Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,342 reviews matching the search
Nice place for a part time job
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 28, 2017
Balance registers daily and ensure register areas are stocked with supplies
Provide assistance for Front End employees (make changes, register checking etc.)
Check for discrepancies and report to supervisor
Report sales to managers
Pros
Nice working environment, healthcare
Cons
Less flexible working schedule
Very great place to work
Overnight Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 27, 2017
Great place to work, great benefits, great management, multiple ways of moving up. If work hard and stay consistent, you can make a career working here
Pros
Great benefits, great management, good pay
Cons
Work can sometimes be stagnant
experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 26, 2017
they do too much. they don't apperciate you. you don't make real money unless your manager and up. they everyone is treated differently. you get hours if you 18 and up.
Pizza department
customer service rep/cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 26, 2017
customers are the most enjoyable part of my job. the hardest part is the work load that put on most full time people at wegmans. fast and friendly environment to work in. In my opinion management was not the best. I have learned how to cook different foods great teamwork skill and ordering product for the departments I have worked in. in a typical day at work I would prep the department for the days work as well as make certain things for our cold case products as well as cook food for the entire day or night shift. high standards in cooking food preparation as well as keeping my department clean and up to health codes.
Great place to work, very friendly people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMay 25, 2017
I think that this is a great place to work if you are looking for a job that is no stranger to friendly people. They have a great way of showing appreciation for their employees and always make you feel like you are appreciated.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No complaints
Excellent Company to Work For!
Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 25, 2017
All around great company to be with. Excellent benefits and 401k match. Scholarships available to college students. Excellent culture. Company empowers their employees.
Pros
Relaxed place to work, opportunities for advancement, excellent benefits.
Cons
Very restrictive company culture.
Wonderful company.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 24, 2017
Fun work place, fast shifts, always something to do, friendly management and co workers flexible schedule and easy work to learn and very supportive and easy to move up in the company.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No discount
An amazing place to be!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 24, 2017
Wegmans is like no other company that I have worked for. They advertise flexible scheduling for their workers and this is very true. I have never been at a company that has been able to work with me on my schedule as much as Wegmans has. As a college student, this was very important. Upper management is friendly and nice as well..
Great company just hard to advance in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 24, 2017
Overall company is great just management isn't as flexible with hours and certain people's issues as much. Also have cut on hours and have an issue with advancing from position.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Difficult to advance
Good pay, however management did not cooperate
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 23, 2017
Wegmans pays well for a first job, however management did not cooperate with a minor schedule change I had. I, like many of my peers, had to quit because of this.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Personal Growth
Floral Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2017
Overall, the establishment, company and management are great but it's not a place I would want to or see myself personally making a career at. There are a lot of things that don't sit well with me on a personal level rather than them being work related or any issues with the policies or staff. I really have no major qualms with the company or the job, some things can certainly be done differently and taken more seriously however at the end of the day it is a business focusing solely on retail and that's completely understandable and fine for some people, however others just need to grow into more suitable environments for themselves.
Pros
Flexible Hours
This is a good work environment
Prepared Foods (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2017
They job is great work enviroment with everyone giving an effort to be succesful . We value the thought of teamwork and giving each other a helping hand with work. A typical day at work is preparing foods that are assigned .
great job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJMay 23, 2017
Great place to work. I had nothing but good times here, everyone was extremely kind and I moved out of cashier within my first couple of months. There is so much to do in that store, It is great for people who want to work in the food service industry. It is still family run and the company is so good to its people the CEO comes to each store to meet his associates.
Pros
Great food, nice people, great company.
Cons
hours sometimes are an issue but not really
best place to work
ACCOUNTING / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 22, 2017
been with the company 12 years. benefits, pay, work/life, co-workers and mangers are great. fun place to work. fortune 100nfor the past 15 years. I love this companyn
Excellent company who truly cares.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 22, 2017
I have worked for the company for nearly ten years and have loved almost every second of it. It's a company that truly cares about their employees and wants the best for all of their people. Unfortunately there just aren't a lot of advancement opportunities where I'm located. If you're willing to relocate to newer markets, you're all set. The opportunities are endless.
Pros
benefits, 401K, paid vacation time, time and a half on sundays (full time), Scholarships, flexible
Cons
Great place to work and start a career
Helping Hands (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 22, 2017
Wegmans is a fantastic place for people young and old to find a job. It is a versatile company that allows anyone to find their niche and build on it.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Well-rounded employee support
Cons
inconsistent hours, staff leniency
Bakery and Create a Cake Customer Service
Bakery Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2017
Great place to work, grow, and worked well with my college schedule. I was able to learn what i wanted to achieve in life throughout the job and other employees along with the customers.
Pros
Customers
It is a great place to work
Front End Department Team Member (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMay 21, 2017
I enjoy working for wegmans. I am a cashier at wegmans, a typical day consists of greeting and cashing out the customers. I help the customers with any questions or concerns they have about their experience and what i can do to make it a better experience. I always had a job to come back to when I came back from school.
Poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Town of Perinton, NYMay 21, 2017
I did enjoy working at Wegmans; I made many friendships that will last a lifetime & learned many great things! A typical day for me would be communicating with customers, helping them find products, & helping out my team members with several tasks or the day. However there was a big lack of communication & poor management style which unfortunately led to many unhappy employees & an understaffed department.
Horrible
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 20, 2017
Dosent listen to you if you need to change your schedule. They push you away and don't listen. Everyday when i come home i think of how torturous it is and how much i regret working there.
Cons
Short breaks, Unpayed lunch, have to buy own food