Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

This is a GREAT Job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDJuly 4, 2016
The job as a cashier was repetitive but, there were many upsides. Management was always understanding and approachable. Atmosphere was great. Coworkers were all decent people and there was a sense of teamwork. Great pay and $2 per hour increase for working on Sundays. Great store. The customers were even friendly and cheerful. Wish I could have stayed here. Great advancement opportunities even though some did not seem fair at times.
Wegmans Summary
Frozen Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 22, 2016
I have moved around Wegmans in different departments quite a few times now and it is always the same problem. The management is just awful wherever you go in the store. They act like they are better than you and play favorites and its just not a good store to work for honestly. I love all my other co-workers and everyone is very friendly, the only problem is the management and that makes it hard to want to work when you feel like your boss doesn't believe in you.
A great company to work for with an excellent work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2016
Wegmans is a company who cares for their employees. On the day to day basis fellow coworkers and supervisors go beyond expectations to make sure your shift go as smooth as possible. Its a very organized company so their are barely any problems and when there is there's the human resource office to help. In a typical workday I would interact with hundreds of customers while cashing out groceries, assisting the customers in need and keeping the parking lot clean.
Great Company With Great Benefits
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401June 15, 2016
The company overall is great. It's a family owned business that has a cult following. The only unfortunate thing is how management handles certain aspects. The company is set up as the customer is not always right. The company itself is based upon the setting of employees. Their main teaching was that the employees are always first. In this case, the company does very well in holding to that. The only ones that do not uphold that status anymore is management. We have a high turnover rate with little to no help now. The company used to be very difficult to get into with employees staying years within the company.
Benefits
Cons
Good 1st Time or part time extra job.
Overnight Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 7, 2016
As a part timer, sometimes you reach close to full-time hrs
Typical day is pretty easy, the only hard things are if you can handle overnight, and the 1st thing you do is unload the pallets which is physically demanding. As with any job you're going to have managers and co-workers you do and don't get along with. Most enjoyable part of the job though is the co-workers you do like. Stocking is hit or miss you like it or you don't, but it's pretty easy if your good at prioritizing.
Pros
Basic benefits, Co-Workers, Events
Cons
Physically demanding, Overnight, Schedule(Sometimes)
always happy environment
Cashier/ Dairy Stock (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJune 11, 2016
while my time working at wegmans was only 1 1/2 years in that time i experienced amazing co-worker relationships there was always some sort of type of management to go to for any issues regarding work. All the employees were very out going and always welcoming , they saw the strive to move forward and up the chain to better your career . Wegmans for me was an amazing job i would recommend to anyone in the job search area
Productive and encouraging environment
Prep Cook/Cook III (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 28, 2016
My time spent working for this company was fun and interesting. I learned a lot whilst working there. The benefits were mainly for full-time employees, there were a few benefits for part-time employees. The managers were as friendly as they were driven, which needless to say they were well driven. The co-workers were also very friendly.
Pros
frequent events offering food
Cons
Highly disapproved of smoking
Perfect for a first job
Runner (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 19, 2016
Job is straight forward with day to day operation varying slightly. I've learned how to work in other positions with hands on experience. How to set priories to help business overall flow more smoothly. Management works with you to accomplish tasks when there is a time constraint. The hardest part is dealing with the constant changes with how things are done or being handled because of the lack of communication between the employees. I do enjoy the new experiences because they give me skills that I can take with me.
sufficient for a job between semesters
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJune 23, 2016
Wegmans is a well run organization, but I find the work to be quite tedious. It was fine for a job between semesters, but I need a job that better fits my personal interests and career goals. I was also never scheduled to work as much as I would like. Short shifts or just short hours. I prefer Wegmans as a customer than as an employee.
Pros
its a nice grocery store
Cons
too few hours of work
A great enviroment to work in.
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MdJune 18, 2016
Whatever you can dream of, they have it: literally.
It was easy to access first hands on knowledge the majority of the time. the atmosphere was astounding but always to the customers liking as well as weekly samples- also to customers reviews in which kept them as regulars wanting more.
Pros
Freindly working supervisors
Cons
Too many bosses giving too many orders all at once.(a Who's Who)

Want to know more about Wegmans?

Ask a question
Great opportunities for engaging part-time work
Gainesville, Virginia Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 23, 2016
Wegmans was the best option for me after graduating college and looking for part-time work. There is a great sense of community in the workplace and employee empowerment is a cornerstone of their beliefs. Employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas to management and are given wide and varied opportunities for further training.
Cons
inconsistent schedules
Great place to work!
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY 13090May 19, 2016
Short shifts, great customer service and support training, management are wonderful to talk too, co-workers are helpful, dealing with customers sometimes is difficult, meeting new people. Not a perfect place but close to it!
Pros
Flexible hours for family needs, great work enviroment and support and rewards for doing a great job.
Cons
retail envionment, and low pay
Fun place to work. Outstanding work/life balace.
Customer Service - Wine store (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 1, 2016
Management listens to concerns of its staff. Co-workers are great to work with. Interaction with customers is the most enjoyable part of the job. Dynamic work which involves physically stocking liquor product. Learning process as the liquor industry is a growing worldwide industry.
Pros
Employee appericiation days.
Cons
Standing for extended period of time.
Amazing place to be
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJune 18, 2016
Wegmans is dedicated to making both their employees and their customers happy. Employees that are treated well treat their customers well. I was offered a great starting rate for a part time job, and they give me the hours I really need. Wegmans truly cares about it's people.
Pros
Kind to staff, good pay, fair treatment, good hours
Cons
Some rude customers
A great company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 3, 2016
My day always begin with a greeting of "Hello Everyone". I learned several different ways in preparing quick and easy meals for our customers. It was like a true family atmosphere working there. Wegmans made you feel like part of a great team. That is what it's all about, treating your co-workers with respect and like family. I felt great about going to work everyday.
Friendly work environment with great coworkers
Full Time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYApril 13, 2016
A typical day I would set up the cold food bars and would make a list of food/product I had to make that day. I learned very good time management and customer service skills. Some of the friendliest and most personable coworkers. Hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the amount of customers, preparation, and cleanliness during busy hours. Most enjoyable part would definitely be the people I worked with
Great coworkers Poor advancement Oppurtunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 2, 2016
Enjoyed working at wegmans. However when I decided to advance in my career with them after working almost 4 years with them I was told I could have the opportunity to advance. Little did I know that a week later I was told that management had change their minds and decided to give the postion to a less experienced person who had been there for only a year.
Pros
Scholorship
Cons
Lack of Respect from management
Great place to work? I don't think so!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 9, 2016
I don't think Wegmans is not a good place to work. I think Wegmans is a good company but management is very BAD. Like schedule when finish closing but need opening next day, in most case it should break one day that change to different schedule, this is very easy but they not to do so.

When hiring, they say will care employer but not, they want working on safe place but not. Like the working table not adjustable, some will okay but other not, if long hours using that table will hurt my back.

Since some store business not good, they cut a lot of working hours, it mostly on part time job, we still need do more or less the same of job, it is very hard for us, most of employee is overwork load, management know about that but not take any action.
Pros
good benetfit
Cons
bad management, overwork load
Truly a great place to work
Information Technology Specialist65 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 22, 2016
I worked at Wegmans for 42 years. There are no limits to what you can do and learn with this company. If a person is not happy working there they would not be happy anywhere. the best part of the job was the fact that I did everyday what I loved to do. Because of this, it did not ever feel like a job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
I had to retire sometime
Flexible Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 25, 2016
Wegmans has taught me how to deal with difficult customers and how to provide the customers with great customer service. Because of Wegmans, great customer service is something I strongly stand upon. The most enjoyable part of this job was making connections with many different people and learning new things everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3