Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,277 reviews matching the search
Busy workplace
Cashier, Accounting Office (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 25, 2017
Wegmans is a great place to work. There are so many opportunities for growth, and management encourages all employees to pursue any opportunity they'd like.
Friendly and Caring to Staff/Associates
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAApril 25, 2017
Great listening skills from employees to management.
Great working environment.
Safe working environment.
Pleasant employee attitudes.
Great customer satisfaction.
It's a job
Service Baker (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYApril 25, 2017
If you are looking for a transitional job or carreer this is a good company. great benefits, but just decent pay. Management is frequently switched in and out
Enjoy working one day a week, friendly environment, learn as you go and very helpful, caring co-workers.
BAKERY TEAM MEMBER (part time) (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAApril 25, 2017
I enjoy working at Wegmans, helping customers with their bakery choices, discussing the variety of cookies and listening to their concerns or opinions. Management takes time to train their bakery team members and backs it up with written documentation that is easy to follow and understand. Friendly environment with an emphasis on safety for all workers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No benefits for part timers
A great Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 24, 2017
Wegmans is a great company to work for. I worked for Wegmans for two years. I got to know many people in my community. Unfortunately I couldn't work the late night hours. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping them the most.
Productive well oriented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 24, 2017
I loved working here but it just interfered with my school schedule so i had to let it go. But other than that it was a very friendly environment i enjoyed it.
Pros
Working skills
Cons
Schedule changing
Great company to work for !
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ocean, NJApril 24, 2017
I love going to work everyday. I love communicating with the customers. I love helping people with everyday choices, I feel like I'm making a difference in their day.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Part Time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYApril 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was being in W-kids and getting to see all the children's smiling, happy faces and hear their giggles.
Getting to help the kids with reading, coloring and arts and crafts projects was fun, as well as getting to know the children and their families so well after having been there for 9 years.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 23, 2017
Wegmans is an amazing company. I loved every day of my almost eight years there. They treat their employees with respect and appreciate the things that they do.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Pay was not great
Great place to work at
Store Operation Intern (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 23, 2017
Wegmans is a great place to work at. They have flexible hours and management cares about the employees. Wegmans is a very diverts company. It creates a atmosphere where you can enjoy coming to work everyday.
Productive busy grocery store
Assistant Service Desk Manager / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 22, 2017
Started as a cashier and then cashier trainer. Moved to service desk and then Assistant Service Desk manager. Management was constantly moving and changing so it was sometimes difficult to communicate with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was that they worked with me as a working mom and making my hours flexible.
Pros
Worked with employees with their personal lives and work schedule
Cons
Managment communication
Great place to work, if you are looking for a part time career
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PAApril 20, 2017
I have started at Wegmans as a part time employee and have been both a full timer and team leader. It was amazing at first, when I was part time. They were super flexible and gave me weekends off and I wasn't held"accountable" (that's a Wegmans word for who gets the blame when things do not get done) for much. As a full timer, you clean up and pick up the slack of the part timers. Team leaders and department managers are oblivious and walk around talking to one another while the full timers are stressed and trying to keep things going. Schedules are horrible and you are always tired due to the crazy hours and too many consecutive days. As a team leader, nothing that you do is ever enough. They are always on your case because of payroll hours and opportunity hours. They want their cases full while keeping shrink low. Nothing is ever good enough.Pay is OK but the aggravation and being talked down by upper management makes it a horrible place to work.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Unqualified managers
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAApril 19, 2017
I work limited hours there per day, about five hours. We normally get a lot of distribution in around the holidays and especially on Thursdays and Sundays every week when the weather is nice (for the patio furniture which we sell). I enjoy working with the customers and giving them suggestions when it comes to what products have the best ratings.
Pros
Number one in safety and in the top 5 companies to work for.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, hard to get hours
Produce (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. The culture is great! The management is great but the hardest part of the job is moving up. The company is great but the ability to move up is hard because people usually work till they retire. This makes it difficult to move up in the company.
Pros
Work life
Cons
Compensation
Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Prepared Foods (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 19, 2017
Wegmans was a great place to work and I regret that I had to leave. The people there taught me many skills and I truly learned to provide incredible customer service (the Wegmans motto).
Pros
You will learn many skills.
Cons
You may be asked to switch departments often.
Great Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAApril 19, 2017
5.5- 8 hour days as part time employee, great place to learn and grow within the company. For the most part great employees to work with. Workplace is fast paced on certain days of the week. If you are looking for weekends off the management staff is flexible, but you will still have to work most weekends. Overall great place to work as a young student.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
pay
Work outside of cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 18, 2017
I was only a cashier in my two year experience with Wegmans. I think Wegmans would be a great place to work outside of being a cashier. It was really hard dealing with some customers
Pros
Wicked flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Most amazing company
Distribution Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2017
Wegmans is an amazing company to work for. It is a company that truly cares about it's people and it's employees. I truly enjoy working for such a great company who takes care of it's people.
Kind Working Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2017
Working here was great i was able to speak to all different types of people while also being able to lend a helping hand to both costumers and co workers when needed .
Wish I still worked there
Dewitt, NY - Cashier (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYApril 17, 2017
I made the mistake of finding somewhere else to work, although Wegmans is the place that is flexible, well managed, and a well-rounded environment. Would 10/10 go back to work for.
Pros
Fantastic place to work for.
Cons
Sometimes scheduled 3.45 hours instead of 4 so you would not receive break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3