Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Perfect for a first job
Runner (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 19, 2016
Job is straight forward with day to day operation varying slightly. I've learned how to work in other positions with hands on experience. How to set priories to help business overall flow more smoothly. Management works with you to accomplish tasks when there is a time constraint. The hardest part is dealing with the constant changes with how things are done or being handled because of the lack of communication between the employees. I do enjoy the new experiences because they give me skills that I can take with me.
Great opportunities for engaging part-time work
Gainesville, Virginia Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 23, 2016
Wegmans was the best option for me after graduating college and looking for part-time work. There is a great sense of community in the workplace and employee empowerment is a cornerstone of their beliefs. Employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas to management and are given wide and varied opportunities for further training.
Cons
inconsistent schedules
Friendly work environment with great coworkers
Full Time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYApril 13, 2016
A typical day I would set up the cold food bars and would make a list of food/product I had to make that day. I learned very good time management and customer service skills. Some of the friendliest and most personable coworkers. Hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the amount of customers, preparation, and cleanliness during busy hours. Most enjoyable part would definitely be the people I worked with
Productive and encouraging environment
Prep Cook/Cook III (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 28, 2016
My time spent working for this company was fun and interesting. I learned a lot whilst working there. The benefits were mainly for full-time employees, there were a few benefits for part-time employees. The managers were as friendly as they were driven, which needless to say they were well driven. The co-workers were also very friendly.
Pros
frequent events offering food
Cons
Highly disapproved of smoking
Great coworkers Poor advancement Oppurtunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 2, 2016
Enjoyed working at wegmans. However when I decided to advance in my career with them after working almost 4 years with them I was told I could have the opportunity to advance. Little did I know that a week later I was told that management had change their minds and decided to give the postion to a less experienced person who had been there for only a year.
Pros
Scholorship
Cons
Lack of Respect from management
Fun place to work. Outstanding work/life balace.
Customer Service - Wine store (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 1, 2016
Management listens to concerns of its staff. Co-workers are great to work with. Interaction with customers is the most enjoyable part of the job. Dynamic work which involves physically stocking liquor product. Learning process as the liquor industry is a growing worldwide industry.
Pros
Employee appericiation days.
Cons
Standing for extended period of time.
Great place to work? I don't think so!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 9, 2016
I don't think Wegmans is not a good place to work. I think Wegmans is a good company but management is very BAD. Like schedule when finish closing but need opening next day, in most case it should break one day that change to different schedule, this is very easy but they not to do so.

When hiring, they say will care employer but not, they want working on safe place but not. Like the working table not adjustable, some will okay but other not, if long hours using that table will hurt my back.

Since some store business not good, they cut a lot of working hours, it mostly on part time job, we still need do more or less the same of job, it is very hard for us, most of employee is overwork load, management know about that but not take any action.
Pros
good benetfit
Cons
bad management, overwork load
Great place to work!
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY 13090May 19, 2016
Short shifts, great customer service and support training, management are wonderful to talk too, co-workers are helpful, dealing with customers sometimes is difficult, meeting new people. Not a perfect place but close to it!
Pros
Flexible hours for family needs, great work enviroment and support and rewards for doing a great job.
Cons
retail envionment, and low pay
Great place to work. Training is always on going to keep up with the industry.
Meat Manager and Store development (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 2, 2016
I have had a wonderful experience working there. If you are looking to work in the grocery business Wegmans is the place to work. Managers are given the tools in which to be successful at their jobs.The company had several ways to celebrate success throughout the year and at the holidays.
Pros
excellent company to work for.They are employee oriented.
Learned several different areas
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMarch 2, 2016
The managers were very good at working with your schedule. The only problem was you had to work every weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to make sushi, sub rolls, pizza and work with different cultures. The customers were also enjoyable to meet and help. Customers showed their appreciation when you gave them great service.
Pros
Learning new skills.
Cons
Working every Saturday.
Don't do it. Just don't.
SEAFOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  PAApril 5, 2016
Wegmans used to be a great company to work for. The last few years it has really gone downhill. They used to care about people but now they only care about the bottom line. The turnover rate is getting ridiculous and people who have been there for years are willing to take pay cuts to get out of there before it gets even worse...if that's possible. Would NOT recommend.
Truly a great place to work
Information Technology Specialist65 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 22, 2016
I worked at Wegmans for 42 years. There are no limits to what you can do and learn with this company. If a person is not happy working there they would not be happy anywhere. the best part of the job was the fact that I did everyday what I loved to do. Because of this, it did not ever feel like a job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
I had to retire sometime
Fun place and people to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 7, 2016
a typical is like the morning sunshine once you wall into the doors of Wegmans food market. The greetings from every angle and hugs just warms my heart on the daily basis. Everyone is committed on getting the work done as a team and incredible customer service is the reason Wegmans is one of the best places to work for in America.
Pros
going above and beyond to help, incorperating family life with work life, alwayas appreciating employees
Cons
none for now
Very flexible work schedualing, mostly frienldy to work for
Culinary customer service/Full Time Cook II (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and promptly waiting on customers. Management how ever does not look out for it's employees and moving up in the company is very hard to do. Co-workers vary from those who are easy going and like able to just the opposite as is in any work place. For the most part however the environment is easy going and fun. The hardest part of our work day I would say is making every customer happy it's not always easy but we always made sure it happened. The most enjoyable part of the day would be interacting and making customers happy.
Pros
Very flexible work schedual and good benefits
Cons
Hard to work your way up the chain of command
I met some great people and I enjoyed talking about the product I was selling.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Cultish, Gossipy, Management was not very understanding about employees health problems, hours were inconsistent or changed without team members being made aware.
Pros
Benefits. Good pay and for the most part everyone was nice.
Cons
Sometimes you aren't given a lunch and you are not paid for lunch even if you dont get one, cult-like atmosphere, gossip and drama, some employees were consistently given "garbage work" when co-workers didn't want to do it, co-workers ignored customers, no formal training, and no discussions when we should've been having meetings about shipments, changes, etc.
Friendly working environment for all
Bakeshop Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2016
Wegmans is a fun and friendly workplace. I learned that teamwork helps to complete the biggest or smallest of tasks. You instantly make friends on the job. Hardest part of the job is shifts can be scattered depending on your PT/FT status. Enjoy making a difference to co-workers and customers.
Pros
PTO, benefits
Flexible Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 25, 2016
Wegmans has taught me how to deal with difficult customers and how to provide the customers with great customer service. Because of Wegmans, great customer service is something I strongly stand upon. The most enjoyable part of this job was making connections with many different people and learning new things everyday.
Great environment, Flexible Scheduling, treats employees well
Prepared Foods Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for wegmans very much. they work great with college students scheduling and have fair pay. They often have employee appreciation week to show how much they value their workers. they also emphasis the importance of customer service which is great for any company
Retail
Cashier, Overnight Stock (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of working the cash register. Helping out customers and employees. Cleaning the work areas. Stocking shelves. I learned a lot about working together with others. Management was there to help when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers
Pros
healthcare
Team work
Customer Service - Front End/Produce (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 23, 2016
A typcial day at Wegmans has a high paced atmosphere that requires the employees to work hard and work together to effectively run operations. I've learned the importance of effective leadership and what it takes to bring out the best in my co-workers. Management provides the tools necessary to allow growth from within the various departments. My co-workers have grown to be people I can rely and depend on. Building relationships with co-workers has proven to be a big reason for success. The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide exactly what the customer is asking for. The best we can do as employees is find the best alternative to try and satisfy what the customer is looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to establish great and lasting relationships with my co-workers. They have grown to become friends and make the workplace a fun place to be.

4.3