Wegmans Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  1056 E Lancaster Ave, Downingtown, PA 19335October 25, 2017
Management is nice, pretty much everyone is professional not as much freedom with music but consistent breaks and everyone makes sure your happy its a really good job for someone who enjoys food service
Extremely good company to employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYOctober 24, 2017
Sign in and proceed to do scheduled tasks at hand,
Learned a lot about good customer service.
Management was very good to employees even when correcting them. Hardest part of the day would be a rude customer or dealing with under staffed rush. Enjoyable part of the day would having a customer walk out with a smile.
Pros
Flexible hours and great management.
Cons
No full time
Fun work enviroment
Produce Stocker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2017
I have learned to manage my time better. I enjoyed working there and it was a great first job experience. The place offered great benegits. There were lots of good discounts. Such a great place to work.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Extended breaks
Overall good place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYOctober 22, 2017
I did enjoy working there and being a part of their team. it was difficult come days of course, and some of the customers are very impatient with the new cashiers.
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Cons
annoying customers
fun workplace
Cashier, Customer Service, Cook (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYOctober 22, 2017
Wegmans is a great company to work for. I enjoyed working for the company being a cook. The management helps you reach your goals and they are very flexible with your schedule. They have part time and full time available to work and the benefits are great
Pros
flexible shifts benefits
Cons
n/a
Best retail job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 21, 2017
I enjoyed workng at wegmans very much. The schedules were perfect and my coworkers worked hard and well with me to deliver great customer service at the front end.
Best company ever
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 21, 2017
They are rated the top 5 companies to work, which I absolutely agree with. Well oiled machine, a lot of caring for employees in every aspect of the business.
Awesome
Produce Associate/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 21, 2017
It was a good place to work. The hours are very flexible. Wegmans always does an employee appreciation day once a month which is very awesome. The hardest part is just when it gets very busy.
Pros
good pay
Cons
early mornings
Excellent company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 20, 2017
Great place to work. Loved the interaction with everyone from customers to employees. Wish I would of stayed. Great benefits and the pay was great. First job and stayed for over a decade.
Productive and fun workplace
Full-time Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAOctober 19, 2017
Fast-paced environment all around. Constant room for development. Management really does care about all of their employees. The hardest part of the job is trying to separate your feelings from your job performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to help so many people and create so many amazing relationships with employees and customers.
Great place to work at w/ friendly people
Helping Hands (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work at, managers are super friendly and almost every month there's an employee appreciation event. Tons of benefits,especially if you're full-time.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff
Cons
Some departments are short staffed
Wonderful ethics, great people, high standards that I appreciate
Prepared Foods Department Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 19, 2017
Stress levels are variable. Predictable requirements per shift helpful. Hardest part of the job for me was the amount of time on my feet. Best part of the job was feeling cared for and listened to as a member of the employee community
Pros
supportive benefits, good training
Cons
higher turnover than expected
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2017
This is one of the best places to work in the entire world. Staff and employees always happy. The place runs like a machine and you are always an important part of that machine. Love this place!
exposure to public, fun, friendly, exciting, fast phase
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAOctober 17, 2017
Wegmans culture is customer service and health and safety to both employees and customers driven. Management are helpful and approachable. With the fast phase work environment it's exciting to experience various situation. Smile is contagious. Wegmans pride with healthy choice of food for your body is well received.
Pros
healthy food available
Cons
too much food to chooce
Fast-paced with little room to grow
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 17, 2017
Unless you're good at sucking up to other people, you'll have a hard time moving beyond whatever position you were initially hired for. Though Wegmans touts itself as being a company where anyone can move from department to department, you have to know the right people and be very persistent in order to move around the company. The customers on the Front End aren't too bad, but the ones that are bad are unbearable. Management works with you when you have a rough time with a customer but for the most part there are times when you feel like you're out there on your own. FE is the hardest department by far, almost always understaffed, never giving you weekends off or making you open your availability. Overall it is not a bad retail environment but it can be very taxing. Befriend your coworkers, grow a thick skin, and it won't be too painful.
Pros
great store, nice coworkers
Cons
short breaks, shifts are tiring, often understaffed, lack of morale in FE department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 17, 2017
You work with good people. You do spend a lot of your money for your food on breaks or notice new things that other people are buying and spend your money on that too.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great to start out, but aweful for a career.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 17, 2017
This is a great place for teenagers to get their first job. Unfortunately, management is lacking in education and training in higher positions. As you move up, more responsibilities are given like any company. However, no pay increases come with promotions. There are many teenagers getting paid more than their managers or coordinators. More responsibility should be compensated with higher paid or other benefits. These decisions are generally made at district level presumably to save money, although I do not know for sure. I do know new markets and districts that do less business than Rochester have more allocated opportunity hours. Along with no pay increases, they have been not filling positions as people leave. It has gotten to a point where our service is not nearly as good as it should be. We pride ourselves in great customer service, but we are so understaffed and undertrained that we can no longer provide this service. It is extremely hard when you want to do your best, but you are not given the tools to do so. That being said, I feel my voice is generally heard in a respectful manner. In terms of experience, I have gained a lot and have moved up to many different responsibilities and have even been allowed to create new tasks to better the store. In general, most people are very nice and easy to work with. Overall, a great place for part time jobs, but not a great place for a career. I have no experience with corporate jobs however which tend to be very different in work culture.
Pros
Treated well, great to part timers, can move up quickly
Cons
No fair pay, corporate culture, cutbacks
Good place to work, not great compensation.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYOctober 16, 2017
As much as I enjoy the environment, and the ability to change your position the compensation isn't always great. As a full timer you are required to work most holidays, and both Saturday and Sunday for the most part. I loved the people I worked with and for at the store level, but upper management can be out of touch.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor compensation
Family friendly and career oreinted place to work, grow and develop
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of ensuring the department was operating efficiently; this encompassed scheduling, ordering products, conducting inventory, rendering excellent customer service as well as attending to customer concerns or complaints. Throughout my career, I have learned that customer service is the key to the longevity and survival of a business. The workplace culture is welcoming, professional and family friendly. The hardest part of my job was learning the process of maintaining inventories when having to transfer items from different departments. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to prepare various dishes in the prepared foods section at one of our flagship stores.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working most weekends
Flexible scheduling
Leadership (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 14, 2017
Scheduling is flexible and management is willing to work with employees when things come up. Benefits are offered at competitive packages as well as 401k with company matching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3