Wegmans

Wegmans Employee Reviews

Pleasant people and environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 25, 2015
The pharmacy is a fast paced department that has constant interactions with customers. Each day I switch consists of several different tasks such as entering prescription information into the system, filling prescription, and handing them to the customers. My time there has taught me how important it is to work hard and complete each task with care. The management and co-workers are great people that are more than willing to help anyone with a problem. I enjoy working in the pharmacy.
Productive and enpowering work
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJApril 25, 2015
Wegmans provides a lot of resources that allows its employees to excel and provide exceptional service to the customers and patients. It fosters a great culture to motivate great productivity and workflow to continuously improve the experience for both the employees and customers.
Retail with a smug sense of self-importance
Customer Service (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Family owned
Cons: Difficult to advance
Wegmans is slightly more upscale than the average grocery store. Because of that, many who work there, especially the management, seem to have an annoying smugness that borders on arrogance. The company itself is highly regarded as one of the best grocery stores and best places to work in America, but, at least in my experience, that reputation is pretty much only deserved by the bigger, fancier stores in larger metro areas.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Food Preparer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free 15 minute breaks
Cons: Management
Food Prep , Produce sales associate
Recommended and helped customers select merchandise based on their needs. Exchanged returned merchandise for customers quickly and efficiently. Confirmed that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems. Exercises sound judgment in issuing credits and making exceptions to customer policies to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. Informed customers about sales and promotions in a friendly and engaging manner.
Fast paced, friendly grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Northborough, MAApril 20, 2015
I loved my time working here. The fast paced environment made time fly by. I was also surrounded by great coworkers and friendly managers. They treat their employees extremely well. Customer service is their number one priority and it taught me a lot about people and respect.
Productive work environment
Part-Time Treasurer/Old World Cheese Artisan (Current Employee), New YorkApril 19, 2015
Pros: Rewards, family like environment
Cons: forced to cash when store is busy, even if you don't want to
Typical grocery store but, Wegmans definitely pushes more in excellence customer service, alot of hard work and very hard to move up unless you plan on being a "Lifer"
Fun work place
Barista (Current Employee), Virginia, VAApril 18, 2015
Wegmans is like no other grocery store. They make you feel like you're family and that you are important. Great place to start you first job.
Cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYApril 17, 2015
Completed customer sales through use of register with various payments of cash, credit, and food stamps.
Served various tasting stations throughout store communicating with costumers about information on displayed product.
Awesome place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Geneva, NyApril 16, 2015
Pros: Family atmosphere
Cons: Hard to become full time
I worked in many different departments starting at the register. Your co-workers become family. The most enjoyable part is knowing you helped a customer and gave exceptional customer service.
Great!
Accounting Assistant $10 per hr (Former Employee), Greece, NYApril 15, 2015
Fun place! Always had me going and on my toes and they liked me too. It made me a faster worker and a smarter one about what to do.
Nice place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brockport, NYApril 15, 2015
I enjoy my interaction with customers and co-workers. I try to make the best day I possibly can when working. My favorite customers are elderly and babies.
I enjoy seeing the new products we offer.
Very exciting, very busy, positive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: free cake and food, $6 meal coupons for great customer reviews, opportunites to grow(move up), scholarships, employee discounts to various places, employee car buying program, and many more!
Cons: favoritism, nit-picking, scrutiny, being under a magnifying glass.
Wegmans is a great company to work for, the management is very flexible with hours on the front end (cashiering). whenever there is a celebration for Wegmans being the NUMBER ONE at anything, cake is always involved. there are opportunities for growth but you must be hardworking, well-liked and favored, ON TIME, and have ZERO customer complaints. my advice to anyone is that if you want to move up from being as a cashier, be reliable, all things stated above and have a great availability and they DO monitor everything. DO NOT accept money from customers, try to get as many great customer reviews from as many people as possible. the performance of cashiers are monitored and they document EVERYTHING that you do from coming in when they need you to work to saying yes to work in another department for a few hours. do as much as you can to look good at wegmans and you will probably not be denied for moving up.
Work
Front End Cashier - Customer Service (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 11, 2015
I love it. its a great place to work. including the wegmans scholorship. i love it. i wish that i could stay there for ever. Work was alright
Fast paced and fun
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great Job
My daily routine would include walking around the store to ensure and problems were solved and to help the departments get whatever was needed daily to ensure their success.
A good way to get skills with the public
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: department mobility
Cons: short breaks
The work was pretty repetitive but that was largely because the job's task was only to ring people up. Not recommended for those that can't or don't want to work with the public
Great Company
Front End Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 6, 2015
Have worked at this company for almost six years. They are willing to work with you and make sure you are achieving the goals you set for yourself. Amazing work environment even on busy days.
It's an alright place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: management, co workers
This is a starter job, the manager for this particular job is an a**hole and I know this because I worked at this store for this exact position. They also play favorites. Met a lot of weird people working overnight. They're also very nosey and talk behind everybody's back. I found a better job and ended up leaving. If your a young minority male they will clock you and be on top of you. In one particular situation I had a team leader ask me what I was doing with my time and I had to let him know that I work all day so you need to focus on something else. There's also elder people who try to start stuff at work because they're lives are not interesting. Anyways I warn you do not work here. Terrible work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Downingtown, PAMarch 31, 2015
I was hired when I was 15 and was able to work up and into the pharmacy. I love working there. The worst part of the job is dealing with the customers.
A Very Welcoming Place
Part-time employment (Current Employee), Buffalo, New YorkMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Schedule Flexibility
Cons: Pay, Advancement
There is a reason why Wegmans is the 7th best place to work in the United States. They treat you like family, and they are very great at working around a busy schedule. However, advancement to a management position is very frustrating and hard to accomplish, as they will usually look outside the current store to fill the position, regardless of how well your resume stands out
Professional and welcoming place to work at!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 30, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
I'm a part-time cashier here at the Burlington Wegmans and I have to say that so far I like working here. I punch in, put my stuff in the lockers provided in the break room and then meet up with my team leader or manager on duty and they assign me to a register. Everyone here has been very helpful and nice so far, including my co-workers, team leaders and managers! I come into work and leave work without feeling overwhelmed or stressed. So far, the hardest part of my job is just dealing with the occasional difficult customers. Fun part is when they do random raffles or contests to win free prizes such as work shirts, extra breaks or free meals. It's pretty nice, they're definitely not your typical grocery store!

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more

Wegmans Salaries