Wegmans Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 22, 2015
Most busy time is between 10am - 4pm. As a cook, I have to prepare some of the buffet Asian Meals for the time Learn and experience working in a kitchen environment. Might not have break time sometimes due to busy workload.
Pros
A good place to learn.
Wegmans
Customer service/sales representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 18, 2015
Great company. I learned so much about the buisness aspect of this store. The Managers really do care about my future and want to see me succeed. If you work hard they take care of you.
Pros
bonus pay on holidays
Cons
busy during holidays
Great locally owned company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYNovember 17, 2015
Great life/work balance company to work at. Many growing opportunities for the younger generation. Fun and fast paced environment
Pros
fun inviroment
Cons
heavy lifting/on your feet all day
Deli
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 16, 2015
Starting position was as an assistant in the Pizza Department/Deli. In this position I was responsible for preparing the meals; taking orders; filling orders to customer satisfaction and requirements. I was responsible for handling the funds presented as payment, and dispersing the change back to the customer. My position also entailed answering phones, taking orders from outside customers, assuring for the accuracy of said orders. Preparing orders for pick up and providing customer services as required

I was only working there part time. I thought that I could do better with a full time position. I left a job I loved in order to better my position. This company was great and I would gladly return in a heartbeat.
Productive diverse work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 15, 2015
At Wegmans, employees are valued not only as a team but as individuals. Managements works to go above and beyond to be flexible and understanding. They continue to work with employees to help them grow. I also feel that I have grown as a person in a positive manner from Wegmans.
The management is the issue
Helping Hand (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 14, 2015
The workplace wouold be great if the managers were not horrible and childish. The pay was great but that became a prroblem
Fun but hard working environment
PRODUCE DEPARTMENT Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 14, 2015
Fast working environment to get jobs accomplished. Every employee is friendly and willing to work together. Lifting heavy boxes to built character. Dealing with customers to help me built confidence level.
Pros
Employees working together.
Cons
Long shifts
Great peopole to work with
Member of the Food Safety Team (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2015
Great place to work for, great people to work wit. Very flexible scheduling and they offer scholarships which are very helpful.
Fast paced, fun, work environment
Front End Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be unloading 5-7 pallets of fresh product and stocking those products onto shelves. Unloading the pallet usually took an hour. After the load was done, I would take inventory on the ground beef and what we sold on the previous day. I would grind fresh beef through the grinder hitting the numbers that we expected to sell that day. During the course of the day, a team of 5-6 employees would work together making dinners, pricing product and assisting any customers that needed help. It was a very productive environment and you felt accomplished knowing that all of the jobs were completed by the end of the day, making it an easier shopping experience for the customers.
I enjoyed Wegmans they really value their workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYOctober 30, 2015
Wegmans provided an enjoyable work environment. They provided positive feed back and rewarded people for a job well done. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Standng for to long
Busy but Fulfilling Workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDOctober 24, 2015
In my position there's always a bit of short staffing, but the managers do their best to work within your availability so that you can properly balance work with the rest of your life. You could learn the typical busy and slow times during a typical work day/week in under a month as things are relatively predictable. There are frequent employee appreciation events, and interesting charity raffles, bake sales, and contests. The vast majority of my coworkers were wonderful people to work with, and management is pleasant to work with and does their best to listen.
Pros
Lots of employee appreciation, employee-only coupons, great benefits and pay
Cons
Some areas chronically understaffed
The job was Enjoyable and Enlightening
Service Clerk, (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYOctober 22, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of attending the counter to serve customers, replenishing food sold from the various cases, cleaning/closing the department and finally guiding coworkers through the process. On this job i have learned great customer service, good teamwork skills, and the ability cope in a fast paced environment. Management in prepared foods were highly skilled and very efficient at running the department. At the same time they were personable and easy to talk to. Coworkers varied from being great to sub par but no coworkers ever interfered in my job performance. The hardest part of the job is when there is a lack of communication in the department which always means mistakes will be made. However the most enjoyable part of my job was getting customers to try new products and seeing how pleased they were when they enjoyed the new product.
Pros
Rewards for good work, Healthcare, Scholarship
Cons
Part-Time, pay just above minimum wage
great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work and to make a career if possible you get to meet new people customers are great and job for many opportunitys
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 21, 2015
Enjoyed interacting with the public and wonderful co-workers. Worked with me where my availability was concerned and gave hours that I was able to work.
productive and nice, diversity people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 20, 2015
Busy place to work as always and meet different people everyday. The company has a good management for employee and customers. Where all the supervisors and co-workers work as a team player. The job itself is easy job, but sometimes there is people as a customer who has their own issue. And there is a respect always for everyone, to make the job, and the place to be a second home for employee.
Pros
Free lunches on the appreciation day for all employees once a while
Cons
Good healthcare
its ok
grocery (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYOctober 19, 2015
its ok, certain people do get "targeted" witnessed from all sides multiple times!
Its not the place for everybody! Big store
Pros
my department
Cons
every other department, hard work, no freedom, intense supervision
daily life at wegmans
cashier/maintence (Current Employee) –  syracuse NyOctober 19, 2015
Wegmans is a very fast pace environment, many people come in and out all day whether its for one thing or a hundred. I'm usually on register which requires great customer service and attention. i am the last person they see and talk to before exiting the store, i make their experience great.
Pros
employee events
Beneficial experience
Service Desk and Cashier Trainer (Former Employee) –  651 Dick Road, Depew NYOctober 18, 2015
Worked as an assistant organizing charts and cleaning rooms. Helped me to grow as an employee and person for future endeavors.
PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK WITH FUN PEOPLE
Market COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 15, 2015
WEGMANS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK, IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BECOME A CHEF OR ANY OTHER CAREER IN FOOD SERVICE. IT IS ALSO A GREAT PLACE TO START OUT AS A PART TIMER. YOU CAN BE OVER LOOKED IN ADVANCING YOUR CAREER, IF YOU DONT HAVE A CLOSE REALTIONSHIP WITH MANAGENENT. OVERALL I WOULD RECCOMEND ANYBODY TO APPLY AT WEGMANS, JUST REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD TO MOVE UP.
Pros
401k, BENEFITS, SALARY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, SCHEDULING
Productive and fun place to work
I work cashier (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse New YorkOctober 13, 2015
I enjoy meeting all the diverse people that come to shop at Wegmans.I also enjoy working with other members of Wegmans because we all work as a team and team work is very important nowadays. I feel as if you get more done working in a team. It helps me grow as a person and i am able to utilize my communication skills, leadership skills, etc. at work. I learn and i grow more each day.

4.3