Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,425 reviews matching the search
Okay place to work
Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2017
The people that work here are great. It is tough for to advance beyond the STL position unless you're willing to relocate to a new market. The customers are definitely the worst part of the job, some of the most ungrateful people you will deal with.
Pros
Flexible schedule for PT workers
Cons
PTO is non existent unless you have been at the company for years
Fast paced supermarket in busy market
Customer Service Associate, Dairy Department (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at Wegmans Food Market begins with me walking through the department and looking for product to bring out. After filling the main shelves, I move to the various point-of-sale displays around the store and fill them. Once all the shelves and displays are full, I clean and organize the stockroom. I make sure products are rotated by date and properly displayed. All throughout my shift I assist customers in finding products, oftentimes helping them with recipes or alternatives.
Great food, great products, great employees, great experience!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAJuly 24, 2017
Wegmans Food Market is known for its great buffet foods, fresh produce, wide range of products, and amazing employees. With over 150 employees, this company has turned its facility into a community of its own. I have learned from working at Wegmans that it provides you with great benefits as an employee and lasting friendship between customers and employees.
Pros
great coworkers, flexible availability
Cons
short breaks, overwhelming work during holidays
Good place for your first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 24, 2017
Great people to work with. Everyone is friendly and the bad people that work along side you don't last long. Management can be a pain sometimes, many of them have never managed before and tend to let the power they think they have they let it go to their head.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Great co-workers, Good pay.
Cons
Management on the Front End
Great Opportunities to learn new skils
Maryland Division Trainer - Prepared Foods Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 21, 2017
Provided a family oriented culture and an friendly environment to learn new tasks. Lots of standardized training and support throughout the each work day.
Great people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJuly 19, 2017
Management seems to treat other employees lower then them. Seemed to be just at my location. Other then the front end managers other departments through out the store are great people and I enjoyed working with everyone
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 18, 2017
I'd say it's given me opportunities like no other store before, It connects me wirh people from all across the globe and I see that as a huge business asset. Very much appreciated.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
Nonstop business
great company to work for
Front End Cashier/Maintenance and Helping Hands (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJuly 18, 2017
typical day consists of a busy work environment and providing excellent customer service.
- excellent management
- engaging work environment
- hardest part of the job- working in a fast paced environment if you're not used to it.
Pros
scholarships, variety of different departments, great work environment
Cons
lack of full time opportunites
productive work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 18, 2017
I enjoy working at Wegmans, but its only part time and once college students come home your hours are cut. They offer a great scholar ship. The employees are great.
fast paced
PICKER (Current Employee) –  Minersville, PAJuly 18, 2017
great work environment and the co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor and the days off are never 2 in a row
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 17, 2017
-Productive
-Different skills in every department
-Very nice and always willing to help
-Diverse
-Keeping up with the work loads
-Helping customers
Pros
Many benefits
Fast pace but loving company overall.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 16, 2017
I worked at Wegmans as a cashier for seven months. The main reason I had to quit was because of school reasons and wanting to keep my sanity. Overall, if you're okay being told what to do, standing on your feet for hours, and dealing with potentially rude customers, this job is for you. The staff you work with keeps you motivated to work there (if they're awesome). They're very flexible with your schedule, and overall, the experience there was a 6/10.
Pros
Discounted drinks, nice staff, always pay on time.
Cons
Short breaks, physically demanding, and potentially rude clientele.
Customer Service
Deli-Night Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14616July 15, 2017
I was a Deli-night coordinator, we strive on customer service. I worked with a team of fourteen and dealt with managing quality products, also monthly inventory.
Pros
Teamwork, benefits
Wonderful place to work
Cashier/Floral Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJuly 14, 2017
Each day I went to work it was with wonderful coworkers. I saw different customers and people every day from all different cultures which made work interesting, Wegmans was a very face paced job that made the day go fast.
Pros
Was paid extra when you worked Sundays or if called in and was able to work.
Cons
There is cons to working for Wegmans
okay to work there
Floral Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJuly 14, 2017
Fast past days, learn everything you need to know to work there from the people you work with. Most management is good to work with and for. very friend people to work with and around.
Meat Department Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 14, 2017
Management appears to care about employees, but does not give the tools to advance ones career. Positive note is that most of management is very accommodating.
Used to be a great place to work
Bakery (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 13, 2017
As a part timer, you are able to create your own schedule, request off all the time /holidays you want, even call off whenever you wish. As you move up to full time, team leader and beyond, obviously more is expected of you. Today, my store management, who are all best buddies with each other, lead by threats, removing any security in our job, and rarely says "good job". Family visits are to make store management look good, who says good job to the team?
Wegmans places a priority on listening. That's only true if you're a team member. Once you're a team leader above, it's your fault.
One of the best places in America to work? Used to be.
Pros
Always something to do. Opportunity to grow into a door mat
Cons
Not being listened to. Being held responsible for others mistakes.
Amazing company
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYJuly 12, 2017
Wegmans is the best company I've ever worked for. Management is very in tune with employees, which mis and multiple breaks, stretch exercises throughout day, company wide get together, raises, room to move up in company.
Pros
Get company, many opportunities
Cons
Pay starts low, but always moves up
My mangers are great! GReat place to work for altogether!
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 11, 2017
I work for this amazing company as a part-time cashier. I love my job and I do my best, I also think we hire the best employees aswell. I had a customer come through my line one day. He gave us all kinds of trouble so I called my manager over and she handled it pefectly. truly I'm working with professionals.
good office
Inventory Control Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2017
Busy typical day with phones, reports, balancing the office making sure staff has what they need. The management was very solid and the office ran smoothly. Most enjoyable is getting a good days work accomplished. Hardest part, problems that needed to be solved due to outside issues (late orders, trucks...)
Pros
good work group
Cons
delayed work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3