Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

Great place to work, Benefits, Chance for advancement, Great people to work with
Produce Manager, Assistant Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Corning, NY, Hornell NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere to work in, benefits, chance for advancement
Cons: working holidays
Learned everything about produce. How to store and use all fruits and vegetables. How to merchandize product and how to handle product. Learned how to control shrink. Most of the managers I worked for were outstanding. Same thing goes for co-workers most were outstanding. Hardest part of job working a lot of holidays. Making a customers day, also training associates watching them grow and get promoted. Also the chance for advancement.
Loved working at Wegmans. They are great!
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJanuary 31, 2015
The customers and people I worked with were great. You got to go work in other sections from time to time and learn different stuff. I went to Cheese dept., meat dept., prepared foods, deli, accounting, I stocked shelves especially the candy on the aisles by register. Benefits were good. At times it was hard work but satisifying when you helped the customer and they left satisfied.
Very Productive and Fast Pace, Friendly Enivorment
Cashier (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Stand up for long periods of time working on register, greeting customers and responding to any questions. Working at an steady fast-pace speed, getting lines down so there are no long period waits. Management and coworkers are all just like family and work together to accomplish job duties. The most enjoyable part about the job is making the customers day.
Good Place to work
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Chili, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Good place to work because there is a lot of job security. They are also very flexible and allow workers to take off time easily and change shifts easily. They take care of their workers.
You're always busy and at the end of the day you feel satisfied with what you accomplished.
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: extremely flexible availability
Cons: takes a while to move up in the company
A typical day at Wegmans is nonstop moving. You are always helping people out and constantly on your feet trying to find the next thing to do. I've learned patience and how to communicate with all different kinds of people.The management staff is constantly walking around and making sure everything is running smoothly and that by the end of the day everyone is satisfied. My fellow co-workers are always working their hardest and enjoying what they do on a daily basis. After working here for seven plus years the hardest part is trying to maintain a smooth transition for customers in the busiest Wegmans in Buffalo. I enjoy talking to new people everyday, it gives me an insight into different people's lives and I personally feel diversifies me a little more.
Slow Individual Advancement
Manager (Current Employee), NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits, quality training
Cons: busy during holidys, slow controlled growth
Wegmans focuses on the development and training of its people. This is both a blessing and a curse. Driven individuals are forced to wait for advancement opportunities but the workforce is very knowledgeable and experienced. Many employees begin working with the company in their teens and remain with the company to retirement.
Great Enthusiastic place to work.
Caterer (Current Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I learned so much while working at Wegmans. They treat their employees great and offer great opportunities. I was able to learn a little about each department while during my time. In the catering department we were able to give our customers great parties at a exceptional price.
Wegmans is a great place to work and shop!
Part-Time Customer Service (Former Employee), Abingdon, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Wegmans is not only a grocery store with a pharmacy, but it is a place to spend the day with your family, hang out with your friends, have a great meal all while you shop for groceries. It is amazing and for it being my first job I am extremely happy with my experience there.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of cashing guests out quickly, competitions on work performance, coworkers were fun and so was management.
Productive Workplace
Retail Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brockport, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch on occasion
Cons: not many benefits for part timers
A typical day at Wegmans for me is to take product from the back freezer and distribute it onto the necessary shelves on the sales floor freezers. Along with doing that I am responsible for helping customers with questions and answering them to the best of my ability. During my time at Wegmans I learned how to professionally talk with both customers and my co-workers. Working for Wegmans has also taught me how to be self motivated as well as be very good at managing my time accordingly. Management at Wegmans is not necessarily the greatest, there is a lot of power hungry managers that are trying to just move up the Wegmans management chain without much regard for their employers such as myself. My co-workers are just the opposite of that, they are very helpful when I am in need of assistants whether it is with a question that I am not sure on how to answer or my co-workers taking the time to help me lift something in the backroom. The hardest part of my job is having to tell customers that we no longer carry a certain product that they are looking for, some customers are okay with the answers but others get very upset and I need to try and calm them down to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the people that I work with, they are very helpful, easy to talk to and very outgoing which make working at Wegmans enjoyable
Top 100 of the best places to work in the country
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Fayetteville NYJanuary 13, 2015
Overseeing day to day operations.
I learned most about the importance of mentoring and training.
All levels of management treated everyone with respect.
Managing the people was the most challenging and rewarding part of the job.
fast pace workplace
Front in Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Working here taught me to keep an open mind and never judge a person or situation. Co-workers were friendly and management helpful
exelent
warehouse (Former Employee), rochesterJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
I want work in this company, it's a most.!!! A new experience of work, it's a nice place to work.!!
customer service based
Cashier (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYJanuary 9, 2015
customer is always right, customer service, cash management, register
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate, Stamped and coded dates (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Penny curtiss, great place, The hours could sometimes get crazy, sometimes 70 hour work weeks. The Pay and people that work there were great. Benefits and management were always available. Penn traffic closed its doors though, but a super job.
Excellent opportunity to hone another skill set and work with a great team
5-S Coordinator (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: a great team environment
Everyday was a learning experience and also a teaching experience. I enjoy teaching and mentoring other employees do help their development and give them the opportunity to achieve and succeed. Worked with an excellent management staff who also pushed for development of others and gave opportunities for employees to learn new procedures and teachings daily.
productive and fast paced environment
Cashier Part-Time Customer Service (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PADecember 30, 2014
Pros: sincere and caring employees
Cons: short breaks
Wegmans is a great first job. Excellent training was provided, along with continuous recognition for a job well done. Normally, as a fast paced environment, time moved fairly fast.
Great Place to work
Baker, customer service (Former Employee), Ocean, NJDecember 29, 2014
Pros: 401k, health insurance, pleasant environmment
Cons: short lunch breaks and some favoritism when it comes to promoting people
This was one of the best places I have ever worked. They really do take good care of there employees and treat everyone that works for them so well. I hope other businesses can learn from there example and realize that if you treat your employees well they will work harder for you in the long run.
Fast paced work with a well developed management team.
Cashier (Current Employee), Depew, New YorkDecember 21, 2014
Most often while at Wegmans I can be found as a cashier on the front end of the store. I handle large amounts of credit, cash and check transactions while using Wegmans' G.R.E.A.T. customer service method. I have learned the importance of time management as well as customer interaction.
The most difficult part of this job was the inflexibility throughout the shifts.
The most enjoyable part about this job was the family-style atmosphere that Wegmans' provides to it's workers.
Healthy Work Environment
Part-time Associate (Current Employee), Northborough, MADecember 20, 2014
Pros: time-and-a-half on sundays
Cons: no discounts, expensive lunch
-Memorized restaurant orders and performed food preparation.
-Responsible for operational efficiency and creating a relaxed environment where food service delivery to costumers is taking place.
-Leading in maintaining high levels of hygiene and enforcing strict compliance with all health and safety legislation.
-Advising customers on menu choices.
-Costumer Service associate on several departments including: Submarine Shop, Pizza Shop, Chef’s Case and Helping Hands.
-Loading and unloading company merchandise.

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more

Wegmans Salaries