Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,453 reviews matching the search
Fun but overly exhausting hours for those seeking an assistant manager position.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 15, 2017
I truly do like Wegmans and the people I work with, yet there is a disconnect between how upper management expects assistant managers to do their job. In a nut shell, those in an assistant manager position, are those that carry the departments on their back - picking up the slack incurred by regular employees and an upper management that just demands that things get done, without worrying that overly exhausted and frustrated levels are rising. Employees should be held accountable for their lack of performance, and the right employees should be hired for each individual department. Also, the pay does not match the work.
Pros
Great friendships will be made!
Cons
Assistant Managers are worked to a breaking point!
you meet so many different people and discover amazing food
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 14, 2017
amazing food along with amazing people. wegmans sells food from many different cultures. you try new things and love them. a nice friendly environment.
Pros
great food, nice people
Cons
not enough hours given
Good workplace one of the top employment places
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDAugust 14, 2017
Very good workplace to work for employers treat workers and customers with respect and fairly. I recommend this job as good place work one of the top employeers
Pros
always a lunch most of the time and breaks and good people
Cons
just very busy place
Outstanding place to both work and shop
Deli Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14622August 14, 2017
The company itself is amazing to work for, the are very family oriented and based of customer satisfaction. Working there u meet all sorts of new people, learn about different varities of food, and how to prepare handle and cook. Wegmans is all out an amazing company to work for!
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Hard to advance
Great company to work for.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 13, 2017
Managers are great to work with. Same with co-workers. Benefits are really good 401K plans and etc. Get free meals as awards for best customer service. Get a raise every six months then every year.
Pros
works with your scedual.
Cons
30 min brakes.
Safe environment and great coworkers
Customer service, cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 12, 2017
It was a great learning and growing experience for me. My coworkers and management team always had my back. They really thought me how to work as a team. I loved being introduced to all different cultures that Wegmans is well known for.
Pros
paid 15 minute break. Got paid time and a half on holidays.
Cons
open on holidays.
Productive and one of topm establishments to work for
Stocking/Customer Service/Dairy Department (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 7, 2017
Stocking groceries, learned team work and how to work effectively with no distractions.management taught me how to become a better employee, the work place culture is diverse, no har part of the job (Pretty simple)
interacting with the woman has got to be my most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Great place to work for #Thankful
Cons
None i can think of
never again
Overnight Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAAugust 7, 2017
i previously worked for wegmans doing this exact position. no support from upper management, and became very stressful. Once you are in an overnight position like this they do not like to let you advance because the overnight department is so hard to fill.
Pros
overtime, healthcare benefits
Cons
no setschedules, no upper management support
Where it starts as a job and ends as family
Old World Cheese Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAAugust 7, 2017
There is always something new to learn - and it is strongly encouraged! Can be political at times, but overall a strong sense of family. Nice balance of stressful holiday periods and slower-paced summer months.
Wonderful place
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 7, 2017
The management is extremely professional while maintaining a comfortable, personable approach to their employees. Extremely flexible in hours and scheduling. However, if you feel like you deserve a raise and work hard for it, they will NOT recognize it unless you harass them every week
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Overly competitive pay
Productive and can be fast paced
Cashier, Customer Service, Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 6, 2017
Not just an ordinary grocery store but a very fast paced and busy one. A great place to work and a great company to work for. Employees are beyond helpful when training and alway wiling to learn more.
i can't say enough about this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 6, 2017
This company changed my life. I learned so many skills from this opportunity. I highly recommend getting your foot in the door at any age. There is a lot of room for growth and opportunity in this company!
Great place to work.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work.. Management is always willing to listen to concerns of employees. Company is flexible and always open to new ideas. Employees can gain experience in many different departments.
Not bad
Cashier/ Food Server (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 5, 2017
I cashed for a little bit then I went to the kitchen. Cashing is cashing so you are on your feet a lot. The kitchen was no better. Very unorganized always understaffed. Managers cut hours so they can get a bonus. I went from working 28 hours one week to 10 the next. Customers were rude and very demanding.
chef, prep (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 5, 2017
Enjoyed working in different work sections and experiencing different ethnical food types. Also, enjoyed working with many other different Chef's from around the world.
The hardest part of the job
Produce Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 3, 2017
Managing a team of 30+ people but having little support from above when disciplining. Became quite stressful to manage with 'kid gloves' on with employees.
flexible schedule
Watercraft Steward (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYAugust 2, 2017
they have a flexible schedule and understanding managers. learned great customer service skills and also got a great work and life balance. some stores offer a lot of cross training opportunities
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service, Cashiering (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 2, 2017
A typical day was always busy and always fun with the right people in the kitchen department. Management was good for the most part, but ended up being the reason I left. The benefits were absolutely amazing. The hardest part about working there was, again, certain managers and not getting along very well. But the most enjoyable part was working with people I now consider very good friends. I also learned so much by working there for so long.
Pros
Benefits, wonderful hourly pay, environment, hours
Cons
Short staffed
A fun and easy place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NYAugust 2, 2017
This is a great place for a first time job or for summer work. They are very accommodating to your schedule and make you feel apart of the "Wegman's family." My co-workers were helpful and fun to work with. Some of the management team leaders are very nice, and some are nasty, but you always have that mix of people it seems.
Pros
401k, healthcare (full time only), good hours, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, no paid sick time, customers
Seriously best place to work.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 1, 2017
Honestly, worked there for 9 yrs and left to travel. This company is a family and genuinely cares about employees. You remember in school you had that teacher that throws random pizza parties. Wegmans is that, they give and give and give. You are rewarded for your efforts. You have to show you wanna grow, it took me 3 months to get hired from a temp agency. Then 1 year to move from selector to forklift, reach truck operator. Spending a year there I got a spot in Quality Assurance.
Now during my time Heath insurance amazing, 401k best around. If you get assigned a Sunday you are payed time and a half. You celebrate people's birthdays, I think we had a party on arbor day.
Place was great 6 stars
Pros
Too many to rant
Cons
I had zero

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3