Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

FUN WORKPLACE
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Cicero, NYJuly 9, 2014
AMAZING FUN WORKPLACE!! GREAT COMPANY, GREAT TRAINING! EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY AND UNDERSTANDING
Great Job
Frontend Full- Time Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, New YorkJuly 8, 2014
Great place for students to work. Great place to grow! Dont chase the money if your a student..
General help/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 3, 2014
I was let go unfairly. I believe I deserved another chance. Really miss working there but I was treated unfair.
Prepared Foods (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2014
One of the best companies I have been able to work for yet. Great benefits, they treat you well, great place for advancement.
Good for what it is
Meat Team Leader (Current Employee), ManalapanJune 27, 2014
Pros: better than average pay, healthcare
Cons: hours, working all holidays
Wegmans is excellent if you're comparing it to other jobs in the same field. But all in all it is a retail job. The management is excellent and the work environment is very caring.
The hours are not fun but thats a function of retail. However, if you are willing to give it your all it is a place that will allow you to move up slowly over time.
Great place to work with excellent chances at advancement
Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJune 27, 2014
I have worked with this company for 9+ years and it is a great place to work with managers that have a genuine concern for each of their employees.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Town of Perinton, NYJune 26, 2014
not enough hours, change in management constant, always hiring new employess
Outstanding company culture and great management.
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great training programs, fun employees, free events, discount movie and car wash tickets
Great place to work. The employees are awesome and the management genuinely cares about you and your goals.
Great place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 24, 2014
The job was great there was just a lot of favoritism with managers with the co-workers.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Customer Service and store photographer (Current Employee), Canandaguia, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: family-like environment
Cons: little ability to move up within the company
A typical day at work is coming in early and setting up for the day. Preparing orders to be picked up on time and handling customers that walk up.
Understanding and Supportive Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility and trust within the company.
Cons: inconsistent schedules and hours.
Wegmans is known for spoiling their customers, which is exactly why we all love shopping there, right? They also cater very well to employees. As a trusted employee, I am confident any time something comes up in life, with school, or within the workplace that someone is there to listen and help. I know each day upon clocking in that my wellness as an – more... employee is a priority for my managers. After a lengthy college career, I was able to either limit my schedule or leave temporarily to complete my degree when necessary. I am confident that my job will be there for me as long as I need it, which is incredibly important today, what with all the lay-offs and cut backs. They provide insurance for their part and full timers, as well as the opportunity to donate, participate in charity and company projects, and our input is always welcome. I am very proud to be able to say these things about my company, as not many can! – less
Low pay, flexible schedule
Customer service/food prep (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJune 21, 2014
Pros: break room, utensils and water provided, air conditioning, flexible schedule
Cons: scheduled outside availability, short shifts, inexperienced managers, low pay
I am a part time employee. It is always hard to get enough hours and management is always looking to cut hours but at the same time will hire more employees. Wegmans does allow you to cross-train in another department to try to get more hours. Wegmans works well with your schedule but often schedules outside your availability. Inconsistent work times, – more... I have known people to work weeks without a day off. Pay depends on how long you are there and not on the quality of your work. There are opportunities to advance but normally you would have to switch stores. Most of the managers and higher ranking people are friends, so if you have a problem with a manager there's not much you can do. Management positions are not based on ability or experience. Also, Wegmans rarely fires employees, this often results in other employees picking up the slack.

We get a small raise every 6 months but unfortunately this raises as the same rate as the new minimum wage. – less
Employee Representative
Employee Representative (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 20, 2014
Pros: great place to work overall, provided me the foundation to provide excellent customer service.
Cons: no advancement in hr.
Was responsible for opening stores in new markets.

Recruitment, on boarding, training and employee relations.

Supported 20+ managers and 1000 employees.

Provided leadership and guidance to management to deal with daily employee matters.

Retail is a hard schedule, no weekends off, no holidays off and dealing with numerous issues.

Really love Wegmans!! – more... It is truly the best grocery store and a great place to work. Had I desired a career in retail management, I would still be there, but wanted a less demanding career with more flexibility. – less
This store was so clean.
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre,PA.June 20, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work. clean and efficient.
Cons: only that i needed full time then.( not really a con)
I started working part time in the evenings. I enjoyed working with the people at night.

I did not feel this was a very hard job.
I also tried to work in the cash office. But there were so many procedures, It was just to complicated for me.

I decided to work in the pharmacy. The Pharmacists were very nice
and i learned a lot. I needed to work full – more... time then, but they were not hiring then. So that is when i changed jobs.

Now I need part time.
I got along with all my co-workers. – less
i love this job
Helping hands (Former Employee), woodbridge,njJune 18, 2014
overall this is a good job and the people here are friendly. I learned how to interact with all kinds of people and different personalities. There was no hard part about this job everything was made easy. i enjoyed meeting new people every day.
Wegmans is great!
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, flexible hours, opportunity for advancement
Cons: fulltime hours can be a bit hard to come by if you are new or inexperienced, you work with high school students a lot
I worked there for the better part of 5 yrs and have very few complaints. People are very friendly and if you like working with the public its perfect
NICE PLACE FOR PART TIME
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 16, 2014
VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK, MANAGERS ALL HELP AND COMMUNICATE, THERE WHEN NEEDED.
Wegmans
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rochester NYJune 11, 2014
Wegmans is a great place to work with great people and great management.
Fast pace, high stress, but very rewarding
Accounting Office Associate (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2014
Cons: not many hours to go around.
Wegmans is always busy so be ready to work! Fast pace environment. The accounting office can be a high stress environment, however if you work well under pressure you will be fine.
great place to work
Night Crew (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 5, 2014
Pros: great benifits an advancement
Wegmans cares for there employees as much as the customers .Great atmosphere an great place for college students to work they are very flexiable on there scheduling

1 2 3 4 5

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more