Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,146 reviews matching the search
Good place
Café team member (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Decent place to work. Friendly people. As long as you work hard and follow the rules it is a pretty easy job. Couldn't think of a reason why you wouldn't want to work here.
Very good place to work
Environmental Intern (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2017
I work as an intern and I really enjoy the people I work with. I am given a good amount of responsibility for just starting out.
Depends on location and individuals working with on over nights.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 18, 2017
The company has its ups and downs. I worked overnight and very few to sometimes no customers. Even when short handed, sickness, call off, etc. Expected to still manage to have stock up and back stock worked. Generally some management can be understanding when needing time off for family or what. Normally request need to be computer inputted two weeks prior to day/s off. Some management will try to work with you if time off, or something pops up before two weeks of written schedule. Other times if needing time off, you're expected to try to find a person to either take the day/s. Or be able to exchange days with other employees. Usually it isn't too much of an issue.
Pros
Good hours, pay can be good, and for full-time health care is ok if you're single, generally some good people to work with overnight, take lunches and breaks together
Cons
Larger loads, smaller crew are required to get all product up before shift ends, location and drive, full-time employees are required to work other locations, overnights can be hard to move to days or other departments due to limited people
Great place to work in culinary and hospitality.
Sub-Shop Team Member, Asian Cuisine Cook III (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 17, 2017
Working for Wegmans granted me the opportunity to gain customer service experience and sharpen my interpersonal skills. Our daily operation is to provide the guest with an incredible customer experience by providing knowledge on products and meeting the standard expectations of the guest.
It's Good
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 17, 2017
The culture is very friendly and family oriented. Good Job. It is a good job to have. The pharmacy is fast paced and enjoyable if you like working with people.
Don't care about college students
Front End Employee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Unless you plan on Wegmans being your career, they do not care about you. You're looked down upon if you attend college and are not very good with your availability. Moving up is extremely hard unless you know someone, regardless of how good of a worker you are. No discounts on food is also ridiculous. I have worked here 3.5 years, rarely call in sick, am always on time, have never gotten a customer complaint, and always do my best work and somehow someone who has gotten a suspension moves up in the company before me because they know someone. Wegmans is all about playing the games and knowing people and doesn't value the qualities that a career that requires an education does. Lots of people love working here don't get me wrong; this is just my personal experience.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Rude customers, constantly changing management, moving up
Friendly but feels like they really know how to press a stress factor
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Although working here is honestly fun and can feel rewarding...sometimes management just seems really unappreciative of what people do and like to point fingers that the little people are not working hard enough
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
dont always expect to feel appreciated, unnecessary stress factors
Everyone is so friendly and supportive.
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoy going to work at Wegmans everyday. My fellow employees are all very kind and welcoming. As Wegmans employees we are always putting the customers needs first. We go above and beyond to assist the customer as much as we can. Wegmans does a great job with work/life balance. The managers are always understanding when asking for days off and giving the employee the time off they need. The job can be stressful sometimes. Especially around the Holidays as the store gets very busy. But there are different problems that can occur daily that can effect how the day goes, making some days stressful. Attitude can help make your day better. Wegmans employees seem to love their job and maintain a positive attitude.
Pros
Coupons on items, employee appreciation, great benefits
Cons
long shifts.
Very busy, and a productive place to be
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14623January 16, 2017
You meet and greet people, give them excellent service, bag their groceries, make sure you have a nice day, standing all day, and lifting most of the time.

You learn how to be polite when a customers is being rude and handle it well or call a manager over. You learn how to bag groceries.

The co-workers are friendly, hard working, and easy to talk to.

The hardest part of the job is you cant control if a customer is mad for no reason, but you can ignore the fact that they are and kill them will kindness.

The enjoyable part about the job is sharing great stories and conversation with the customers and co-workers. Having positive people around me. Working mornings in a peaceful environment.
Pros
Food is great. co-workers are friendly
Cons
shorts breaks, no employee discounts on food except coupons
Ranked in the Top Ten of Fortune's 100 Best Companies for a reason
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 14, 2017
Wegmans allows me to work part-time while being a full-time student. The company is flexible as far as scheduling, offers scholarship money, extra pay on holidays/Sundays and much more. Have seen many co-workers come and go in my 4 years with the company so far and you see all types of people. Pleasant environment to work in general.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, flexible
Cons
Busy store, customers can be stressful at time
Its not that great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 13, 2017
They don't give you a discount. The customers look down at you even though wegmans accepts wic. You have to be fast or management gets mad at you.
Great workplace, terrible management
Cashier/Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Exciting retail workplace, but management is terrible and constantly shifting and they waste a lot of product. Best supermarket overall
Excellent Work environment
Meat Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NY 13021January 11, 2017
Worked here for four years and was always in a learning position through out my time with Wegmans! Enjoyed learning about RTC and food safety.
Awesome
Frozen/Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Great job they work with you when you have family issues and when you need time off. They work with vacation time and the people are great everyone happy and enjoys working there
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Don't pay enough
Seafood clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work has scholarship program. Works with your schedule. Fun experience. Great managers and coworkers.
Pros
Employee appreciation day
Pros and cons
Prepared Foods (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 8, 2017
It's not a bad place to work I definitely enjoy it.

I'd say pros are that they have goods for employees up to 90% off in break rooms occasionally. Giving away free food to the employees, such as my favorite employee appreciation week, and good people always willing to give a hand to customers and other employees.
Cons I will say scheduling is a little messy at times, honestly one of my biggest issues with the place. Linking off scheduling it can get chaotic it's busy and is under scheduled. Last I'm not ganna lie, some customers. Most are typical customers, but few can be a little to self entitled, and expect more than any employee has to offer.
Pros
Break room has breads and cereals
Cons
Schedule gaps missing people for specific jobs that need to be done, having to spread your viability is key.
Enjoyable and influential work enviornment
full-time overnight grocery and dairy (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJJanuary 6, 2017
I feel that there are very few businesses that operate like Wegmans. Most people that work here are happy with what they do, but they are also looking for opportunities to move up within the company. The management will influence people to take promotions or better job opportunities either within or outside the company. The management and supporting staff were very supportive of myself transitioning into the Army. Wegmans was not a good fit for me, but it was definitely a great start.
Pros
internships, healthcare, dental, scholarships
Wegmans
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 6, 2017
I honestly enjoy working at Wegmans. It was my first and only job untill the middle of 2016. I would always get compliments saying how my smile changes peoples days and how i work so hard to make sure they leave happy so they can continue shopping at Wegmans. I felt at home working with friends and even family. My mother works for Wegmans as well and its been over 13 years since she has been there and they treat us so well i could not thank them enough for teaching me valuable skills like communication, time management; these will be with me for life.
Pros
if they work is done by a good decent time, meaning not to early, we can go home.
Cons
i needed hours and it seemed like no one could really help me to a certain extent.
fun work place great customer care
coustomer service cashier (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDJanuary 4, 2017
Wegmans uses cultural diversity to provide state of the art shopping experience for everyone. Embracing the true meaning of community they also give back to those who support there family owned shopping experience.
Hard work and flexibility pay off
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 4, 2017
For retail this is a robust work day. In states not saturated with Wegman's store, the novelty and reputation make for high volume of customers. Items fly of off shelves and need constant restocking. Many items are made in-house, including a big focus on convenient items for the long-work-day crowd needing a healthy, fresh dinner that only needs to be thrown in the oven. Production and restocking are fast paced. Even walking to and from anywhere, must be done at a fast pace. But there are breaks and stretch sessions. Managers do check in and can facilitate extra bodies where needed. Data analysis is needed a couple times a week to project production and play with the inner inter-store rivalries for sales records.
The company provides lots of training, including many classes to explain the culture and how to handle utilize every management tool they have in their belt. Management is very supportive and include key players in process improvement. Executives check in and ask employees at all levels about our experiences with new products and processes. There is a forum to ask about policies and make suggestions to the COO.
This was the most diverse workforce I have experienced. The challenge of learning to manage a much greater spectrum of backgrounds and ages was a joy. Keeping the team excited about the competing against other stores, made for a strong team.
The hours were physically tough for someone *mid-career*, but if you are early in your career, serious, bright and flexible on relocating you could find a fast career path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3