Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company With Great Benefits
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401June 15, 2016
The company overall is great. It's a family owned business that has a cult following. The only unfortunate thing is how management handles certain aspects. The company is set up as the customer is not always right. The company itself is based upon the setting of employees. Their main teaching was that the employees are always first. In this case, the company does very well in holding to that. The only ones that do not uphold that status anymore is management. We have a high turnover rate with little to no help now. The company used to be very difficult to get into with employees staying years within the company.
Benefits
Good place for Retail
Bulk Foods Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAJune 14, 2016
Managers treat employees pretty well and company will give you food for long meetings or as a thank you after rough seasons like holidays.
Pros
good pay, free food
Cons
customers are spoiled
always happy environment
Cashier/ Dairy Stock (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJune 11, 2016
while my time working at wegmans was only 1 1/2 years in that time i experienced amazing co-worker relationships there was always some sort of type of management to go to for any issues regarding work. All the employees were very out going and always welcoming , they saw the strive to move forward and up the chain to better your career . Wegmans for me was an amazing job i would recommend to anyone in the job search area
All about the politics
Over night (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2016
It is not what every one says it is it is a bad place to work unless you are a sick up or know people they throw you to the wolves and expect you to know what you are doing
Great place to work and to grow
Bulk Foods Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 10, 2016
Working at Wegmans has been a wonderful experience overall for my career. This opportunity has taught me how to manage my bulk foods department as my own individual business. With the mindset of running my department as my own personal business I had to learn to manage my people, my sales, and advance my business. One of the things that I enjoy the most is the interaction with the customers and my coworkers. Wegmans has a great family atmosphere that promotes working together to provide great customer service. The hardest part of my job is cleaning up after customers that constantly mess up the department and have no regard for keeping things in clean and orderly. When customers are negligent then it causes waste of good food and in turn waste of money. I believe Wegmans does a great job at training and preparing it's workers at being prepared for their job and ready to take on the responsibilities that are assigned to them.
Pros
Great family environment, great employees, company that trains and prepares you to be successful at your job.
Cons
customers that don't respect your department or products and waste things unecessarily
Would have been great place to start a career if I had been younger
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYJune 8, 2016
Enjoyed working at Wegmans co-workers were great, work schedules were terrible. Last minute changes to schedule with no regard given to family life
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work schedules and missied all family events while working there
A pleasant workplace, very flexible.
Cashier/Personal Shopper/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 7, 2016
Wegmans is an excellent company to work for. The employees are a joy to work with. There are a lot of benefits for full time employees.
Good 1st Time or part time extra job.
Overnight Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 7, 2016
As a part timer, sometimes you reach close to full-time hrs
Typical day is pretty easy, the only hard things are if you can handle overnight, and the 1st thing you do is unload the pallets which is physically demanding. As with any job you're going to have managers and co-workers you do and don't get along with. Most enjoyable part of the job though is the co-workers you do like. Stocking is hit or miss you like it or you don't, but it's pretty easy if your good at prioritizing.
Pros
Basic benefits, Co-Workers, Events
Cons
Physically demanding, Overnight, Schedule(Sometimes)
Great Place to Work!
BAKERY CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 7, 2016
Wegmans is a great place to work for people of all ages. They take great care of their employees and I really enjoyed my time there.
Not as great as you hear
staff (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 6, 2016
Wegmans is good at making the Wegmans rich but you are told not to talk about compensation. I can understand why, it is embarrassing low. All the hype you hear about Wegmans was maybe true in the past, it is no longer true. Wegmans have the this reputation as being royalty but their ego is very boring.
Good place for work.
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 5, 2016
I love this store! very well organized!
I learned a lot helpful things
This is a dangerously good place.
Efficient and always so clean.
A great company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 3, 2016
My day always begin with a greeting of "Hello Everyone". I learned several different ways in preparing quick and easy meals for our customers. It was like a true family atmosphere working there. Wegmans made you feel like part of a great team. That is what it's all about, treating your co-workers with respect and like family. I felt great about going to work everyday.
Very High Standards
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 2, 2016
As a front end coordinator, I had to make sure that lines were not to long and customers where not being in line for long and also take care of break and any problems cashiers my have had.
Pros
breaks
Cons
management did not work with their staff
Ok place to work for. Very stressful. Management didn't care enough about my needs and I was constantly on the verge of a panic attack.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work was ringing out customers in the café or the front end. The front end was non-stop. I felt that it was slave labor. I learned to stand up for myself and tell them look I can't handle it anymore. I told them either they would have to keep me in the café, switch me to another department or I would have to quit. I felt that certain managers did not care enough about my needs. They knew I have really bad anxiety and they didn't care and wouldn't work with me. My co-workers were really good towards me. The hardest part of the job was the non-stop slaving on the front end. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the café at first because it's not as crazy.
Pros
Coworkers were nice. Got to try different things.
Cons
Managment didn't care enough, slaving on the front end, sometimes rude customers
All in all a good company
Breakfast Associate (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 2, 2016
Management could use some work but the culture,customers,and co workers are very worthwhile.You do have great days there and not so many bad days
Great work environment and friendly management
Incredible Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 30, 2016
Wegmans is a great company to work for they are very flexible, employee focused, and customer friendly work place. Wegmans cares about its employees it not like these companies who are only looking at the money they can make.
Productive and encouraging environment
Prep Cook/Cook III (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 28, 2016
My time spent working for this company was fun and interesting. I learned a lot whilst working there. The benefits were mainly for full-time employees, there were a few benefits for part-time employees. The managers were as friendly as they were driven, which needless to say they were well driven. The co-workers were also very friendly.
Pros
frequent events offering food
Cons
Highly disapproved of smoking
Productive work environment, full of hard workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 26, 2016
A typical day as a Wegmans Cashier includes but is not limited to dealing with all sorts of customers, counting money, being honest and trustworthy, and standing for 4-5 hours during your shift before/after breaks. As a wegmans employee I have learned to be patient and caring for the costumer because they are what makes the business successful. The management at Wegmans is great, always friendly but also make sure you know everything you need to know in order to be a successful employee. The co-workers i work with at Wegmans are always looking for ways to help others improve and they are very flexible. The hardest part of the job would be just standing for 5 hours at a time with no break, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be satisfying all of the costumers and doing that while be quick and efficent,
Pros
Nice benefits, chance for growth.
Cons
long work period between a break, dealing with costumers who arent happy.
Family Oriented
Deli Employee (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYMay 26, 2016
Wegmans made customers and employees alike feel like family and feel appreciated. It was a great work environment. Employees also got great benefits, one being insurance. And they cared about their employees health and needs.
Flexible Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 25, 2016
Wegmans has taught me how to deal with difficult customers and how to provide the customers with great customer service. Because of Wegmans, great customer service is something I strongly stand upon. The most enjoyable part of this job was making connections with many different people and learning new things everyday.

4.3