Wegmans Employee Reviews

Awesome
Sushi Chef (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2015
Surrounded by amazing people. Outstanding environment. Employees are fun and hardworking. Produce is fresh. Clean kitchen. Very nice place to be
very nice enviroment with a family like feel
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits and enviroment
Cons: taxing on your body i
great job where I learned a lot like working the assembly lines, pallet jacks and the standing forklift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family like feel and the hardest part was building the pallets neatly.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Geneseo, New YorkAugust 25, 2015
A fun work place with supportive management.
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside me colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day which was fun and productive.
A very productive a work place that teaches you alot
Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Able to help people and learn about people
I learned about how the front end works in it daily operations and how to give customer service while handling customers orders or groceries while handling cash,debit plus credit cards, scanning coupons ,WIC and doing bottle returns, re-shops. The management and co-workers there are very friendly but the hardest part for me not enough challange despite my love for working with people.
good job while going to college
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), DeWitt, NYAugust 23, 2015
Pros: fair break times, scholorships oppertunity for people in college
Cons: stressful
very flexible hours and fair pay, great and hard working co-workers, and many good managers. Wegman's made it possible for me to both have a job and further my education in college.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: no discount
Please read the other summary, not sure why it is making me fill this out again.
The only negative I see is that they started hiring really young people to be managers that emotionally were not ready to take on the responsibilities. They are growing so quickly that the Wegmans philosophy and culture is getting lost in the move

you would have to be from Rochester to understand this
WONDERFUL place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clay, NYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good management
Cons: none
Management was great, very good to their employees!! Pay increases every six months which was great. Never had any problems and if I ever did management had an open door policy! .
not happy of how was treated
Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAAugust 18, 2015
There is a lot of drama, they did not work with me of getting me into another department for full time. When I got hurt on the job they did not give me the help or the concern on my behalf.
Fast paced, fun, growing company
Team Leader (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 13, 2015
At the end of the day, Wegmans is a great place to work for. They are flexible with your schedule, care about you as an individual and take interest in your growth within the company. If you invest yourself with them, they will do the same in return. Can't speak more highly of all that I have learned from working there! Good benefits, competitive pay.
Great opportunity for cross traing in different departments in prepared foods or other departments
Prep Chef /Catering/Customer Service (Current Employee), Gambrills, MDAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great health benefits
Cons: Leadership in kitchen
Wegmans offers good Job and Heath Benefits. One downside as part time employee I am no longer meeting 30 hr requirement for health coverage due to my schooling. Loosing coverage. Wegmans offers job security , not a lot of advancement. Store Manager, outstanding. Kitchen management does not meet my expectations.
Overnight Grocery / Customer Service Staff (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Fantastic work enviornment
Cons: Pay could have been better
Wegmans was a great job in fact it is where I met my Wife. Management had it's moments depending on the department. Great store with a wonderful selection of quality Products.
Great Company, Poor Management.
Overnight Grocery (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great Coworkers.
Cons: Bad, and I mean really bad management.
Wegmans is constantly rated high in "Best Place to Work" surveys for a reason, it is a fun place to work. Flexible hours, and good co-workers, however management is horrible. Most are only concerned with promotions and not training their employees. If you are looking for a part time job and not looking for advancement then totally apply, they pay pretty well too.
my first job
Service Desk Representative (Former Employee), elmira, nyJuly 31, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: late hours
Wegmans was a fun place for my first job, it is where I first learned a lot about member service and that I work well with people.
Sometimes I did feel that because I was not a full ime employee that I was not as valuable to them .
fun place to work
Part time front end cashier (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough hours
like shopping there as well as working.. management makes working there enjoyable...ability to cross train in other departments.
Okay if you're an High school student
Cashier (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Wegmans Scholarship, Understanding School Schedule
Cons: Management, Hours
I used to love working for Wegmans, but they are really iffy on hours. One week i went from 30+ hours to 7. If you looking for a positive environment, than they get 5 stars on that. I just don't recommend you be a cashier. It sucks. They are always switching management. They are good with understanding school hours if your a college student, and you get to choose your availability.
Previously answered
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 29, 2015
Previously answered all these questions about Wegmans in the last section and the review remains the same. Good company to work for and with.
Already Wrote
Customer service Category Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 26, 2015
I have spoken about Wegmans already, great company. Treated their employees life family.
The offered amazing health plans and multiple plans to fit our needs.
pretty good workplace
Assisting customer's (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 23, 2015
Pros: sometimes power drinks were provided on hot days
Cons: not many
be outside gathering carts
help customers load groceries
change the trash in the front end of store
clean up the vestibule
productive and fun
prepared (Current Employee), west sneeca nyJuly 21, 2015
Pros: SECURED JOB
Cons: nothing really
3 years never had problems people are caring scholarship winner and always room to move up the ladder and there always there to keep you safe to prevent injury during and off the clock
Great Company
Customer Service/ Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 16, 2015
Family and school oriented. If you want to focus on school they are flexible enough to manage your schedule. The staff is amazing and make you feel like you are family. If you have any issues HR is always there for you.
Headquarters