Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment and friendly management
Incredible Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 30, 2016
Wegmans is a great company to work for they are very flexible, employee focused, and customer friendly work place. Wegmans cares about its employees it not like these companies who are only looking at the money they can make.
Productive and encouraging environment
Prep Cook/Cook III (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 28, 2016
My time spent working for this company was fun and interesting. I learned a lot whilst working there. The benefits were mainly for full-time employees, there were a few benefits for part-time employees. The managers were as friendly as they were driven, which needless to say they were well driven. The co-workers were also very friendly.
Pros
frequent events offering food
Cons
Highly disapproved of smoking
Productive work environment, full of hard workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 26, 2016
A typical day as a Wegmans Cashier includes but is not limited to dealing with all sorts of customers, counting money, being honest and trustworthy, and standing for 4-5 hours during your shift before/after breaks. As a wegmans employee I have learned to be patient and caring for the costumer because they are what makes the business successful. The management at Wegmans is great, always friendly but also make sure you know everything you need to know in order to be a successful employee. The co-workers i work with at Wegmans are always looking for ways to help others improve and they are very flexible. The hardest part of the job would be just standing for 5 hours at a time with no break, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be satisfying all of the costumers and doing that while be quick and efficent,
Pros
Nice benefits, chance for growth.
Cons
long work period between a break, dealing with costumers who arent happy.
Family Oriented
Deli Employee (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYMay 26, 2016
Wegmans made customers and employees alike feel like family and feel appreciated. It was a great work environment. Employees also got great benefits, one being insurance. And they cared about their employees health and needs.
Flexible Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 25, 2016
Wegmans has taught me how to deal with difficult customers and how to provide the customers with great customer service. Because of Wegmans, great customer service is something I strongly stand upon. The most enjoyable part of this job was making connections with many different people and learning new things everyday.
Great atmosphere/Great People
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 19, 2016
I've learned a great deal about customer service, operating a cash register and performing well under pressure. I've learned how to deal with many people from many walks of life.
Pros
Great food
Cons
short breaks and very strenous work
Perfect for a first job
Runner (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 19, 2016
Job is straight forward with day to day operation varying slightly. I've learned how to work in other positions with hands on experience. How to set priories to help business overall flow more smoothly. Management works with you to accomplish tasks when there is a time constraint. The hardest part is dealing with the constant changes with how things are done or being handled because of the lack of communication between the employees. I do enjoy the new experiences because they give me skills that I can take with me.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY 13090May 19, 2016
Short shifts, great customer service and support training, management are wonderful to talk too, co-workers are helpful, dealing with customers sometimes is difficult, meeting new people. Not a perfect place but close to it!
Pros
Flexible hours for family needs, great work enviroment and support and rewards for doing a great job.
Cons
retail envionment, and low pay
Great Company
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 18, 2016
In the short amount of time that I've been with the company, I've seen first hand how the company puts people first. I fully understand why they have been and will continue to be successful.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
I think that the training can be done a little differently
Loved working for this place
Health and Beauty Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDMay 18, 2016
This was such an awesome company. The people were great. The customers were great. I would highly recommend this place to other people.

Want to know more about Wegmans?

Ask a question
good
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 17, 2016
great place to work good food good people. Flexible scheduling. Advancement is possible. Can be boring at times. Corporate sucks. Great benefits. Growing chain. Safe and clean environment. Not what it used to be however. Going the path of walmart.
Pros
good times
Cons
long lines
Excellent
Frozen Foods Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYMay 17, 2016
Besides pay rate being one of the only major down falls, wegmans is flexible with their employees with great benefits to help with school and also gives an employee a great customer service learning experience
Pros
Scholarship, experience, flexibility
Cons
pay, management, hours
Good Work to Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 16, 2016
A good place to work. Respectful, caring and friendly co-workers. The pay is good for a retail store. Lot of opportunities to make yourself better!
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  DeWitt, NYMay 16, 2016
I really love this job. I get to communicate with customers and they are vary flexible with availability. I love working here and i look forward to continuing working here.
Pros
Half hour lunches
Exciting, but over-whelming
Produce Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 16, 2016
I made a lot of great, hard-working friends at Wegmans. It was easily the best work culture of anywhere I've worked and the only job where I had a lot of friends that I wanted to hang out with outside of work. Working for Wegmans is hard work and if you are looking to slack off and collect a paycheck, this is not the right company. The work is not difficult per say, but it is very detail-oriented and never-ending. I worked in the fresh market area of produce where we cut and packaged fruits and vegetables. This was an intense area to work in especially because the corporate expansion of the fresh cut area is taken very seriously. Expectations were high and there was a lot of pressure to keep increasing sales, introducing new products, and making more and more displays throughout the store. The days fly by because the work is fast-paced and plentiful. There is never idle time. My store was particularly busy, but some are less busy. There is hardly ever a shortage of hours. Myself and most of my other part-time co-workers worked a minimum of 32 hours per week. I had a lot of autonomy at this job and power to make my own choices, plan my own workday, and generate new ideas. For these reasons, I really enjoyed the job and felt an incredible sense of pride in my accomplishments. However, it is easy to let the job take over your life. It seems silly, but I would find myself thinking about what I needed to do at work the next morning while falling asleep at night. This was the part I really did not like. If you can accept the fact that the job might take over your life/know how to  more... distance yourself, this is a great company to grow with. Unlike other grocery stores I've worked at, people are constantly moving departments and positions and full-time openings become available frequently.  less
Pros
free food in the breakroom, great co-workers, ability to make decisions
Cons
lots of pressure to produce more and work faster
Management needs improvement!
Server and Bartender Part Time (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 15, 2016
Management at Wegmans needs to be better with employee needs. Everytime I need to take time off, or to speak to a manager about a personal issue they ignore it and deal with their own business.
Do Not Apply as a Minor.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2016
I was hired at age 17 (senior in HS) and was put on the front end as a cashier. I didn't mind it for the first few months, but I would always end each shift with bad neck and back pain. (I am 6'3 and sometimes you are put on shorter registers and requires you to be in terrible positions and bad posture follows). I wanted to transfer departments. I submitted an application and no one ever got back to me. I saw kids younger than me, being there much shorter than me, being transferred to other departments before me. I wrote a letter to my manager expressing my feelings and dissatisfaction in a polite and mature manner. I was brought in to the office and was basically told to "watch what I say". I'm currently a college student and being a student is my #1 priority. They are pretty good about scheduling you around what works for you. Work environment is eh. Men are told to tuck their shirts in and I always do, yet I see many men have their shirts un-tucked and no one says a thing. I would only recommend applying to Wegmans if you are over 18 and going into a department that is NOT front end cashing. It is a miserable time. The customers are very sweet however and I have received multiple free meals due to them letting Customer Service of the job I was doing. Oh yeah, you cannot bring water to your register, be prepared for hours of talking with NO way of hydrating yourself!
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Inability to transfer, rude/hostile management, physical pain
Very enjoyable place to work with friendly employees.
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 14, 2016
I prepped a variety of cheeses for sale and assisted customers with any questions or problems they may have. Co-workers were always very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
A fun, and positive place to work
cashier part time (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 12, 2016
I would say that working here on a typical day can be both enjoyable and stressful at the same time. On one hand we have a great team of coworkers here and customers who I can honestly say are pleasant to be around. On the other hand there are days where it can be very busy and we all have to give it 110% to satisfy each person to the best of our ability. I learned how to handle a situation that could prove to be disastrous. As far as the management is concerned I can honestly say that they have my utmost respect and kindness because I feel as though I can talk to them about whatever is bothering me whenever I can and the treat me as a valued member to the team. My co-workers here are good, team players that I can rely on whenever I need them. The hardest part of the job are the times where we would be understaffed and have to work two times as hard to make up for the lack of people on the clock. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a job that I worked hard on ending in success.
Pros
a lot of benefits, good environment, decent amount of hours
Cons
sometimes we are understaffed on certain days
good
Service Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  ridge culverMay 12, 2016
it was good and I enjoyed the experience and I am only wanting to leave because I am looking for new opportunities that will help succeed in my futurew
Pros
the family orianted company
Cons
busy

4.3