Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

general merchandise
General Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 28, 2016
working in general merchandise was fun. you get to build displays and make everything look nice for the customer
Very Good Place
Customer Service Produce (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJune 25, 2016
Work is good and simple. There is a very comfortable and family atmosphere at work. This is a great job for retirees and students.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Difficult to Move Up; Micro management
sufficient for a job between semesters
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJune 23, 2016
Wegmans is a well run organization, but I find the work to be quite tedious. It was fine for a job between semesters, but I need a job that better fits my personal interests and career goals. I was also never scheduled to work as much as I would like. Short shifts or just short hours. I prefer Wegmans as a customer than as an employee.
Pros
its a nice grocery store
Cons
too few hours of work
A great company to work for with an excellent work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2016
Wegmans is a company who cares for their employees. On the day to day basis fellow coworkers and supervisors go beyond expectations to make sure your shift go as smooth as possible. Its a very organized company so their are barely any problems and when there is there's the human resource office to help. In a typical workday I would interact with hundreds of customers while cashing out groceries, assisting the customers in need and keeping the parking lot clean.
Family oriented business
Coffee Team Leader/ Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 18, 2016
The company truly cares. It is a faced paced environment but great people to work with. It's a secured job with wonderful benefits. Quick moving up in the business process.
Amazing place to be
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJune 18, 2016
Wegmans is dedicated to making both their employees and their customers happy. Employees that are treated well treat their customers well. I was offered a great starting rate for a part time job, and they give me the hours I really need. Wegmans truly cares about it's people.
Pros
Kind to staff, good pay, fair treatment, good hours
Cons
Some rude customers
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 18, 2016
This is good company. I met a lot of people here, and learn a lot here. But I don't want to be a cashier forever.
This company is great because it is like family.
A great enviroment to work in.
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MdJune 18, 2016
Whatever you can dream of, they have it: literally.
It was easy to access first hands on knowledge the majority of the time. the atmosphere was astounding but always to the customers liking as well as weekly samples- also to customers reviews in which kept them as regulars wanting more.
Pros
Freindly working supervisors
Cons
Too many bosses giving too many orders all at once.(a Who's Who)
Great Company With Great Benefits
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401June 15, 2016
The company overall is great. It's a family owned business that has a cult following. The only unfortunate thing is how management handles certain aspects. The company is set up as the customer is not always right. The company itself is based upon the setting of employees. Their main teaching was that the employees are always first. In this case, the company does very well in holding to that. The only ones that do not uphold that status anymore is management. We have a high turnover rate with little to no help now. The company used to be very difficult to get into with employees staying years within the company.
Benefits
Good place for Retail
Bulk Foods Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAJune 14, 2016
Managers treat employees pretty well and company will give you food for long meetings or as a thank you after rough seasons like holidays.
Pros
good pay, free food
Cons
customers are spoiled
always happy environment
Cashier/ Dairy Stock (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJune 11, 2016
while my time working at wegmans was only 1 1/2 years in that time i experienced amazing co-worker relationships there was always some sort of type of management to go to for any issues regarding work. All the employees were very out going and always welcoming , they saw the strive to move forward and up the chain to better your career . Wegmans for me was an amazing job i would recommend to anyone in the job search area
All about the politics
Over night (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2016
It is not what every one says it is it is a bad place to work unless you are a sick up or know people they throw you to the wolves and expect you to know what you are doing
Great place to work and to grow
Bulk Foods Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 10, 2016
Working at Wegmans has been a wonderful experience overall for my career. This opportunity has taught me how to manage my bulk foods department as my own individual business. With the mindset of running my department as my own personal business I had to learn to manage my people, my sales, and advance my business. One of the things that I enjoy the most is the interaction with the customers and my coworkers. Wegmans has a great family atmosphere that promotes working together to provide great customer service. The hardest part of my job is cleaning up after customers that constantly mess up the department and have no regard for keeping things in clean and orderly. When customers are negligent then it causes waste of good food and in turn waste of money. I believe Wegmans does a great job at training and preparing it's workers at being prepared for their job and ready to take on the responsibilities that are assigned to them.
Pros
Great family environment, great employees, company that trains and prepares you to be successful at your job.
Cons
customers that don't respect your department or products and waste things unecessarily
Would have been great place to start a career if I had been younger
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYJune 8, 2016
Enjoyed working at Wegmans co-workers were great, work schedules were terrible. Last minute changes to schedule with no regard given to family life
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work schedules and missied all family events while working there
A pleasant workplace, very flexible.
Cashier/Personal Shopper/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 7, 2016
Wegmans is an excellent company to work for. The employees are a joy to work with. There are a lot of benefits for full time employees.
Good 1st Time or part time extra job.
Overnight Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 7, 2016
As a part timer, sometimes you reach close to full-time hrs
Typical day is pretty easy, the only hard things are if you can handle overnight, and the 1st thing you do is unload the pallets which is physically demanding. As with any job you're going to have managers and co-workers you do and don't get along with. Most enjoyable part of the job though is the co-workers you do like. Stocking is hit or miss you like it or you don't, but it's pretty easy if your good at prioritizing.
Pros
Basic benefits, Co-Workers, Events
Cons
Physically demanding, Overnight, Schedule(Sometimes)
Great Place to Work!
BAKERY CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 7, 2016
Wegmans is a great place to work for people of all ages. They take great care of their employees and I really enjoyed my time there.
Not as great as you hear
staff (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 6, 2016
Wegmans is good at making the Wegmans rich but you are told not to talk about compensation. I can understand why, it is embarrassing low. All the hype you hear about Wegmans was maybe true in the past, it is no longer true. Wegmans have the this reputation as being royalty but their ego is very boring.
Good place for work.
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 5, 2016
I love this store! very well organized!
I learned a lot helpful things
This is a dangerously good place.
Efficient and always so clean.
A great company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 3, 2016
My day always begin with a greeting of "Hello Everyone". I learned several different ways in preparing quick and easy meals for our customers. It was like a true family atmosphere working there. Wegmans made you feel like part of a great team. That is what it's all about, treating your co-workers with respect and like family. I felt great about going to work everyday.

4.3