Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Very flexible work schedualing, mostly frienldy to work for
Culinary customer service/Full Time Cook II (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and promptly waiting on customers. Management how ever does not look out for it's employees and moving up in the company is very hard to do. Co-workers vary from those who are easy going and like able to just the opposite as is in any work place. For the most part however the environment is easy going and fun. The hardest part of our work day I would say is making every customer happy it's not always easy but we always made sure it happened. The most enjoyable part of the day would be interacting and making customers happy.
Pros
Very flexible work schedual and good benefits
Cons
Hard to work your way up the chain of command
I met some great people and I enjoyed talking about the product I was selling.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Cultish, Gossipy, Management was not very understanding about employees health problems, hours were inconsistent or changed without team members being made aware.
Pros
Benefits. Good pay and for the most part everyone was nice.
Cons
Sometimes you aren't given a lunch and you are not paid for lunch even if you dont get one, cult-like atmosphere, gossip and drama, some employees were consistently given "garbage work" when co-workers didn't want to do it, co-workers ignored customers, no formal training, and no discussions when we should've been having meetings about shipments, changes, etc.
Great coworkers Poor advancement Oppurtunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 2, 2016
Enjoyed working at wegmans. However when I decided to advance in my career with them after working almost 4 years with them I was told I could have the opportunity to advance. Little did I know that a week later I was told that management had change their minds and decided to give the postion to a less experienced person who had been there for only a year.
Pros
Scholorship
Cons
Lack of Respect from management
Decent First Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Wegmans is a good place to work while in high school and college as a way to raise money for college. The management team there is very nice but don't expect to just sit around and get paid they expect ,like any job, that once you punch in you are ready to work.
Pros
25 cents/hr Raises every 6 months and many more breaks than any other part time place around
Cons
hard to get hours if your a college student
Family oriented enviroment, great company
Customer Service Produce (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 27, 2015
I started at the break of dawn most mornings, pulling shrink and replenishing shelves with new product. Each employee had a particular zone of the produce floor they were responsible for maintaining through out the day. Freshness and quality were top priorities for the produce. Customer interaction was the bright point of the days duties. I learned an tremendous amount of product knowledge and how to apply that knowledge to preparing healthy meals. Management was the best I have experienced thus far. I didn't find any parts of my job particularly hard because I enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Benefits, Location
Cons
Everything is awful except your close coworkers
Baker (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAOctober 9, 2015
Wegman's is said to be the #1 company in America... That may be true in other stores but Downingtown Wegman's is a mess. The benefits are great sure... if you qualify. Management is absolutely atrocious, they don't do any work but they'll spend all day gossiping with each other. If you aren't a manager then you are treated like trash and yes, managers have been known to purposefully sabotage employees and customers through neglect and poor ethics. Also they will cheat you out of pay that you're entitled to if you don't keep constant track of your hours and basically hold their hand until they pay you what you deserve. If you want to work for Wegman's it's a great start to any fulfilling career... Just don't go to Downingtown, Pennsylvania for a job there.
Very friendly staff and always a welcoming environment
Customer Service Representative /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDDecember 20, 2015
I learned a lot of core values working at Wegmans, it shows that people always be courteous to one another and have plenty of customer service skills. There was never a dull day, employees and management were always kind and concerned for our well being. A typical day at work included signing in and just doing your job while having some laughs with co-workers, and always talking to customers. It was very enjoyable each day, the hardest part would be getting the hang of training at first then everything is easy.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Okay place for part-time
Front-End Customer Service Advanced (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYDecember 20, 2015
Started in one department and was lucky enough to train and move around to multiple other ones. However upper management is very poor and a lot of nepotism is used to give promotions and hours.
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
Poor upper management, no career growth
Great Benefits at Wegmans
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working at Wegmans. I have developed a strong rapport with several of my customers. The company offers great benefits for part time employees.
Cons
Job advancement is difficult.
Busy but Fulfilling Workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDOctober 24, 2015
In my position there's always a bit of short staffing, but the managers do their best to work within your availability so that you can properly balance work with the rest of your life. You could learn the typical busy and slow times during a typical work day/week in under a month as things are relatively predictable. There are frequent employee appreciation events, and interesting charity raffles, bake sales, and contests. The vast majority of my coworkers were wonderful people to work with, and management is pleasant to work with and does their best to listen.
Pros
Lots of employee appreciation, employee-only coupons, great benefits and pay
Cons
Some areas chronically understaffed

Want to know more about Wegmans?

Ask a question
Productive place to work with fun people
Market COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 15, 2015
Wegmans is a great place to work, if you are looking to become a chef or any other career in food service. It is also a great place to start out as a part timer. You can be over looked in advancing your career, if you dont have a close realtionship with managenent. Overall I would reccomend anybody to apply at wegmans, just remember you have to work hard to move up.
Pros
401k, BENEFITS, SALARY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, SCHEDULING
Wegmans
Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 2, 2015
Wegmans has a great atmosphere and provides many opportunities for their employees. Unfortunately they do have an employment ladder which slows down advancement and they do not take a college education into consideration when providing advancement opportunities.
Pros
great culture, positive management, promotes from within
Cons
work life balance
Ok place to work for. Very stressful. Management didn't care enough about my needs and I was constantly on the verge of a panic attack.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work was ringing out customers in the café or the front end. The front end was non-stop. I felt that it was slave labor. I learned to stand up for myself and tell them look I can't handle it anymore. I told them either they would have to keep me in the café, switch me to another department or I would have to quit. I felt that certain managers did not care enough about my needs. They knew I have really bad anxiety and they didn't care and wouldn't work with me. My co-workers were really good towards me. The hardest part of the job was the non-stop slaving on the front end. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the café at first because it's not as crazy.
Pros
Coworkers were nice. Got to try different things.
Cons
Managment didn't care enough, slaving on the front end, sometimes rude customers
Learned several different areas
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMarch 2, 2016
The managers were very good at working with your schedule. The only problem was you had to work every weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to make sushi, sub rolls, pizza and work with different cultures. The customers were also enjoyable to meet and help. Customers showed their appreciation when you gave them great service.
Pros
Learning new skills.
Cons
Working every Saturday.
Friendly working environment for all
Bakeshop Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2016
Wegmans is a fun and friendly workplace. I learned that teamwork helps to complete the biggest or smallest of tasks. You instantly make friends on the job. Hardest part of the job is shifts can be scattered depending on your PT/FT status. Enjoy making a difference to co-workers and customers.
Pros
PTO, benefits
Productive work environment, full of hard workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 26, 2016
A typical day as a Wegmans Cashier includes but is not limited to dealing with all sorts of customers, counting money, being honest and trustworthy, and standing for 4-5 hours during your shift before/after breaks. As a wegmans employee I have learned to be patient and caring for the costumer because they are what makes the business successful. The management at Wegmans is great, always friendly but also make sure you know everything you need to know in order to be a successful employee. The co-workers i work with at Wegmans are always looking for ways to help others improve and they are very flexible. The hardest part of the job would be just standing for 5 hours at a time with no break, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be satisfying all of the costumers and doing that while be quick and efficent,
Pros
Nice benefits, chance for growth.
Cons
long work period between a break, dealing with costumers who arent happy.
Fun place and people to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 7, 2016
a typical is like the morning sunshine once you wall into the doors of Wegmans food market. The greetings from every angle and hugs just warms my heart on the daily basis. Everyone is committed on getting the work done as a team and incredible customer service is the reason Wegmans is one of the best places to work for in America.
Pros
going above and beyond to help, incorperating family life with work life, alwayas appreciating employees
Cons
none for now
There are worse places
customer service (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 24, 2015
Overall, this is not the worst place to work. They have employee events and a generally positive atmosphere. However, some departments are unpleasant to work for if you need any sort of accommodation. They fired me a week before maternity leave was supposed to start. I mean, that was probably just a coincidence, right? I would advise to keep your personal life personal. Don't add coworkers on facebook. Don't talk about anything not directly relevant to the task at hand. Gossip runs rampant. It doesn't have to be true or even plausible. If anyone asks you how you like working there, make sure you only say positive things. They'll find a way to get rid of people who don't fit there happy façade.
Pros
employee events, free meal coupons, mostly positive staff.
Cons
Evaluations are incredibly subjective, which gives them plenty of room to create reasons to fire people they don't like.
What a joke
Mule (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 27, 2016
It's like being in junior high all over again people gossip people want to know all about your life. Management is an absolute joke they don't know if they're coming or going there's no structure. The constant favoritism of people that like to kiss the butt of management there's no room to grow in this company unless you're a suck-up. They keep around useless people that don't carry their own weight and rely on others to do the work. Constantly putting you down. This place is an absolute joke and a disgrace to Wegmans as itself
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Gossip, always putting you down, lack of management, carrying the weight of lazy people that they will never fire, an absolute joke
Great Company With Great Benefits
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401June 15, 2016
The company overall is great. It's a family owned business that has a cult following. The only unfortunate thing is how management handles certain aspects. The company is set up as the customer is not always right. The company itself is based upon the setting of employees. Their main teaching was that the employees are always first. In this case, the company does very well in holding to that. The only ones that do not uphold that status anymore is management. We have a high turnover rate with little to no help now. The company used to be very difficult to get into with employees staying years within the company.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3