Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

Good Place to work
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Chili, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Good place to work because there is a lot of job security. They are also very flexible and allow workers to take off time easily and change shifts easily. They take care of their workers.
You're always busy and at the end of the day you feel satisfied with what you accomplished.
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: extremely flexible availability
Cons: takes a while to move up in the company
A typical day at Wegmans is nonstop moving. You are always helping people out and constantly on your feet trying to find the next thing to do. I've learned patience and how to communicate with all different kinds of people.The management staff is constantly walking around and making sure everything is running smoothly and that by the end of the day everyone is satisfied. My fellow co-workers are always working their hardest and enjoying what they do on a daily basis. After working here for seven plus years the hardest part is trying to maintain a smooth transition for customers in the busiest Wegmans in Buffalo. I enjoy talking to new people everyday, it gives me an insight into different people's lives and I personally feel diversifies me a little more.
Slow Individual Advancement
Manager (Current Employee), NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits, quality training
Cons: busy during holidys, slow controlled growth
Wegmans focuses on the development and training of its people. This is both a blessing and a curse. Driven individuals are forced to wait for advancement opportunities but the workforce is very knowledgeable and experienced. Many employees begin working with the company in their teens and remain with the company to retirement.
Great Enthusiastic place to work.
Caterer (Current Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I learned so much while working at Wegmans. They treat their employees great and offer great opportunities. I was able to learn a little about each department while during my time. In the catering department we were able to give our customers great parties at a exceptional price.
Wegmans is a great place to work and shop!
Part-Time Customer Service (Former Employee), Abingdon, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Wegmans is not only a grocery store with a pharmacy, but it is a place to spend the day with your family, hang out with your friends, have a great meal all while you shop for groceries. It is amazing and for it being my first job I am extremely happy with my experience there.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of cashing guests out quickly, competitions on work performance, coworkers were fun and so was management.
Productive Workplace
Retail Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brockport, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch on occasion
Cons: not many benefits for part timers
A typical day at Wegmans for me is to take product from the back freezer and distribute it onto the necessary shelves on the sales floor freezers. Along with doing that I am responsible for helping customers with questions and answering them to the best of my ability. During my time at Wegmans I learned how to professionally talk with both customers and my co-workers. Working for Wegmans has also taught me how to be self motivated as well as be very good at managing my time accordingly. Management at Wegmans is not necessarily the greatest, there is a lot of power hungry managers that are trying to just move up the Wegmans management chain without much regard for their employers such as myself. My co-workers are just the opposite of that, they are very helpful when I am in need of assistants whether it is with a question that I am not sure on how to answer or my co-workers taking the time to help me lift something in the backroom. The hardest part of my job is having to tell customers that we no longer carry a certain product that they are looking for, some customers are okay with the answers but others get very upset and I need to try and calm them down to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the people that I work with, they are very helpful, easy to talk to and very outgoing which make working at Wegmans enjoyable
Top 100 of the best places to work in the country
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Fayetteville NYJanuary 13, 2015
Overseeing day to day operations.
I learned most about the importance of mentoring and training.
All levels of management treated everyone with respect.
Managing the people was the most challenging and rewarding part of the job.
fast pace workplace
Front in Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Working here taught me to keep an open mind and never judge a person or situation. Co-workers were friendly and management helpful
exelent
warehouse (Former Employee), rochesterJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
I want work in this company, it's a most.!!! A new experience of work, it's a nice place to work.!!
customer service based
Cashier (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYJanuary 9, 2015
customer is always right, customer service, cash management, register
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate, Stamped and coded dates (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Penny curtiss, great place, The hours could sometimes get crazy, sometimes 70 hour work weeks. The Pay and people that work there were great. Benefits and management were always available. Penn traffic closed its doors though, but a super job.
Excellent opportunity to hone another skill set and work with a great team
5-S Coordinator (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: a great team environment
Everyday was a learning experience and also a teaching experience. I enjoy teaching and mentoring other employees do help their development and give them the opportunity to achieve and succeed. Worked with an excellent management staff who also pushed for development of others and gave opportunities for employees to learn new procedures and teachings daily.
productive and fast paced environment
Cashier Part-Time Customer Service (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PADecember 30, 2014
Pros: sincere and caring employees
Cons: short breaks
Wegmans is a great first job. Excellent training was provided, along with continuous recognition for a job well done. Normally, as a fast paced environment, time moved fairly fast.
Great Place to work
Baker, customer service (Former Employee), Ocean, NJDecember 29, 2014
Pros: 401k, health insurance, pleasant environmment
Cons: short lunch breaks and some favoritism when it comes to promoting people
This was one of the best places I have ever worked. They really do take good care of there employees and treat everyone that works for them so well. I hope other businesses can learn from there example and realize that if you treat your employees well they will work harder for you in the long run.
Fast paced work with a well developed management team.
Cashier (Current Employee), Depew, New YorkDecember 21, 2014
Most often while at Wegmans I can be found as a cashier on the front end of the store. I handle large amounts of credit, cash and check transactions while using Wegmans' G.R.E.A.T. customer service method. I have learned the importance of time management as well as customer interaction.
The most difficult part of this job was the inflexibility throughout the shifts.
The most enjoyable part about this job was the family-style atmosphere that Wegmans' provides to it's workers.
Healthy Work Environment
Part-time Associate (Current Employee), Northborough, MADecember 20, 2014
Pros: time-and-a-half on sundays
Cons: no discounts, expensive lunch
-Memorized restaurant orders and performed food preparation.
-Responsible for operational efficiency and creating a relaxed environment where food service delivery to costumers is taking place.
-Leading in maintaining high levels of hygiene and enforcing strict compliance with all health and safety legislation.
-Advising customers on menu choices.
-Costumer Service associate on several departments including: Submarine Shop, Pizza Shop, Chef’s Case and Helping Hands.
-Loading and unloading company merchandise.
Fun rewarding workplace
Overnight stocker/Meat Department (Current Employee), Sterling, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: weekly paycheck, fun staff, family environment
Cons: working weekends, pay rate
ALot of customer service, cleaning meat grinder, and cutter. Learn new dishes to make and try. Excellent place if want to grow within the company
vvvv
Cashier and Stock Shift Lead (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VADecember 16, 2014
Sales Associate
Foot Locker - Woodbridge, VA
July 2009 to July 2010
Responsibilities
Responsibilities included cleaning and keeping a neat display area.
Making sure each customer was greeted in a cheerful manner when walking into the store.
Be proactive in helping customers decide which shoes to purchase without being controlling.
Always mention any sales going on to the customer before closing out the purchase.
Keep cash drawer neat and accurate at all times.
Making sure the back stock room is properly stocked and shelved according to shoe and size.

Accomplishments
While at this job I was remained top sales lead for 8months straight. Receiving employee of the month several times.

Skills Used
Attend
Skating and Bowling Center - Fort Belvoir, VA
May 2008 to June 2009
Responsibilities
This required making shoe and skate rentals along with lane assignments, run cash
Horrible
Selector (Current Employee), Pottsville, PaDecember 14, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: unprofessionalism
Amongst the favoritism and the lack of professionalism, this place is the worst to work for. They constantly beat you down and make smart people feel dumb. Team leaders who don't do their job get to tell you what to do even tho they have no clue themselves in true leadership.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more