Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Wegmans Summary
Frozen Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 22, 2016
I have moved around Wegmans in different departments quite a few times now and it is always the same problem. The management is just awful wherever you go in the store. They act like they are better than you and play favorites and its just not a good store to work for honestly. I love all my other co-workers and everyone is very friendly, the only problem is the management and that makes it hard to want to work when you feel like your boss doesn't believe in you.
Amazing experience and great place to work
Deli Part-Time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 14, 2016
Working at Wegmans has enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills immensely. This experience has given me the opportunity to grow not only as a person but as a team member as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Best company
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  2200 East Ridge Road, Rochester,NY 14622July 12, 2016
An All around company, they are respectful ,low prices, and they care what more can i say. it was a privilege to come across Wegmans and become apart of the family
Scholarship
Customer Service Sub Shop (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 12, 2016
not much to grow for advancement certain favoritism among management ... if you do a great job departments will not let you go easily.
Pros
scholarship, co workers
Cons
management sucks and people call of all the time without getting in trouble
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Retail (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 10, 2016
Company is great to work for and really take care of their employees. I have enjoyed eleven great years with the company, getting to know many people, and having the opportunity to work in various departments.
The Best
Customer Service Specialist and Sales Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 10, 2016
This was an awesome experience! I loved working for the Wegmans bakery in Leesburg, VA. I learned so much on sales, customer service, and how to run a great business!
Pros
Great Work Environment and Culture
I love working at Wegmans
Deli Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYJuly 7, 2016
Wegmans has been a great place to develop myself as a professional. My managers lead my teams well, and I enjoyed the work and the people I worked alongside.
Its okay
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYJuly 6, 2016
Its and okay company to work for. The pay is okay the management is okay. They are flexible, and help you grow.
Face pace environment
Customer Service-bakery (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 4, 2016
customer service-Taking orders, decorating cakes, baking
team work environment
always educating the people and workers on new products with sampling
Pros
workers are treated to summer picnics and holiday parties
Cons
over worked-not enough workers for depts
This is a GREAT Job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDJuly 4, 2016
The job as a cashier was repetitive but, there were many upsides. Management was always understanding and approachable. Atmosphere was great. Coworkers were all decent people and there was a sense of teamwork. Great pay and $2 per hour increase for working on Sundays. Great store. The customers were even friendly and cheerful. Wish I could have stayed here. Great advancement opportunities even though some did not seem fair at times.
general merchandise
General Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 28, 2016
working in general merchandise was fun. you get to build displays and make everything look nice for the customer
Very Good Place
Customer Service Produce (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJune 25, 2016
Work is good and simple. There is a very comfortable and family atmosphere at work. This is a great job for retirees and students.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Difficult to Move Up; Micro management
sufficient for a job between semesters
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJune 23, 2016
Wegmans is a well run organization, but I find the work to be quite tedious. It was fine for a job between semesters, but I need a job that better fits my personal interests and career goals. I was also never scheduled to work as much as I would like. Short shifts or just short hours. I prefer Wegmans as a customer than as an employee.
Pros
its a nice grocery store
Cons
too few hours of work
A great company to work for with an excellent work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2016
Wegmans is a company who cares for their employees. On the day to day basis fellow coworkers and supervisors go beyond expectations to make sure your shift go as smooth as possible. Its a very organized company so their are barely any problems and when there is there's the human resource office to help. In a typical workday I would interact with hundreds of customers while cashing out groceries, assisting the customers in need and keeping the parking lot clean.
Family oriented business
Coffee Team Leader/ Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 18, 2016
The company truly cares. It is a faced paced environment but great people to work with. It's a secured job with wonderful benefits. Quick moving up in the business process.
Amazing place to be
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJune 18, 2016
Wegmans is dedicated to making both their employees and their customers happy. Employees that are treated well treat their customers well. I was offered a great starting rate for a part time job, and they give me the hours I really need. Wegmans truly cares about it's people.
Pros
Kind to staff, good pay, fair treatment, good hours
Cons
Some rude customers
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 18, 2016
This is good company. I met a lot of people here, and learn a lot here. But I don't want to be a cashier forever.
This company is great because it is like family.
A great enviroment to work in.
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MdJune 18, 2016
Whatever you can dream of, they have it: literally.
It was easy to access first hands on knowledge the majority of the time. the atmosphere was astounding but always to the customers liking as well as weekly samples- also to customers reviews in which kept them as regulars wanting more.
Pros
Freindly working supervisors
Cons
Too many bosses giving too many orders all at once.(a Who's Who)
Great Company With Great Benefits
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401June 15, 2016
The company overall is great. It's a family owned business that has a cult following. The only unfortunate thing is how management handles certain aspects. The company is set up as the customer is not always right. The company itself is based upon the setting of employees. Their main teaching was that the employees are always first. In this case, the company does very well in holding to that. The only ones that do not uphold that status anymore is management. We have a high turnover rate with little to no help now. The company used to be very difficult to get into with employees staying years within the company.
Benefits
Good place for Retail
Bulk Foods Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAJune 14, 2016
Managers treat employees pretty well and company will give you food for long meetings or as a thank you after rough seasons like holidays.
Pros
good pay, free food
Cons
customers are spoiled

4.3