Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Very flexible work schedualing, mostly frienldy to work for
Culinary customer service/Full Time Cook II (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and promptly waiting on customers. Management how ever does not look out for it's employees and moving up in the company is very hard to do. Co-workers vary from those who are easy going and like able to just the opposite as is in any work place. For the most part however the environment is easy going and fun. The hardest part of our work day I would say is making every customer happy it's not always easy but we always made sure it happened. The most enjoyable part of the day would be interacting and making customers happy.
Pros
Very flexible work schedual and good benefits
Cons
Hard to work your way up the chain of command
I met some great people and I enjoyed talking about the product I was selling.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Cultish, Gossipy, Management was not very understanding about employees health problems, hours were inconsistent or changed without team members being made aware.
Pros
Benefits. Good pay and for the most part everyone was nice.
Cons
Sometimes you aren't given a lunch and you are not paid for lunch even if you dont get one, cult-like atmosphere, gossip and drama, some employees were consistently given "garbage work" when co-workers didn't want to do it, co-workers ignored customers, no formal training, and no discussions when we should've been having meetings about shipments, changes, etc.
Family oriented enviroment, great company
Customer Service Produce (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 27, 2015
I started at the break of dawn most mornings, pulling shrink and replenishing shelves with new product. Each employee had a particular zone of the produce floor they were responsible for maintaining through out the day. Freshness and quality were top priorities for the produce. Customer interaction was the bright point of the days duties. I learned an tremendous amount of product knowledge and how to apply that knowledge to preparing healthy meals. Management was the best I have experienced thus far. I didn't find any parts of my job particularly hard because I enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Benefits, Location
Cons
Very friendly staff and always a welcoming environment
Customer Service Representative /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDDecember 20, 2015
I learned a lot of core values working at Wegmans, it shows that people always be courteous to one another and have plenty of customer service skills. There was never a dull day, employees and management were always kind and concerned for our well being. A typical day at work included signing in and just doing your job while having some laughs with co-workers, and always talking to customers. It was very enjoyable each day, the hardest part would be getting the hang of training at first then everything is easy.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Decent First Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Wegmans is a good place to work while in high school and college as a way to raise money for college. The management team there is very nice but don't expect to just sit around and get paid they expect ,like any job, that once you punch in you are ready to work.
Pros
25 cents/hr Raises every 6 months and many more breaks than any other part time place around
Cons
hard to get hours if your a college student
Friendly working environment for all
Bakeshop Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2016
Wegmans is a fun and friendly workplace. I learned that teamwork helps to complete the biggest or smallest of tasks. You instantly make friends on the job. Hardest part of the job is shifts can be scattered depending on your PT/FT status. Enjoy making a difference to co-workers and customers.
Pros
PTO, benefits
Everything is awful except your close coworkers
Baker (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAOctober 9, 2015
Wegman's is said to be the #1 company in America... That may be true in other stores but Downingtown Wegman's is a mess. The benefits are great sure... if you qualify. Management is absolutely atrocious, they don't do any work but they'll spend all day gossiping with each other. If you aren't a manager then you are treated like trash and yes, managers have been known to purposefully sabotage employees and customers through neglect and poor ethics. Also they will cheat you out of pay that you're entitled to if you don't keep constant track of your hours and basically hold their hand until they pay you what you deserve. If you want to work for Wegman's it's a great start to any fulfilling career... Just don't go to Downingtown, Pennsylvania for a job there.
Great Benefits at Wegmans
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working at Wegmans. I have developed a strong rapport with several of my customers. The company offers great benefits for part time employees.
Cons
Job advancement is difficult.
Busy but Fulfilling Workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDOctober 24, 2015
In my position there's always a bit of short staffing, but the managers do their best to work within your availability so that you can properly balance work with the rest of your life. You could learn the typical busy and slow times during a typical work day/week in under a month as things are relatively predictable. There are frequent employee appreciation events, and interesting charity raffles, bake sales, and contests. The vast majority of my coworkers were wonderful people to work with, and management is pleasant to work with and does their best to listen.
Pros
Lots of employee appreciation, employee-only coupons, great benefits and pay
Cons
Some areas chronically understaffed
Family Owned Company
Coffee Shop Barista (Former Employee) –  Ocean, NJMarch 15, 2016
Its a good company to work for if you don't mind working every holiday, weekends, and willing to put a lot of time in to moving up.
Pros
benefits, nice customers, fun atmosphere
Cons
no set schedule, hard to manage work/personal life, new rules added each day
Fun family
Baker/ Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMarch 7, 2016
I really felt like a family working here. Wegman takes care of their employees. I wish there was one in TX I would still working with them.
Pros
great pay, clean, benefits
Growing Company
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAMarch 2, 2016
Wegmans provides great benefits. The co-workers are like family. The challenging part is getting the job done without proper staffing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor staffing
Productive place to work with fun people
Market COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 15, 2015
Wegmans is a great place to work, if you are looking to become a chef or any other career in food service. It is also a great place to start out as a part timer. You can be over looked in advancing your career, if you dont have a close realtionship with managenent. Overall I would reccomend anybody to apply at wegmans, just remember you have to work hard to move up.
Pros
401k, BENEFITS, SALARY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, SCHEDULING
Great coworkers Poor advancement Oppurtunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 2, 2016
Enjoyed working at wegmans. However when I decided to advance in my career with them after working almost 4 years with them I was told I could have the opportunity to advance. Little did I know that a week later I was told that management had change their minds and decided to give the postion to a less experienced person who had been there for only a year.
Pros
Scholorship
Cons
Lack of Respect from management
A typical day at work
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Germantown,MDOctober 12, 2015
I love working at wegmans because of the people and that is the only thing I enjoy is my time with my coworkers. I have worked in two departments and since we are understaffed they throw me around to both departments which I think personally is unfair to me.
Pros
raises every six months
Cons
understaffed, short breaks sometimes no breaks at all, no free food
Catering Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 17, 2015
Wegmans is a great company to work for that has great benefits. Great for part timers with flexible hours. If you are great at customer service, you will excel in almost any roll at Wegmans.
Great job for High school students
Cashier, Helping Hands and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 1, 2015
This is a great job for those in High School. The pay could be a bit better for certain jobs. Overall, its a great place with great people.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Compensation
Great opportunity for cross traing in different departments in prepared foods or other departments
Prep Chef /Catering/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDAugust 6, 2015
Wegmans offers good Job and Heath Benefits. One downside as part time employee I am no longer meeting 30 hr requirement for health coverage due to my schooling. Loosing coverage. Wegmans offers job security , not a lot of advancement. Store Manager, outstanding. Kitchen management does not meet my expectations.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Leadership in kitchen
Decent company to work for.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYNovember 24, 2015
Great company to work for when it comes to how fairly employees are treated. A tad hard to excel however, depending on what department you are in. Benefits could be better.
A great place to work with all the benefits involved.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2015
A typical day starts with punching in and getting involved in work right away. With so many things to do it can be stressful and things being ask done from the managers that it can be overwhelming. I am the kind of employee where I do not say no to any task so I am the guy that can do anything that is asked. I learned how to manage my time better with what tasks I can complete as well as teamwork. With out my fellow co workers, the job would be so much more stressful. The hardest part of the job is being able to manage your time enough to where you are able to leave in time. What I like most is the people. Not just my fellow co workers, but working with the public. I like being able to work with the public.
Pros
Free coupons, entitlement to a break, raises, opportunity
Cons
short staffed

4.3