Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,220 reviews matching the search
wegmans review
Customer Service Produce (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 23, 2017
Wegmans Food Markets has a wide range of foods spanning from great produce to international foods. Wegmans has excellent customer service and is highly dedicated to customer satisfaction. Lastly, the culture is upbeat, positive and fun and committed to providing the customer with a wonderful shopping experience.
Productive workplace with extremely kind and friendly employees
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 20, 2017
Wegmans is a outstanding company to work and is proven with the constant ratings that the company receives. I have learned how to make relationships with my fellow employees as well as the customers, who are the most important component to the business.
fun working place
Cashier / Customer Service/ dairy (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 18, 2017
i really liked working at Wegmans and it was the best experience working there with different people and meeting new people. i left because of better opportunity and more money
Pros
free lunches once a month
Highly Recommend
Prepared Foods Chef (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work. A lot of room for advancement of you are willling to take risks. Management is very concerned about your personal development as well. Fun, fast paced, working environment!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No employee discounts on food
I love Wegmans
Grocery Part Time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJMarch 17, 2017
It's a nice play to work. You can always count on the co workers and management. It's a very family oriented place and make you feel great about it. If you ever want a day off they are awesome at giving you the days you want off.
Pros
Christmas Gifts, Awesome Benefits
Cons
Need more hours
Productive place
End User Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2017
Good benefits and the people you work with are easy going. They like to promote with in the company. It is typical to see people who have worked there over 20 years in numerous rolls.
Super Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDMarch 16, 2017
I LOVE WEGMANS SO MUCH I ENJOY EVERYDAY I GO INTO WORK!!!! It is very true, Everyday You Get Our Best. The people there are so friendly and management listens to everything us employees have to say.
Pros
GREAT PEOPLE
Cons
NOTHING
can be very physically challenging, great benefits
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 16, 2017
although wegmans company on the whole is great, the distribution center is not. things change practically everyday, and not for the better. too many young managers, not experienced enough and not educated in the warehouse enough to manage. Other managers and team leaders seem to run with that title and have egos bigger than the grand canyon. HR listens, unfortunately they will never have your back, only managements. But benefits are great, hours are ok, ot not mandatory, no point system, great wellness center and often feed you a meal. If you can go to work, keep your mouth shut, and do WHATEVER you are asked, pretty much, be their robot, then you will be ok.
Pros
top notch exercise gym, no point system in place
Cons
constant management changes, your suggestions are never considered
I loved it!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMarch 15, 2017
Wegmans is such a great place to work. 10/10 would recommend. It is not hard to move up if you have the right motivation. Your co workers will, for the most part, be great people. They listen to you and understand that there is a life outside of work. Man I wish I worked there again
Pros
Insurance, good people
Cons
no discounts
A Starting place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYMarch 15, 2017
It was my 1st job and I got when I was still in school. The only problem I ever heard of was that it really didn't help promote it employees. It is great for students, not so much for grown adults.
Fun work place, motivated employees
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 15, 2017
I enjoy working at Wegmans quite a bit. It is my favorite civilian job to date. Work is very easy. I get to talk with a variety of customers on a daily basis. The team I work with is very hardworking and motivating. We are all aiming for the common goal of pleasing the customer!
Pros
Good hours, Good employees, Good leadership
Cons
Long drive from home
A very diverse environment with plenty of adverse situations
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 14, 2017
Wegmans is a very shifty company. A company where new systems and technology enter the work place which made working in a team optional. Forcing employees to adapt to the moving culture of the job , or fall lower within job titles. Overall, it is a competitive environment and is not for the faint of heart.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Difficult to advance
It's fun and it helps your grow you will love it
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodmore, MDMarch 13, 2017
I have been at wegmans for about 2 year I'm full time in pizza I have move around in wegmans to get different experience in othe departments you don't just stay in one place you can move around and most job won't let you.
Friendly workplace with a family feel with coworkers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 13, 2017
Working at Wegmans has been a wonderful experience, mostly because of the company's value. They want you to do your best and to help your fellow employees do the same. The people I work with are fantastic and it is easy to transfer to a new position in the company.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, free food a lot, flexible schedules, scholarship
Cons
Low pay, management lackluster
Co-Workers are excellent
Produce Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MD 20876March 10, 2017
I love going to work beside my co-workers. We have established a family like atmosphere within the workplace. Dealing with the public can be daunting, but we lean on each other for support. The management could use being a bit more adaptive to their employees. There is a culture of "every man for himself" in upper management and they like an employee that is willing to turn on their fellow workmate if the need arises. The job is very labor intensive, with little recognition from management. That is why I am grateful for my co-workers. We are all in the same boat. I will say that if you are young, eager and willing to do an occasional backstabbing, then you will go far in this company. Sad to say. Everyone sings the praises of this company, but there is a behind the scenes culture that could use a lot of work.
Pros
Benefits (FT), Advancement
Cons
Work culture, upper management
Amazing and caring place to work
Product Labeling Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 10, 2017
I went to work with a smile on my face and at the end of the day I was still smiling. People care about each other and their work. You do your best and feel good about it. Learning and growing your skills is what happens everyday.
Pros
Healthcare
Love Wegmans
Cashier (Current Employee) –  State College, PAMarch 9, 2017
I have been working here for two years. I love the people I work with with and management really cares about employees. As a cashier you get a small raise every six months.
productive
Deli Part-Time Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 9, 2017
this is an excellent place to work they are very caring of their employees. the scholarship program is definitely and excellent benefit. I would recommend this place.
Best company to work for
Cashier, Shoppers Assistant, Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 8, 2017
Wegmans is one of the best companies I have worked for. They care about their employees and empower them.

Time management
Customer service
Leadership
Accounting
Peaceful environment
Natures Market Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 7, 2017
Nice place to work. Very easy going. Gives you a lot of alone time when customers do not have questions. Great place to find peace within yourself and lots of room for advancement.
Pros
hours and room for advancement
Cons
heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3