

dipping and divin' from place to place
doorknocker (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PADecember 21, 2016
this was my first job, I gained a lot of experience from this. gained charisma and the ability to be confident voicing to people what I could. doing a job like this while young flourished my job ability.
Pros
team enviornment
Cons
cold weather, dress warm
Poor management
Fertilizer tech. (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 16, 2016
The work environment is wonderful. Employees are great to work with. But the management is poor. I've seen more people come and go at this place then I have any where else.
Pros
Non really beside the employees
Cons
Poor management
Fun working with friends, "customers" hate you
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 22, 2016
This job was easy for the most part. Walk door to door and offer free lawncare quotes. Let the customer know what kind of serviced weedman offers, and hope they say yes. A "yes" is super important to the business and getting them can be difficult. We got an extra dollar for every yes we got. The management was always great and super kind. I got days off when needed, a pay raise the next year, and constant training to help better my work experience. The only downside is a lot of the customers hate you. They don't like door to door sales. They don't care if you have a permit, they don't care if you aren't technically soliciting since you aren't selling anything. Just take the hate with a grain of salt and keep moving. They pay was worth it to me.
Pros
Commission, easy job tasks, schedule consistency
Cons
Customers hate you, lots of walking
Sales Representative.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHAugust 20, 2016
Love the company, there is great management, who will work around school or family no matter what the situation. Very high energy atmosphere with the sales. Managers and employees all work together to improve on sales which is great for sales and earning commission. I will continue to work for this company as long as I can.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Not a lot of hoursat first, but potential to earn more
If you have the drive a great place to learn and grow while making good money.
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 13, 2016
The highs are very high and the lows very low. Welcome to Sales and Marketing, if you can't handle the roller coaster this is not the place for you.
Pros
Co-workers, Learning Opportunities
Cons
Management is short sighted
fun work place
Salesman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2015
I would make calls and sell lawncare. We would also go door to door and try to sell during the spring and fall. i loved my co-workers and it was a great environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
far drive to work
Fast Paced, Continuiously hiring company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Purceville, VAOctober 20, 2015
Fast paced, continuously hiring company with low company moral and very high employee turn over rate. Now they do have a very supportive management structure, but do not implement any employee retention practices.
Pros
Strong support structure from Owner
Cons
Too much turn over and low moral causes no employee loyalty
Fun workplace
Door Knocking Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJuly 9, 2015
Arrive and leave in teams. Go door to door, generate leads, and go home. Learned sales skills. Management was good, co-workers were even better.
Poor Management
Magazine sales Agent/Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah KentuckyJuly 6, 2015
Inexperienced Sales Crew Management.
In need of good sales experienced salesman/managers/LEADERS
If someone with prior d2d history were to be placed in the position of door knocking supervisor rather than someone just pulled off the streets in good standing with the franchise owner. The business would flourish and thrive quick. In need of someone able to practice what is preached! Able to jump out and get 20 leads without having to rely on the crews results.
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Albion NyMay 5, 2015
A typical day at the weed man is coming in and getting right on the phone. when we reach someone we see if they have lawn care service and or if they are happy with the service that they are getting. Management is good and my coworkers are to.

Want to know more about WeedMan Lawn Care?

Ask a question
very fun
Telemarketer/Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 24, 2015
I was a solicitor and a telemarketer there. I would much rather be a telemarketer there than a solicitor. Overall a good job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonal
Seasonal job
Lawn technician (Former Employee) –  Hixson TennesseeFebruary 16, 2015
This was a seasonal job that I worked while looking for other jobs I was qualified for. This is a very small workplace that specializes in lawn care.
Fun to work at, poor managment
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Love working outdoors, money was pretty good but the management was awful, love that it was commission based,
would load my truck in the morning complete as many lawns as possible then head back and clean up.
Pros
commision
Cons
management
Phone sales for a locally owned Lawn Fertilizing company.
Sales Rep Telemarketing (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 4, 2014
PT position working evenings selling fertilizing and weed control services to potential customers. I have a degree in horticulture with helped my success to becoming the top salesperson within the company. Love building a rapport with customers and educating them on all the benefits of our services with product knowledge and wisdom on turf, and services.
I have learned that with tenacity and confidence I can achieve set goals. If you don't quit you win. Don't let a "No" response stifle me, just move on.
The owner of the company is always willing to help out and always available to the employees.
I've made some great friendships at work. Always taking the new hires under my wing and help them polish their delivery, mentor them and always willing to answer any questions.
The hardest part of the job is trying to sell lawn care to people when there is 5 feet of snow on the ground and the cut in hours during the off season.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the 'Yes' and closing that big sale! The commission keeps me wanting to strive for more. I guess you could say that I am money driven.
Pros
Contest for gift cards, pizza parties
Cons
Only PT hours
Not very productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 20, 2013
The job sucked overall if you can do the cold and walking but if you have asthma like I did don't recommend them.
Good people, but poor working conditions
Solicitor/Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2013
Soliciting is a good job for a while, but as my boss told me, no one can do that forever.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Dealing with rude people
Fun work environment with great hours for college students.
Company Representative (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 16, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Weedman. Management was friendly and supportive, but also made it clear what was expected of canvassers.
very productive and up to beat
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 25, 2013
I absolutely loved working for WeedMan Lawn Care Company. We worked Monday through Thursday from 4pm to 7:30 pm, and on Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm. We would walk from door to door asking people would they like a free lawn analysis. We stayed on our feet for 3 hours with no breaks. I enjoyed every minute working with this company, and I wouldn't mind doing it again.
Amazing people and place to work.
Sales Rep/ Door Knocker (Current Employee) –  Champaign ILMay 24, 2012
Everyone was always so nice, Great place to work. Positive and amusing. We all worked together to get things done.
Pros
free dinner if we hit our goal.
Cons
there was none.
Fun Place to work with competitive incentives
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMay 19, 2012
We would meet at the shop everyday at 4:45 and go around to all the big subdivisions in southwestern ohio and northern kentucky and go door to door offering a free estimate on lawn fertilization and weed control
Pros
good pay, fun people
Cons
facing the elements ex: rain, snow, sleet, hail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeedMan Lawn Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8