Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

Great place for bakery experience on a large scale
Full Time General Help (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great pay, cross training
Cons: heat
A typical day at work is operating a bread bagger machine along with a robot. In my time at Wegmans I have learned how to operate machines, scale ingredients, the GMP's, how to use hand held devices for logging inventory. I am lead by a Team Leader who expects us to work with minimal supervision and more so independently. My coworkers are focused and – more... for the most part work together like a well oiled machine. Hardest part about my job is the fast pace in 100+ degree temperatures. I enjoy the ability to cross train in different areas gaining all kind of knowledge keeping the job fresh. – less
Wegmans is a great company to work for. I like that it is Family owned and run and their ethics are impeccable
Superintendent/Project Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: there are many benefits, health care, ewlw program, profit sharing program. being a privately held company as it benefits
Cons: sometimes being short sighted, privately held company, being a food market they often handle projects like a food market and not a construction company.
when you are given a project it is yours to run with. you also have many people to support you and the project from field techs, estimators, MEP superintendents, engineers, architects in the development group, to the construction accounting team, IT purchasing. Projects and project teams are set up to succeed. with the support of the company.
Treat you like family
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 18, 2014
Everything I can do in the workforce I have learned from Wegmans. We are encouraged to make our own decisions and take responsibility for our work. We work individually, yet in teams, and co-workers get to know you and care about you.
Customer service team member (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 16, 2014
There are some challenges that may come your way but Wegmans will help you thru them. They are great.
Excellent Job - I looked forward to going to work every day
Cashier (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJuly 15, 2014
Even as a Cashier I found this job to be extremely enjoyable. The co-workers, management, and just the overall way the company works is quite pleasant.

Very flexible scheduling, kind management and the store itself are all wonderful.

The hardest part about a cashiering job is it can be slightly boring in a grocery setting, but it also offers great – more... experience in the customer service setting. Talking with the customers and challenging yourself to try and make their day a little better is a great way to get good at the customer service field itself. – less
very good place to start your job expirience
Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: too short of breaks for part time workers
I over all enjoyed my time at Wegmans and if I ever needed a job and was in a tight spot I could probably walk in there and get a job.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: long stands
Working in the Bakery department is fun and exciting. I think the best part about it is being able to tell the customers about our bread variety. I learned how to pack, bake, and slice bread. The management team is amazing and they make each employee feel welcome. My coworkers are also amazing especially when it comes to team work.I enjoy my job and – more... the people I work with and of course making the customers happy. – less
nice place to work for
Cook II (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJuly 12, 2014
Pros: talking with the customers who need information
Cons: to much break time
adverage work day thought more then i lerned
boreing and firm but fair
ok
not to much work
cooking
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 11, 2014
Loved working here. Great management who really listened to their employees needs. Co-workers were like family.
FUN WORKPLACE
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Cicero, NYJuly 9, 2014
AMAZING FUN WORKPLACE!! GREAT COMPANY, GREAT TRAINING! EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY AND UNDERSTANDING
Great Job
Frontend Full- Time Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, New YorkJuly 8, 2014
Great place for students to work. Great place to grow! Dont chase the money if your a student..
General help/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 3, 2014
I was let go unfairly. I believe I deserved another chance. Really miss working there but I was treated unfair.
Prepared Foods (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 1, 2014
One of the best companies I have been able to work for yet. Great benefits, they treat you well, great place for advancement.
Good for what it is
Meat Team Leader (Current Employee), ManalapanJune 27, 2014
Pros: better than average pay, healthcare
Cons: hours, working all holidays
Wegmans is excellent if you're comparing it to other jobs in the same field. But all in all it is a retail job. The management is excellent and the work environment is very caring.
The hours are not fun but thats a function of retail. However, if you are willing to give it your all it is a place that will allow you to move up slowly over time.
Great place to work with excellent chances at advancement
Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJune 27, 2014
I have worked with this company for 9+ years and it is a great place to work with managers that have a genuine concern for each of their employees.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Town of Perinton, NYJune 26, 2014
not enough hours, change in management constant, always hiring new employess
Outstanding company culture and great management.
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great training programs, fun employees, free events, discount movie and car wash tickets
Great place to work. The employees are awesome and the management genuinely cares about you and your goals.
Great place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 24, 2014
The job was great there was just a lot of favoritism with managers with the co-workers.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Customer Service and store photographer (Current Employee), Canandaguia, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: family-like environment
Cons: little ability to move up within the company
A typical day at work is coming in early and setting up for the day. Preparing orders to be picked up on time and handling customers that walk up.
Understanding and Supportive Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility and trust within the company.
Cons: inconsistent schedules and hours.
Wegmans is known for spoiling their customers, which is exactly why we all love shopping there, right? They also cater very well to employees. As a trusted employee, I am confident any time something comes up in life, with school, or within the workplace that someone is there to listen and help. I know each day upon clocking in that my wellness as an – more... employee is a priority for my managers. After a lengthy college career, I was able to either limit my schedule or leave temporarily to complete my degree when necessary. I am confident that my job will be there for me as long as I need it, which is incredibly important today, what with all the lay-offs and cut backs. They provide insurance for their part and full timers, as well as the opportunity to donate, participate in charity and company projects, and our input is always welcome. I am very proud to be able to say these things about my company, as not many can! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more