Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Best Place I've worked so far
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAFebruary 5, 2016
- fast paced, but usually not stressful
- was my first job, so I learned almost everything I know about customer service
- management changed a lot over the years I worked there, not always for the best
- hardest part was standing for hours
- most enjoyable part was talking with customers
always happy environment
Cashier/ Dairy Stock (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJune 11, 2016
while my time working at wegmans was only 1 1/2 years in that time i experienced amazing co-worker relationships there was always some sort of type of management to go to for any issues regarding work. All the employees were very out going and always welcoming , they saw the strive to move forward and up the chain to better your career . Wegmans for me was an amazing job i would recommend to anyone in the job search area
Growing Company
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAMarch 2, 2016
Wegmans provides great benefits. The co-workers are like family. The challenging part is getting the job done without proper staffing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor staffing
Productive and encouraging environment
Prep Cook/Cook III (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 28, 2016
My time spent working for this company was fun and interesting. I learned a lot whilst working there. The benefits were mainly for full-time employees, there were a few benefits for part-time employees. The managers were as friendly as they were driven, which needless to say they were well driven. The co-workers were also very friendly.
Pros
frequent events offering food
Cons
Highly disapproved of smoking
The job was Enjoyable and Enlightening
Service Clerk, (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYOctober 22, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of attending the counter to serve customers, replenishing food sold from the various cases, cleaning/closing the department and finally guiding coworkers through the process. On this job i have learned great customer service, good teamwork skills, and the ability cope in a fast paced environment. Management in prepared foods were highly skilled and very efficient at running the department. At the same time they were personable and easy to talk to. Coworkers varied from being great to sub par but no coworkers ever interfered in my job performance. The hardest part of the job is when there is a lack of communication in the department which always means mistakes will be made. However the most enjoyable part of my job was getting customers to try new products and seeing how pleased they were when they enjoyed the new product.
Pros
Rewards for good work, Healthcare, Scholarship
Cons
Part-Time, pay just above minimum wage
Fun family
Baker/ Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMarch 7, 2016
I really felt like a family working here. Wegman takes care of their employees. I wish there was one in TX I would still working with them.
Pros
great pay, clean, benefits
Cons
A great place to work with all the benefits involved.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2015
A typical day starts with punching in and getting involved in work right away. With so many things to do it can be stressful and things being ask done from the managers that it can be overwhelming. I am the kind of employee where I do not say no to any task so I am the guy that can do anything that is asked. I learned how to manage my time better with what tasks I can complete as well as teamwork. With out my fellow co workers, the job would be so much more stressful. The hardest part of the job is being able to manage your time enough to where you are able to leave in time. What I like most is the people. Not just my fellow co workers, but working with the public. I like being able to work with the public.
Pros
Free coupons, entitlement to a break, raises, opportunity
Cons
short staffed
sufficient for a job between semesters
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJune 23, 2016
Wegmans is a well run organization, but I find the work to be quite tedious. It was fine for a job between semesters, but I need a job that better fits my personal interests and career goals. I was also never scheduled to work as much as I would like. Short shifts or just short hours. I prefer Wegmans as a customer than as an employee.
Pros
its a nice grocery store
Cons
too few hours of work
Friendly work environment with great coworkers
Full Time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYApril 13, 2016
A typical day I would set up the cold food bars and would make a list of food/product I had to make that day. I learned very good time management and customer service skills. Some of the friendliest and most personable coworkers. Hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the amount of customers, preparation, and cleanliness during busy hours. Most enjoyable part would definitely be the people I worked with
Great opportunities for engaging part-time work
Gainesville, Virginia Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 23, 2016
Wegmans was the best option for me after graduating college and looking for part-time work. There is a great sense of community in the workplace and employee empowerment is a cornerstone of their beliefs. Employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas to management and are given wide and varied opportunities for further training.
Cons
inconsistent schedules
A great enviroment to work in.
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MdJune 18, 2016
Whatever you can dream of, they have it: literally.
It was easy to access first hands on knowledge the majority of the time. the atmosphere was astounding but always to the customers liking as well as weekly samples- also to customers reviews in which kept them as regulars wanting more.
Pros
Freindly working supervisors
Cons
Too many bosses giving too many orders all at once.(a Who's Who)
Fast paced, fun, growing company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 13, 2015
At the end of the day, Wegmans is a great place to work for. They are flexible with your schedule, care about you as an individual and take interest in your growth within the company. If you invest yourself with them, they will do the same in return. Can't speak more highly of all that I have learned from working there! Good benefits, competitive pay.
Don't do it. Just don't.
SEAFOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  PAApril 5, 2016
Wegmans used to be a great company to work for. The last few years it has really gone downhill. They used to care about people but now they only care about the bottom line. The turnover rate is getting ridiculous and people who have been there for years are willing to take pay cuts to get out of there before it gets even worse...if that's possible. Would NOT recommend.
Fun place to work. Outstanding work/life balace.
Customer Service - Wine store (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 1, 2016
Management listens to concerns of its staff. Co-workers are great to work with. Interaction with customers is the most enjoyable part of the job. Dynamic work which involves physically stocking liquor product. Learning process as the liquor industry is a growing worldwide industry.
Pros
Employee appericiation days.
Cons
Standing for extended period of time.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY 13090May 19, 2016
Short shifts, great customer service and support training, management are wonderful to talk too, co-workers are helpful, dealing with customers sometimes is difficult, meeting new people. Not a perfect place but close to it!
Pros
Flexible hours for family needs, great work enviroment and support and rewards for doing a great job.
Cons
retail envionment, and low pay
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 30, 2016
An awesome environment regarding coworkers and management alike. The management seems to make an effort to try and connect with their employees.
Pros
A company that cares for its employees
Cons
inconsistent hours
Amazing place to be
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJune 18, 2016
Wegmans is dedicated to making both their employees and their customers happy. Employees that are treated well treat their customers well. I was offered a great starting rate for a part time job, and they give me the hours I really need. Wegmans truly cares about it's people.
Pros
Kind to staff, good pay, fair treatment, good hours
Cons
Some rude customers
A great company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 3, 2016
My day always begin with a greeting of "Hello Everyone". I learned several different ways in preparing quick and easy meals for our customers. It was like a true family atmosphere working there. Wegmans made you feel like part of a great team. That is what it's all about, treating your co-workers with respect and like family. I felt great about going to work everyday.
Diner
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 9, 2015
The diner was my first job and I had a great time there. It was located at the airport and that was probably the hardest part of the job is the traveling. But the job was great. I had an amazing manger and team with me. On a daily I would take payments and service out going orders. I learned a lot of time management with them, and handling money.
Great Company, Poor Management.
Overnight Grocery (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 6, 2015
Wegmans is constantly rated high in "Best Place to Work" surveys for a reason, it is a fun place to work. Flexible hours, and good co-workers, however management is horrible. Most are only concerned with promotions and not training their employees. If you are looking for a part time job and not looking for advancement then totally apply, they pay pretty well too.
Pros
Great Coworkers.
Cons
Bad, and I mean really bad management.

4.3