Wegmans Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work at all.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Management is absolutely terrible. If you're a female there is no such thing as respect or fairness they favor the males the most. They give positions to people who do not deserve it. They all spite each other and other employees to get to the top. It really is the worse place to work.
Pros
Cons
Literally the whole store
Amazing Company
Cafe Manager (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Can't say enough great things about Wegmans as a company! Amazing how well they treat their employees, it has spoiled me! I had to leave for personal reasons, but they couldn't be more supportive. Highly recommend.
Pros
Cons
Retail customers can be difficult at times
Great Place for Security
Store Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14613January 9, 2018
Working at Wegmans you will find a great deal of security in your job. It can be very difficult to get fired as they allow people to make many many mistakes before giving them the boot.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 8, 2018
very fast paced. servicing a very diverse population of people. the hardest part of the job was when there were call outs. the most enjoyable part were the people i worked with.
The Best Job I've ever had
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 8, 2018
I was recognized for employee of the month, I was thought very highly of, treated with respect, I moved around working in many departments, advancement is for sure, multiple raises and people genuinely cared about me.
Great job great company
Customer Service Professional, Manager (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJanuary 6, 2018
It was a great company to work for. I worked there for 5 years. I had many positions. My favorite was the customer service desk because there was a lot of multi tasking jobs.
Overall a great company to work for
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 5, 2018
Wegmans is an amazing company to work for. My pay is good and the benefits are amazing. Their hiring practices fo store level management are occasionally questionable. I wouldn’t mind being offered store discounts as an employee, but there really isn’t much to complain about. If they had locations near where we are looking to move, I’d never leave the company.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
No store discounts, occasionally poor management choices
Good Benefit
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 4, 2018
they give good benefits, and promotion. It is a good place to work in, they support in house promotion and encourage it, and help you achieve your dream job.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
n/A
Fun part-time gig
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Town of Perinton, NYJanuary 4, 2018
I am a server/bartender at the Pub at Wegmans. Work part-time and looking for something more full time. Would like to advance in store, but would take a pay cut.
Not willing to advance
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Not willing to accommodate availability ..Not very professional. Or organized. Always short handed. I was hired for days and chef forced me to work nights.
Pros
Low wages
Cons
Slow paced at times
A manual labor intensive job with excellent pay
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 3, 2018
The entire Wegmans staff was as welcoming as can be, all making sure you felt like you were truly part of the Wegmans family. The team leaders, as well as the rest of the staff, were helpful and kind in any situation.
Fast paced job
Pharmacy Technician/Cashier/Subs/Carts (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Lots to do, and high standards to be met. Management is great at Wegmans and helped me learn a lot with my customer service skills. The job can be stressful at times as the store is high volume most of the time.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
little to no discounts, very strict rules
Busy busy busy
Wegmans Employee (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 2, 2018
Fast paced and respectful.
Every day is busy so your day goes by fast.
Good work is rewarded but not when it comes to salary. Unfortunately the salary bands do not match the hard work done by managers and supervisors.
Is it a top company to work for?...YES. Every person there is a great person.
Pros
respectful. fun. fast oaced
Cons
low salary for managers and superrvisors
Summary
Stock /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Wegmans was a great place to work. There was room for advancement and I felt like part of a team/family. I worked there for several years and still feel apart of the company.
Loved my bakery job
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 31, 2017
Made cakes a desserts So much fun. I received alot of experience in baked goods. Management is great. They treat all employees well. They train well.
Wegmans submaker
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MADecember 29, 2017
Working here was a good experience and the people there were extremely nice and the managers wouldn't do anything but help when ever i had a question.
Great first job
FRONT END CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2017
Best place to start working, i just never wanted to pursue any full time opportunities with them. I consistently was pressured into changing my availability to hours that i was unable to work
Pros
Environment, fast paced
Cons
customer service
Positive workplace with great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2017
I worked as a cashier but there is always options to advance to different roles. Wegmans is a great company that truly values its employees and customers so the atmosphere is always positive. There are a lot of benefits to working for this company.
Pros
often time free food, incentive programs
The hours werent the best and sometimes being under staffed got stressful
Barista (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PADecember 28, 2017
Hours were not great, going in at 5:30 in the morning and when under staffed it could get stressful. It was nicer with extra help. For the most part, people were nice.
Nice part time job
Part Time Baker (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYDecember 28, 2017
Work was a bit mindless and unproductive but benefited the company as a whole. Employees are friendly, however, they don't compensate for part-time employee requests often. You really have to beg to change departments or implement any kind of change in their inflexible system. Overall workplace culture is safe and comfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2