Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,269 reviews matching the search
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 23, 2017
Wegmans is an amazing company. I loved every day of my almost eight years there. They treat their employees with respect and appreciate the things that they do.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Pay was not great
Great place to work at
Store Operation Intern (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 23, 2017
Wegmans is a great place to work at. They have flexible hours and management cares about the employees. Wegmans is a very diverts company. It creates a atmosphere where you can enjoy coming to work everyday.
Productive busy grocery store
Assistant Service Desk Manager / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 22, 2017
Started as a cashier and then cashier trainer. Moved to service desk and then Assistant Service Desk manager. Management was constantly moving and changing so it was sometimes difficult to communicate with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was that they worked with me as a working mom and making my hours flexible.
Pros
Worked with employees with their personal lives and work schedule
Cons
Managment communication
Great place to work, if you are looking for a part time career
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PAApril 20, 2017
I have started at Wegmans as a part time employee and have been both a full timer and team leader. It was amazing at first, when I was part time. They were super flexible and gave me weekends off and I wasn't held"accountable" (that's a Wegmans word for who gets the blame when things do not get done) for much. As a full timer, you clean up and pick up the slack of the part timers. Team leaders and department managers are oblivious and walk around talking to one another while the full timers are stressed and trying to keep things going. Schedules are horrible and you are always tired due to the crazy hours and too many consecutive days. As a team leader, nothing that you do is ever enough. They are always on your case because of payroll hours and opportunity hours. They want their cases full while keeping shrink low. Nothing is ever good enough.Pay is OK but the aggravation and being talked down by upper management makes it a horrible place to work.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Unqualified managers
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAApril 19, 2017
I work limited hours there per day, about five hours. We normally get a lot of distribution in around the holidays and especially on Thursdays and Sundays every week when the weather is nice (for the patio furniture which we sell). I enjoy working with the customers and giving them suggestions when it comes to what products have the best ratings.
Pros
Number one in safety and in the top 5 companies to work for.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, hard to get hours
Produce (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. The culture is great! The management is great but the hardest part of the job is moving up. The company is great but the ability to move up is hard because people usually work till they retire. This makes it difficult to move up in the company.
Pros
Work life
Cons
Compensation
Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Prepared Foods (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 19, 2017
Wegmans was a great place to work and I regret that I had to leave. The people there taught me many skills and I truly learned to provide incredible customer service (the Wegmans motto).
Pros
You will learn many skills.
Cons
You may be asked to switch departments often.
Great Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAApril 19, 2017
5.5- 8 hour days as part time employee, great place to learn and grow within the company. For the most part great employees to work with. Workplace is fast paced on certain days of the week. If you are looking for weekends off the management staff is flexible, but you will still have to work most weekends. Overall great place to work as a young student.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
pay
Work outside of cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 18, 2017
I was only a cashier in my two year experience with Wegmans. I think Wegmans would be a great place to work outside of being a cashier. It was really hard dealing with some customers
Pros
Wicked flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Most amazing company
Distribution Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2017
Wegmans is an amazing company to work for. It is a company that truly cares about it's people and it's employees. I truly enjoy working for such a great company who takes care of it's people.
Kind Working Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2017
Working here was great i was able to speak to all different types of people while also being able to lend a helping hand to both costumers and co workers when needed .
Wish I still worked there
Dewitt, NY - Cashier (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYApril 17, 2017
I made the mistake of finding somewhere else to work, although Wegmans is the place that is flexible, well managed, and a well-rounded environment. Would 10/10 go back to work for.
Pros
Fantastic place to work for.
Cons
Sometimes scheduled 3.45 hours instead of 4 so you would not receive break.
LOVED working for this place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 16, 2017
I've worked for Wegmans for three years and I loved it. It was always something to do kept you pretty busy. The place was very family oriented. They care about their employees. You were always able to move up in the company which was amazing. The only hard part about the job was keeping up with how busy it would get at times.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
didn't give a lot of hours
A good place to work, just the wrong position.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAApril 13, 2017
I loved Wegmans and the Workers that came with it. However my position there as cashier was extremely boring as you are standing in the same place for long amounts of time with no space to move around, and very often just standing there waiting for a customer. If there was a chance for me to change positions, I would've loved to continue as a employee for Wegmans.
Pros
Friendly Workers, Flexible scheduling
Cons
Short Breaks, No employee discounts, Not much room to move about, Boring
Productive, challenging position for any chef.
Kitchen staff, prep/sous chef (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 12, 2017
Wegman's makes you feel apart of a family and not a workforce. I enjoyed preparing meals for the Chef's case and never had a complaint about coming to work.
Pros
Great Pay!
Cons
No cons
Pleasant company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 12, 2017
The Wegmans family is very family oriented. There are many options of advancement and moving up. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably interacting with some of the customers. The hardest part is the long shifts.
Pros
Friendly staff, comfortable environment, food parties
Cons
no discounts
fun place to work, colorful staff. constant motivation
Cashier/ Patisserie/ Food Sampling (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2017
I began working at wegmans as a cashier, which helped me greatly with my public speaking and customer service skills. I was at that position for several months before I was asked by management to move to the patisserie (bakery) department. My tasks there included inflow and outflow of inventory on the shelves, and preparation of inventory. I did well at this job for about a month before I was asked again by management to move departments; this time I was asked to become a part of the food sampling team. We had weekly meetings as a team and allocated who would be sampling what on which days. I was responsible for the sampling done in the patisserie department indefinitely.
Pros
free coffee, free food
Cons
customer service
Very productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 12, 2017
Wegmans was a great workplace. Everyone was friendly for the most part and is also very considerate. There was lots of ways to make more money and getting paid every week was only a bonus.
Pros
A raise every holiday and Sundays.
Cons
None that i can think of.
Wegmans
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAApril 11, 2017
Wegmans is a very great place to work, although ringing out customers was not a job meant for me. I loved the staff, but I could not see myself working there in 2 years.
One of the Best places to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 11, 2017
very friendly work place the co workers and managers alike treat you with respect and help grow and strengthen work information and skills. There are tons of employee days with free drinks/lunch and care cards given out often to show how much they value us as employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3