Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,185 reviews matching the search
Healthy, safe work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MADecember 12, 2016
Relatively fast paced, and organized workplace. Management was polite and knowledgeable. Opportunities for promotion and assistance with furthering education.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
Impersonal
Productive, and fast paced environment
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 18, 2016
A great company to work for. Nice benefits, flexible schedule and advancement to grow. Will hire a dedicated individual with the right attitude and professionalism.
Pros
Tutiion reimbursement, T-pass program, advancement for growth
Cons
Only provide tops
A place where you can learn many skills and become a better employ
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 24, 2016
Good place to work, Benefits are good, Workload extremely difficult. Management is very understanding and they do they're best to help you.
You will learn how to handle different situations depending on what department you are assigned to.
In conclusion wegmans is one of the best companies you could work for
Pros
good pay and nice work environment
Great place to work, great people
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Wegmans is a great place to work, many opportunities for advancement, they typically give you a raise every 6 months, and there are a lot of good benefits
A good company to work for
Sushi Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 1, 2016
Wegmans is a great place to work. Management is really understanding and co-workers are fun and devoted. A typical day is pretty routine and the work is rewarding in regards to customer service. I have gotten great experience with customer service working here.
Pros
Benefits, Flexiblity with Days Off
Cons
Variable Schedules
Fast paced work environment with great coworkers and managment
Sub Shop Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2016
Good place to work while was in school which helped made me learn great time management while making me a better in customer service.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, great customers
Cons
standing all day on my feet, heavy lifting, a lot of bending down
On eof the best companies to work for
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to work, great benefits, the culture is very nurturing the customers are great as well.
Focused on empowerment and respect, very low turn over.
Review
Overnight Cook III (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 26, 2016
I've worked here for two years now. Cross trained and moved around to different departments fairly quickly. Absolutely loved working here and a part time employee and would recommend! However, I would never recommend my current position as the only overnight production cook to anyone without much more culinary/kitchen experience than I currently have.
Pros
Health benefits, pay rate
Cons
Overnight, favoritism
Good benefits, not great managment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 6, 2017
Wegmans is a great company. They have plenty of benefits. But the management was not flexible with hours. Very busy place
great company to work for
Front end Customer service (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAFebruary 13, 2017
overall great company to work for . They have a flexible work environment and have great benefits for health insurance. They provide scholarships for college bound HS students and provide a lot of training.

Want to know more about Wegmans?

Ask a question
Great Company With Great Benefits
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401June 15, 2016
The company overall is great. It's a family owned business that has a cult following. The only unfortunate thing is how management handles certain aspects. The company is set up as the customer is not always right. The company itself is based upon the setting of employees. Their main teaching was that the employees are always first. In this case, the company does very well in holding to that. The only ones that do not uphold that status anymore is management. We have a high turnover rate with little to no help now. The company used to be very difficult to get into with employees staying years within the company.
Benefits
A Dream Come True
Helping Hands Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJJuly 6, 2016
When I started working for the first time, I always put applications in to Wegmans every six months hoping they would take a chance on just another kid with youth and drive. After ten attempts and three separate interviews that seemed to lead nowhere, I got a chance only a month after obtaining my college degree. It came at an amazingly convenient time, as my then-employer was filing for bankruptcy and in negotiations to sell off stores. I jumped at the chance and after one full month of checks and interviews, I flew through orientation and started working at Wegmans. They worked me to the bone, and I loved it. The management were leagues beyond my wildest dreams with how supportive and encouraging they were, and my coworkers were courteous and respectful. I encourage anyone reading this to grab a hold of this company and never let go of it.
Pros
Do you like working? Hours are aplenty because the store is insanely popular.
Cons
Breaks seem to go by too quickly, the process to receive part-time medical benefits is a long-winded process, and if you resign without perfect notice you run the risk of being blacklisted
Great place to work and place to grow.
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYOctober 12, 2016
Employees are treated very well. Coworkers are friendly and make you feel like family. Management works with you and benefits are better than most. Great pace to work.
Pros
Employee appreciation and workable scheduling
Cons
Corporate
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2016
Cashiering is definitely a job where patience is required, but overall it is not a bad job. They make it fun during fund raisers and the incentives are nice (if you win power hours).
Busy, fast-paced workplace
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 6, 2016
This is a very busy and fast-paced workplace. This jobs pays well and offers employees many benefits. Management is helpful and co workers are friendly.
Productive work environment, full of hard workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 26, 2016
A typical day as a Wegmans Cashier includes but is not limited to dealing with all sorts of customers, counting money, being honest and trustworthy, and standing for 4-5 hours during your shift before/after breaks. As a wegmans employee I have learned to be patient and caring for the costumer because they are what makes the business successful. The management at Wegmans is great, always friendly but also make sure you know everything you need to know in order to be a successful employee. The co-workers i work with at Wegmans are always looking for ways to help others improve and they are very flexible. The hardest part of the job would be just standing for 5 hours at a time with no break, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be satisfying all of the costumers and doing that while be quick and efficent,
Pros
Nice benefits, chance for growth.
Cons
long work period between a break, dealing with costumers who arent happy.
Somewhat disappointing over the years
Employee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14207November 26, 2016
As the years pass, Wegmans seems to be less of a great place to work. When I was there, it was difficult to get a fulltime position and compensation was not great.
Wegmans is great
Cashier/Customer Service, Produce (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 14, 2016
Wegmans was one of the best companies I have worked for. Even though there is not a lot of full timers in every store the part timers really make the business thrive. I was one of those part timers who was devoted, even if I had to work 7 days in a row because I loved the environment. I loved seeing customers smile
Pros
Luncheons, Wegmans softball&kickball teams
Cons
No benefits for part timers and not enough full timers
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 10, 2016
Very friendly environment. The start everyone of at at least ten dollars plus if you work full time you get great benefits. I would recommend it to everyone
Benefits
Cons
Higher chefs dont actually work with you
Good place to work, but needs improvement
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PASeptember 16, 2016
Wegmans is a good place to work; good benefits, and the people you work with make the day better. On the negative side, a lot of the customers are rude to the point of disrespectful, and the managers tend to have favorites.
Pros
Free lunch for birthday
Cons
Short breaks, employees opinions not considered