Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,392 reviews matching the search
Very flexible, perfect for college students
FRONT END CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 26, 2017
At Wegmans I am a cashier. The pay is wonderful, the managers are laid back, and the job itself is incredibly easy. However, it can get old really quick. The customers are usually older and love to tell you how to do your job, and you aren't allowed to talk to anyone else mos t of the time, which can make working on the front end pretty unbearable at some points. I have worked there for over two years and the hardest part is getting used to the customers telling you how to do things. The best part is that your coworkers are usually really laid back.
Pros
Multiple breaks, range of hours, can work when you want to
Cons
customers are stuck up, lack of hours
Fun and friendly work atmosphere
Deli Worker, Helping hands, Cashier, Maintainance (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 25, 2017
Very cooperative with part time hours. after working a certain amount of hours you are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Lots of good and fun people working there. like any workplace, you get some of the not so finest and brightest in the higher management and that was probably one of the only bad parts. Oh, and rude customers.
Pros
meet new friends, wegmans scholarship, flexible hours
Cons
Rude customers/canadians, and dumb upper management at times
Enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJune 24, 2017
I had a great time working for Wegman's. They are very strict but for good reasons. Great starting job for teenagers, advancement doesn't happen until you are at least 18. Would recommend. Only negative is they didn't provide any discounts for employees. Not even for lunch. Guess they try to make up for it with all the little parties for employees. Oh, best part is the time and a half pay on Sundays! I used to get 7 hr shifts Sundays and my paycheck looked so much better.
Pros
nice atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons
no employee discounts
no control over hours/schedule
Customer Service Representative In-Store Bakery (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 23, 2017
Wegman's has many advantages but as a full time employee, you have no control over hours or schedules so it is difficult to plan a life outside of your work
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no say in hours for full time
its a fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 23, 2017
the work environment is usually enjoyable. if your not too careful you can become very comfortable at this job and find yourself there longer than expected. The hourly pay is great and benefits.
Pros
layed back friendly environment
Worst job
Bakery Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDJune 22, 2017
I was not given off work on the day of my wedding and was then asked to stay late cause the manager gave too many other people off. while the pay was nice and benefits where ok. the company does not care about its employees.
Fun place to work.. Great benfits
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 22, 2017
I learn about sells and how to move fast and what bob mean bottom of the basket to make sure you got everything and that was a good thing to know and it rally helped me out and its a great place to work.. I enjoyed working there............. . ......................
fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYJune 22, 2017
wegmans is a great place to work... they are very flexible. They care about their employees and guiding them to success. I have been able to be home for my children and maintain a job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay
Ok Place to Work
FRONT END CASHIER, DELI & FROZEN FOOD DEPARTMENTS (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 22, 2017
This is a great company for students. If you're in college and are going back to school for the semester Wegmans will hold your job for you. Not many companies can say that.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14622June 21, 2017
Wegmans over all was a good experience . They gave me my first job and helped me grow as an employee. I got to learn more about myself as well as the company . They helped me better my customer service skills .
Pros
Customer Seminars
Cons
Bad pay
Productive and nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 20, 2017
Wegmans was a very high paced place to work. I learned so many different ways to communicate. Management wasn't the best. Hardest part was long hours.
Great Company
Overnight Grocery Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 20, 2017
Overall, a great company to work for. Managment is ideal and there are always opportunities to advance if you are willing to relocate. Everyone gels and gets along via the teamwork motto.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 19, 2017
This is an amazing place to work with competitive pay and great benefits be sure you are ready for your interviews because it is and can be very difficult to be hired
Great place to work, especially for younger adults
Produce Dept.-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 19, 2017
Great company to work for because of the benefit package but salaries are too low and it's extremely demanding on your time. It's hard to have a life working in this environment. It's important to have a balanced work/family life so you have to be purposeful in making it happen. Overall, I really liked working there.
Pros
Company benefits and training option
Cons
Strain on family life - very demanding on your time and salaries are too low
Who doesn't love wegmans
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2017
Where do I start wegmans is so diverse I loved my coworkers they were what made the job a second home then the customers most were generous you could do a lot of networking through wegmans from having a customer that works for there own farmers or just being doctors it was much more than just cashing out customers it was about building families
One of the best companies to work for.
Various Customer Service Positions (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJune 16, 2017
This is a workplace environment unlike any other. Management really cares about employees and there are endless career opportunities to learn and grow within the company. This is my fifth year at Wegmans and I have no complaints, I truly enjoy my job and love what I do.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Overnight Grocery (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 15, 2017
Wegmans is a good place to work for with room for advancement in the company. Working at wegmans is a friendly work environment. The benefits they offer is great.
free creative control over design of display cakes
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 13, 2017
I was able to use my creative and artistic skills to decorate cakes, executing free creative control. My co workers were friendly and provided positive feed back on my unique decorating themes.
Pros
creative control, fun environment
Cons
short, infrequent breaks
Great place to work!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 13, 2017
For me, the most enjoyable part about working at Wegmans was the people that I worked with. They were all awesome! It was like being part of a big family.
Well organized and friendly environment
Operations Intern/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 12, 2017
They were very organized creating a effective work environment. Never overloaded or mistreated. Always a lot of work and bust setting giving the best feeling of work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3