Wegmans

Wegmans Employee Reviews

my first job
Service Desk Representative (Former Employee), elmira, nyJuly 31, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: late hours
Wegmans was a fun place for my first job, it is where I first learned a lot about member service and that I work well with people.
Sometimes I did feel that because I was not a full ime employee that I was not as valuable to them .
fun place to work
Part time front end cashier (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough hours
like shopping there as well as working.. management makes working there enjoyable...ability to cross train in other departments.
Okay if you're an High school student
Cashier (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Wegmans Scholarship, Understanding School Schedule
Cons: Management, Hours
I used to love working for Wegmans, but they are really iffy on hours. One week i went from 30+ hours to 7. If you looking for a positive environment, than they get 5 stars on that. I just don't recommend you be a cashier. It sucks. They are always switching management. They are good with understanding school hours if your a college student, and you get to choose your availability.
Previously answered
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 29, 2015
Previously answered all these questions about Wegmans in the last section and the review remains the same. Good company to work for and with.
Already Wrote
Customer service Category Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 26, 2015
I have spoken about Wegmans already, great company. Treated their employees life family.
The offered amazing health plans and multiple plans to fit our needs.
pretty good workplace
Assisting customer's (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 23, 2015
Pros: sometimes power drinks were provided on hot days
Cons: not many
be outside gathering carts
help customers load groceries
change the trash in the front end of store
clean up the vestibule
productive and fun
prepared (Current Employee), west sneeca nyJuly 21, 2015
Pros: SECURED JOB
Cons: nothing really
3 years never had problems people are caring scholarship winner and always room to move up the ladder and there always there to keep you safe to prevent injury during and off the clock
Great Company
Customer Service/ Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 16, 2015
Family and school oriented. If you want to focus on school they are flexible enough to manage your schedule. The staff is amazing and make you feel like you are family. If you have any issues HR is always there for you.
Productive, fast paced work environment but fun too
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 13, 2015
I loved working for Wegman's, even though it was only for a few months. Everyone there was mostly fun, friendly and helpful so it made working there even better; aside from a few people who I didn't particularly care for but that is anywhere you go. The hardest part of the job, for me, was dealing with insurance issues. I wasn't trained a whole lot in that area when I started because they were short staffed so I had to ask for help a lot when an issue would arise. The most enjoyable part for me was when I was working at the Product dispensing station, where I would count the drugs. I was really able to work well there and I worked pretty fast too. My average time spent filling a prescription was about 30 seconds, sometimes less. The other best part was that they always had food lol
great people and great store
Server (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAJuly 13, 2015
work all matters of sections with ease
talk to as many customers and leave them with a great sense of the store as a whole
multi-task
cut, cook, prepare, serve any food item

hardest part is the assistance of the management team
most enjoyable part are the employees
A wonderful place to work. They take great care of their emplyees.
Security Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Changing of some policies.
Wegmans is one of the best places to shop. They are very positive, and strive to take care of their employees. Management gives you the tools to learn and empower you to strive for excellence. I very proud and enjoy being a part of the security team at Wegmans.
great company
cashier, maintanance, customer service (Current Employee), 601 amherst st byffalo ny 14207July 9, 2015
I loved my job here it is so nice every day when I come to work I feel like it is my lucky day because I got to deal with new customers every day
Great benefits
Service Team Member (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 8, 2015
A great company to work for. Always have opportunity for personal and professional growth. Big on team building and education.
management
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 7, 2015
Pros: good workers
Cons: healthcare, management
management needs to be better, a lot of problems and miscommunication because management isn't always on top of what needs to get done, besides that its an awesome place to work for, and employees there are really nice.
Nice Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Newark, NYJuly 7, 2015
easy to get along with other people and easy to understand the equipment. If here are any questions, just ask. Everyone is willing to help you learn.
GREAT COMPANY
Perishable Team Leader (Current Employee), MAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: work/life, benefits, friendly environment, family oriented
Cons: The pay needs to be higher in more expensive areas to live (i.e. MA, NJ)
It practices what it preaches in everything we do. The company has treated me like gold since day one and everyone at wegmans is given the same treatment, training and attention. It is truly a family environment and teaches people that want to learn.
Enjoyed my coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee), State CollegeJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Heavy lifing
I would stock the shelves over night, order products for the next evening. Tuesday nights we would pull stock from back stock and straighten up the stock room. Help customers while stocking shelves.
cashier/ bulk foods
Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester N.YJuly 4, 2015
- Cashier
- Workery
- Bulk Food
~ In charge of bulk food in evenings four nights a week
~ Inventory

Was a pleasure to work here
Like a big family
Floral and Bulk Foods Manager (Former Employee), Amherst StJune 29, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Physically draining
I enjoyed working for Wegmans they were very motivating. I did a number of different jobs for Wegmans i learned a lot. They were wonderful to work for.
Grocery - Customer Service
Grocery - Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Short or no lunch break
I was employed at Wegmans, Fairfax, Virginia. • Ordered and managed grocery shipments, built displays, stocked shelves and offered incredible customer service which included selling and explaining product usage
Headquarters