Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work. Outstanding work/life balace.
Customer Service - Wine store (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 1, 2016
Management listens to concerns of its staff. Co-workers are great to work with. Interaction with customers is the most enjoyable part of the job. Dynamic work which involves physically stocking liquor product. Learning process as the liquor industry is a growing worldwide industry.
Pros
Employee appericiation days.
Cons
Standing for extended period of time.
Wegmans
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYApril 28, 2016
It was an okay job to work for. You have to be willing to work there it is a lot of work to be young and work there but also fun and have great opportunities.
Grocery store
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ocean, NJApril 24, 2016
Break the load down
Pack the load out
help customers
block products
Clean up the back room
When needed help in other departments

I have learned
Building display's
Building endcaps
ordering
Pros
Employee apperiation days
Cons
no help
Great opportunities for engaging part-time work
Gainesville, Virginia Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 23, 2016
Wegmans was the best option for me after graduating college and looking for part-time work. There is a great sense of community in the workplace and employee empowerment is a cornerstone of their beliefs. Employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas to management and are given wide and varied opportunities for further training.
Cons
inconsistent schedules
Team work
Customer Service - Front End/Produce (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 23, 2016
A typcial day at Wegmans has a high paced atmosphere that requires the employees to work hard and work together to effectively run operations. I've learned the importance of effective leadership and what it takes to bring out the best in my co-workers. Management provides the tools necessary to allow growth from within the various departments. My co-workers have grown to be people I can rely and depend on. Building relationships with co-workers has proven to be a big reason for success. The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide exactly what the customer is asking for. The best we can do as employees is find the best alternative to try and satisfy what the customer is looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to establish great and lasting relationships with my co-workers. They have grown to become friends and make the workplace a fun place to be.
Truly a great place to work
Information Technology Specialist65 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 22, 2016
I worked at Wegmans for 42 years. There are no limits to what you can do and learn with this company. If a person is not happy working there they would not be happy anywhere. the best part of the job was the fact that I did everyday what I loved to do. Because of this, it did not ever feel like a job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
I had to retire sometime
Great and fun work environment!
Cashier/Customer Assistance (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 21, 2016
Wegmans is a top company to work for! Very flexible with hours and working in different departments. Great experience!
Friendly work environment with great coworkers
Full Time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYApril 13, 2016
A typical day I would set up the cold food bars and would make a list of food/product I had to make that day. I learned very good time management and customer service skills. Some of the friendliest and most personable coworkers. Hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the amount of customers, preparation, and cleanliness during busy hours. Most enjoyable part would definitely be the people I worked with
Best place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2016
I loved working at Wegmans. It has so many opportunities to grow and also so much that they teach you as in cooking, different kinds of foods and orientals
Great place for a part timer
Customer Service Associate-Deli (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 11, 2016
Worked in the deli, was trained by company, management will work with you to improve skills that you want to improve on, by far the best groccery store to work for!
benefits
Baker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2016
Sick time is good for part time workers. Good place to work for part time workers good benefits The first two years were good when the son stepped down as CEO the everything changed.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
lack of consistent managers
great first job
cashier/ helping hands (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 11, 2016
Great for teens looking for their first job. good flexible schedules, lots of departments, competitive pay, and easy training.
Best company ever
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAApril 10, 2016
Too many gray things and nice people. Selector. Loafer. Quality assurance and inventory. They throw parties like once s month
Pros
If you get the hang of things it bevomrs a breeze
Cons
Great place to work? I don't think so!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 9, 2016
I don't think Wegmans is not a good place to work. I think Wegmans is a good company but management is very BAD. Like schedule when finish closing but need opening next day, in most case it should break one day that change to different schedule, this is very easy but they not to do so.

When hiring, they say will care employer but not, they want working on safe place but not. Like the working table not adjustable, some will okay but other not, if long hours using that table will hurt my back.

Since some store business not good, they cut a lot of working hours, it mostly on part time job, we still need do more or less the same of job, it is very hard for us, most of employee is overwork load, management know about that but not take any action.
Pros
good benetfit
Cons
bad management, overwork load
Great workplace
Cashier and Barista (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14610April 9, 2016
Typical day includes satisfying all customers and doing what ever to help anyone out. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting new people and making customers happy. Wegmans is a great company to work for.
Wonderful place to work for
Sub Shop Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 7, 2016
Wegmans is a great company to work for with so many wonderful co workers to make your shift nice and smooth. There is many opportunities for you to expand your career working at Wegmans with the many different departments.
Stock
Dairy Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 5, 2016
A typical day is to go in and make a list of the products that are missing on the selves and go in the back and grab the products to fill the selves.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Customer coplain
Don't do it. Just don't.
SEAFOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  PAApril 5, 2016
Wegmans used to be a great company to work for. The last few years it has really gone downhill. They used to care about people but now they only care about the bottom line. The turnover rate is getting ridiculous and people who have been there for years are willing to take pay cuts to get out of there before it gets even worse...if that's possible. Would NOT recommend.
Great coworkers Poor advancement Oppurtunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 2, 2016
Enjoyed working at wegmans. However when I decided to advance in my career with them after working almost 4 years with them I was told I could have the opportunity to advance. Little did I know that a week later I was told that management had change their minds and decided to give the postion to a less experienced person who had been there for only a year.
Pros
Scholorship
Cons
Lack of Respect from management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYApril 1, 2016
My typical day consisted of helping customers and making sure the shelves were neat. Another responsibility I had was to make sure my cash drawer wasn't over and/or short.
Pros
Scholarships
Cons
Not Enough Hours

4.3