Weekends Only Furniture & Mattress

Weekends Only Furniture & Mattress Employee Reviews

Hostile Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, MOJanuary 12, 2017
The company was under pressure to unionize its employees. This change caused friction between the employees and employers. Although I remained mostly positive about my work while I was there, others we not as successful in this area of positiveness.
It's a OK Place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILApril 6, 2016
It is an ok place to work sometimes the work load and thought process can be a bit overwhelming but i can handle most any situation in the workplace
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management Culture
Disconnected
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, MOFebruary 25, 2016
Executives don't care about hourly staff. Hours are horrible and pay is awful. Turn over is high in upper management so you are constantly having to re prove yourself as new bosses come n go. Coworkers were good and the corporate staff is great(buyers/marketing/planning). HR is racist and sexist.
Pros
Got off early on weekdays
Cons
No breaks, poor raises and pay, high turnover

Comment – April 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for the company. We are constantly seeking the best leaders for our stores. That type of change is hard, so we understand the adaptation to new people whether its manager or peers. However any changes are meant to improve the experience and process. We hope you will be able to talk to someone about any concerns you have. Our general manager team are always available to address your needs or issues. Lastly, our diverse HR team strives to ensure a fair and consistent process for everyone. Please bring feedback to your manager or anyone on the HR team to be addressed. Our goal is to be action oriented and provide a proactive business partnership. We would like an opportunity to achieve a positive employee experience with you!

Graciously,

HR Dept
opportunities@weekendsonly.com

not a bad place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2015
It was ok to work there it just depends on who's your boss. Its very cut throat, whoever can close the sale gets it. Other than that it was decent hours and decent pay.
Nice, peaceful working environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Sitter/Companion (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlJuly 14, 2015
A typical work day with my client is never the same. My client has Alzheimer's Disease. Some days are great some days are ugly. I've learned over time that when you can't get her to comply just walk away and come back. My boss is calm and collected, I think she really appreciates me working with her mom, it gives her time for herself. I don't have any co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when my client becomes very combative, there is no reasoning with her. I just have to let her be, make sure she doesn't get hurt and clean after her when I get a chance. I enjoy my client the most when she takes a trip down memory lane if fun to listen to her when she thinks she is 30 years old again. I get to see how she carried herself in that day and time. Sometimes it's like going to history class.
Pros
I really enjoy the history I learn about her life and how it was back then. Her company.
Cons
Her combativeness
Overall good company to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MOFebruary 22, 2015
The company has a strong belief in saving customers money. They will invest in their employees as well. The benefits are great. Medical insurance is a bit costly. You do work every weekend which can be challenging after a while.
Down to earth and family oriented.
Mattress Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOJune 19, 2014
It gives me great pleasure and pride to say that I worked for this company. They are big enough to help people make a decent living, but small enough to still care about their employees individually and their family lives. Working on the weekends has freed up my weeks to finish my schooling and I have enjoyed every work day. Everyone takes pride in their work and accomplishments.
Pros
They can work around your regular schedule.
Cons
I have not been able to move up as quickly as I would have liked to.
overall a good place to work but raises is terrible in this non union environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, MOJune 9, 2014
I load trucks, pick orders, put away transfers, help deliveries and receiving
Pros
free lunches, personal time off
Cons
only 20 cent raises
Great work place
Warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2014
Warehouse is a great place to work at. You learn a lot and you have to be ready for hard work..lol
good work place
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, MOApril 21, 2014
unloader trucks putaway product all and all good mangers working place to work
Pros
good staff
Cons
people
opertunity for growth
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  saint louisJanuary 21, 2014
Hours can be limited due to business need. Learned many functions of the business which lead to growth. Growth is limited due due small market availability of stores. Hardest part of the day was continual micro management which lead to constant turnover. The best part was the staff in the front and back of the stores which made work exciting.
Pros
great job for a student in college
Cons
limited growth due to small family business, this was a second job for most employees
Great concept for a business model 'weekends only'
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MODecember 24, 2013
Great part time job for extra cash plus commission is a 'D' for what its worth. Just like any other sales job, you're fighting for every customer. If you are not attentive to your customer, someone else will get the sale. The sales manager and other employees are pretty easy going and very helpful. The only upside to this company is people running it (top management) have not earned their stripes. Customer Service is lacking at the top level and contradicts for what the company stands, making it hard to serve the customer 90% of the time. The 10% is only possible because sales managers on the floor.
Cons
top management
enjoyed sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2013
Provided sales support and customer service at furniture store.
Fun place to work because of the people
Operations associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2013
It is a fast paced warehouse job. A typical day at work includes unloading trailers, assisting customers, doing cycle counts, and whatever your manager tells you to do. The co-workers are the best part about this job.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours
Turn Around!!
Showroom (Former Employee) –  BridgetonAugust 5, 2013
Take my advice. Turn away. Horrible place to work. Bad management, horrible pay, everything is ran by "corporate".
Pros
25% off discount on furniture
Cons
You'll never make enough money to afford to use the discount.
Weo
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Peters MOAugust 1, 2013
This was a great place to work. It is a job for someone that is wanting a little extra money and is willing to work on the weekend. If you want it as a full time position you will need to be a manager. Great culture and great management.
LEASING AGENT (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 27, 2013
Leasing Agent
Property Rental
Collecting Rent
Maintenance
Great co-workers always willing to help.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOJune 14, 2013
I had fun working at Weekend's Only for the most part, however it wasn't the right fit for me. I learned a lot about how to sell products to customers based on their needs. My managers were nice you could tell they loved their job. My co-workers were very friendly and were always there if I needed help. The hardest part of my job was not closing the sale, because that is what I was getting paid to do, and when i was unable to do that I had to sit down a figure out why. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers face when they found what they were looking for.
Wonderful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  st. peters, moMay 12, 2013
The company is wonderful. The people are even better. I looked forward to going to work with these people each weekend.
Fast pace place! keep up!
showroom lead/warehouse loader/unloader/stocker (Former Employee) –  ILSeptember 24, 2012
When you thought we were closed! We were working hard to put merchandise on showroom floor.Unloading trucks and stocking items
Pros
learning