Wegmans Employee Reviews

wonderful grocery store with awesome customer service and all your daily needs
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 3, 2016
Wegmans is an awesome place to work for from the customers to my fellow coworkers. I typically deal with customers up front in personal and help them with all their questions and demands that they may have. I hate when I cannot please a customer to the fullest because an item that may be discontinued or something. I love to put a smile on everyone's face everyday customers as well as coworkers.
Pros
wonderful people, product, and customer service
Easy-going and creative workplace
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 16, 2016
Wegmans is like going to work with your family, the relationships you develop in your career go far beyond the workplace. Everyone is always willing to help you, encourage you, and promote your growth both in work and your personal life. The hardest part of the job is moving stores and having to leave the family you've formed, but that is also the best part, seeing friendly faces at every store you go to.
Pros
Free lunches, employee health screening, all expense paid travel
Summary of work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Cicero, NYOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at work really depended on who I was working with. Some people take advantage of people's personalities. I learned how to cut vegetables, scale out ingredients for pizzas, put loads away, and how to write orders. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone on the same page and evening out responsibilities, some people weren't willing to put effort in their work. The most enjoyable part was building relations with managers and customers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
limited amount of hours and pay
overall good place to work for
Night Coordinator-Pizza & Sub (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 19, 2016
coming in see who is on shift, any orders that need to be made during the night. fill in where ever needed. put any employee who needs a break fill in where ever needed. help close. the management seems to be uneasy with their jobs. putting them in the position for them to make it or fail. overall the employees were great. this was the best part of the job was the employees.
Pros
the benifets
Cons
always short handed
Wegmans a pretty good place to work
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Don't get me wrong I loved working at Wegmans but unfortunately the managers were only in their positions due to them being "lifers". They were for the most part incompetent and you had to figure most of what you needed on your own. The customers were great 99% of the time and the cashiers were great to work with. Honestly a great place to work; ignoring the store management issue.
Pros
Top Companies to work for
Cons
Management is off in space
Wonderful and caring job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Everything was nice about this job. The people were nice, the customers were kind, and the company looked out for its employees. The work was not particularly engaging, every day you get a drawer and start scanning items, but it was regimented and you know exactly what to expect. The hardest part for me personally was the hour walk to and from work, as I had no car at the time.
Pros
Caring customers, Caring company, Consistancy
Cons
Monotonous
Fast paced work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 16, 2016
very fast paced and busy must be able to do alot at once to help customers so they are pleased with your service so that they come back to shop with us! Also the typical work day for me is to make sure im monitoring all breaks especially minors so that they are not late going on their lunches because it will cause a fine to the store!
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
benefits and pay not able to support myself.
Plenty of experience - applied several times - no go
a never hired (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PASeptember 16, 2016
Warrington - Not even a call back. I called 2 times back for fist time applied and once for the second time. I have experience in 3 supermarkets in 4 different positions. A total of 11 years! The only thing I can think of is that they want to find low wage workers and have no management positions they want to give up. No call backs after two apps and 4 calls. Oh well on to the next place
Pros
non
Cons
mangement doesn't know how to use a phone
Fun work environment like family
Full-Time Front End Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 14, 2016
Management and coworkers become like family. Everyone is very tight knit and friendly. Hardest part is dealing with unmotivated minors(high schoolers), and customer complaints that you cannot control. Otherwise everything else at my level is easy enough.
Pros
Benefits, Learning opportunties, large company
Cons
Hours, some positions labor intensive
Review
Overnight Cook III (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 26, 2016
I've worked here for two years now. Cross trained and moved around to different departments fairly quickly. Absolutely loved working here and a part time employee and would recommend! However, I would never recommend my current position as the only overnight production cook to anyone without much more culinary/kitchen experience than I currently have.
Pros
Health benefits, pay rate
Cons
Overnight, favoritism
Wegmans
Diary department staff (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 22, 2016
My day starts with customers asking a lot of questions. I then stock everything. My boss is very nice and reliable. My co workers are helpful. The hardest part is when we are out of an item and customers get very upset. Most enjoyable part of the job is early in the morning when not a lot of customers are there. I can easily stock everything without customers asking questions.
Pros
Coupons
Great people, great company
Bakery associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 15, 2016
Wegmans is a great place to work. Like anywhere else, there are some management issues that could use some work. Starting out at Wegmans there were plenty of employees, now it's become understaffed and people are a bit overworked and getting cranky. They need to forget about cutting labor costs and hire more people to help for a smoother and less stressful operation.
VERY Political atmosphere
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 4, 2016
I would NOT recommend working here. The night management team is GREAT but once you get past them it's a nightmare The upper management team does not care about the night crew, in their opinion night team is the worst department in the store. The teamwork DOESNT exist. Your going to do more work on your own with VERY little acknowledgement. Also the team members that do cause problems don't get addressed about it at all. If you haven't worked with the team since the store opened then your an outcast.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS, pay
Cons
Just get to take lunch break sometimes, no teamwork, management, job security
Friendly Environment that treats you with respect
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 5, 2016
Typical day is opening the front end, checking emails and doing my normal everyday duties to prepare the cashiers for the start of their day.
I have learned some new traits as in helping in different departments, learning and growing!
Management is great, we go above and beyond for our customers.
The hardest part of my job is when we are under staffed for that day and front end management needs to run registers to help out the front end traffic.
My enjoyment of my job is knowing that I get along with each co-worker and knowing that I went above and beyond for my customers.
Pros
30 min lunch/ 15 min breaks
Cons
There is Absolutely no discounts on anything.
A place where you can learn many skills and become a better employ
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 24, 2016
Good place to work, Benefits are good, Workload extremely difficult. Management is very understanding and they do they're best to help you.
You will learn how to handle different situations depending on what department you are assigned to.
In conclusion wegmans is one of the best companies you could work for
Pros
good pay and nice work environment
Daily life at Wegmans
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairmount, NYNovember 28, 2016
Working at Wegmans was truly an experience, the company immediately makes you feel comfortable with its environment and its staff. Being able to easily get along with the people around you and do the job well because you get the proper training to succeed. I served pizza to customers with a smile because I truly enjoyed my job.
Pros
good experience, works with you
Front End (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 19, 2016
I've been with Wegmans since 2011, and I have nothing but good things to say. The managers/coordinators treat you like family, coupons given for holidays, birthday, and special occasions and co-workers are great. Small raise every 6 months, but adds up! I've been with the company since going away to college, and coming home on breaks having a secure job as well as being graduated and coming back to a great company means a lot. They know how to treat their employees, more companies should learn from them.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, benefits, and overall great environment
Cons
Sometimes the customers but that's any customer service job.
Great fun working with great people
Food prep Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day at work involves working with sauces and salids.
I learned how to give excellent customer service and maintain cleanleness of food up to strick standards. Management was great.
My co-workers were awesome.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning up at the end of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the customers.
Wegmans is great
Cashier/Customer Service, Produce (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 14, 2016
Wegmans was one of the best companies I have worked for. Even though there is not a lot of full timers in every store the part timers really make the business thrive. I was one of those part timers who was devoted, even if I had to work 7 days in a row because I loved the environment. I loved seeing customers smile
Pros
Luncheons, Wegmans softball&kickball teams
Cons
No benefits for part timers and not enough full timers
Is Wegmans Really a "Great Place to Work"?
Cashier, Customer Service, Nature's Market Place (Current Employee) –  Wegmans, McKinleyAugust 3, 2016
The answer to that question cannot just simply be answered yes. Because the answer is so much more than that. I thoroughly enjoy working for Wegmans, the treatment of employees is beyond amazing. The Wegmans family has done a great deal of work to make sure that not only do customers get what they need, but employees get the things we need as well. Making sure to have open door days with our managers, counceling services, yoga, weight watchers, Wegman's Got Talent, etc. All of these things really bring the company together as we call ourselves a Wegmans Family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3