Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,336 reviews matching the search
Wonderful company.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 24, 2017
Fun work place, fast shifts, always something to do, friendly management and co workers flexible schedule and easy work to learn and very supportive and easy to move up in the company.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No discount
An amazing place to be!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 24, 2017
Wegmans is like no other company that I have worked for. They advertise flexible scheduling for their workers and this is very true. I have never been at a company that has been able to work with me on my schedule as much as Wegmans has. As a college student, this was very important. Upper management is friendly and nice as well..
Great company just hard to advance in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 24, 2017
Overall company is great just management isn't as flexible with hours and certain people's issues as much. Also have cut on hours and have an issue with advancing from position.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Difficult to advance
Good pay, however management did not cooperate
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 23, 2017
Wegmans pays well for a first job, however management did not cooperate with a minor schedule change I had. I, like many of my peers, had to quit because of this.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Personal Growth
Floral Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2017
Overall, the establishment, company and management are great but it's not a place I would want to or see myself personally making a career at. There are a lot of things that don't sit well with me on a personal level rather than them being work related or any issues with the policies or staff. I really have no major qualms with the company or the job, some things can certainly be done differently and taken more seriously however at the end of the day it is a business focusing solely on retail and that's completely understandable and fine for some people, however others just need to grow into more suitable environments for themselves.
Pros
Flexible Hours
This is a good work environment
Prepared Foods (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2017
They job is great work enviroment with everyone giving an effort to be succesful . We value the thought of teamwork and giving each other a helping hand with work. A typical day at work is preparing foods that are assigned .
great job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJMay 23, 2017
Great place to work. I had nothing but good times here, everyone was extremely kind and I moved out of cashier within my first couple of months. There is so much to do in that store, It is great for people who want to work in the food service industry. It is still family run and the company is so good to its people the CEO comes to each store to meet his associates.
Pros
Great food, nice people, great company.
Cons
hours sometimes are an issue but not really
best place to work
ACCOUNTING / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 22, 2017
been with the company 12 years. benefits, pay, work/life, co-workers and mangers are great. fun place to work. fortune 100nfor the past 15 years. I love this companyn
Excellent company who truly cares.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 22, 2017
I have worked for the company for nearly ten years and have loved almost every second of it. It's a company that truly cares about their employees and wants the best for all of their people. Unfortunately there just aren't a lot of advancement opportunities where I'm located. If you're willing to relocate to newer markets, you're all set. The opportunities are endless.
Pros
benefits, 401K, paid vacation time, time and a half on sundays (full time), Scholarships, flexible
Cons
Great place to work and start a career
Helping Hands (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 22, 2017
Wegmans is a fantastic place for people young and old to find a job. It is a versatile company that allows anyone to find their niche and build on it.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Well-rounded employee support
Cons
inconsistent hours, staff leniency
Bakery and Create a Cake Customer Service
Bakery Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2017
Great place to work, grow, and worked well with my college schedule. I was able to learn what i wanted to achieve in life throughout the job and other employees along with the customers.
Pros
Customers
It is a great place to work
Front End Department Team Member (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMay 21, 2017
I enjoy working for wegmans. I am a cashier at wegmans, a typical day consists of greeting and cashing out the customers. I help the customers with any questions or concerns they have about their experience and what i can do to make it a better experience. I always had a job to come back to when I came back from school.
Poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Town of Perinton, NYMay 21, 2017
I did enjoy working at Wegmans; I made many friendships that will last a lifetime & learned many great things! A typical day for me would be communicating with customers, helping them find products, & helping out my team members with several tasks or the day. However there was a big lack of communication & poor management style which unfortunately led to many unhappy employees & an understaffed department.
Horrible
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 20, 2017
Dosent listen to you if you need to change your schedule. They push you away and don't listen. Everyday when i come home i think of how torturous it is and how much i regret working there.
Cons
Short breaks, Unpayed lunch, have to buy own food
Demanding and unfulfilling
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 19, 2017
Workplace was primarily part-time, yet expected near full-time hours without letting one go full time. Benefits were poor and pay unsatisfying. Only upside was the scholarship program, but it provided precious little for how difficult it was made to obtain.One had to work over 900 hours over a single summer just to get it, which as a part-time employee is nigh impossible.
Pros
Scholarship
Cons
Hours, pay, short breaks
Fun and well-paying
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 18, 2017
I loved greeting customers and helping them with their grocery orders. I feel like I was paid well for my time and job. I learned valuable communication skills and how to handle bad situations.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, no discounts
Very flexible
Produce Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 18, 2017
Wegmans works great with your social life and work, willing to work around your schedule. Awesome benefits along with great discounts to endless amount of things. Great culture to work for.
Caring
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocean, NJMay 17, 2017
It Was Like A Second Family. Leaving The Company Was The Hardest Thing I Ever Had To Do. But Living In Jersey Is Way To Much Money. Great Benefits.
Pros
Pay Day
Cons
No Sick Days
Easygoing Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMay 17, 2017
Overall Wegmans is very fun and exciting place to work. The pros of working at this store are, the pay, they pay more than minimum wage. This company offers opportunities for advancement and scholarship opportunities for college students. The cons though are, the management is very overbearing and sarcastic, the breaks are not managed very well and often times you could go a whole shift without a break.
Pros
Scholorships, Wages, Coworkers
Cons
Management, short and often times no breaks
Don't like working by myself everday till relief gets there.
Acct Office TL (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 17, 2017
They like to promote the young and not necessarily the most qualified. The benefits are really good. They really need to work on communication most definitely!
Pros
Schedule, vacation, insurance and pay
Cons
Management, communication, seminars