Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

A Very Welcoming Place
Part-time employment (Current Employee), Buffalo, New YorkMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Schedule Flexibility
Cons: Pay, Advancement
There is a reason why Wegmans is the 7th best place to work in the United States. They treat you like family, and they are very great at working around a busy schedule. However, advancement to a management position is very frustrating and hard to accomplish, as they will usually look outside the current store to fill the position, regardless of how well your resume stands out
Professional and welcoming place to work at!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 30, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
I'm a part-time cashier here at the Burlington Wegmans and I have to say that so far I like working here. I punch in, put my stuff in the lockers provided in the break room and then meet up with my team leader or manager on duty and they assign me to a register. Everyone here has been very helpful and nice so far, including my co-workers, team leaders and managers! I come into work and leave work without feeling overwhelmed or stressed. So far, the hardest part of my job is just dealing with the occasional difficult customers. Fun part is when they do random raffles or contests to win free prizes such as work shirts, extra breaks or free meals. It's pretty nice, they're definitely not your typical grocery store!
Flexibility for Students!
CASHIER (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2015
Wegmans is a good place to work especially as a Students, its gives you flexibility in your schedule and allows you to study. Wegmans also give out scholarships to help Students in College.
Ok place to work if you don't want to advance in the store I worked in
Deli/OWC (Former Employee), Hornell, nyMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, some enjoyable co workers
Cons: Horrible team leaders, hired pple with no common sense
First few years had a great team leader who empowered me and helped set high standards for myself...last 2 year's I went through 2 horrible team leaders, who did not want to get our lowly part time feedback, who didn't empower us and there was no consequence for lazy workers, so those of us who cared always had to pick up the slack. Our store hardly advanced from within, which didn't really help the moral of part time employees, and the open door policy is a joke.
Wegmans
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 26, 2015
Flexible scheduling
understanding management
friendly work environment
great benefits
caring managers
great co workers
An amazing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 25, 2015
for it to be a busy store, Wegmans does their best to make their employees happy. We worked with a lot of very rude customers but they do their best to make our day and attitudes as positive as possible.
Great first job.
Accounting Office (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2015
This company was my first employer and I have had no problems over the past 6 years with them. The culture is unique to this company.
Good place to work after school
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Dickson City, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: really good management
really good place to work after school, great benefits and pay, love my managers. great company overall,nothing bad to say
Awesome Place to Work
Cashier, Grocery, Dairy (Current Employee), Fairport, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks, scheduling, management
I can only say great things about Wegmans. Great people to work with and since working part-time for 5 years I've learn many helpful skills that I carry onto other jobs once I graduate college. The scholarship is a nice bonus as well.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ocean, NJMarch 20, 2015
Worked here for nine years. They always take care of their employees. Great place to learn how to interact with customers, and experience firsthand how important incredible customer service is to a company's success.
Amazing Company That Does What It Says.
Demonstration Chef/Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: positive and fun work environment, amazing management and coworkers, high quality products and services.
Cons: grocery hours, work most holidays
Wegmans is, hands down, the best company I have ever worked for. They focus on happy customers and employees and create a wonderful environment for both. They offer great benefits, flexible schedules, and just a wonderful atmosphere to work in. They hire people with drive and dedication; I did not work with a single person who wasnt a pleasure to work around/with. The management team is caring and understanding. They are approachable and easy to communicate with. During my time with Wegmans I was given so many opportunities to learn and grow, working in multiple departments and always having new training to take part in. Wegmans strives to be the best at what they do and they do a great job at it. Their brand is extremely high quality; and always innovating to provide the best for their employees and customers. The CEO/Owners make a point to visit each and every store and their presence is always celebrated instead of feared. The company is run more like a small business, remaining focused on what is truly important; customer satisfaction, instead of like a big company. Truly a pleasure to work for Wegmans!
Great place to work and meet new people every day
Cashier/Bakery (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2015
Working for Wegmans has taught me a lot about time management. Currently working in the bakery, we are in constant contact with customers between writing on cakes, answering phone calls and our actual task that we are assigned to for the day. While working for the company, I've learned that the customer always comes first, that's what providing exceptional customer service really comes down too. The best part about working for one of the best companies in corporate America is the constant flow of business. There is never a dull moment, and meeting new clients each day truly is one of the most rewarding parts of the job!
Wegmans is a family friendly company.
Merchandising Manager & Division Coordinator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 13, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits offered to both part-time and full time employees. Many opportunities throughout the company for advancement and development.
Typical retail environment
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYMarch 12, 2015
This job is incredibly easy and laid back. However the pay rate and opportunity for advancement is very scarce. On the plus side, they do offer a good benefit package.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Crofton, MDMarch 12, 2015
Very easy work really enjoyed it mangers were good pay was ok the only time it was really busy and stressful was on weekends
LOVE
Customer Service (Current Employee), Germantown, MDMarch 11, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
People here are enjoy able and easy to work with. Balancing life and work is easy and they are willing to work with you. Every couple weeks we have different employee appreciation days. We also receive a raise every six months. about 50cents . Very friendly and comfortable environment. Also you to train in other departments and explore your options. Offers a scholarship to students. Offers internships
A typical day
cashier (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: no room to grow with the company
Assists customers waiting for check out in a grocery store. Scans items, requests price checks, honors appropriate coupons, collects payment and gives change as appropriate. Responsible for counting contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift. May bag items or perform other duties as needed.
Family type environment
Baker/seller and part of the KBS Team (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: health screening every six months and constant follow up.
Wegmans is a reputable company to work for known for treating their employees with care whether for their well-being or health. Working there feels like being part of a large family.
Great part time job during high school and college summers.
o Cashier/Barista/Grocer/Beer and CafĂ© Cashier (Current Employee), Nazareth, PAMarch 7, 2015
Wegmans provided a great opportunity with it's scholarship for me by allowing me to work for the company when home from college completing my education.
Good place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: worked with great people.
Cons: low pay.
Wegmans is great company to work for and they treat their employees well. I made lots of friends there, and enjoyed working with my coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more

Wegmans Salaries