Wegmans

Wegmans Employee Reviews

Positive work enviornment
Customer Service (part-time) (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAMay 21, 2015
At Wegmans a typical day consists of having fun is a positive work environment while completing all tasks for the day. The hardest part of my job is trying to be as efficient as possible in a timely matter. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my coworkers throughout the day
Great work environment with plenty of opportunity for students
Cashier (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, Scholarship opportunities, Friendly co-workers, Great Benefits
As a college student, it's not always easy to find employers who work with you and allow you to pursue an education. At Wegmans, flexible scheduling and scholarship opportunities make it easy to be both a Wegmans employee and a full-time student.
Productive Fun Workplace
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Malvern, PAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great Managers and co- workers
Cons: lack of communication
I loved it at Wegmans when I first started in 2012 when I was only 15 years old, it was great! Lately thou7gh from 2014-2015 management went downhill and the store itself lack of communication ect. Many people where quitting and it just didn't seem as friendly of an environment anymore. Don't get me wrong I still love Wegmans but not to any longer work there.
N/A
Service Desk/ Front End Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 19, 2015
Provide incredible customer service. Use problem solving skills to resolve any issues a customer may have to make their experience enjoyable and hassle-free.
Grocery store
Cashier/Front End Services (Former Employee), Fairmount, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good company to work for
Cons: Short breaks
Daily tasks included customer service, organizing customer's groceries, and checking out payments.

Management is strict and organized.
Hours can be strenuous.
fun place to work
customer service (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: college scholarship
Cons: 30 minimum hours per week in order to qualify for healthcare
I have been with Wegmans for five years now and I have had a great learning experience in many departments, including cash register, cheese, health and beauty, I have learned many traits to carry along with me. My most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a customer happy and satisfied with my help. I have made great friends in each area I've worked in, with friends by my side as co-workers it definitely makes me enjoy my job at Wegmans.
terrible place to work but the pay is good but i might take you 3 or4 years to get fulltime u will be part time for years
Wegmans warehouse employee (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: healthinsurance, 401k, rateof pay
Cons: roaches, mice, not that clean, bread is not fresh, they gossip to much, management will lie on you to cover themselves
watch what you eat the ware house has roaches, I have seen mice the bread is not fresh they freeze it for a month or longer before it is put in the store. all the employees do is talk about you all day management lies on you it is the worst place that I have worked only good thing is that they paid good. flour in bakery made me develop asthma and allergies . one of my friends actually died from a asthma attack at work because they would not let somebody take her to the hospital they made her wait for an ambulance. they do put money in your 401k for you tho good benefits but they treated me bad .
I Love Wegmans!
Accounting Office Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, good people, lots of room for movement
Cons: They don't give you free lunch every day. It's a grocery store.
It sounds silly every time I say it, but I absolutely love working for Wegmans. I take pride in the fact that I work for such a great company and that my boss actually cares about me more than just an employee. I love working in the accounting office, and I love the cross-training opportunities I have accessible to me.
My coworkers are amazing, and I love some of them like family. We all work well together and we can get our jobs done while still catching up with each other.
My boss is one of the most caring people I know, and I am absolutely happy to work with and for her. She is more like a friend than a boss, but I know when and where to treat her as such. The upper management at my store are the same way, and I am happy to say that I have a good relationship with all of them, and they really want me to succeed in whatever I do.
The hardest part of my job is time management, but with hard work and determination I am gradually getting better. That's another great thing about Wegmans: everyone is constantly trying to improve on things which could use improvement.
My favorite part of my job is the flexibility. I have very flexible hours in case I need time to find a full time job utilizing my degree, and flexibility within my job in case I get a little behind.
Wegmans Food Markets
PT Customer Service - Pizza (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NYMay 9, 2015
Pros: Typically good managment and good coworkers.
Cons: Sometimes understaffed. Hard to keep up with customer demand.
A routine based job. Management was typically easy going. Most of the people I worked with were focused and easy to get along with. I liked learning about all the different types of food choices I had. The customers were the hardest part of the job because a majority of them had unrealistic standards of employee job performance that is set loosely by the company itself. One time I had a customer who got mad because he had to wait literally one minute for a slice of garlic pizza as it was in the oven cooking at that given time. He threw a tantrum and was swearing in the middle of the store. His wife was visibly embarrassed. Usually faithful Wegmans customers are not this unreasonable. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for Wegmans because I had a good manager and good coworkers. Many people can make a career out of working at Wegmans.
A great place to work
Produce Team Leader (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: Open door policies with all management, Seminars for development, and excellent Human Resources department
Cons: None
It is a very family oriented company to work for. The corporate and store management really know how to take care of their employees. Over the past 10+ years i have been with the company I have enjoyed everyday because my team and department manager make it feel like it is my home away from home. We all consider ourselves family considering practically all of us have been together since we all started together, in my current store. One of the most enjoyable things I love is seeing the customers that I have built relationships with over the years come into my department/store just to say "Hi, how are you?". Those customers make it that much better of a work environment. It ensures me that I have made a difference in their lives.
Clean working enviornment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 6, 2015
I think the most enjoyable part of working at Wegmans, is that as time goes by, you start building bonds with your customers and making friends. The people and employees are so nice and treat you right.
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: worked a lot of hours
Cons: disrespected
I began working at Wegmans as a cashier when I was fifteen. I had to take several customer service and food safety courses and tests before beginning to work and while working. A typical day at work was talking to customers all day, long hours on my feet and short lunch breaks. I learned a lot about customer service because that is Wegmans number one priority. During my time at Wegmans, I moved from Cashier to Helping Hand to Produce Stock Person. I was able to switch departments as I got older. Management was unprofessional and was my least favorite part of the job. The store managers were misogynistic and enjoyed promoting their golfing buddies. The hardest part of the job is the very little appreciation or respect that part time workers received from management but the most enjoyable part of the job was that my direct supervisors, chose me, at age 15-16 to oversee the department when they would leave early or take lunch.
Ideal place to learn vital business tools
Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Part-Time benefits lead to people making careers within company
Cons: Job/Work Life balance is poor
In the management role (Service Team Leader), you are faced with managing in a fast paced, multi-tasking oriented role. On a typical day, you are faced with developing and managing a team of employees, maintaining profitability with store operations, controlling inventory levels and expenses such as payroll and shrink to impact bottom-line profit for the department, handling customer concerns, while managing store operations: morning, evening, night, as well as weekend & holiday hours.
Love it
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 29, 2015
Staff is trained to perform all tasks hands on and also to have excellent customer service skills. Easy to move up within the company.
Positive first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Lanham, MDApril 28, 2015
Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Greet customers entering establishments. Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and fast and friendly service.
Family run, health inspired company
Cashier, Cheese Department Associate (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 27, 2015
Learned many things about the specialty products, where they came from, how they were made, etc
Many raises and promotions to be had
Enjoyable atmosphere and supportive staff
Amazing Work[lace
Front End (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYApril 26, 2015
Raises were given every six months. I was very well trained and felt secure in being able to ask questions about things I did not know. Assistant Managers were very helpful when needed. When time was requested of it was always given if you gave proper notification. This really is the best place I have ever worked!
Pleasant people and environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 25, 2015
The pharmacy is a fast paced department that has constant interactions with customers. Each day I switch consists of several different tasks such as entering prescription information into the system, filling prescription, and handing them to the customers. My time there has taught me how important it is to work hard and complete each task with care. The management and co-workers are great people that are more than willing to help anyone with a problem. I enjoy working in the pharmacy.
Productive and enpowering work
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJApril 25, 2015
Wegmans provides a lot of resources that allows its employees to excel and provide exceptional service to the customers and patients. It fosters a great culture to motivate great productivity and workflow to continuously improve the experience for both the employees and customers.
Retail with a smug sense of self-importance
Customer Service (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Family owned
Cons: Difficult to advance
Wegmans is slightly more upscale than the average grocery store. Because of that, many who work there, especially the management, seem to have an annoying smugness that borders on arrogance. The company itself is highly regarded as one of the best grocery stores and best places to work in America, but, at least in my experience, that reputation is pretty much only deserved by the bigger, fancier stores in larger metro areas.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more

Wegmans Salaries