Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Great atmosphere/Great People
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 19, 2016
I've learned a great deal about customer service, operating a cash register and performing well under pressure. I've learned how to deal with many people from many walks of life.
Pros
Great food
Cons
short breaks and very strenous work
Perfect for a first job
Runner (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 19, 2016
Job is straight forward with day to day operation varying slightly. I've learned how to work in other positions with hands on experience. How to set priories to help business overall flow more smoothly. Management works with you to accomplish tasks when there is a time constraint. The hardest part is dealing with the constant changes with how things are done or being handled because of the lack of communication between the employees. I do enjoy the new experiences because they give me skills that I can take with me.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY 13090May 19, 2016
Short shifts, great customer service and support training, management are wonderful to talk too, co-workers are helpful, dealing with customers sometimes is difficult, meeting new people. Not a perfect place but close to it!
Pros
Flexible hours for family needs, great work enviroment and support and rewards for doing a great job.
Cons
retail envionment, and low pay
Great Company
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 18, 2016
In the short amount of time that I've been with the company, I've seen first hand how the company puts people first. I fully understand why they have been and will continue to be successful.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
I think that the training can be done a little differently
Loved working for this place
Health and Beauty Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDMay 18, 2016
This was such an awesome company. The people were great. The customers were great. I would highly recommend this place to other people.
good
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 17, 2016
great place to work good food good people. Flexible scheduling. Advancement is possible. Can be boring at times. Corporate sucks. Great benefits. Growing chain. Safe and clean environment. Not what it used to be however. Going the path of walmart.
Pros
good times
Cons
long lines
Excellent
Frozen Foods Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYMay 17, 2016
Besides pay rate being one of the only major down falls, wegmans is flexible with their employees with great benefits to help with school and also gives an employee a great customer service learning experience
Pros
Scholarship, experience, flexibility
Cons
pay, management, hours
Good Work to Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 16, 2016
A good place to work. Respectful, caring and friendly co-workers. The pay is good for a retail store. Lot of opportunities to make yourself better!
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  DeWitt, NYMay 16, 2016
I really love this job. I get to communicate with customers and they are vary flexible with availability. I love working here and i look forward to continuing working here.
Pros
Half hour lunches
Exciting, but over-whelming
Produce Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 16, 2016
I made a lot of great, hard-working friends at Wegmans. It was easily the best work culture of anywhere I've worked and the only job where I had a lot of friends that I wanted to hang out with outside of work. Working for Wegmans is hard work and if you are looking to slack off and collect a paycheck, this is not the right company. The work is not difficult per say, but it is very detail-oriented and never-ending. I worked in the fresh market area of produce where we cut and packaged fruits and vegetables. This was an intense area to work in especially because the corporate expansion of the fresh cut area is taken very seriously. Expectations were high and there was a lot of pressure to keep increasing sales, introducing new products, and making more and more displays throughout the store. The days fly by because the work is fast-paced and plentiful. There is never idle time. My store was particularly busy, but some are less busy. There is hardly ever a shortage of hours. Myself and most of my other part-time co-workers worked a minimum of 32 hours per week. I had a lot of autonomy at this job and power to make my own choices, plan my own workday, and generate new ideas. For these reasons, I really enjoyed the job and felt an incredible sense of pride in my accomplishments. However, it is easy to let the job take over your life. It seems silly, but I would find myself thinking about what I needed to do at work the next morning while falling asleep at night. This was the part I really did not like. If you can accept the fact that the job might take over your life/know how to  more... distance yourself, this is a great company to grow with. Unlike other grocery stores I've worked at, people are constantly moving departments and positions and full-time openings become available frequently.  less
Pros
free food in the breakroom, great co-workers, ability to make decisions
Cons
lots of pressure to produce more and work faster
Management needs improvement!
Server and Bartender Part Time (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 15, 2016
Management at Wegmans needs to be better with employee needs. Everytime I need to take time off, or to speak to a manager about a personal issue they ignore it and deal with their own business.
Do Not Apply as a Minor.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2016
I was hired at age 17 (senior in HS) and was put on the front end as a cashier. I didn't mind it for the first few months, but I would always end each shift with bad neck and back pain. (I am 6'3 and sometimes you are put on shorter registers and requires you to be in terrible positions and bad posture follows). I wanted to transfer departments. I submitted an application and no one ever got back to me. I saw kids younger than me, being there much shorter than me, being transferred to other departments before me. I wrote a letter to my manager expressing my feelings and dissatisfaction in a polite and mature manner. I was brought in to the office and was basically told to "watch what I say". I'm currently a college student and being a student is my #1 priority. They are pretty good about scheduling you around what works for you. Work environment is eh. Men are told to tuck their shirts in and I always do, yet I see many men have their shirts un-tucked and no one says a thing. I would only recommend applying to Wegmans if you are over 18 and going into a department that is NOT front end cashing. It is a miserable time. The customers are very sweet however and I have received multiple free meals due to them letting Customer Service of the job I was doing. Oh yeah, you cannot bring water to your register, be prepared for hours of talking with NO way of hydrating yourself!
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Inability to transfer, rude/hostile management, physical pain
Very enjoyable place to work with friendly employees.
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 14, 2016
I prepped a variety of cheeses for sale and assisted customers with any questions or problems they may have. Co-workers were always very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
A fun, and positive place to work
cashier part time (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 12, 2016
I would say that working here on a typical day can be both enjoyable and stressful at the same time. On one hand we have a great team of coworkers here and customers who I can honestly say are pleasant to be around. On the other hand there are days where it can be very busy and we all have to give it 110% to satisfy each person to the best of our ability. I learned how to handle a situation that could prove to be disastrous. As far as the management is concerned I can honestly say that they have my utmost respect and kindness because I feel as though I can talk to them about whatever is bothering me whenever I can and the treat me as a valued member to the team. My co-workers here are good, team players that I can rely on whenever I need them. The hardest part of the job are the times where we would be understaffed and have to work two times as hard to make up for the lack of people on the clock. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a job that I worked hard on ending in success.
Pros
a lot of benefits, good environment, decent amount of hours
Cons
sometimes we are understaffed on certain days
good
Service Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  ridge culverMay 12, 2016
it was good and I enjoyed the experience and I am only wanting to leave because I am looking for new opportunities that will help succeed in my futurew
Pros
the family orianted company
Cons
busy
Retail
Cashier, Overnight Stock (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of working the cash register. Helping out customers and employees. Cleaning the work areas. Stocking shelves. I learned a lot about working together with others. Management was there to help when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers
Pros
healthcare
Wegmans East Ave
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 7, 2016
Wegmans is definitely a friendly work environment. Everyday I came in I was always greeted by everyone, The management, and fellow employees are amazing.
Pros
Care service provides lunch for those who cant
Cons
no cons
Fun Workplace at time
Customer Service/Baker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMay 6, 2016
It was fun being a Baker, I came in at 4 AM had music, gave info about the my bread masterpieces.
had a fun co-workers, just the higher ups did not see eye to eye with a lot of the workers.
Pros
Music!
Cons
Fun place to work. Outstanding work/life balace.
Customer Service - Wine store (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 1, 2016
Management listens to concerns of its staff. Co-workers are great to work with. Interaction with customers is the most enjoyable part of the job. Dynamic work which involves physically stocking liquor product. Learning process as the liquor industry is a growing worldwide industry.
Pros
Employee appericiation days.
Cons
Standing for extended period of time.
Wegmans
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYApril 28, 2016
It was an okay job to work for. You have to be willing to work there it is a lot of work to be young and work there but also fun and have great opportunities.

4.3