Wegmans Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Friendly workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 19, 2017
A good job at entry level with opportunities for advancement.
You work holidays except Christmas, with holiday pay (New years, Easter, Independence, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
Pros
Occasional meals & events
Productive and fun, lots of team building
Pharmacy Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Individual job but very focused on team playing. At least once a week management would put together a picnic or wii bowling tournament or pizza party for our staff of about 50.
Not great
Overnight Grocery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Upper management needs to be more involved. Employer worked with your availability. Don't work overnights. Overworked, should have been more appreciated and compensated for work done.
Pros
Some people are cool
Cons
Very apparent disconnect between lower level employees and upper management
Decent
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The company is filled with good people but management needs to be worked on quite a bit. Kind of what I say goes and there's nothing you can do about it besides going over everyone's head and taking any of your issues to corporate. Not saying I ever felt the need to but just watching and hearing other stories I see how the company is ran very seniority driven
Pros
Employee appreciation chances to win prizes health insurance
A fun environment with lots of chances to learn
Multi-Department Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I loved that I was able to work in multiple departments and really learn how things work. This helped me grow as an employee but also really challenged me to learn as a person as well.
Clerk
Warehouse/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Wegmans is a Great place to shop at but, a terrible place to work for. Manager are nasty, they have there pick of favors. The Managers don't care how they speak to you. The co-workers can not be trusted. They are back stabbers and they will lie on you just to cause problems in the work place. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving them.
Pros
30 minute Lunch
Cons
Two 15 min breaks.
Easy part-time job for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2017
Wegmans was my first job, and even though it was boring beyond belief (except on Sundays/holidays when it was stressful beyond belief), it was overall a decent experience.
Good for college kids
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Very flexible schedule, inconsistent hours. Has a scholarship opportunity for College students and has many locations and department to choose from. Weekends are a must but they close on Christmas
working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 12, 2017
when i worked for wegmans, i was very young, just out of highschool or still currently in. i dont remember much but it was one of my first jobs. as far as i know they are one of the best emoloyeers.
Pros
flexable with school
Cons
far drive when i was younger
Cult-like work environment
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 9, 2017
Schedule changes every week allowing no work/life balance.
They require you to have a completely open availability when you work full-time so you cannot have regularly scheduled activities outside of work (sports leagues, college classes etc).

The only people who get promoted are the people who devote their lives to the company and make it clear to management that they are willing to work for Wegmans as their career. Those who do not see this job as their career and plan to move up in the company are treated differently (less opportunities, worse hours) and valued less.

Terrible place to work.
Great Company
Pizza Shop Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 8, 2017
Great company to work for. Management is very respectful, and easy to work with. You get paid every week. The Health Insurance is very good. The retirement plan is very good with a company match.
Pros
Great Health Insurance
Cons
It is difficult to advance.
Steady work, on your feet all day
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 8, 2017
There is a steady flow of customers throughout the day. It gets busy on the weekends, especially during the school year, but it makes the day go by quickly.
I really enjoy working at Wegmans, great place to work
Customer Service Representative - Baker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 7, 2017
I plan to continue to work for Wegmans Food Market part time once I obtain a full time job. I would recommend Wegmans to friends and relatives. My managers are always nice to me.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
More hours needs
Great company for a career in retail
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 7, 2017
Top 10 company to work for year after year and there are many reasons they earn this recognition. That being said, its retail. Working weekends, holidays, and having a schedule that is always changing/
Pros
Career advancement based on merit
Cons
Difficulty to move up past Department manager
Wonderful place to work
Custormer Executive (Former Employee) –  Burllington, MA, USASeptember 7, 2017
Great work culture, very good work and personal life balance. Salary according to industry standards. Very employee friendly. They respect and care for their employees.
Pros
Perks, coupons, lunches, discounts
Cons
Long standing hours
Produce Clerk
Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Very flexible with the schedule. They are very strict with days off though, you need to put a request in weeks in advance to get the day off that you want.
Great place to work, Family atmosphere
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Wegmans is a great place to work. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and advance. Management is eager to help their employees.
They offer great benefits, and a family atmosphere.
Pros
Great customer service, opportunity to advance, and good benifits
Cons
Retail Hours, Nights and weekends
Overly stressful work environment with overworked employees
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 5, 2017
Very stressful work environment, employees are criticized for not working hard enough while being short staffed. Employees are often criticized for taking breaks, which we are entitled to by law. Managers do no actual work but instead sit in the back and drink coffee with each other.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
short staffed, poor managers, over worked, insulted
Friendly employee and everyone works together
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJSeptember 4, 2017
A typical day in the bakery is fast paced. We put out hundreds of thousands of dollars of product that get sold to the customers every day. Its extremely busy on the weekends but management always puts everyone best foot forward to the customers.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks and half hour lunches
Cons
fast paced, labor intensive
Fast paced
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 3, 2017
A great company to work for. The only thing I did not like is when I had to temp leave for a medical reason I was let go. I would sh they were a like title more sensitive to peoples lives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3