Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 10, 2014
Typical day at work: Scanning and bagging small to large amounts of grocery orders; bending, standing, and turning for hours

What you learned: Always state your sorry when a customer is upset on their shopping experience. Help assist them to locate what they need to make them feel better

Management: Treated employees with utmost respect

Co-workers: – more... Friendly and courteous to one another

Hardest part of the job: The layout at the register was hard to move around while bagging

Most enjoyable part of the job: Met many many people – less
Fast pace but great place!
Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: no hours, only in the summer
This was my very first job, as 15 year old...what can you expect? Wegmans give young kids great opportunities.
Wonderful place to work!!
Customer Service/ Other (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, lots of flexibility with time off and scheduling, great place for a college student or high school student.
Cons: no discount on food for lunches, few advancement and full time opportunities
The biggest problem with Wegmans is there is little room for advancement. The full timers pretty much stay till they die (GREAT COMPANY CANT BLAME THEM) and so full time positions rarely open up. When they do half the store applies to them. Other than that this is a great company particularily for high school kids. I started when I was 15 and left when – more... i was 21. they pay very well for a grocery store chain and offer good benefits even for part timers.

They offer no discount on food though. They have a great prepared food section but offer no discounts to employees, so while your eating your tuna sandwich from home (keep in mind you still bought the ingredients from Wegmans) your watching everyone around you scarf down some delicious 10 dollar concoction. Since part of your paycheck goes back to them for lunches they should at least offer a discount. – less
Great Place to Be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free treats/lunches, very flexible scheduling
They are fantastic in all facets of the workplace environment. The employees are helpful and happy, management is understanding and personable.

Overall, great place to call your employer.
good first job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJDecember 27, 2013
co-workers were the best. Food is Fantastic! Highly recommended
Good work place
Wegmans Food Markets (Former Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 23, 2013
Pros: i loved working with others.
Cons: i had a tough time with time management.
I would get to work and cut the meat, set the case, work on the floor so it looks presentable for customers and I would help stock inventory in our back room. I would also clean up at night when we would close.
Customer Service(OWC) (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 17, 2013
Pros: streching brakes
Cons: not enough area to put excess product away at a confortable level and extra help.
Very physical ,satisfying and fasted paced. Loved it.
Learn somthing new everyday.
Great Managers, very heplful in every way.
Great co-workers that are a joy to be around.
Hardest part is not having enough time in a day or help to get everything done.
Most Enjoyable were the people.
Team member
Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VADecember 11, 2013
This was a very great job to start out at. The team was great and everyone was friendly at all times.
Wegmans is a fun and rewarding place to work.
Cashier/Deli (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible time-off, convenient location, friendly, regular raises
Cons: scheduling is tough to change, income cap limits
• A typical day at work is evaluating what needs to be done within the first few moments I walk in the door, then setting out in doing those objectives in a timely manner and making sure all present staff is on board and in agreement. All the while customers are the first priority, so all background duties (cleaning/production/stocking) have to be done – more... in between helping customers.
• I've learned how to multi-task, work effectively with others, listen to customers to help them the best way that I can, know the products thoroughly and use that knowledge to inform customers, manage my time, and to maintain a friendly demeanor.
• management at Wegmans is thorough, they normally have very specific standards and are very communicative. They also make sure that you feel heard and that they're there to help.
• My co-workers are very diverse in background, which makes for an exciting workplace. I've been there for some time now and have grown great working relationships with many of them that allows us to work very productively together
• The hardest part of the job is how surprisingly fast-paced and demanding it can be. It's very physical, which I enjoy to some extent.
• The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of making sure each customer is taken care of and is pleased with their experience. – less
nice place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDDecember 8, 2013
Pros: very understanding management
Cons: no employee discounts
very family oriented, I do not have much to say. no matter what the situation is they will work with you.
Great Company
Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, VADecember 4, 2013
Pros: great people and good pay
This was my first job. If you're looking for a structured company with advancement in any of it's departments, then this is the job for you. Best for students.
Excellent learning experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2013
A typical day as a pharmacy technician is always a busy one. There's always room for learning, improving and challenging yourself. I have learned many things such as; problem solving, multitasking, data entry, along with managing inventory. My customer service skills expand widely every day, as I learn better and more effective ways for customers to – more... be satisfied in the most efficient and effected manor. The management at Wegmans pharmacy is amazing and so are my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is also the best part of my job, problem solving. There is such a variety of problems that come up in every day activities that need to be resolved (insurance, inventory, customers unsatisfied or not understanding producers that we have to follow,etc.). – less
fast and slow paced, constant moving
Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester NY 14608November 26, 2013
Pros: discount on lunches.
Cons: no overtime, pay and no benefits
Cashier.bagged customers groceries neatly at a timely pace while providing customer service by answering any questions they may have.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Front End (Current Employee), Penfield, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: discounted items
Wegmans is an upbeat and positive place to work, very busy most of the time and customer service is the number one focus. Management is very compassionate and helpful. I love my co-workers and we all work together as a team.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great food, nice atmosphere
Cons: need better health care for part timers
A typical day can be laid back and also very hectic.
I have learned to rely on both co-workers and myself.
Management is very resourceful.
Co-workers are helpful.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic customers.
Most enjoyable part of job is when job duties are accomplished.
easy going fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2013
the customers, employers and co-workers were very friendly and helpful
One of the best companies to work for
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee), Penfield, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, flexible hours/schedule, delicious food, great learning opportunities
I have grown up with Wegmans my whole life. The store is one of the top grocery stores in the country, yet, it is only in select states.To work there has been one of the best experiences of my life. The work atmosphere and culture is so unique, you can not find it anywhere else. We as employees put our customers first 100% of the time, and we do it – more... with great sincerity. The company itself looks out for their employees as well, and helps us with company benefits and resources to help their employees to advance within the store and their life in the upmost positive way.

My managers are the best people to look up to and go to with any questions or comments. They are always there to listen and to help, and make work that much more enjoyable.

Through working at Wegmans, I've learned leadership skills, customer service skills, and a lot more about the business at hand. Working as a cashier, I have a first hand experience with customer service, helping out and conversing with customers, and working with employees all around me. As a cafe cashier I learned more about the operating system of the register, and am surrounded by other departments that I get to learn more about the store that way.

I just started working in the Seafood Department and it is a whole new field. I went from just dealing with customers, to learning a lot about fish, the ocean, different cooking techniques, how to cook the fish, the differences between the fish, and learn about just another awesome part of the company. Both my manager and team leader are very passionate and informative about the seafood department and they try to teach me as much as possible within a days work.

The fact that the whole store has become my family is the best thing ever. I look forward to work everyday. It's a place where I can have fun and work at the same time. It's a relaxed atmosphere and helping out the customers gives me great satisfaction. At the end of the day I know that I work with the best people at the best company ever introduced to this world. – less
This "Was" a GREAT place to work long, long ago
Obviously can not be mentioned (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great upper management - (but now retired)
Cons: underhanded handling of major issues.
The people who ran the company and earned their stripes from cart pushers to VPs were the best. They knew the business and knew how to treat people with dignity and respect. Somewhere along the line, middle management got power hungry and obviously had the constant needs to flex their muscles to attempt to posture themselves for any future promotions.

I – more... lost all respect for this company way back when major shortcomings should have been addressed but rather were handled by pushing things under the rug and paying people to just go away!. However as a privately owned company, that was easy to do and keep bad news out public knowledge. Wegmans is not what everyone thinks. It's too bad.... – less
Family owned/ Mangement
Customer Service (Former Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 4, 2013
Pros: family owned
Cons: under the table job
Hands on training in management in the operation of food services.
Fun, Productive, Opportunity for Advancement
Full-Time Service Team Leader (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 4, 2013
I really enjoy working for Wegmans. It has been and continues to be a great career choice. I have been given the tools necessary to improve myself, both professionally and personally.

Management is open and willing to help others.

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more